: 350,000 miles on a DHS

turbojimmy
02-28-06, 09:30 PM
I got an e-mail from a guy that stumbled across my DTS restoration pages on my site. He was having some trouble with his DHS and asked me some questions. I replied with some advice and he came back with a thank-you and confessed that since the car had 350,000 miles on it that he didn't want to spend a lot of money on it.

I was encouraged by the 350,000 miles. He runs a limo company so it must be one of his fleet cars. He did, however, say that if I ever needed a ride that he'd send a Lincoln. He must have better luck with the Fords I guess.

Jim

Leloz
02-28-06, 11:20 PM
:thumbsup: I am surprised they used a DHS than a regular Deville for the limo service.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-28-06, 11:26 PM
Well I guess this kills any misconception that Northstars dont last...

turbojimmy
03-01-06, 06:24 AM
Well I guess this kills any misconception that Northstars dont last...

I know - if the thing was killing him maintenance-wise I'd assume he'd have abandoned it long ago.

I'm surprised he had a DHS, too, but maybe it was for special occasions or something? The regular airport schleps get the Lincolns.

Jim

mccombie_5
03-01-06, 11:43 AM
Maybe it was his own personal car, but used for fleet too??

When my dad worked in his last job they gave him a 1999 VW Passat TDI as a company car, but when he was in the office it was to be used for light deliveries of TV's etc, so when he wasnt using it they were getting their money's worth out of it.

He had it for three years on and off (sometimes it would be used by someone else for a few months since we had two other cars it wasnt essential) and in that time it did 72,000 miles. He still talks about that car like it was an angel or something.