: Ha Ha FLU & Ha Ha FLU SHOT

Sandy
01-05-04, 12:44 PM
On November 7th 2003 I had a Flu Shot. On New Year's Eve, I came down with the flu! It's made me really, really sick and I feel like this :bonkers:

So, not wanting anyone on here to catch it from me ~ I have stayed off board. I just came back on for a look & it says that I am 103 behind. No way I can read 103 new messages!! I am going back to bed. My head feels like this: :banghead:
and my outlook is like this: :mad: so, I better not make any posts! My head feels like :banghead2 amd all I do is guzzle TEA :coffee: and my throat is sooooo sore that I :canttalk: and two times I did this
:vomit: and once this
:jawdrop:
So, I don't want anyone here to catch it, so I am staying off board for a few days. I am too tired to read, and eyes are too watery.
(Last Flu Shot I'll ever get!) I still didn't get the bill from my Dr. !! I'll have to go pay him, when I get well :farting: (No, I have zero idea how/wheree I got it!). A belated Happy New Year to Everyone. My 60 Special is safe in a nice locked garage. I miss it.

JJhomer83
01-05-04, 01:24 PM
Hope you feel better sandy.
sorry to hear that the flu shot didn't work but your post was funny stuff

airbalancer
01-05-04, 01:32 PM
In Ontario flu shots are free.
But the new strain was not in the shot this year, because the there is a new strain out there.They are making next winter flu shot now.
Time to sleep and forgot the chicken soup

Elvis
01-05-04, 02:00 PM
I never get flu shots. About 40 years ago when my father was in the Navy he was one of two dozen on his ship who got a bad batch. He became violently ill within 12 hours.

airbalancer
01-05-04, 02:29 PM
I have about three shots so far everything find. But I have had some shit GM cars but I am still driving GM :banghead:

Sandy
01-05-04, 04:00 PM
Oh, ya...I am now resident expert on chicken soup. I could post a chart on who's is the saltiest, the most noodles, the least noodles and the best matzoh balls. Some taste like hot water, others are too chicken-iee. Sleep? What's that??? Coffee, tea, soup, ice cream, coffee, soup, tea, tea, coffee, soup.....This is what my bladder looks like :lildevil:
I'll get you, he says.
(Hey, there's no GoodYear Blimp smilee to depict my bladder.) The Smith Brothers are coming to visit when my wife get home with them...Cough Cough Cough Cough Cough

airbalancer
01-05-04, 04:59 PM
I though she would gone on a trip south and come back when your better :lildevil:

elwesso
01-05-04, 05:07 PM
Hope you feel better Sandy.... My dad is a doctor and he forced me to get a flu shot... I felt like :( for a few days, but nothing serious... FLU SHOTS SUCK, id rather take a gamble and get it for a chance NOT to get it!

Allante North *
01-05-04, 05:23 PM
Hey Sandy,

I/we hope you get to feeling better soon. I have never had a flu shot and I don't plan on ever getting one. I'm lucky and don't get sick much, so I have never seen a need to get the shot.

Don

Ralph
01-05-04, 05:31 PM
Flu shots are just a guess at the strain for the current year anyway, besides if you knew some of the other crap they put in it! I read there is even formaldehyde and various other possible cancer causing agents in it! If you are elderly, and have a lowered immune system, then I MIGHT get one, but otherwise I would not bother. For the medical field I will be working in it was required that I get innoculated for Hepatitus B, after the injection, I have been sick for 2 weeks with caughing, conjestion, and a lump in my throat the size of a golf ball! I will never get the flu shot, but to each their own.

elwesso
01-05-04, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I agree.. Its better for old people, but with their weak immune system would that possibly mean that they would be more likely to get sick from the shot?? And bad things might happen??? :bonkers:

Ralph
01-05-04, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I agree.. Its better for old people, but with their weak immune system would that possibly mean that they would be more likely to get sick from the shot?? And bad things might happen??? :bonkers:

