: For those who have Alum Pedals

dannystang
02-28-06, 08:36 PM
Checked on faq and got this site..

http://www.autovationparts.com/store/CTS.html

now which finish is the least slippery?

One thing I dont like about alum pedals is if your foot is wet you slide off...

Or which for those that did the group-buy did u guys like best?

dannystang
02-28-06, 08:53 PM
Oh nvm I found it...

Whats better UltimatePedal or Autovation?

I like that Autovations has the 5 pc kit

DeputyDog
02-28-06, 09:13 PM
I have the Autovation pedals. I like them. Feet don't slip off when wet. I believe Autovation are cheaper in price.

calicadi
02-28-06, 10:07 PM
I've got the Ulitmates (w/ heel&toe gas and w/o the V logo which would have reduced the non-skid area). No slipage here.

DILLIGAF
02-28-06, 10:11 PM
Ultimates here and love them,but I drive bare foot in the summer and they will sand your feet off.No slippage

LV_V
03-01-06, 06:07 AM
I have the Autovation Competition finish, 5-piece + heel plate. Highly recommended. Took 30 minutes to install, looks incredible in there. No slippage here, but then again I never drive with soaking wet feet.

dannystang
03-01-06, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys I think I will give Autovation a ring...

Unless anyone wants to start a group buy?

atdeneve
03-01-06, 09:24 AM
Huh, did I hear group buy? Those two little words just seem to keep on popping up everywhere, don't they.

trukk
03-01-06, 01:30 PM
I've got the Ulitmates (w/ heel&toe gas and w/o the V logo which would have reduced the non-skid area). No slipage here.

Ultimates with the logo. No slippage. Hard to drive barefoot in the summer, due to coarseness of pedals.

-Chris

Staxxin
03-01-06, 02:09 PM
A group buy could be nice!

dannystang
03-01-06, 03:41 PM
Well im sure we can get 10?

Whos wants to start the gb thread?

heavymetals
03-01-06, 04:33 PM
Ultimate.:thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
03-01-06, 07:38 PM
I'd ABSOLUTELY get in on a group buy for AUTOVATION ONLY. Ultimates are just too expensive.

Staxxin
03-01-06, 07:47 PM
I'd ABSOLUTELY get in on a group buy for AUTOVATION ONLY. Ultimates are just too expensive.

:yeah:

M5eatr
03-01-06, 11:03 PM
Those Autovation's should net 20 bhp more, at the wheels.

thebigjimsho
03-01-06, 11:47 PM
Just give me better feel and better heel-and-toeing and that's enough for me. Of course, I'll give away that stupid-ass e-brake pedal. Yeah, like I want to announce to anyone looking in my car that GM loves to give us a supersedan with a foot e-brake.

M5eatr
03-02-06, 09:56 AM
They will also make your ride look faster.

As far as heel-toeing, I just can't seem to do it how it's supposed to be. Although I do try to rev match by blipping the throttle before reaching for the brake sometimes. Maybe one day I'll get to go on a roadcourse and get a autoxer like Jim to show me how it's done.

SBONES
03-02-06, 10:31 AM
autovation pedals..they dont slip..

trukk
03-02-06, 11:01 AM
As far as heel-toeing, I just can't seem to do it how it's supposed to be. Although I do try to rev match by blipping the throttle before reaching for the brake sometimes. Maybe one day I'll get to go on a roadcourse and get a autoxer like Jim to show me how it's done.

For me, it's not really the lateral distance between the two pedals (although that could be closer), it's the damned 'height' difference between the two. To cover both with the width of your foot, you have to tilt you foot at like 30 Degrees (or more), which my ankle doesn't really take to well (while still having an acceptable level of touch/feel).

I've taken to wearing wider shoes (I sh!t ye not, I now make shoe purchase decisions based upon my car's pedal spacing), and twisting my foot off axis to make the heal/toe (i.e. use the center of the foot on the brake, and tilt the toes to the right, and down, for the gas.)

Has anyone tried putting a 3/8th inch spacer between the gas pedal, and the aluminum overlay? I bet this would make a big difference.

-Chris

dannystang
03-02-06, 04:16 PM
Bigjim want to start a GB thread see how many we can get...?

Last special was $89 delivered...

Now its 109 without delivery..

We should probably get as many people as we can if we intend of leveraging that with the vendor.

I will let you start the thread as you are more popular :)

But im definately IN.

thebigjimsho
03-02-06, 05:03 PM
I will let you start the thread as you are more popular :)Oh no, you're wrong. I'd say with all the "favors" you perform, you're immensely more popular.

Not to sound like a wuss, which I will, I have no experience with group buys and I honestly don't think I have the time to do it.

50 4Ever
03-02-06, 05:55 PM
They will also make your ride look faster.

Heel and Toe shifting is a little difficult on the street, at least for me, because you aren't threshold braking (just before ABS kicks in). When you are threshold braking it is easier to Heel and Toe because the brake pedal is further down making it easier to hit the gas.

I am like you because I blip and shift down before braking. When I was learning H&T in a 3-day Advanced Driving school my foot slipped off the brake as I was entering a 170 degree turn. By the time I got my foot back on the brake I was still going too fast and I was out of track. Needless to say I drove the Corvette (not mine) off the track. So I'm a little leary about entering a turn at speed and trying to H&T.

dannystang
03-02-06, 10:46 PM
Oh no, you're wrong. I'd say with all the "favors" you perform, you're immensely more popular.

Not to sound like a wuss, which I will, I have no experience with group buys and I honestly don't think I have the time to do it.

:) ok...

Thread up...

Lol