: Tell us about your STS-V!

Pages : [1] 2

Jesda
02-25-06, 12:19 PM
What options? How was the dealer experience?

Post pics too.

Bartlett_2
02-26-06, 12:38 AM
I bought mine on tuesday. BlackRaven/Ebony. I thought they came fully loaded, and there is not options?!?!?! I only got the gas guzzler removed
($2100USD) which I though was good considering they just came out.

ewill3rd
03-04-06, 12:23 PM
We have one on the showroom floor if anybody is shopping in the DC area.
It's light platinum, not sure about the interior color.
They stuck it in there before I got a chance to road test it.

hmorse
03-04-06, 05:05 PM
Hi group: I have a fully loaded 2006 STS V8 4 wheel drive and have had some issues with only 4,000 miles on it.

1. The navi system barely recognizes my words
2. I have had 3 of the 4 wheel bearings replaced.

I assume that the car may be fine mechanically, but does anyone have any ideas on how to get that voice recognition to work better?? :rant2: Does anyone know when the new disc will be out as it has the VR software on it?:worship:

Harvey

Clintonwmills
03-09-06, 01:36 PM
i got one silver with black inside! Awesome car!

Green STS-V
03-19-06, 11:16 AM
I bought mine on tuesday. BlackRaven/Ebony. I thought they came fully loaded, and there is not options?!?!?!
I only got the gas guzzler removed ($2100USD) which I though was good considering they just came out.

That's the best price I've seen so far.:thumbsup: Where did you find it? :confused:

There's only one option, that being the $100 engine block heater. Found one listed at a dealer in San Francisco.

Of course, one could order the car with no sunroof. Heaven help that person when they try to sell it!:eek:

Clintonwmills
03-19-06, 10:04 PM
That's the best price I've seen so far.:thumbsup: Where did you find it? :confused:

There's only one option, that being the $100 engine block heater. Found one listed at a dealer in San Francisco.

Of course, one could order the car with no sunroof. Heaven help that person when they try to sell it!:eek:

No i think you have to have sunroof now.

SRT8/BMW
03-20-06, 09:57 PM
Picked up my Platinum STS-V this evening. Now parked in the garage next to the SRT8. What to do...over 900 HP in the garage.

Early impressions: GREAT acceleration from stop or roll, very good handling. Lots of luxury amenities. Seems to be a softer ride than srt8, but not quite as good handling. Good brakes (srt8 are best in class). overall, great car to drive...tons of fun and luxury, speed to spare. More to come soon, with Pics!

Dooman
03-21-06, 08:13 AM
Picked up my Platinum STS-V this evening. Now parked in the garage next to the SRT8. What to do...over 900 HP in the garage.

Early impressions: GREAT acceleration from stop or roll, very good handling. Lots of luxury amenities. Seems to be a softer ride than srt8, but not quite as good handling. Good brakes (srt8 are best in class). overall, great car to drive...tons of fun and luxury, speed to spare. More to come soon, with Pics!

Nice! I knew you were back and forth on this one for a long time, enjoy the ride! I was looking at a silver SRT8 yesterday!

ewill3rd
03-22-06, 06:25 AM
We sold one, but we now have 2 more in stock.
Come on over and check them out.
I know one is Platinum, not sure about the other one.

Lindsay Cadillac
Alexandria VA

dslivingston
03-24-06, 08:06 PM
I order an STS-V in late October from King Cadillac in Florence, SC. The car finally arrived on Tuesday March 21 2006 and I just love it. The colors are Platinum with grey interior. Yes the car is very fast and a lot of fun to drive.

David S. Livingston
Columbia, SC

soupero
03-31-06, 01:14 PM
Where are the pictures, I love this car so I need pics!!!

ssstealth
06-01-06, 09:11 PM
I picked mine up a few weeks ago... Black on Black on Black. Lovin' it so far, it is stupid fast when you push it, but can be civilized when you are. I had to make a high speed maneuver the other day to avoid a road hazard and it was amazing. My 300 (not a C) would have flipped over on the same move.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/155/155589/pages/836152/P1010010a.jpg

Rachane
06-25-06, 06:06 PM
Got one yesterday: platinum/grey. Drove to the dealership in my 400hp '06 Pontiac GTO (same LS2 V8 as in the current CTS-V). A test drive in the STS-V convinced me. I was particularly impressed at how instantly the car reacts to the accelerator; I would have expected more "lag". The engine just picks the car up and throws it forward. And the car is tight; it feels like you're driving a much smaller, more compact automobile.

On the freeway on the way home, however, I noticed that there is still no such thing as a free lunch: that monster engine is a gas hog [and wants premium fuel]. Reviewed the window sticker: 14 city, 20 highway. The LS2 is 17/25, so for long-distance V-driving, the CTS-V may be an option.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the mpg once the engine gets broken in a bit. Disengaging the DLF (driver lead foot) may also mean for a less thirsty supercharger. But what else is there to do when a Shelby GT500 comes up next to you?

ssstealth
06-25-06, 09:56 PM
Never fear... I have found cruise set at 75-80 can yeild 22-24 mpg depending on terrain.

Without cruise, you have to learn to lean on the pedal without moving it. Any "movement" of the pedal and you're GONE!

03aleroj
07-16-06, 12:23 AM
Im a new caddy owner, so hello all! Its a 2006 STS-V I belive it to be fully loaded. It has more things then I could ever want in a car. Think it has me spoiled for life(as well as in debt :o) Cant say much about the dealer experience as it was a friend.

V-Beach
07-25-06, 01:06 PM
Just traded in my black CTS-V for a Black STS-V with the black and red interior. The interior is funky but I said what the hell. They sent the car out to get the windows tinted and I'll get her tomorrow. I am sad not to have a stick anymore but with my 2 year lease I hope to see a LS7 CTS-V when I'm up.

jmaxwell3
07-28-06, 10:56 PM
Hello… Picked up a Titanium and Black STSV three months ago. Very cool ride! Think I have all the options, not sure I really had a choice. Nice to see a forum to answer questions and get some good G2 on how to mod this bad boy up....

ssstealth
07-30-06, 07:05 AM
More Pictures:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P6030071.jpg
The mesh grille is like those used on the V-16 Caddy's back in the late 30's. The brake ducts are real too.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010108.jpg
Spoiler, LED tail lights, rear parking sensors

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010109.jpg
14.3" Brembo brakes, 19" wheels, 275-40 run flats

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010110.jpg
2-1/2" stainless dual exhaust, independant rear suspension, 3.23 gears

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010120.jpg
Real brake ducts

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010116.jpg
Built in Michigan by Michiginonions?

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010121.jpg
The air intake and throttle body are actually on the BACK of the engine. An oil change takes 9 quarts of Mobil1.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010112.jpg
4 different traction/stability modes, launch control, and manu-matic shifting on the 6 speed.

ssstealth
07-30-06, 07:06 AM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010122.jpg
14" Brembos in the front with 255-45-18 run flats

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010119.jpg
Fiberglass Hood and killer radiator

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010117.jpg
Real wood, ALL of the doors, dash, console, are leather covered by same crew that does Maybach interiors.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010115.jpg
Navigation, 6-speed, memory stuff, and NO KEYS!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010114.jpg
MP3 player has turned out to be pretty cool, XM also. 15 speaker Bose system.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010113.jpg
Boost set at 12lbs. Dsiplay switches to show tire pressures, oil pressure and temp, trans temp, mileage and trip info.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/ssstealth/P1010111.jpg

urbanski
07-30-06, 07:16 AM
damn dude :drool:

trukk
07-31-06, 01:17 PM
Looks great.

I'd get out my wrench, ASAP, and take all that plastic covering crap off the engine bay though. That's got to hold a LOT of heat.

-Chris

Slade1
08-12-06, 07:58 PM
I bought my platinum STS-V on Tuesday. Went to get my oil changed in my Escalade ESV on Friday, test drove a black STS-V. Took it up to 115mph quickly on the test drive racing a new Jaguar convertible and it was all over after that. Great handling and acceleration for an American sedan.

Peter Gregg
08-26-06, 02:07 AM
Boy the black ones look mighty pretty!!!

Looks like you washed it with Dawn dishwashing soap. Then claybar'd the car with a fresh mixture of water and Dawn. Rinsed & dried using a clean new yard blower, and then put a layer of Zaino Z1, let it dry for half an hour and then put a few final coats of Zaino Z2 on it, allowing 12 hours between coats. You then probably bought a California duster and dust it off every morning ;)

I've done that, no better shine on the planet. The STS-V is looking good :)

Peter

ssstealth
08-26-06, 06:37 AM
Peter,

For a second I thought you may have been watching me from across the street or something.

You were spot on up to the clay bar phase. I was amazed how much trash there was on a new car.

I actually went straight to the Zaino Z-2 with the ZFX activator mixed in. 2 coats of that and finished off with the Z-8 spray.

hawkpc
11-18-06, 06:13 PM
Just bought an STS-V. Does anyone know if you can put larger aftermarket wheels on it without any problems? Didn't know if the diff size wheels would preclude you from doing so and the salesman didn't know......Thanks

ssstealth
11-19-06, 06:33 AM
There is actually a function in the navigation system that will recalibrate the car to your new wheels/tires. Be sure that you have about 10 miles of mostly straight road when you perform this calibration.

