: CTS arm rest - Anyone actually order this?

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-25-06, 08:25 PM
I read the FAQ info and previous threads about replacing the console storage with the one from the CTS...The part number given is 25771478. I've checekd this number with GMpartsdirect and they sent the attached figure. It appears to me that the part number is not all I need. I asked the help people twice now and they say there is no complete storage kit.

I know guys have replaced it - can anyone tell me what was purchased and was it the complete bin or what - Am I wrong thinking I need the whole thing?

Crap, can't get the pic to upload - but the point is they only show the bucket - don't I need a new cover, hinge section etc?
Thanks.

crowan
02-25-06, 09:23 PM
I had mine installed at Lindsay and my receipt lists a part number 25759213. That is the console for the black interior. $189.00

CR

JRoller
02-25-06, 11:08 PM
I had the same picture sent to me when I tried to use the old part number from the faq, and it only appeared to indicate a replacement part number for the bottom of the compartment. I ordered it anyway though (part #25771478), and it ended up being exactly everything you need (in black).

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-27-06, 03:46 PM
Thanks gents - I was hoping that'd be the case. I assume the stitching doesn't match but can live with that.

jlakowicz
02-27-06, 04:39 PM
I put one in, its much more comfortable. The color is a good match and the stitching difference is there but minor.

Parker
02-27-06, 04:58 PM
Does anyone have pics?

CIWS
02-27-06, 05:00 PM
and / or the part number for Lt. Gray :D

CRZY747
02-27-06, 05:54 PM
pics please

10secvette
02-27-06, 06:34 PM
pics please

I just walked out to the garage with my camera....... realized it's at the dealer.

rand49er
02-27-06, 06:47 PM
.... realized it's at the dealer.What's up ... why???

(Sorry, for the slight jack. :hide: )

10secvette
02-27-06, 07:14 PM
What's up ... why???

(Sorry, for the slight jack. :hide: )

Well. before I start the head and cam install, I figured I would bring it in for some TSB issues.

OldRoadDawg
02-27-06, 07:32 PM
An EXCELLENT "How To" on swapping out the armrest by AmesCTS-V at his website here:
http://www.blackcts-v.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10010

Even has pics for some of us that are a tad slow.

It may be referenced in the FAQ's but I didn't find it.

ctsvett
02-27-06, 08:04 PM
Of course its in the FAQ....

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/armrest/

Reed

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-27-06, 08:13 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.htmll
Here's the link to the FAQ that has the same install but I believe it has some updates....select interior and it's one of the questions near the bottom of the list.

The brief comments at the bottom pic reqarding price and part numbers only adds to the confusion....

GOTTSPD
02-27-06, 09:20 PM
I just ordered one from a guy from the CTS board. I'll post up on my installation experience once I get it.

Florian
02-27-06, 09:42 PM
just ordered mine...Ill post pix soon.

F

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-28-06, 09:45 PM
Excellent, looking forward to the pics...

GOTTSPD
02-28-06, 09:50 PM
Got my CTS armrest today. Super easy to install it. The instructions on the faq are dead-on correct. Its nice to have the storage. The height takes a little getting used to from a shifting perspective, but I like it and I find it to be a comfortable place for resting my arm.

crowan
02-28-06, 10:06 PM
Got my CTS armrest today. Super easy to install it. The instructions on the faq are dead-on correct. Its nice to have the storage. The height takes a little getting used to from a shifting perspective, but I like it and I find it to be a comfortable place for resting my arm.

Plus, you can now put a box of Tic Tacs on the armrest without hearing the sound of breaking plastic. :thumbsup: The stock armrest is unbelievably flimsy.

I actually like the small boost in height.

CR

GOTTSPD
02-28-06, 10:15 PM
I like the height, but someone who tracks the car may not like it... At this point, I don't have enough experience with it to know.

For those thinking about having it installed, this is definitely a DIY job. Took 20-30 minutes going very, very slowly and trying to be as quiet as possible as my beautiful 6 month old daughter was napping in her car seat in the back seat while I swapped the armrest....

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-28-06, 10:16 PM
I'm assuming the greater height will be welcome, especially if I want the slightest drink in the cup holder. What I really don't like about the CTSV version is that you can see stuff in the storage area - don't want to see junk.

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-12-06, 08:40 PM
just ordered mine...Ill post pix soon.
F

Florian - did you receive the armrest yet?

Florian
03-12-06, 10:32 PM
yup....will post pix tomorrow...

F

AmesCTS-V
03-13-06, 01:42 AM
It turned out to be too high for me. I've had it boxed up and ready for ebay since last fall. Anyone planning to do this mod that wants to buy mine?

Imperator
03-13-06, 09:22 AM
Ames,

I'll bite... let me know what you want for it; send me an E-mail or PM with your personal address.

ctsvett
03-13-06, 11:20 AM
ames, what color? How much?

Reed

AmesCTS-V
03-13-06, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah. It's black, ebony, whatever:) It's the one used in the how to write up. Part number 25759213. It was only in the car for a few days and was too tall for me. How about $100 and I pay for the UPS shipping?

Florian
03-13-06, 08:46 PM
anyone want to host the photos....?

F

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-13-06, 08:57 PM
What does "host the photos" mean? So was the part number correct for black and was it the whole console storage unit? How much was it?

Thanks

AmesCTS-V
03-13-06, 09:28 PM
What does "host the photos" mean? So was the part number correct for black and was it the whole console storage unit? How much was it?

Thanks
25759213 is all you need for a black one. It's in my how to.

ctsvett
03-13-06, 09:49 PM
Install instructions and photos are on the FAQ: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/armrest/

If you feel I am missing some photos, e-mail 'em to me and I will add them.

