: submariner409

Submariner409
02-28-06, 07:21 PM
:rolleyes: Just surfed here a few days ago. New to all this. Bought a 2002 STS in Crimson Pearl from a local dealer (Eastern MD) and am pretty impressed. The fact that I raced a '53 MG gives you a clue to my age.......built 'em all......flathead Fords (even a couple of V8-60's), Chevy 283/327, Olds455, you name it. Presently run a tricked out '72 Olds 455 in my Chesapeake Bay workboat. Have another short block in the garage. The STS is for fun. Looks as if the steering recall was done in '04, somewhere near Staten Island. 3 months and 2200 miles so far (it had 23775 when I bought it) and all's well. The cabin air filter is a bitch. I'll go through the dealer time/mileage free oil change and then change to AMSOIL 5W-30 with WIX filter. I've blown up engines running Fram.......No hint of the front end vibration even up to 132, GPS. Maybe the caliper pin job was done. Even after 4 years (the first owner) I've found trim attachments and push plugs that were never done right. 9 extra trim plugs and screws under the spare dumb tire. Quite honestly, my F-150 XLT SuperCab (2004) is built better. That observation may hint why GM is in deep trouble. Anyway, it's a fun ride, and will be cared for and live in a garage. ......Someone, anyone, please make a performance programmer...........The ol' submariner

slk230mb
02-28-06, 07:59 PM
:welcome: Pics?

Boombotz
02-28-06, 10:02 PM
:welcome: ,

I know I love my 03' Escalade alot more then my 05' F-150 Super cab. Hopefully the STS treats you well. Good luck with it.

CADDYBLACK99
03-02-06, 08:20 PM
Welcome Submariner!

The STS sounds nice! Hmmm.....racing 53' MG's that sounds like a lot of fun. My neighbor had one back in my younger days (way younger days!) always like them. My sister had MG midget back in the 70's that was fun too! It would be to scarry to drive today though surrounded by these huge SUV's. Good luck with your STS and thanks for joining the forum.
:welcome:
Paul

2004CTS
03-05-06, 10:40 PM
Welcome and congrats on the STS! Guess everyone has a different story, as my step father has a 2004 F-150 Super Crew with contant problems and he's ready to trade for a GM vehicle! :) He's been impressed with the quality of my mother's occasional driver (1995 Corvette Pace Car).