Start by pressing the "config" button on the dash, then select the navigation button on the screen, then select the "distance" button on the screen.

Jesda
11-19-06, 09:59 PM
SStealth: I am in complete awe!

WillySTS
11-29-06, 08:52 PM
We got our Thunder Gray V last Wednesday on November 22. Still beaking it in with only 300 miles on it. I work at the dealer where I purchased it and went on the dealer trade to pick it up. Drove it back to L.A. from San Diego... a nice civilized Hot Rod.

Kadonny
12-18-06, 07:39 AM
Have my Black on Black waiting for me to pick up. Hopefully tomorrow and I'll get some pics up too.

Kadonny
12-20-06, 09:25 AM
Picked it up yesterday. Black Raven with Ebony interior. Bone stock. First mod, Car Motorsports V mats :thumbsup:

ssstealth
12-21-06, 08:48 PM
Congrats! and welcome to the dark side!

Davidstan
01-20-07, 03:29 PM
Picked it up 3 days ago. New 06 Platinum and gray. Lovin it.
Traded my 06 cts v.

CadV
01-20-07, 05:21 PM
Picked up my 2007 Silver/Black STS-V this morning.

Kadonny
01-22-07, 07:26 AM
Congrats guys. Welcome to the club!

LUVMY04V
01-22-07, 08:14 AM
Hi I am A giant loser and I could never even hope to be as good as the Bears but I do have an sts-v so life is good
My name is drew brees http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070122/capt.lask10901221122.nfc_championship_saints_footb all_lask109.jpg

Davidstan
01-22-07, 10:37 AM
Hi I am A giant loser and I could never even hope to be as good as the Bears but I do have an sts-v so life is good
My name is drew brees http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070122/capt.lask10901221122.nfc_championship_saints_footb all_lask109.jpg

Neat....i always liked Brees.

LUVMY04V
01-22-07, 12:18 PM
Neat....i always liked Brees.haha me too and i am jealous of both u 2 and your 400 hp northstars

Davidstan
01-23-07, 07:23 PM
We had a chance to draft Brees and chose Michael Vick instead. We are not happy here in ATL.

NC STS-V
01-24-07, 10:12 AM
We had a chance to draft Brees and chose Michael Vick instead. We are not happy here in ATL.

Could be worse, you could be a Dolphins fan who signed Dante "I tore every ligament in my leg" Culpepper instead of Brees :banghead:

Since I won't be spending any money traveling to see the Dolphins in the Super Bowl anytime soon, I treated myself to an 07 STS-V! Here are some lame pics I took last night. I'll put some better ones up later this week:

STS-V Pics (http://new.photos.yahoo.com/album?c=rbrinton01&aid=576460762386677920&pid=&wtok=B8tpessIFtDRhzOgtvxjOg--&ts=1169650507&.src=ph)

Ron

Davidstan
01-24-07, 11:21 AM
Excellent...welcome to the small but growing club. I like this car in black...classy!

bobs-sts-v
02-14-07, 05:53 PM
New member! Had my V for over a year (12-23-2005) but just found this site. Great source of info. I would submit some pics of my ride, but the poor thing is covered in snow (happens here in Chicago). Speaking of snow, I desperately need some new rims so I can mount a set of ADVAN S.4 winter tires. Anything would be better than the set of Euphorias on it now. Great in the summer, but almost worthless in the white stuff! Any links, sources or spots here in Chicago to pick them up would be much appreciated. Also posted my obligatory hello on the new member's lounge.

Bob

JDG
02-25-07, 01:10 AM
Got my ADVN S.4's at Duxler's tire in Evanston. They've been doing work on my cars for years. Very reputable. http://www.duxlertire.com/

Great tires btw.

dtalley
02-26-07, 01:49 PM
Hi gang, I'm a 45 year old STS-V owner in Maryland. I've had the car since last May and it rocks! I have approximately 11K miles on it and love driving it every time I get behind the wheel.

Kadonny
02-26-07, 04:30 PM
Hi gang, I'm a 45 year old STS-V owner in Maryland. I've had the car since last May and it rocks! I have approximately 11K miles on it and love driving it every time I get behind the wheel.

Welcome! Hope to see you around here a bit.

Where in MD? My sister lives near Annapolis.

thefred
02-26-07, 06:09 PM
Oops, almost forgot to post here. Picked up my 2006 Light Platinum/Ebony last week. Been through two tanks of gas in 7 days.....and only about 350 miles......hmmmm, I better lay off the gas pedal, huh?

03-09-07, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone...I just bought a black on black '06 STS-V here in Portland, OR. My wife had a fender bender with my 2000 GS400...which turned out to be $20k damage...so the car was totalled. lucky me. Local Cadi dealer was selling their '06's pretty cheap and i've wanted one for a while.

I drove it for 3 days and love it. feels considerably quicker than my GS and has way more cool gadgets. The bluetooth works great with my BB pearl.

Unfortunately i had to take it in for a "tire pressure sensor monitor service" ...which won't be fixed until monday, which means 7 days in the shop for what seemed like a simple repair. My GS was never in the shop over night for the 7 years i owned it. Hopefully this is a fluke...and the car is as trouble free as many of the posts indicate. until i get it back, i can barely stand having to use the KEY on my CTS loaner...how quickly we get spoiled.

Couple questions people may be able to help me with:

1) is there a way to set the steering wheel control to scan my presets instead of scanning all stations? scanning all stations is not very useful...

2) anyone know of a "lockpick" or like device to bypass the nav lockdown while moving?

3) anyone notice the driver seat feeling slightly "loose"? like it moves slightly side to side on hard cornering? little clicking sound...

4) does anyone know if the gain on the amp(s) can be turned up a tad. don't need much more, but some of my CD's don't have quite the volume i like.

Good Forum...seems very friendly and helpful.

dhemrick
03-11-07, 11:30 PM
OK... so I bit the bullet (or bought the bullet so to speak). I put a deposit on my dream STS-V last Friday. I will be picking it up in Dallas when I am there for vacation on March 22nd. I can hardly wait! I'll be driving it back to North Carolina with a few stops along the way to visit some friends and relatives along the way. I think the return trip will be half the fun of the vacation!

She's ebony black with added factory chrome wheels and sports the black and red interior (gotta have the red for an NC State alum).

All the talk from you guys in the forum has gotten me excited to finally get my own STS-V. I've been waiting for this car for a LONG time!

I just wanted to pop in with my first post and say hi to all of the fellow STS-V owners.

Dale Hemrick
Cary, NC

Davidstan
03-12-07, 10:54 AM
Dale, :welcome: You will enjoy!

NC STS-V
03-18-07, 10:16 AM
She's ebony black with added factory chrome wheels and sports the black and red interior (gotta have the red for an NC State alum).

Welcome to the club! You are going to love the car!

I am also in Cary and would love to see your chrome wheels in person. I've been seriously considering this option but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Enjoy your vacation!

Ron

dhemrick
03-18-07, 03:07 PM
Hi, Ron! I think I've seen your car on the road once not too long ago, but it was just a fleeting glimpse but enough for me to identify it as a V and not a regular STS. It's the only STS-V I have ever seen on the road, and it was in Cary and it was black. HAD to have been you! :)

I'll drop you a line when I get back home with the car next week and let you look at the wheels. The chrome wheels are the ones stocked by Sewell Cadillac in Dallas (original dealer for this car) which have been mentioned in previous posts.

Dale

Karlis
03-18-07, 11:03 PM
Hello y'all

Bought my black sts-v red and black int. from Ron Carter Cadillac in Houston, Texas in Nov. 06. Drove it until the end of Febuary. After reading an article in Luxery Performance mag. about D3 research and design in Calf., I contacted James Gill at D3. Had some discussion on modifications and performance, loaded her (the sts-v not my wife:tisk: ) on a transport and shipped to L.A. The caddy is to undergo extensive performance enhancements. Cooling, heads, pully on SC, ECU, exhaust, intake, injectors,rotors, pads, wheels, tires, lights, and body. D3 works closely with GM so that the mods will not affect my warrenty.:) James believes this will be one of the top mods that D3 has performed 620 Hp+. I hope to get the cad back by the end of April. Any way I thought that you all might find my adventure entertaining. I will post updates and pics as they are available.

Karlis

Kadonny
03-19-07, 09:54 AM
Hello y'all

Bought my black sts-v red and black int. from Ron Carter Cadillac in Houston, Texas in Nov. 06. Drove it until the end of Febuary. After reading an article in Luxery Performance mag. about D3 research and design in Calf., I contacted James Gill at D3. Had some discussion on modifications and performance, loaded her (the sts-v not my wife:tisk: ) on a transport and shipped to L.A. The caddy is to undergo extensive performance enhancements. Cooling, heads, pully on SC, ECU, exhaust, intake, injectors,rotors, pads, wheels, tires, lights, and body. D3 works closely with GM so that the mods will not affect my warrenty.:) James believes this will be one of the top mods that D3 has performed 620 Hp+. I hope to get the cad back by the end of April. Any way I thought that you all might find my adventure entertaining. I will post updates and pics as they are available.

