: Dash Light Replacement

silentkiller19
02-28-06, 11:12 AM
Anyone know the size of the bulbs or where i can get replacements for the lights in the guage cluster and hvac controls?

Thanks

APatterson
03-09-06, 10:32 PM
ok guys.. i pulled the HVAC front off. I found the bulbs. Now it seems to me if the bulbs were "screw in screw out" there would be replacements. I pried the front of the unit off using a flat head screwdriver, VERY CAREFULLY, and behind the unit were about six or sever little black circles. I was first trying to get being the circuitry but then realized it was the black circles.

ANYWAYS

They twist about 90 degrees then pop out. What they look like is little tiny LED's placed in a unique holder. I don't know if anyone knew this info, but if I pull it again while testing with some small white LED's from radioshack I have laying around, I'll def. post the pic.

lawnpatio
03-14-06, 05:22 PM
ok guys.. i pulled the HVAC front off. I found the bulbs. Now it seems to me if the bulbs were "screw in screw out" there would be replacements. I pried the front of the unit off using a flat head screwdriver, VERY CAREFULLY, and behind the unit were about six or sever little black circles. I was first trying to get being the circuitry but then realized it was the black circles.

ANYWAYS

They twist about 90 degrees then pop out. What they look like is little tiny LED's placed in a unique holder. I don't know if anyone knew this info, but if I pull it again while testing with some small white LED's from radioshack I have laying around, I'll def. post the pic.

How were you able to pull off the front of the unit? I defintely need to change my burnt ones. Thanks

97cateraowner
03-14-06, 05:56 PM
Good info. The wife's Catera was showing one bulb out...it's just one - let it go. Well then a second bulb went out...bummer I got to fix it now. I was driving the car and I hit a bump, the second bulb came back on. Cool! I don't have to tear into it for just one bulb!
Then a light came on in my head....then a sharp rap on the dash above cluster mysteriously appeared. The first bulb then lit up and has been on ever since. Its been 4 months now and all the lights are still lit.

Might be worth a try....

bobbarker
09-07-06, 08:32 PM
I've had the same problem for years with my 98 Cat, now the bulbs won't come on, is it a big job to replace them?

Resilient
09-08-06, 03:37 PM
No... it's actually easy : with patience and following the right steps.

ljmccar
09-15-06, 07:32 PM
Where do you get the replacement bulbs????

Resilient
09-19-06, 08:29 AM
I got mine at Canadian Tire...

When you have the dash open, and take out a light
1997 Cadillac Catera (http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/mannyyy/ipwriteup.html)

Those are just holders... the bulb just pops out of the 'orange' holder... easy to replace...

Search the Forum, we talked about full color conversions a few months back...

ljmccar
09-21-06, 07:56 PM
Actually, I am trying to replace the lights behind the climate controls. There are 7 tiny LEDs with black plastic twist-in bodies. I have had NO LUCK finding replacements, even though they are easily removable from the dash panel. Help!!!