: Changing miles on odometer

doit
02-28-06, 09:00 PM
I bought a new cluster from a platinum model and was going to swap them out. my question is, is it possible to change the miles on the new cluster to what my old one is via tech-2 ect?
thanks!

mikeee
02-28-06, 09:07 PM
I think you may be able to get the dealer to do it, it has to be reprogrammed.

doit
02-28-06, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know if a tech2 would be able to do it?

Rolex
03-01-06, 04:12 PM
These threads always raise my eyebrows a little. Take the vehicle to a dealer. Changing the odometer isn't a do-it-yourself project for legitimate reasons. You'll want any change to the odometer to be notarized by the dealer anyway to avoid fraud issues during resale.

doit
03-01-06, 09:52 PM
These threads always raise my eyebrows a little. Take the vehicle to a dealer. Changing the odometer isn't a do-it-yourself project for legitimate reasons. You'll want any change to the odometer to be notarized by the dealer anyway to avoid fraud issues during resale.Your correct Rolex, i will be taking it to the dealership just for the legitimate reasons. thanks !
also has anyone ever pulled the needles to change out just the face plate,
if this is possible then i will just pull the needles and change out the face's thanks again!

slk230mb
03-02-06, 08:17 AM
Just because the nature of this topic is a very much a grey area, I'm closing it. As stated before, go to a dealership and ask them.