Karlis

Karlis, very cool. Of course we are interested, we will all be living vicariously through you. 620hp on this car will be insane. Keep us posted.

txcadvette
03-25-07, 03:56 PM
Well, I joined the CTS-V upgrade club yesterday when I finished a deal with Sewell Cadillac in Dallas! I am now the proud owner of a 2006 Black Raven STS-V with Light Gray interior. This was a program/demo car driven by a GM exec and has 7800 miles on it. Man, what a great car! We were very sad to see the CTS-V go (espcecially my son), but I had to make a change. Seems I tore my left Achilles Tendon real bad - with physical therapy and recuperation it is supposed to heal within 1 1/2 years. Uh, recuperation means no "clutching" or straining my ankle. At first I was really depressed. But then what a great reason for an upgrade!

Davidstan
03-25-07, 04:50 PM
Well, I joined the CTS-V upgrade club yesterday when I finished a deal with Sewell Cadillac in Dallas! I am now the proud owner of a 2006 Black Raven STS-V with Light Gray interior. This was a program/demo car driven by a GM exec and has 7800 miles on it. Man, what a great car! We were very sad to see the CTS-V go (espcecially my son), but I had to make a change. Seems I tore my left Achilles Tendon real bad - with physical therapy and recuperation it is supposed to heal within 1 1/2 years. Uh, recuperation means no "clutching" or straining my ankle. At first I was really depressed. But then what a great reason for an upgrade!

:welcome: You will like.

dhemrick
03-29-07, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the club! You are going to love the car!

I am also in Cary and would love to see your chrome wheels in person. I've been seriously considering this option but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Enjoy your vacation!

Ron

Ron,

I'm back in Cary with my STS-V. I arrived Wednesday night and I drove it to work for the first time today (in the dirty rain unfortunately). I got her cleaned up this evening and the wheels really shine.

I have not posted enough (yet) to be able to send you a private message, but if you could send one to me I'll be happy to show you the wheels in person.

MAN!!!! I LOVE THIS CAR!

Dale

WillySTS
03-29-07, 10:57 PM
We got our Thunder Gray V last Wednesday on November 22. Still beaking it in with only 300 miles on it. I work at the dealer where I purchased it and went on the dealer trade to pick it up. Drove it back to L.A. from San Diego... a nice civilized Hot Rod.

It's been 4 months now...with 5,000 miles...I have since moved to another Cadillac dealeship as my employment(I'm a Service Advisor), I have added D3's Stage 1 air intake and computer upgrade, with excellent results, I have changed all my fluids over to Amsoil, except the power steering, which I changed to Redline P/S fluid, since Amsoil does not make a specific P/S fluid as GM cars require, and I had a case left over from my Redline Oil days.

My wife won't let me get the exhaust(Corsa), even though we had one on our previous car, our '99 Seville STS...go figure(it IS primarily her car, though).

mocts
03-29-07, 11:42 PM
Hello y'all

Karlis

do you live in bay oaks? cause whenever i exit bay oaks in the morning i see a black stsv but havent seen it for a long time. if so i used to see you dropping off your kid at clhs in the morning. whenever im in line to go to the parking lot i always drool at your car. god i love the stsv

dhemrick
05-01-07, 02:33 PM
Since we work rather close to each other, I met up with fellow STS-V owner Ron for lunch today. On the way out, I snapped a picture of the first official meeting of the Cary STS-V Contingent. :cloud9:

Great looking pair, huh? Mine is on the left and Ron's is on the right.

1fstkde
05-01-07, 07:26 PM
Hello y'all

Karlis
karlis i just took my new stsv off the lot and drove it straigh to d3, and saw your car there!! very nice! he intstalled the air intake and compuer upgrade in mine in a hour. in and out!! anyways just wanted t give yu a heads up!!

Staci24
06-20-07, 07:54 AM
We were actually looking to order a 2008 CTS when we saw a STS-V with 3,300 miles on the lot. It was a corporate fleet car. We picked it up this past Sunday. It's stealth gray and does not have a sunroof. I know people don't understand, but I'm not much of a fan of a sunroof. The Denali I traded on the STS-V had one and I hated it. I never used it...noisy, hot. It's all personal preference I guess!

Anyway, so far I love my STS-V! So glad we got it! :thumbsup:

Dr. Design
07-03-07, 11:11 AM
Congrats and welcome!!! What color did you get?

We were actually looking to order a 2008 CTS when we saw a STS-V with 3,300 miles on the lot. It was a corporate fleet car. We picked it up this past Sunday. It's stealth gray and does not have a sunroof. I know people don't understand, but I'm not much of a fan of a sunroof. The Denali I traded on the STS-V had one and I hated it. I never used it...noisy, hot. It's all personal preference I guess!

Anyway, so far I love my STS-V! So glad we got it! :thumbsup:

Davidstan
07-04-07, 02:59 PM
Congrats and welcome!!! What color did you get?

Stealth Gray she says. Have not seen one that color around here.

Bee iLL
07-04-07, 03:11 PM
I thought it was thunder gray... I've only seen it on a regular STS my neighbor had. Pretty nice color. Enjoy, I do.

Staci24
07-10-07, 04:15 PM
It's a 2006 color....stealth gray. I will post some pics a little later! :thumbsup:

urbanski
07-10-07, 05:19 PM
howdy and welcome staci :)

jhelms
07-28-07, 03:33 AM

To say the least! :)

WillySTS
08-13-07, 08:42 PM
Re-checking in, up to 10,800 miles now. The car is starting to get beat up a little with the wife driving it nearly everyday, the front spoiler/spliter on both sides,left side ground effects...she ran over something in the fast lane which damaged that and the drivers door...I touched it up, the rear bumper...someone backed into the car while she was sitting in it and the right rear fender above the wheel well...someone elses door ding.

Other than that, it still runs good, feels good. I have installed Redline water wetter in the engine cooling system and charge cooler while also reducing the antifreeze content to less that 30%. Seems to make it run hard more consistently.

crazytk
08-23-07, 11:45 AM
I have a 2006 with all options. I just this week replaced the exhaust system with GM part #19157659 which is a Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System upgrade for the V. The sound is awsome, an agressive growl. The pipes are larger than stock & look impressive. I highly reccomend the upgrade if you want to attract attention. You can hear the power just in the idle.

crazytk

mhardy001
09-02-07, 04:03 PM
2007 STS-V Black on Black

Bought it at Martin Cadillac in So. Cal.

Much nicer than my C-6 Corvette

jtcarlson
12-14-07, 08:14 AM
Hello All,

I found these boards and wanted to say hello. I just bought my 2008 STS-V on monday, silver with the black/black interior. I just have to say I love this car and am very happy about the decision to get it. I spent 2 weeks looking at all kinds of cars and playing the dealership game. I think this is the first car I got that I didnt have any remorse after. Anyways, Hello again, and looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Joe C.

dhemrick
12-17-07, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the club, Joe!

hardley-etc
12-17-07, 02:16 PM
how many miles can you expect with a supercharged engine

over 100,000?

does anything wear out faster?

thefred
12-21-07, 09:04 PM
how many miles can you expect with a supercharged engine

over 100,000?

does anything wear out faster?
:burn:TIRES!

stephenstay
12-28-07, 11:19 PM
Good day,
I purchased a 2007 STS-V online from Chesrown Cadillac who advertised it on this site approximately a month ago. Took awhile to get up here with all the paperwork, shipping and such but it now has a new home in my garage :) Great car and looking forward for the rain to stop so I can put it through it paces.
Cheers,
SS

CIWS
12-29-07, 08:11 AM
:burn:TIRES!

HAHA

:welcome: all new STS-V owners to the car and the Cadi Forum.

HiTechRV
02-05-08, 09:54 PM
Just ordered mine. Black/Black w/ red inserts.

dhemrick
02-06-08, 09:42 AM
Awesome color combination, HiTechRV! I have that same color combo in my 06 and love it! I haven't seen an 08 yet with that, so I for one will be looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get it.

Congrats on the new purchase!

HiTechRV
02-06-08, 11:56 AM
I wish it were a purchase but even as I car I will have to turn it I am excited. I sat in one in a lobby in the GM Tech Center when the STS-V first came out and was hooked. I just wish the supercharger pulley came off LOL.

Even so I bet it will be a lot easier to get <5s 0-60's out of than the CTS-V was. I loved that car but I was never willing to do the high RPM clutch sidesteps needed to get best acceleration out of it. Watching the traction control kick in on a shift at 90 MPH was entertaining though. We'll see if I end up missing having a stick or not.

leija_01
06-11-08, 03:19 AM
Well, I've been roaming around for a couple days.... I just purchased a 06 STSV from ohio but have to wait a couple days before I even get to sit in it! I am from the houston tx area. I previously had a Trailblazer SS that I sold to get this hot mama of a car.(can i say that here, haha...) its a black on black STSV. LEt me just say I am getting very anxious to see this car!!

