: NAV.... Take Me Home?

austin
02-28-06, 09:42 PM
I have a few NAV questions,

First, Can i set my NAV to take me back to my home address from where ever i am?

Second, Can i enter a address to a location? I do not see any alphabet keys?

Third, I guess you have to constantly be looking at the NAV screen, as i have never heard anything like, "right turn", "straight ahead".

As it is now, IMO...... it is just a boring, quiet, real time visual display!! Please tell me their is more to it.....

StealthV
02-28-06, 09:49 PM
1. Yes. One needs to set the "home" address in the NAV system.

2. Yes. The trick to entering an address is one can't be moving or the menu gets blocked out for "safety".

3. Turn up the volume knob... It's also adjustable in the NAV menu.

RTM or WTCD.

StealthV
02-28-06, 09:52 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/navhome.html

Navigation Manual: 2004 (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/2k04cts_nav.pdf) or 2005 (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/2k05cts_nav.pdf) or 2006 (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/2006cts_nav.pdf)

austin
02-28-06, 09:56 PM
Sweeeet......

Thank you StealthV,

You just gave me a reason to take a trip!!

This car just keeps getting better!! :)

odysseus
02-28-06, 10:46 PM
You may have to turn audible directions on in the Nav menus. Mine is turned off, since I found it too annoying while I'm listening to music.

Autom8r
10-11-06, 07:06 PM
Stealth,

I just did a "Set home" search on the forum and found this thread. I have had my V for 2 months and never had figgered out how to set "Home", the manual was of no help. With the car sitting in my drive I used the map to set "Home" after following your lead.

Thanks!

Dave

50 4Ever
10-11-06, 07:58 PM
Stealth,

I just did a "Set home" search on the forum and found this thread. I have had my V for 2 months and never had figgered out how to set "Home", the manual was of no help. With the car sitting in my drive I used the map to set "Home" after following your lead.

Thanks!

Dave

Stored point 1 is "home". As far as I know your Stored Points has to be empty because addresses are stored in sequential order. If you are in your driveway, from the map screen hit the big tuner knob to get to the NAV Menu and select "Store Current Position". Then you should see a message that current location was stored on stored point 1. If you are not at hone, press the tuner knob then press the soft key for "Stored PTs". Highlight stored PT 1 and select it by pressing the tuner knob. A screen should come up asking for the street. I find it is better to enter State, City & then street so just press the soft key for "City" and enter the city. After you have selected the city enter the street and after you select the street a screen comes up asking for the number. after you select the street number it should take you back to a screen where you can edit the name (I put HOME) and you can catagorize the address, I you a house icon so that will show on the map.

Good luck

Luna.
10-11-06, 08:34 PM
I still haven't put the time into figuring out how to do the "tracking" feature...I know, I'm a dork. :D

dqw1
10-12-06, 08:54 AM
Go to Nav, hit the right knob and scroll down to tracking, select it and push the right knob in to activate tracking. Very useful when you go into a new area. At least you don't have to admit your lost, no real man ever does.
Maybe I'm wierd but I kinda like the GPS screen.

CIWS
10-12-06, 09:25 AM
Actually the Nav has been a great help to me going on PGR missions to unfamilar areas, like cemetaries off in the middle of cites or out in the boonies of the countryside. I did have my "home" set already so all I have to do from any lost location is tell it to navigate me back home and it will get me back to a point I know where I'm at, then I usually turn the routing back off.

My biggest problem has been remembering I have the damned thing available when I'm driving to a point trying to find a place. :)

I've used tracking and the "bread crumbs" a few times to get me back out of country roads, but I really like it right before I take the car in for service. I turn it on or off/on to clear it to look at see if and where my car was driven after I pick it back up. Last time I had an alignment / rotation done at the dealership the service ticket did say it was taken on a test drive after, but I saw where and how far it was driven. Good news was it was only a couple of miles down the road and back.

Silver Dollar
10-12-06, 10:06 AM
The "go home" feature is really intended for DTS/STS owners who need help finding their way back to the nursing home from the bingo parlor.

If you had a DTS/STS owner’s manual you'd find the instructions under the chapter titled "Dementia: every day is a new day"