: Need a "coolent pipe"

Boris
02-26-06, 06:25 PM
I got an aftermarket thermostat housing which didn't quite line up with the coolant pipe.
It was close enough that I thought the bolt that secures the pipe and engine lift bracket to the head would push the pipe onto the thermostat housing the rest of the way, I was wrong.

The coolant pipes bracket snapped off and now I need a new one.

Anyone have a spare???

I know that it's probably a dealer item which means big $$$$ but I don't think I would want to trust JB weld on this one.

Thanks guys.

jebfrank
03-02-06, 04:24 PM
Don't feel bad I did the same thing, I think they around 50 bucks at the dealership. Did you return your aftermarket T-stat and get one from the dealer?

Boris
03-02-06, 07:51 PM
My local Caddy dealer said it would take 2 weeks and $75.00 to get the part.
I gave it to a neighbour and he welded it up for me. He didn't do a great job on it but JB Weld will take care of the rest.

As for the T-stat, I used the original housing with the guts from the new one. Checked it out in a pot of water and it worked like a charm.

I'll put it all back together on Saturday, hope I find the oil leak which was the reason I pulled the motor apart in the first place.

I hate the smell of burning oil so I have to stop the leak.(It's not the valve covers)