: Looking for the blue look in the low beams...

nikon
02-28-06, 04:27 PM
Ive done some searching but all I can find is that PIAA makes a replacement bulb for our car, but the temp drops, I understand this means more light output, but Id honestly rather have the blue tint to it...I did some research and came up that the bulb is a D1S, Ive looked around and cant find any other manufacturers out there? Am I stuck with the whiteish color of my headlights:mad:? or is there another choice....thanks.:rose:

GT04CTS-V
02-28-06, 08:00 PM
When viewed off center, the stock CTS-V HID headlights have a blue tint to them already.

GT

nikon
03-01-06, 12:04 AM
When viewed off center, the stock CTS-V HID headlights have a blue tint to them already.

GT

I know but I want that blue look to be shining on the ground...anyone know of any vendors that sell hid bulbs???

LV_V
03-01-06, 06:09 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the STS has the same bulb just a different lens? Can someone verify this? Maybe we can swap the lens out somehow for that blue shine. I would be very interested in this too.

nikon
03-01-06, 09:39 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the STS has the same bulb just a different lens? Can someone verify this? Maybe we can swap the lens out somehow for that blue shine. I would be very interested in this too.

I found that too, but doesnt seem practical...oh well, I know the make D2S bulbs but they dont have the ignitor built into the bulbs like our bulbs do, so they wont work, and of course those are the only bulbs I can find that have different color temps.