CIWS
06-11-08, 07:59 AM
Congrats on your purchase. It's going to be a much nicer ride than that SUV. :)

leija_01
06-11-08, 01:40 PM
Thanks! Looking forward to contributing as much as i can to this site!

silverws6ta
07-01-08, 08:43 PM
Hello Everyone!

I have been in the market for sometime looking for the 'perfect' STS-V -- My luck came last week when I located on in Columbia, SC. Manufactured in 04/06 , Stealth Gray, Beige Seats/Gray Trim (Rare I take it), 12k miles on it! MINT MINT MINT! I came home from San Francisco late Friday night and they had it in Greenville SC -- Paid 40k for it.

Questions -- How many Grey were produced? Caddillac can't seem to give me an answer - and how can I allow my passengers to watch DVD's while driving!

Mom has a 2005 1SG STS with 35k (bought new) 2007 Kia Sorento (gas mileage mobile), I have an 00 SSEi - Daily Driver (bought new), 00 WS6 (bought new), everyonce in a while driver, 88 Chevy K1500 was my dads (YEP bought new!)

I'm going to be ready forever I'm sure.. thanks in advance for your help!

Cliff8928
07-15-08, 01:08 PM
I figured I'd start my first post here...

I just picked up a '06 STS-V last monday! Light Platinum with the grey interior, has a set of 20" Vogue (CV7?) wheels on it. I have the originals too, but they're absolutely trashed after 18,000 miles.

Dr. Design
07-15-08, 01:49 PM
Hello,
Congrats on your new vehicle. I am sure you are going to love it! You are the second person that I know of that has those Vogue wheels on their STS-V. Drop us a line if you want some go fast parts for your V.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I figured I'd start my first post here...

I just picked up a '06 STS-V last monday! Light Platinum with the grey interior, has a set of 20" Vogue (CV7?) wheels on it. I have the originals too, but they're absolutely trashed after 18,000 miles.

ottawabroker
08-17-08, 08:14 AM
Hi people! Bob from Canada Just bought my caddy 2 days ago I am looking for a spoiler can you help? will post pictures later of my new ride Thanks

ottawabroker
08-17-08, 08:15 AM
thanks

55cadillacking
09-30-08, 11:18 AM
Rick from Calgary, CAN. I imported my 2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango Interior) from a dealer in Cleveland this past July. Friend and I drove it over 2000 miles back to Calgary through Chicago, Minneapolis, and a few small towns in North Dakota and Montana. It has just over 24k miles on it and couldn't have been happier with the whole adventure. I have a new set of chrome stock rims and new rubber on the way. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

Dr. Design
09-30-08, 12:38 PM
Congrats on that STSV!! You have a pretty rare combo there. You dont hear of too many V's with that optional interior combination. See you around.

Thanks,

Dr. Design

Rick from Calgary, CAN. I imported my 2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango Interior) from a dealer in Cleveland this past July. Friend and I drove it over 2000 miles back to Calgary through Chicago, Minneapolis, and a few small towns in North Dakota and Montana. It has just over 24k miles on it and couldn't have been happier with the whole adventure. I have a new set of chrome stock rims and new rubber on the way. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

55cadillacking
09-30-08, 01:47 PM
Thanks Doc. I think my next step will be speaking with you about upgrading the brakes.

Dr. Design
09-30-08, 01:55 PM
Sounds good! Give us a call and we can get you set up!

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Thanks Doc. I think my next step will be speaking with you about upgrading the brakes.

04CaddyOwner
10-30-08, 09:44 PM
I just got my 2006 STS-V today. It is Stealth Grey with the black interior and it has 21,600 miles on it (not for long though:stirpot:). I watched it on Auto Trader for like 5-6 months while I was in Iraq and ended up buying it for $32,000:highfive:. Bought it without seeing it in person and so far everything is going pretty well.

Also would like to thank you guys for posting all the info. I checked the forum almost daily while I was deployed and it was very helpful when trying to decide which V i wanted. Pretty entertaining as well.

Micah

CIWS
10-31-08, 08:45 AM
Also would like to thank you guys for posting all the info. I checked the forum almost daily while I was deployed and it was very helpful when trying to decide which V i wanted. Pretty entertaining as well.

Micah

Congrats on your purchase of the STS-V :thumbsup:

Thank you for taking the time out of your life to serve our country. :salute:

Jpjr
11-02-08, 10:29 AM
I just got my 2006 STS-V today. It is Stealth Grey with the black interior and it has 21,600 miles on it (not for long though:stirpot:). I watched it on Auto Trader for like 5-6 months while I was in Iraq and ended up buying it for $32,000:highfive:. Bought it without seeing it in person and so far everything is going pretty well.

Micah

You got a great deal. I just bought one with 22k for $35k, but that included all new brakes and tires, and was local in CA where I live so I could inspect/drive and did not have to pay for shipping. I did see a few cheaper on ebay, amazing the hit the first owner took lol. But of course, the reason they took the hit is because they sold! This is a great car, drives much better than my V1, which sits right next to it and has become my rainy day car lol..

Thank you for your service.

silverws6ta
11-03-08, 01:25 PM
Agreed with the other gentleman -- I picked mine up back in June with 12k miles on it for $39k in excellent condition (Stealth Gray with the Light Gray interior which I really like) -- and mine was found locally as well. :thumbsup:

As stated before, this coming from the son of a Navy father, thank you for your service as well!

04CaddyOwner
11-03-08, 03:53 PM
Well I was finally able to take a picture to post on here....even though everybody has already seen em a million times :p

dhemrick
11-03-08, 04:13 PM
Thanks for posting the pic, Micah. Stealth Gray is the rarest of the colors, so it is always good to see one. It looks especially good with the tinted windows.

As the son of an Army father, I also thank you for your service to our country. :thumbsup:

Dr. Design
11-07-08, 07:32 PM
Congrats and welcome. I dont think I will ever get tired of seeing that color, it looks great!

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Well I was finally able to take a picture to post on here....even though everybody has already seen em a million times :p

ssstealth
11-07-08, 08:27 PM
Micah,

Thanks for honoring us with your service... No matter what NBC says, we are grateful. Welcome to the club and enjoy that ride in good health.

AllGoNShow
11-28-08, 04:18 PM

You should post some pictures or bring it by the shop, I would love to see that colour combination!

55cadillacking
11-30-08, 09:23 PM
For sure. I actually need someone to install my new rotors and pads and do a wheel swap for me. I'll give you call. Who should I ask for?

AllGoNShow
12-01-08, 03:27 PM
PM'd

Indyblue98
12-26-08, 08:15 PM
Spent a few days reading thru the differnt post's here before I made the leap .
Purchased an 07 with just under 25K miles as a Christmas gift :highfive:, the car still has a few miles left on the original tires , and is pretty close to new condition. Black on Black with sunroof ,doesn't appear there was really any option choices from new.
Hard to say what we paid since we traded in a car, but the starting price was 35K... gave my 02 Ram Air Trans AM and 20k .
Was getting a little tired of shifting the manual transmission in our Trans am.
Pretty sure this V-car would smoke the TA off the line , at least with me shifting the TA.
Ordered a set of Corsa's as soon as I bought the car and found a Stage 1 intake kit from D3 on ebay. Waiting to see if the wife notices the difference in sound :thepan:... installed them on the day she went shopping.
The muffler shop only charged $100 and saved the original just in case.

Cliff8928
12-28-08, 02:37 AM
25k on the original tires? That's a miracle.

awais_amanat
01-15-09, 08:43 PM
Hey Everybody... i have a 1994 cadillac concours right now.. i bought it cheap for 2 grands with 167k on it.. by now ive put on 200ks on it and ive put in 8 grands easy on it, car came wit lots of problems... im done fixing one and the other just pops up.... i found a 2006 STS-V on auto trader (im in toronto,Canada).. im planning to trade the concours in for it.. dealers asking for $39k, it has 48k's on it and is an american car.. im hoping to pay $33k with the trade in love this car and i havent even seen it.. im 21 by the way..

paranoid1123
02-25-09, 09:37 PM
Hello everyone. I just picked up my blk/blk '06. I love this car. I Paid $30,500 + ttl on this car with only 25,000, Plus the dealer put new tires on the car before he closed the deal. The only problems I've Found so far is the ashtray won't open and every time i use the blutooth to make a call i get a really loud buzz like a fire alarm right before the call starts to dial. if it make any difference Im using a 3g iPhone.

silverws6ta
02-25-09, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone. I just picked up my blk/blk '06. I love this car. I Paid $30,500 + ttl on this car with only 25,000, Plus the dealer put new tires on the car before he closed the deal. The only problems I've Found so far is the ashtray won't open and every time i use the blutooth to make a call i get a really loud buzz like a fire alarm right before the call starts to dial. if it make any difference Im using a 3g iPhone.

