: Compliments...

theformer
02-25-06, 11:33 PM
I picked up my CTS-V on Monday. Black on Black with the performance shocks...

As of today, I have logged more compliments on the car than days I have owned the car. It appears that the V, as subtle as it is, is pretty well known among car enthusiasts. I'm sure the growl of that 400 hp is also turning even more heads.

And I am NOT complaining! :thumbsup: Does everyone normally get that type of attention?

heavymetals
02-25-06, 11:39 PM
Yep!

And welcome to mod hell.:thumbsup:

My biggest ego shot was when I pulled up to a light and some kids were hanging out of the window of the car next to me and yelling at their dad it was a "V".

Kids seem to be the first to recognize them.

Isn't the V a hoot!

CIWS
02-26-06, 06:30 AM
So far most of the people I'm around didn't know the the V series. They just think it's a very hot / nice looking CTS. Then when I say "want to go for a test ride ?" I usually try and keep it very subtle until I have a clear chance to punch it and accelerate. Almost without fail the first words are "Oh My God what is in this car !"
Just driving / sitting in traffic I tend to notice couples pointing at it and discussing something, so if traffic permits I try and make sure to give it a good acceleration once again incase they think it's a normal CTS. :)

rand49er
02-26-06, 07:32 AM
Kids seem to be the first to recognize them.:yeah:

Occasionally, while I'm fueling up, an adult (male, of course) will knowingly comment on the V and ask, "Is it fast?", but young guys seem to be the most knowledgeable about Vs; high school kids point when I drive by, or gawk from another car.

Though it's nice to get noticed like that, I like the fact that the V is mostly below everyone's radar, ESPECIALLY, the people who think they are SO cool in their little Japanese or German number only to eat dust.

dqw1
02-26-06, 09:34 AM
The best compliment you can get I think is when someone ask, "is that the V"? It tells they heard of it.
Had a guy with a Q45 tell me he almost bought one and wishing he had now. Yeah, I think a good number of gets very positive compliments.

BowenCT
02-26-06, 11:17 AM
Multiple compliments EVERYTIME I have it out. Tool booth workers, while pumping gas, cops, girls, Benz/Bimmer owners, sitting in traffic, thumbs-up from other drivers, etc, etc, etc, etc..............

And the V in person is 100x more beautiful than it is in pictures. Don't get me wrong, there are some great pictures of Vs out there, but something about the car in person that just oozes beauty.

kjr39
02-26-06, 11:25 AM
The Beemer is a the Toyota Camry of Charlotte.

The V rarely gets any looks while I'm out and I've had maybe two comments on it...

Most people don't seem to have any idea what it is...

trukk
02-26-06, 06:22 PM
The Beemer is a the Toyota Camry of Charlotte.

The V rarely gets any looks while I'm out and I've had maybe two comments on it...

Most people don't seem to have any idea what it is...

I'd have to agree. I seem to get little notice (and mine is LOUD). If I need an ego stroke, I roll throught the fast food drive through. The kids working the windows always seem to know. Other than that, everyone looks around at the stoplights for the 'muscle car', and looks right past me.

-Chris

GOTTSPD
02-26-06, 07:39 PM
Must be something about Maryland... I have gotten a couple of complements, but its relatively rare.... That being said, I saw two this weekend up in PA. Went up to Hershey, PA for the weekend and saw a black on tan '04 and a '05 or '06 Stealth Grey. Neat to see some other V's, as I have only seen a couple around here in DC.

BADAZGN
02-26-06, 07:53 PM
I have only had mine a week but I notice that I get all sorts of looks. People staring and pointing, this is in Northern Va also where ther are plenty of BMW's and Mercedes.
Probably because it is black with dark tinit, plus the pimpin CCW's help add to that!

Got5onit
02-27-06, 09:12 AM
Had mine for about 7 months and I've onle received one compliment. I figured most people don't know what a V is and think it's a regular CTS. :thepan::thepan:
I've seen many fixed up CTS's around here.

Mikes V
02-27-06, 10:14 AM
A few weeks ago I ran into some H.S. kids that wanted a show! They really dug the car.