: ATTN: CCW wheel owners

BowenCT
02-26-06, 07:01 PM
I am picking up a set of polished SP600s, and I am in search of some maintenace tips. What is the best way to keep them looking their best? What is the best product to use? Etc etc..... Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-MB

10secvette
02-26-06, 07:11 PM
I am picking up a set of polished SP600s, and I am in search of some maintenace tips. What is the best way to keep them looking their best? What is the best product to use? Etc etc..... Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-MB

Give John a call and see what he recomends.

BowenCT
02-26-06, 07:13 PM
I plan on doing that, just thought I would drop a line here to see if any owners could shed any insight.

04CTSVFLA
02-26-06, 07:38 PM
where u picking them up from...used?

fig32
02-26-06, 07:43 PM
MP,
I had a set of 505a CCW wheels on my Vette. They looked great but it was a lot of work to keep them clean. Two products that made it much easier were Mother's Power Ball and Simichrome Polish. I purchased just about every polish known to man and think that Simichrome or Mother's Billet Polish worked best. Simichrome is usually available in Harley Dealerships and mothers power ball can be purchased online. Run out now and get the Mothers Power ball and you can thank me later. Peace!:cool2:

Mark

BowenCT
02-26-06, 07:45 PM
where u picking them up from...used?

Yes, from a forum member.

BowenCT
02-26-06, 07:46 PM
MP,
I had a set of 505a CCW wheels on my Vette. They looked great but it was a lot of work to keep them clean. Two products that made it much easier were Mother's Power Ball and Simichrome Polish. I purchased just about every polish known to man and think that Simichrome or Mother's Billet Polish worked best. Simichrome is usually available in Harley Dealerships and mothers power ball can be purchased online. Run out now and get the Mothers Power ball and you can thank me later. Peace!:cool2:

Mark

Thanks Mark, that's the kind of info I'm looking for!

04CTSVFLA
02-26-06, 08:15 PM
Yes, from a forum member.

aahhhhhh from who wildwhl????? I was looking for a used set, I wish I would of seen the post or classified ad for these rims.....although I cant seem to find it. If you end up not getting them lMK

ssmith100
02-26-06, 09:02 PM
Send them off and get them chromed. Keeping the inside of the barrel looking good is the problem. Best thing I ever did was have mine chromed. Hardly any maintenance at all.

Shane

1MEANV
02-26-06, 09:16 PM
:) black chromed

VELOSE
02-26-06, 09:17 PM
Get the centers powdercoated black and leave the lip polished or chrome. This is the easiest way to look cleaner longer. When you want to look shiny, just clean the polished/chrome lip when you are in a pinch. :D

I might have to get that mothers ball. I keep hearing good things about it.

BowenCT
02-26-06, 09:20 PM
:) black chromed

I would entertain that. Any ideas who does it?

Dreamin
02-26-06, 09:25 PM
I would entertain that. Any ideas who does it?

John does... though he sends them to a company in CA... i'm sure he'll tell you if you call and ask.

Dreamin
02-26-06, 09:26 PM
Get the centers powdercoated black and leave the lip polished or chrome.

:yeah: ...and straight gloss black powdercoating would be cheap...

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3344/parkerctsv9black3tr.jpg

BowenCT
02-26-06, 09:33 PM
That looks hot.........on a black V, my car is platinum. Going black chrome may be the ticket, cause this too looks great. Any clue who's car this is? I think it's one of Parker's boy's.....

Dreamin
02-26-06, 09:42 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/59447-slammed-black-chrome-sp600s-pics.html

Staxxin
02-26-06, 09:44 PM
Dreamin -

Your car looks sick!!!! Now you have me thinking :sneaky:... I have a set of SP600's in the box waiting to be installed. The straight gloss matches the paint verily well?

Dreamin
02-26-06, 09:46 PM
Not my car... that pic is a Photoshop. You'd just have to find good powdercoater, they'd have to powdercoat the whole wheel, and then strip/polish the black off the lip.

1MEANV
02-26-06, 11:06 PM
mine are black chromed 505a. i got john to do them . he sends them out to have them done. hardly anywhere does it any more becasue the process is very toxic

Parker
02-26-06, 11:32 PM
:yeah: ...and straight gloss black powdercoating would be cheap...

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3344/parkerctsv9black3tr.jpg

This is my ride photoshopped w/ the black centers. Chuck over at HPE in Houston owns the Platinum V with the black chrome CCWs. Im pretty sure I heard that CCW quit black chroming the wheels. My .02 is to chrome them. If you plan on daily driving the car I wouldn't leave them polished due to the fact no matter how much you do to maintain the wheels, you'll still have the water spots that are a bitch to polish off.

Parker
02-26-06, 11:34 PM
It would be a pain in the ass to get the gloss black powdercoat to look that great since the wheels are only 1 piece and you would be able to see where the wheel was taped off to apply the powder.

1MEANV
02-26-06, 11:43 PM
cool, now the black chrome wheels are collector items lol

Texan V
02-27-06, 11:09 AM
Sounds like you need this stuff...Zoopseal

http://www.zoopseal.com/zoopseal.asp

I used it on my motorcycle and it kept the polished frame and wheels looking great for a very long time.

Staxxin
02-27-06, 03:39 PM
It would be a pain in the ass to get the gloss black powdercoat to look that great since the wheels are only 1 piece and you would be able to see where the wheel was taped off to apply the powder.

Good point!!!!

Dreamin
02-27-06, 04:36 PM

Tape of adhesive material wont stand up to the temps required during the powdercoating step. You'll have to powder coat the whole wheel, and then polish/remove the coat off the lip. I've see it down on many wheels, it looks pretty good.

Parker
02-27-06, 05:00 PM
They put tape on whatever they dont want powdercoated then bake it, I've seen it done many times.

ssmith100
02-27-06, 05:21 PM
Parker,

You get your wheels back????

Shane

BowenCT
02-27-06, 07:15 PM
Well, I called John this morning and he gave me the number to American Powdercoat. I'm sending the wheels off to be black-chromed.

What started out as a thread looking for polishing advice, just took several hundred $$$ out of my pocket. This forum is lethal!

wooderson
02-27-06, 07:46 PM
John does... though he sends them to a company in CA... i'm sure he'll tell you if you call and ask.I just ordered a set from Chip at CCW. He said that they no longer send the wheels out to be chromed or powdercoated.

Staxxin
02-27-06, 09:06 PM
Well, I called John this morning and he gave me the number to American Powdercoat. I'm sending the wheels off to be black-chromed.

What started out as a thread looking for polishing advice, just took several hundred $$$ out of my pocket. This forum is lethal!

How much are they charging you to get the set black chromed? If you don't want to post, would you please PM or email me the info staxxin@comcast.net

Thanks!!!