Congrats! :highfive:

Ashtray = Warranty Repair.. I don't even consider that an ashtray with felt in it though.. more likely a change holder :) :thepan:

There is a TSB for the NAV/Voice Recognition software; I just had it completed recently on my car (first one my dealer had done and had to order the firmware upgrade CD's) that should square away any Bluetooth issues and help the VR.. I've only driven mine home since having the updates done but played around with it while in the garage and was pleased.

paranoid1123
02-25-09, 11:19 PM
Thanks the voice req. is fine its' just the bluetooth. If I dial a number then push send there is this loud buzz right before it dials, then its fine. I wouldn't think it is a normal sound but it happens every-time, like it is a design flaw.

also I don't care about the ashtray but I would like to use the 12v

AllGoNShow
02-26-09, 12:05 PM
Ashtray is definatly warranty, make sure it works properly too. When I bought mine both front and rear ashtrays did not work, they replaced the front ashtray (thats how I found out it was an ashtray and how i figured out the rear was an ashtray) then abotu 2 weeks after my front one broke again.

Dr. Design
02-26-09, 09:25 PM
Congrats on the good buy! You have the fastest color!!! :hide:

Dr. D

Ben.Peterson
03-03-09, 11:56 PM
Hello Everybody.. I just picked up my first V on saturday... 06 with 13k... black raven with the black/red interior.... All i can say is WOW, the wife and i decided we needed another vehicle, but from going from our lifted 03 chevy 1/2 ton 5.3l to this bad boy is stepping into another world. I like the forum, seems like LOTS of good info. Thanks to everybody for providing that!

Just wanted to say hi :D

dhemrick
03-04-09, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the group, Ben! You and I have the same taste in vehicles. I have a lifted Chevy 1/2 ton (2001 though) and an 06 STS-V black with black/red interior (the fastest color combination:duck:)

The fun thing is if you go back and drive your Chevy for a few days, you get back into the V and it feels even sweeter than before. It is truly the only car I have ever owned that I never get tired of and that seems to get better and better every time I drive it.

Congrats on your purchase! You'll be enjoying this car for a long time.

Ben.Peterson
03-04-09, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the group, Ben! You and I have the same taste in vehicles. I have a lifted Chevy 1/2 ton (2001 though) and an 06 STS-V black with black/red interior (the fastest color combination:duck:)

The fun thing is if you go back and drive your Chevy for a few days, you get back into the V and it feels even sweeter than before. It is truly the only car I have ever owned that I never get tired of and that seems to get better and better every time I drive it.

Congrats on your purchase! You'll be enjoying this car for a long time.

LOL.. what are the chances of that? I do have to say it's a nice combo.. i might also mention that my truck is all blacked out... well not smoked tail/headlights or anything.. but black wheels :D. Thanks for the welcome.. i'm hoping i'll be able to add my 2c to the forum.. that is after i figure more out about this car. I keep telling my wife i'm going to forget to use the brights, leave the keys in it and forget to lock my truck now that i'm getting used to this car LOL... Dang thing is too smart for MY own good.

I'm looking to upgrade the car sometime in the near future.. looking at doing the following (not for sure in this order)
Intake/Exhaust
Wheels/tires
Lowering springs

I'm not sure if i can run the 1.5 drop and still tuck 22's all around.. if not i'll probably just go with a 19-20 combo... i'm not sure how black wheels will look if they are not as big as possible.. lol. Any mods done to your STS-V?

dhemrick
03-04-09, 01:46 PM
Well, we differ there at least. My truck is bright red with a good amount of chrome and tinted windows. One of my friends refers to it as a "showboat".

I tend to gravitate toward red vehicles, or at least vehicles with red on them somewhere. I was already leaning toward something like the STS-V as I wanted a really powerful American luxury car (preferably a GM), but the original model CTS-V was too small for me and I wasn't so keen on the interior. When I saw you could get the larger, more luxurious, and better looking STS-V with red interior, I was in love. It was like Cadillac came up with this car exactly for me. I had one of those "Oh yes.... it will be mine." moments.

The only non-stock modifications to my car are tinted windows and chromed factory wheels (the original dealer took the painted factory wheels and has them stripped and chromed).

I am very pleased with the way my STS-V is right now, so I highly doubt I will make any further modifications to it. I'm not so much into lowering and installation of non-factory wheels on such a high end car, but I certainly don't fault those who are.

I may go for the upgraded ECM, though, as all the discussion about more low end power and driveability has gotten me intrigued.

kampfire1
03-07-09, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone, I just picked up an 06 raven black/black V with 13,000 on it. WOW this sure is a better ride that my 740iL! Great forum, look forward to sharing.

inurok
04-06-09, 09:32 PM
I just bought a 2006 STS-V Black/Black & wow does it move!!! I traded in a BMW 745i Sport for this car. The BMW handles better and has a better sound system but the power from the STS-V more than makes up for it.

Richard Stewart
04-19-09, 10:56 AM
HI
I have a 2007 sts-v.
I love the car.
I am having a problem with the front tires cupping. The noise is so loud on some roads you can not hear the radio.
The first set was the orginal Pirelli run flat, They were noisey at 4500 miles and we put up with them until 15,000. I replaced them with Dunlap road racers. At 4000 miles they are as bad as the Pirelli.
I met a 2006 sts v owner and he is having the same problem within 15,000 miles and two sets of tires.
We both have had 3 alignments at $100.00 each.
Maybe Cadillac needs to address this.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Otherwise i love the car

CIWS
04-19-09, 01:39 PM
HI
I have a 2007 sts-v.
I love the car.
I am having a problem with the front tires cupping. The noise is so loud on some roads you can not hear the radio.
The first set was the orginal Pirelli run flat, They were noisey at 4500 miles and we put up with them until 15,000. I replaced them with Dunlap road racers. At 4000 miles they are as bad as the Pirelli.
I met a 2006 sts v owner and he is having the same problem within 15,000 miles and two sets of tires.
We both have had 3 alignments at $100.00 each.
Maybe Cadillac needs to address this.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Otherwise i love the car

Greetings Richard :welcome: to the forums. I believe you are the gentleman I met at the dealership Friday. You might look through this thread, there's some info about tires, wear,alignments,etc.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/145357-i-think-i-need-new-tires.html

90lxracer
04-22-09, 08:47 PM
Hey all-
I just joined the STS-V family. I now have an '06 V car, it's silver, with the black/red interior combo. Got with 15,000 miles on it. So far so good, it's super fun! I would say super fast, but I'm a little biased when it comes to that. I have a mustang that runs in the low 8's in the 1/4. But for a street car, it pretty slick!

I have a question though.. How common or uncommon are ventilated seats? Mine doesn't have them, it would have been nice, but not a deal breaker..

Where can I get info on putting in a back up camera?

Where is a good place to get some nice cross drilled rotors for the car?

inurok
04-23-09, 02:15 AM
Hey all-
I just joined the STS-V family. I now have an '06 V car, it's silver, with the black/red interior combo. Got with 15,000 miles on it. So far so good, it's super fun! I would say super fast, but I'm a little biased when it comes to that. I have a mustang that runs in the low 8's in the 1/4. But for a street car, it pretty slick!

I have a question though.. How common or uncommon are ventilated seats? Mine doesn't have them, it would have been nice, but not a deal breaker..

Where can I get info on putting in a back up camera?

Where is a good place to get some nice cross drilled rotors for the car?

As far as I know NO 06 has ventilated seats. Personally it seems like a gimmicky feature to me. My BMW 745i had them and I honestly did not notice a huge difference with them on or off. You are luck to have the red/black interior i wanted so bad but could not find one in my area.

90lxracer
04-23-09, 06:55 PM
As far as I know NO 06 has ventilated seats. Personally it seems like a gimmicky feature to me. My BMW 745i had them and I honestly did not notice a huge difference with them on or off. You are luck to have the red/black interior i wanted so bad but could not find one in my area.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it, but once I saw it in person I was all about the red inserts. There were a couple silver ones, 1 had the black, the other with the black/red. I look at the one I have cause it had less miles and was less expensive. So score twice!

Good info on the seats, what about adaptive cruise? Could you get a V car with that?

Ben.Peterson
04-24-09, 12:47 PM
Good info on the seats, what about adaptive cruise? Could you get a V car with that?

Congrads on the purchase! I had nearly an identical deal about 2 months ago.. bought an 06 black with black/tango interior.. with 14,500 miles.. lol...

Unless i'm mistaken they released the ACC in 07 on the v's (along with HUD i believe)... Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong :hide:

Lets see some pics! Here's mine from last weekend (car show in scottsdale az):
http://www.shopbloc.com/Images/Ben/CarShow_04182009/DSCN3467.jpg

55cadillacking
04-26-09, 09:56 PM
I will never grow tired at looking at these beautiful machines!

inurok
04-26-09, 11:11 PM
Even with Zero mods the car still looks good. I just installed clear tails on mine & I love them.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/inurok/IMG_1138.jpg

inurok
04-26-09, 11:39 PM
I know it needs a wash. I will detail it when I get it back from the dealer again.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/inurok/IMG_1122.jpg

Kim'sSTS-V
04-30-09, 02:46 PM
I am going to pick up my 2009 STS-V in about one hour. I traded in my 2006 STS for this STS-V. The color is a Thunder Grey. I am so excited.

harrysstsv
04-30-09, 03:09 PM
I am going to pick up my 2009 STS-V in about one hour. I traded in my 2006 STS for this STS-V. The color is a Thunder Grey. I am so excited.

