: Help! New noise!

TXSilverV
02-28-06, 09:34 AM
Just got my car back from the dealer. The rear was leaking and all they would do is replace the seal. They said there was no problem other than a leak. Now once I start to take off there is a pop from the rear of the car. Does anyone have a idea what these people have done now? I was better of with the small leak I had.

Parker
02-28-06, 10:01 AM
Your shits about to die.

TXSilverV
02-28-06, 10:36 AM
I knew it!

Parker
02-28-06, 10:45 AM
Then you'll be just as fast as me!

heavymetals
02-28-06, 12:35 PM
Take it back, and if you have to take it somewhere else.

If it is under warranty, they are supposed to replace the diff.

CIWS
02-28-06, 04:56 PM
Which dealership did you take it to ? (I know your local so I'm curious) You can PM me if you prefer. But I'd like to know :)

Got5onit
02-28-06, 06:29 PM
If you're in the DFW area, take it to Sewell Cadillac in Grapevine. The BEST service I've ever had from any dealer/manufacturer on any of my vehicles.
They replaced my rear end when I had a very small leak. I remember reading on the receipt something about the Technician testing the differential fluid for metallic composition and finding it too high. Don't know how they went about this, but they did replace it.

Ryan's '05-V
02-28-06, 07:44 PM
Here's my story. My diff leaked bad and they replaced my seal. From that day on it whined like a biatch if 5th when accel at 62+. Then it started to leak again and they told me they forgot to put the plug back in on top of my diff. I started to have a little more leaking recently and the whine is really bad when accel in 4th and 5th now. I went to a new dealer and am hoping for the new diff and what is what they said it is. Their guy hasn't checked it out yet but I'll bet your diff will be done soon.
If I don't get a new diff I have another dealer I am going to try. Good luck.

calicadi
02-28-06, 10:18 PM
If the diff is not whinning and you're just getting a pop at roll out, I'd ask them to check that the springs are properly seated (assuming they dropped the cradle to change the seal) and that everything else they touched is properly torqued.

DILLIGAF
02-28-06, 10:27 PM
D,these guys need to know your V is heavily modified and the dealer knows it,as does anyone who hears it idle.And i'd like to add your V is the loudest car i've ever heard.Get that thing patched up for the Tulsa thing asap.I'll be there.Randy

TXSilverV
02-28-06, 11:34 PM
It was Sewell in Grapevine! Took it by and they fixed it in about five minutes. It was a spring! And yes my car is heavily modified! it's not that loud anymore since we put the Magnaflow on. When is the Tulsa thing?

CIWS
03-01-06, 09:28 AM
Man glad to hear it wasn't anything major to get it solved.
I'll have to keep the Grapevine Sewell in mind for service. Since I purchased from a Sewell eveything should be kosher.

thefly
03-01-06, 10:36 AM
i went to sewell in dallas. and my service advisor said they didn't see many v's. not reassuring...

CIWS
03-01-06, 11:01 AM
Yeah I've been told the same thing by them, which is a little strange because I know they sell them. But then again compared to other Cadi models, except the new STS / XLR-V, they sell very few Vs. I work very close to Sewell Dallas and see new Vs sitting out front with SOLD tags hanging from the mirrors when I drive by going to parts or service. However I was told the same thing when my car was over at their collision center getting touch up work done, "we see very few Vs" but one of the managers there drives a Silver V himself. I've taken my car to Sewell Dallas 3 times now for service and are still forming my opinion. It appears like you have to learn how to explain certain things to the service reps to get a better experience. But they have had a loaner ready for me all three times

heavymetals
03-01-06, 02:36 PM
Enjoy the exclusive feeling.

Sounds like you have some good servicing agents around.

That helps a lot.