You're a sharp Dude Wes old buddy, and after I said that I thought you might question that. You are absolutely correct, but as I'm sure your dad also knows, when you are in the profession, you generally have to go with the general consensus. For example, I can't speak for the AMA, but up here, they recommend that if you are over 65, you "should" get the flu shot. They also recommend it if you may be susceptable for some other reason to disease or illness, etc. to get the shot, but with a "slight" waring if you have a lowered immune system. For now that is what the media is saying, and that seems to be the general agreement. Anyone can do what they want, I don't care, but that is why I personally say that I don't think it is necessary. After I got my second Hep shot (you need 3) I got sick, but I MAY have been getting a cold when I got the shot, and my immune system was over taxed as it was, therefore I believe it made me sick. Normally, one does not get sick from the shots, as they are a dead virus already when you are innoculated, but you never know, it depends on how you are at that time I believe.

Ralph
01-05-04, 08:04 PM
Oh, sorry Sandy, I hope you get better, being sick sucks. :( NOW GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND BACK TO BED!!! :D

elwesso
01-05-04, 08:22 PM
You're a sharp Dude Wes old buddy, and after I said that I thought you might question that. You are absolutely correct, but as I'm sure your dad also knows, when you are in the profession, you generally have to go with the general consensus. For example, I can't speak for the AMA, but up here, they recommend that if you are over 65, you "should" get the flu shot. They also recommend it if you may be susceptable for some other reason to disease or illness, etc. to get the shot, but with a "slight" waring if you have a lowered immune system. For now that is what the media is saying, and that seems to be the general agreement. Anyone can do what they want, I don't care, but that is why I personally say that I don't think it is necessary. After I got my second Hep shot (you need 3) I got sick, but I MAY have been getting a cold when I got the shot, and my immune system was over taxed as it was, therefore I believe it made me sick. Normally, one does not get sick from the shots, as they are a dead virus already when you are innoculated, but you never know, it depends on how you are at that time I believe.
Ralph... While the virus is dead, or rather "disabled" the body still recognizes them as potential.. While we are not seeing the affects of the virus, we ARE seeing the body trying to fight the virus off, even though it is not a threat... I suppose because of the differences in immune systems causes the different reactions, IE some getting REALLY sick and others not noticing anything....

Just a little side note.... Virus (sing viron) are not really alive.... They have been described as "bits of nucleic acid". They sorta look like a lunar lander type thing, with "legs" and this little stinger looking thing.. What happens (this is really fasinating) is when the virus is inducted into the system, it attaches to the cell that it attacks (usually in the throat I think), and injects a different code of DNA and RNA... Instead of the cell making stuff for the body, they are "reprogrammed" to make more little virus..... Then all those virus go to OTHER cells and follow suit.... By the time the body realizes it, it uses the first line of defense (cant remember what those things are called), and basically what it does it goes through and kills the entire cells, hence the bad side affects.....

I digress... Get better Sandy..... :D

Sandy
01-05-04, 08:32 PM
But, But, But...I AM old ~ 57 last month!
I sleep alot, now - put ya outta pain, then I wake up and it's time for more chicken soup! and of course FREAKIN TEA :coffee: - Then I come here & look at this and go back to bed. My wife brought back the Smith Boys so I am coughing a little less. I'll be back at 11 tonite for another look and the last of the ice cream & tea :coffee:

Ralph
01-05-04, 08:37 PM
I sleep alot, now - put ya outta pain, then I wake up and it's time for more chicken soup! and of course FREAKIN TEA :coffee: - Then I come here & look at this and go back to bed. My wife brought back the Smith Boys so I am coughing a little less. I'll be back at 11 tonite for another look and the last of the ice cream & tea :coffee:

SANDY!! GET BACK TO BED! WE ARE DISCUSSING YOUR SITUATION, AND AFTER WES AND I ARE DONE, YOU WILL REALLY FEEL SICK! :D :histeric:

PS, try some Kombucha tea, it is an immume booster.

Ralph
01-05-04, 08:40 PM
Ralph... While the virus is dead, or rather "disabled" the body still recognizes them as potential.. While we are not seeing the affects of the virus, we ARE seeing the body trying to fight the virus off, even though it is not a threat... I suppose because of the differences in immune systems causes the different reactions, IE some getting REALLY sick and others not noticing anything....