Kim, congratulation to your new V.

I`ve traded my 07 STS, which I only had for one year for an brand new STS V and I love this car:thumbsup:

Thunder Gray is good choice, my 04 XLR is Thunder Gray.

Harry (from Germany)

vapnut
06-14-09, 10:23 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum so I thought this would be a good place to introduce myself. I'm a "good 'ol boy" from Suffolk Virgina, (used to be the peanut capitol of the world) hence my username vapnut. I inherited my 2008 platinum STS V from a friend. He bought it from Dukes Oldsmobile/Cadillac in Suffolk VA last June. He wanted one that was fully loaded with every option they could put on it, so they found one in NJ and had it delivered. When the car was ready at the dealership, he asked me if I would go with him to the "orientation" of the vehicle because when he died he was leaving me his car. The last new vehicle I ever owned was a 1978 Ford E150 van, which I still use today.I also own a 1985 Oldsmobile cutlass ciera with only 60k origional miles (I don't drive much) Every time I had to take my friend to the hospital he would tell me how much I was going to enjoy his new car, which is not what I wanted to hear at that time. He parked the car at his home and being in very bad health, he drove it very little. (it only had 800 miles on it when I got it)Sadly, my friend passed away in December and I inherited his new car that has barely been driven. Now I have to take the time to learn about it which brings me to this forum.

I, like everyone else, seem to have a problem with the voice recognition system. To me it is worthless until GM can find another voice recognition program vendor.

I also noticed recently the LDW (Lane Departure Warning) stopped working. It shows up on the dash momentarily at start up, but is not functional when rolling. It also cannot be enabled from the congiguration menu. (Blacked out) Its due for it's first state inspection this month so I will ask the dealer to check it out.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a custom cover for this car that will be kept outside? There seems to be so many to choose from. When I learn how to post pictures here I will. Again, greetings from Suffolk VA and I would like to dedicate my first post here in honor of my dear departed friend that was a really classy guy.

In Memory: GHM 1947 - 2008

06stsv
08-15-09, 10:19 AM
How do you post picture! I have no clue, lol?

inurok
08-15-09, 01:41 PM
How do you post picture! I have no clue, lol?

Well first you have to find a website to host the file like www.photobucket.com its free to join and works great! Once you have your pictures uploaded to that site its simple to post them here.

freshchops
08-22-09, 03:50 AM
Hey again,

I've been around for a while. Lost my beloved '05 STS to a total loss accident. After a ton of shopping to replace it, the V-series kept looking better and better..... I couldn't resist. I got an '06 STS-V, Black on Black (16k miles). It made it here before my "welcome packet" so I'm stuck looking at it, unable to register yet. So... what better to do than snap pictures?!?

I've restrained from getting ecstatic (yet), not being able to (legally) take it out on the road.... it's killing me, but I'm boiling on the inside.

.... pardon the lack of angles or variety of pics, but didn't have much walk around room to play with. I guess all the pics look similar, but heck, it looks so good at all angles, I couldn't just pick one..... could you?!!

http://www.thegraphixlab.com/TEMP/06-STS-V/06-STS-V-03.jpg
----
http://www.thegraphixlab.com/TEMP/06-STS-V/06-STS-V-04.jpg
----
http://www.thegraphixlab.com/TEMP/06-STS-V/06-STS-V-05.jpg
----
http://www.thegraphixlab.com/TEMP/06-STS-V/06-STS-V-06.jpg
----
http://www.thegraphixlab.com/TEMP/06-STS-V/06-STS-V-07.jpg
-----
http://www.thegraphixlab.com/TEMP/06-STS-V/06-STS-V-02.jpg

dhemrick
08-22-09, 08:27 AM
Congrats, freshchops! I know how excited you are. I've had my V for 2 years and the excitement never goes away. You will LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this car. It's so much fun to drive! I know... I'm just making it worse....

55cadillacking
08-23-09, 03:40 AM
Yup, fun to drive, fun to wash, fun to stare at, fun to....

Karlis
08-24-09, 12:52 AM
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I posted anything ( March 07 ) so here it goes. Finally got my STS V back from D3 on July 4th 2008. I have had it a year and have been able to test it a bit. Some of the mods are; Custom Pistons, rods, and main bearings, custom headers and corsa exhaust, Custom pully and S/C mods, Meth injection ( to cool things down ) Cold air intake, Custom carbon fiber vents ( side panel ), Custom torque converter to handle the 630 ft\lbs. of torque ( 610 hp ), 6 caliber on front 4 on rear crossed and drilled ( brakes ), Custom Rims by Forgeline, Dynamat in the doors, Headliner, post, and sunvisors are now leather and last but not least all the tuning by D3. The problems I've had are minimal, had to drill in the tire sensors to the inside of the rims. They had used an overgrown clamp to attach them to the rim. A few burn outs and they we're toast. A few hiccups with the ECM but by disconnecting the battery it reset fine. The sifting in compt. mode is good as long as you are driving flat out but city driving will get a few slams from the tranny. The traction control is useless. Anything over 50 and it engages so I just turn it off first thing. Have hit the rev limiter and really shuts things down:banghead: better than a blown engine. Took it from Houston to San Antonio in 100F heat averaged 20 mpg at 70 mph. The methanol really works but at that temp. the engine sucks it down ( carry a gallon in the trunk ).
Top speed so far is 160 mph on FM 2917 south of Alvin. Unofficial 12.8 in 1/4 also on 2917 in 90F heat. I plan on taking it to Houston Raceway in the fall on a cool Fall evening. I think I can run in the low 12s with a trap close to 120 mph. The car pulls like a freight train, even at 120 mph your still stuck to your seat. The sound coming out the pipes and the whine of the S/C are sublime. The car sounds like NASCAR from afar. I pity the poor fool who is behind me at a light when I engage warp drive. D3 shot a video of the car that is on you tube, search D3 sts v walk around.

inurok
08-24-09, 04:45 PM
^ WoW!!! That car sounds amazing!! Post some pics when you can..

freshchops
08-24-09, 07:19 PM
^ WoW!!! That car sounds amazing!! Post some pics when you can..

Even better, he has a walk around vid on YouTube. It is WOW indeed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cGAcujMQLM

MacMuse
08-25-09, 09:59 PM
I think he's referring us this video...

never mind, beat me to the utoob post.

jedhead
08-27-09, 07:56 PM
I just picked up my 2006 STS-V a couple weeks ago in Carlsbad. Since then I put 2000 miles on the car so you can say I enjoy driving the car. Last Saturday I drove the STS-V on CA58 from Buttonwillow to US101 and back. A great drive. The car is silver with grey interior.

Bob

jedhead
09-18-09, 03:53 PM
Some pics.
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/757522/fullsize/dsc_0054.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/757518/fullsize/dsc_0010.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/757517/fullsize/dsc_0005.jpg

Bob

freshchops
09-18-09, 11:10 PM
^^^ jedhead:

Silver Bullet!

jedhead
09-19-09, 01:00 AM
^^^ jedhead:

Silver Bullet!

I was initially looking for grey, but I love the silver. The chrome stuff doesn't overpower the silver color.

Bob

Tags63
10-01-09, 12:40 PM
Hey!!! Good Luck with the new ride!!!! I just picked up the same one 2006 silver/grey Certified with 22k miles on her. I bought it last Friday flew in to pick it up on Monday now drove south for road trip & visit some friends before I head back to LI, NY. I already had the windows tinted all around including the front windshield. It really looks awesome now. Got my weather tech stuff ordered so it'll be there when I get back. I'll post pictures when I get back north.

Paul:thumbsup:

dhemrick
10-01-09, 03:06 PM
Hey!!! Good Luck with the new ride!!!! I just picked up the same one 2006 silver/grey Certified with 22k miles on her. I bought it last Friday flew in to pick it up on Monday now drove south for road trip & visit some friends before I head back to LI, NY. I already had the windows tinted all around including the front windshield. It really looks awesome now. Got my weather tech stuff ordered so it'll be there when I get back. I'll post pictures when I get back north.

Paul:thumbsup:

Wow! You're driving from California to Long Island? I thought I drove my V home a long way when I went from Dallas, TX to Raleigh, NC!

Now THAT's a proper trip for a great road car! Enjoy your trip!

Tags63
10-01-09, 07:10 PM
Hey!!

Maybe you got me confused with someone else?? I flew into NC drove south to GA & FL then heading back to NY. I'll put about 2k miles on the car before I get back home to my NY house.

Paul

dhemrick
10-01-09, 08:35 PM
Hey!!