As for hosting photos, I have a upload location for ANY cts/ CTS-V owner to host any pictures http://www.clubcts.com/upload/ This is outlined in another thread (few days ago)...

Reed

Florian
03-13-06, 10:37 PM
heres the pix (thanks Reed for hosting!) :worship:
http://www.clubcts.com/upload/deposit/florian-Vlogo_012.jpg
http://www.clubcts.com/upload/deposit/florian-Vlogo_014.jpg
http://www.clubcts.com/upload/deposit/florian-Vlogo_016.jpg
http://www.clubcts.com/upload/deposit/florian-Vlogo_015.jpg

enjoy :thumbsup:

F

rgd
03-14-06, 12:50 AM
It turned out to be too high for me. I've had it boxed up and ready for ebay since last fall. Anyone planning to do this mod that wants to buy mine?

I'm curious how was it too tall; does it interfere with shifting?
That is what I was/am concerned about.

Thanks
rgd

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-14-06, 10:15 AM
25759213 is all you need for a black one. It's in my how to.

Ames CTS-V: The part number is what's worrying me - the GM parts direct site says 25759213 has been changed to 25771478 but their diagram shows that number as only the storage bin bottom section. Did the entire storage unit come as one assembly?

Florian - what part number did you order and how much was it? The parts direct price was under $100 which can't be right (hence the concern for the part number). I assume you're is a different number since it's not black.

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-14-06, 10:18 AM
Ames,

I'll bite... let me know what you want for it; send me an E-mail or PM with your personal address.

Ames - did Imperator strike a deal with you? I'll take it otherwise.

Z

AmesCTS-V
03-14-06, 11:08 AM
I'm curious how was it too tall; does it interfere with shifting?
That is what I was/am concerned about.

Thanks
rgd
Yeah I didn't like the shifting. I am 6' 2" so I don't know if it was too high up for me because my arms are longer; shorter people with shorter arms might like the taller arm rest.

AmesCTS-V
03-14-06, 11:09 AM
Ames - did Imperator strike a deal with you? I'll take it otherwise.

Z
Yeah I sold it to the first guy that PM'd me sorry.

AmesCTS-V
03-14-06, 11:11 AM
Ames CTS-V: The part number is what's worrying me - the GM parts direct site says 25759213 has been changed to 25771478 but their diagram shows that number as only the storage bin bottom section. Did the entire storage unit come as one assembly?
The whole thing was one part number so if they changed the part number I'm sure it's still 1 piece?

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-16-06, 07:31 PM
Well I ordered one and hope it's right. I appreciate all of the info from everyone. BTW - it's "discounted" from $189 or so to $104, then they get you with another $25 for S&H. I'm 6'-2" too and am hoping it's not too high.

Sure will be thankful we have the FAQ instructions.....

Florian
03-16-06, 07:45 PM
Zip,

Dont need instructions...heres the lowdown. Pop off the 2 covers on the back of the armrest where it pivots. You will see 2 bolts with Torx head on either side of armrest. Remove those, saving the little black spacers. The armrest just lifts out. Install new armrest w/saved spacers, tighten bolts back up and covers on. Done. 15 minutes or less.

F

lars464
03-16-06, 09:44 PM
I just got mine.Will put it in this weekend.

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-16-06, 10:38 PM
Zip,

Dont need instructions...heres the lowdown. Pop off the 2 covers on the back of the armrest where it pivots. You will see 2 bolts with Torx head on either side of armrest. Remove those, saving the little black spacers. The armrest just lifts out. Install new armrest w/saved spacers, tighten bolts back up and covers on. Done. 15 minutes or less.

F

Thanks for that insight Florian - I'll give it a try your way. Sounds great.

Zip

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-30-06, 06:37 PM
Zip,

F

Florian - Just installed my new console and your instructions worked great - 15 mins and done. Thanks for the heads up.

ctsvett
03-30-06, 08:01 PM
I installed mine the other day and I love this mod... It feels a bit better (but I am a bit shorter than some here). I did notice that the bolts I pulled out were stripped...

James, do you have the PN for these bolts? Can I even order just the bolts?

Reed

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-31-06, 10:32 AM
I'm 6'-2" and find the position fine - seems more normal to me. I wouldn't have even thought of it nor would I have done it without all the great pics on the FAQ that let me see what I was getting into. Turns out to be an easy mod but previously the thought of doing anything to a brand new car just wouldn't have happened - a little up front info goes a long way.

Florian
03-31-06, 10:33 AM
Florian - Just installed my new console and your instructions worked great - 15 mins and done. Thanks for the heads up.

Attaboy Zippy! Glad it worked out for ya!

F

rand49er
03-31-06, 10:57 AM
I haven't been following this thread (too much focus on the headers and other issues), but I've got to tell you, this looks like a fantastic mod!

Ques: When sitting in the seat with right elbow hanging down at the side and right forearm horizontal and parallel with the console, does your elbow/forearm hit/touch the now higher console and interfere with shifting?

Florian
03-31-06, 02:19 PM
does your elbow/forearm hit/touch the now higher console and interfere with shifting?

Yes to touch, no to interfere.

F

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-31-06, 03:20 PM
I'm with Florian on that - it's just about horizontal and is in fact more comfortable. Even getting in the vehicle is better. Sveral times I have inadvertantly noticed driving is more comfortable.

The only thing I don't like (well two things actuallY) is/are that the storage is really small and the stiching doesn't match - but with that having been noted, I'm really happy with the mod. Plus you don't see my sh*T in the bin anymore ...that REALLY bothered me....on another thread they were discussing OCD, sh*T man, I'm a freak.