Just a little side note.... Virus (sing viron) are not really alive.... They have been described as "bits of nucleic acid". They sorta look like a lunar lander type thing, with "legs" and this little stinger looking thing.. What happens (this is really fasinating) is when the virus is inducted into the system, it attaches to the cell that it attacks (usually in the throat I think), and injects a different code of DNA and RNA... Instead of the cell making stuff for the body, they are "reprogrammed" to make more little virus..... Then all those virus go to OTHER cells and follow suit.... By the time the body realizes it, it uses the first line of defense (cant remember what those things are called), and basically what it does it goes through and kills the entire cells, hence the bad side affects.....

I digress... Get better Sandy..... :D

Antibodies? Killer T cells?

Wes, stop looking at your dad's notes and go over to Airbalancer's temp gauge question, I had some trouble with mine today! :crying: :crying2: :confused: HELP. :confused: :yup: :crying:

Ralph
01-05-04, 08:45 PM

I forgot, it's actually good to avoid ice cream and sugar when you are sick. Even a cube of sugar will supress the Killer T cells in your immune system for 6 hours, minimum! Bet ya didn't know that, Wes!? :D

davesdeville
01-05-04, 10:10 PM
At least I got codeine cough syrup for mine. Mmm codeine.

Sandy
01-05-04, 11:31 PM
You ain't taking away my ICE CREAM :gun2:

Whats with the gumbaya ? Is that where we all sing "Gum-bye-ya" in a circle?? I did that in day camp (in a different lifetime). Had some Acid-iee Orange Juice Tropicana brand, and sneezed 11 times & took advil for headache 3 of them; and walked around the house cranky-faced. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

E'one here is staying far away from me. My wife is gonna sleep on the sofa. :crybaby: So goes it, guess I go back to bed, I feel this coming on :o

Ralph
01-06-04, 12:45 AM
You ain't taking away my ICE CREAM :gun2:

Whats with the gumbaya ? Is that where we all sing "Gum-bye-ya" in a circle?? I did that in day camp (in a different lifetime). Had some Acid-iee Orange Juice Tropicana brand, and sneezed 11 times & took advil for headache 3 of them; and walked around the house cranky-faced. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

E'one here is staying far away from me. My wife is gonna sleep on the sofa. :crybaby: So goes it, guess I go back to bed, I feel this coming on :o

See, you are allowed to defend your ice cream with a smilie like this in the U.S. :brutal: Here is what we get to use up here; :hitstick:

I especially like the new smilie entitled little Wes :littlewes

Ralph
01-06-04, 12:49 AM
I call these little KC's

:gun2: :gungrin:

Unfortunately, there isn't one with a tank. :D

elwesso
01-06-04, 07:58 PM
Antibodies? Killer T cells?

Wes, stop looking at your dad's notes and go over to Airbalancer's temp gauge question, I had some trouble with mine today! :crying: :crying2: :confused: HELP. :confused: :yup: :crying:
Yes thats right, and that was all from my head BUDDY!!! My dad doesnt have crap like that laying around (that I know of).... :D

I also like my minime!! its GOLDEN!!!! :golden:

Sandy
01-06-04, 08:28 PM
I am feel alot better today. Ate and actually went out for 20 minutes. Now, I am in the guest room, because I have been declaired "Contaminated" !! So, while here, I am putting up the new wallpaper using the phlem in my throat :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Ralph
01-07-04, 12:29 AM
:histeric: What a guy, even when he's sick, he still has a sense of humour. Glad you are recovering!

P.S. But, I thought your wife always made you sleep on the couch?? :hide:

Sandy
01-07-04, 09:47 AM
No, No, No!!! ONLY when I want sex :)

Seriously, the wife is now coming down with it. I don't know what it is (I still have it - sloooooowly getting better - but it's a cross between a really bad cold, a virus, a flu and a nasty cough. So far, I've had it since New Year's Eve, or 7-8 days.

Children are great! Our 19 year old son, took his Cherokee and went to the food market, shopped, brought everyhting home & put it all away. Otherwise, we'd have nothing in the house....in 8 days one runs out of everything. We are lucky he is home for mid-semester break from college. My wife's cough sounds like a Catapillar terrain leveler clearing land !