Maybe you got me confused with someone else?? I flew into NC drove south to GA & FL then heading back to NY. I'll put about 2k miles on the car before I get back home to my NY house.

Paul

LOL! I did. I mixed up posts between you and jedhead who had picked up silver STS-V in Carlsbad, CA. That's what I get for trying to read the forum at work while doing about 10 other things at the same time! :dammit:

Where in NC did you buy your V? You didn't happen to buy the Silver one with gray interior from Hendrick Cadillac in Cary, NC, did you? ;)

PGA2B
10-06-09, 11:03 PM
I just picked up my V last night from Superior Cadillac in KC, MO. She is Black on Black and chromed factory wheels with 29k on the clock. It was a 1 owner and he was in his 70's. Superior sold it to him and performed all the service on it. His wife made him sell it because she thought it was too much car for him. He traded it for a DTS. Certified so I get the warranty. The salesman has been working with me for almost a year. He called last Friday and said "Good things come to those who wait". I didn't even know who it was at first. Then he told me he had just traded for the V 10 minutes before he called and asked if I was interested. I told him I would be there Saturday morning. My wife and I drove her and it was the first V my wife even liked (we had driven 5). We signed the deal Saturday and picked her up last night. I have waited to own one of these since I first saw one and can say I LOVE IT!! I look forward to being an active member of this forum and share my knowledge of tuning and mods.

rodinoma
10-29-09, 04:34 PM
I own a 2008 STS-V - the color is Thundergray, the interior is ebony and the wheels are not chromed - and I have no sunroof. The sunroof decreases the torsional rigidity and at highway speeds of between 120-155 mph along the Ligurian coast every little bit helps. I didn't order the chromed wheels because the intense use of the Brembo brakes causes a lot of brake dust - which looks really cool on the painted wheels but much less so on the chromed wheels.

The car is amazing and the supercharged engine is an absolute joy. At highway speeds of between 100 and a 150 mph the gas tank empties too quickly. An 18-gallon gas tank is too small with a car with these capabilities.

harrysstsv
11-01-09, 02:11 PM
I own a 2008 STS-V - the color is Thundergray, the interior is ebony and the wheels are not chromed - and I have no sunroof. The sunroof decreases the torsional rigidity and at highway speeds of between 120-155 mph along the Ligurian coast every little bit helps. I didn't order the chromed wheels because the intense use of the Brembo brakes causes a lot of brake dust - which looks really cool on the painted wheels but much less so on the chromed wheels.

The car is amazing and the supercharged engine is an absolute joy. At highway speeds of between 100 and a 150 mph the gas tank empties too quickly. An 18-gallon gas tank is too small with a car with these capabilities.
Hi Rodinoma,
you are right, the gas tank should hold about 25 gallons ( 90 Liters ).

On speeds you talking about I get around 200 miles out of a full gas tank but on the other hand it`s such a great Autobahn runner.

I have an eye on a new CTS V, which now the first export models arrive here in Germany but I surely will keep my STS V and trade my XLR.

Harry

inurok
11-01-09, 02:29 PM
I didn't order the chromed wheels because the intense use of the Brembo brakes causes a lot of brake dust - which looks really cool on the painted wheels but much less so on the chromed wheels.

I dont know anyone that likes the look of brake dust on their rims of any color. Its an annoyance.

rodinoma
11-03-09, 01:17 AM
Perhaps, but in Europe it is a sign of hard and fast driving, the purpose of a car like the STS-V. It illustrates to pedestrians and other drivers that you have driven you car hard, that you braked repeatedly from high speed, that you used your car as it was intended to be used.

rodinoma
11-03-09, 01:19 AM
Hello Harry - long time since we last communicated. Thats funny because I just bought a 2009 XLR and like you I want to get the CTS-V, but I am keeping my STS-V. I love it too much.

rodinoma
11-04-09, 01:13 AM
Hello Harry - good to hear from you again. I just bought an 09 XLR and am looking forward to buying a CTS-V but I will be keeping my STS-V. You are right about the gas tank though. At the speeds we drive the tank empties after 90 mins! Since Cadillac withdrew from the European market (temporarily) where are you getting the Euro homologated CTS-V? The distributor went bust.

06 Mallet V
01-12-10, 06:31 PM
I'm new to the forum, but a have been a STS-V owner since June. Love every bit of it!!! I have #5 of 5 of a STS-V that Mallet Motor Sports (Berea, OH) got their hands on and it is now 505 horse! WOW the heads really turn in this car.:thumbsup:

harrysstsv
01-13-10, 10:57 AM
I'm new to the forum, but a have been a STS-V owner since June. Love every bit of it!!! I have #5 of 5 of a STS-V that Mallet Motor Sports (Berea, OH) got their hands on and it is now 505 horse! WOW the heads really turn in this car.:thumbsup:

Welcome here:thumbsup:
You can`t believe what kind a head-turner this car is here in Germany. Next month I have it for two years and still love it like day 1 when I bought it.

Too bad, right now we have about 10 inch of snow and temp. around 10 - 25°so my two Cadillac`s have to stay in the garage - but no problems with my wifes Chevy SUV AWD at this weather condition.

My V is black/black hope to get seeing some pics of yours!

Harry

Red Snake
02-28-10, 09:09 PM
Just bought a "NEW" 2008 STS V. Light Platinum in color with Ebony interior.

Car was supposedly demo driven by the dealership owner for 3900 miles and untitled. Obviously bone stock. Got a great deal on it. So far I'm lovin it. Here's a few pics.

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/040.JPG

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/0411.JPG

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/039.JPG

STS-VRider
03-18-10, 12:50 PM
New to this forum.
Love my V a lot. :thumbsup:
Great car. Light platinum, ebony interior. Some pics will folow soon.

PGA2B
03-18-10, 02:52 PM
New to this forum.
Love my V a lot. :thumbsup:
Great car. Light platinum, ebony interior. Some pics will folow soon.

Welcome. Lots of good people and good info here.

ozmt
03-21-10, 12:09 AM
I just purchased mine, sight unseen, from Chicago. 2008, black/black. Vin decoder says it's the only 1 of 459 like it. 1 of only 6 without the sunroof. I'm not a big sunroof fan, especially in the heat of Las Vegas.
I suppose some of you are wondering why buy an expensive car sight unseen? I had a 3rd party drop by and take a look. I also have the car fax and the vis (i think it's called) from my local dealer and a gmpp extended warranty.
The price was good enough that i can get out of it pretty easy if i'm not happy with it. After just selling my 04 black/black cts-v, i am really missing the hp. Now i've just got to wait for the transport truck to get here in a week.
Wish me luck and if you're in Las Vegas or SoCal, look for the black V without a sunroof.

jedhead
03-21-10, 04:11 PM
I am here in Orange County CA. I would notice any STS-V on the road since I haven't seen one yet since I got mine last August.

Bob

nsaness
03-29-10, 09:12 PM
Just picked up a black 2008. I drove 400 miles each way to pick it up, but I am lovin it! Great car!

Big_Caddy
04-11-10, 05:09 PM
New to the forum, new to Cadillacs.
Just got an 07 black on black sts-v, 19k miles.
Have been digging through these forums for a few days now, lots of great info...
Any important Posts I should know about ?
cheers

timinfla2
04-27-10, 03:14 PM
I bought a 2007 with 31K on the clock this afternoon at Bob Steele Chevrolet here in Cocoa, FL. It's Silver with a Black interior (attached a camera phone pic).

I bought the extended warranty which gets me 5 years from today and 75,000 miles - on a V which I plan on driving pretty aggressively, $3K for the warranty doesn't seem too bad.

I shopped EVERYWHERE for this car and I got some good comps from other dealers across the nation but they were 3 or 4 owner cars, or had been in accidents, etc.

This is a 1 owner, clean carfax, and it's in BEAUTIFUL condition. I plan on getting the windows tinted (legal here in FL) and probably get the headrest DVD's so my kids are entertained - that is the most important thing for a parent on a road trip :-)

I plan on driving this until the wheels fall off. I previously owned a 300C SRT8 and I missed the hell out of that horsepower, so I'm trilled to be back in the game with a 400+ HP car.

I look forward to learning more about the car as I get more familiar with it and I appreciate much of the advice that I have found on here already. This has already proven to be a very informative site.

-Tim

kbf250
05-07-10, 12:54 AM
I got my 06 Black on Black 10 months ago. I love the car. Two weeks after I got it, I took my wife to Vegas in it.
While cruising the strip my wife had an interesting comment about my car: She said
"I can tell this is a MAN'S car because everytime we stop at a light, all the men on the street look at your car and then they look at who's driving and not one of them looks at me!"
I said get used to it because they all wish they had this car.
http://kirkbullard.com/stsv/sts-v%20006.jpg

kbf250
05-12-10, 11:35 PM
Hey jedhead, I got mine last July and I also have not seen another STS-V on the roads fo Orange County. I'm in Santa Ana.

kbf250

V-Eight
05-12-10, 11:53 PM
Haha, love your wife's comment

jedhead
05-14-10, 01:54 AM
Hey jedhead, I got mine last July and I also have not seen another STS-V on the roads fo Orange County. I'm in Santa Ana.

kbf250

I try to attend some of the car club meets in the area and it would be great if you showed up so I won't be the only STS-V. I sometimes go to the Donut Shop in Huntington Beach on Adams and Magnolia Saturday mornings.

www.motorgen.com

Bob

Longsnapper52
06-02-10, 05:52 PM

kbf250

Speaking of.....This morning in Orange County, I saw a black STS-V on the 5 in Tustin/Irvine, but it was a bit odd....It had the Orange and Clear faceted CTS fogs. I'm wondering if it was a salvage rebuild where some one used the wrong fogs.

550HP STSV
09-05-10, 08:44 PM
Just thought I'd share a few updates with my STS-V friends, here is the mod list so far:

Performance:
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust w/ Custom H Pipe
D3 Torquemaster Spark Plugs tuned to A/F Ratio
Custom Tune
HPS Hybrid Brake Pads

Design:
20" 3 Piece Asanti AF104a Wheels
Custom 10th Anniversary Cobra Painted Calipers w/ Brembo Stickers
Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
2" Drop D3 Lowering Kit
White LED Interior Conversion Kit
8K HID High Beams/ Low Beams
3k HID Fog Lights
Chrome Amber Turn Signals
35% Tinted Glass, 50% tinted windshield

And some new pics:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6705/sam0658.jpg (http://img442.imageshack.us/i/sam0658.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2239/sam0632k.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/sam0632k.jpg/)

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7758/sam0636b.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/sam0636b.jpg/)

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8692/47871101502527123706448.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/i/47871101502527123706448.jpg/)

choigilligan
09-30-10, 12:01 AM
Your car looks great, are those the rims you have for sale on the classifieds? The 8K HID's do they make a difference in terms of vision at night, the lights on my car kinda suck compared to my last one.

550HP STSV
10-02-10, 02:42 PM
Yes, those are the wheels for sale. I got 55w 8ks and they light up the road perfectly when paired with a 3k fog light.

KIDDO
12-18-10, 02:47 PM
Got our 06 V about 6 months ago. Silver/Silver no deletes. After 1,000+ miles no problems or lost races. Great car!

joex1
12-28-10, 02:56 PM
Hi all, I picked up mine earlier this month. Sorry about contributing to your decline in resale for those of you that bought new. I did'nt want the black or silver so my options were really limited. I live in Buffalo so haven't had a chance to really get on it for any extended period of time, or even really drive it, been using my Trailblazer SS, but interior and exterior are flawless! 42k miles, under GMPP warranty until 2013 or 66k. Owned by an older guy and delivered to me from Nebraska. Even came with OnStar and XM paid ahead.
First mod planned is the Spectre intake. I also have a Nitrous Express wet kit that's currently on my truck that I'd love to throw on for S&G, if it will take it.

EDIT: Won't let me post pics/link. Picture a stock 06 Stealth Gray with cashmere interior.

jedhead
12-28-10, 04:27 PM
I updated my STS-V with the Spectre Intake. I had it installed back in November and so far no issues. I love the sound, no mistaking that you have a blower and I actually can feel the improved power.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/842221/original/dsc_5967.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/842222/original/dsc_5973.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/842217/original/dsc_5953.jpg

There is a group buy going on for the intake.

Bob

youknooow
02-09-11, 10:29 AM
Joex1, O you live in Buffalo, I'm from there. Its very "painful" when I visit home - no where to spread my wings. I'm frequent in the DC & ATL Metro areas wheres there is plenty of roads and other drivers that allow you to sample your car's abilities, lol.

joex1
02-10-11, 11:02 AM
haha, you really have to pick your spots when you want to open it up. Especially in the winter since the car pulls like a freight train but can't get traction til 3rd-4th gear and you have to keep an eye out for black ice.
I have some sneaky spots for summer though.

youknooow
03-07-11, 06:00 AM
O, I forgot to describe my V. Black Ice exterior, Tango Red interior, Chrome wheels (factory), Euro spec rear tail lamps. Plans are custom wheels (already in the works), Gibson exhaust, Corsa tips, intake, and a tune.

CShiv
04-05-11, 08:32 AM
I have a 2007 Thunder Gray STS-V black interior and stock wheels that are painted Thunder Gray with 32k on the ticker. I think my first mod will be a Spectre intake.

550HP STSV
05-05-11, 10:38 PM
KAPOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9544/90502733.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/415/77698335.jpg

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/6818/31976122.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4730/96964585.jpg

550HP STSV
05-31-11, 08:52 AM
UPDATE:

Performance Modifications:

ZZP Smaller 2.55" Upper Pulley
58lb Steigmeier Injectors
Full Stage 1 & 2 Spectre Intake
160 Degree Thermostat
Magnaflow exhaust w/ Resonated X-Pipe
All Amsoil Fluids
D3 Torquemaster spark plugs
Upgraded Flex-A-Lite Heat Exchanger
Frozenboost Front mount heat exchanger w/ 50/50 Water Wetter
Factory Intercooler pump w/ additional 8 GPM Intercooler Pump ran Inline
Wait4Me Performance Dyno Tune

Appearance Modifications:

20" 3 Piece Asanti AF104a Custom Painted Wheels
Custom 10th Anniversary Cobra Painted Calipers w/ Brembo Stickers
Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
2" Drop D3 Lowering Kit
White LED Interior/Exterior Conversion Kit
8K HID High Beams/ Low Beams
3k HID Fog Lights
Chrome Amber Turn Signals
Custom Clear Fog Light Housing Assembly
VHT Niteshaded Reverse, Side, And marker Lights
2011 CTS-V Front Emblem
2011 CTS-V Suede Shifter
Front license plate mount holes filled & repainted
Navigation Lockpick Installed
Intercooler Lid Painted VHT Wrinkle Red
Airbrushed V Logo on Front Mount Heat Exchanger
35% Tinted Glass, 50% tinted windshield

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01161.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01163.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01164.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01165.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01168.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01170.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01171.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01172.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01173.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/DSC01175.jpg

meekna
07-06-11, 08:27 PM
I bought this beauty off of ebay in 2009 with 7300 miles on the clock. Nothing unusually special about it, supposedly only 12 are exactly like it from the VIN decoder (http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=1G6DX67D960185332). Almost 2yrs later I've had the engine and tranny tuned, and added the Spectre intake system. Here is a recent pic of my V.

bigburban
07-30-11, 04:30 PM
So I had hoped to post different images of my new to me 2008 sts v but apparently the deer in the middle of road at 2 am had different ideas. Goes in to the body shop on Monday. I'm bummed, had it just over a week and only driven it a few times.

550HP STSV
07-30-11, 06:18 PM
ill buy the wheels!

550HP STSV
07-31-11, 12:10 AM
Supercharger Whine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIyTtuL_tc (watch in HD)

rakoom2002
10-03-11, 09:44 PM
Supercharger Whine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIyTtuL_tc (watch in HD)
Hey man is your badass supercharger whine attributed to your ZZP Smaller 2.55" Upper Pulley upgrade?

550HP STSV
10-03-11, 09:48 PM
that would be correct. that and the intake and exhaust.

rakoom2002
10-03-11, 10:37 PM
that would be correct. that and the intake and exhaust.

Nice, Sounds F'ing amazing!! The supercharger whine was one of my top reasons for buying the V (next to the power and looks of course), lol.

KingOfLacs
01-17-12, 04:45 AM
2006 STS-V spectre stage 1 and 2 intake Asanti 3 piece 20' wheels 2 JL audio W3 500/1 so far...

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0731.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0731.jpg)

rodinoma
01-17-12, 10:45 AM
I own a 2008 STS-V which is garaged in Rome, no not Rome NY but the real Rome - the one in Italy. It is probably one of only 2 or 3 in all of Italy a country of 60 million with the world's best food and among the best roads in the world. It is a joy to drive this car at the speeds at which it was intended. I love taking it out on the autostada and maxing it at its speed limited 250 km/h (155 mph). The most aggressive drivers in Italy all appear to drive Audis and there is nothing more enjoyable than running up their backside and seeing the look on their faces because they do not understand what is behind them - once they move over (usually at speeds above 200 km/h (120 mph)) sweat breaks out on their upper lips as they try to keep up. Any problems? Well yes, at speed this car guzzles and I find myself stopping for gas every two hours - GM - make your cars with 80-liter gas tanks please (>20 gallons). Please contact me if I can give you any more information about driving Cadillacs in Europe.

GizmoQ
01-21-12, 05:37 PM
.... ? .
:aj:

Clean up on aisle three!!!!

Forgoten214
01-22-12, 10:25 PM
Sorry everyone for hijacking this thread and for the distasteful comments that has been made in the last few posts. I hope the mods will see them and delete them accordingly.

GizmoQ
01-22-12, 11:17 PM
Sorry everyone for hijacking this thread and for the distasteful comments that has been made in the last few posts. I hope the mods will see them and delete them accordingly.

DONE!

Off topic posts are sometimes tolerated, but let this serve as a warning. Infractions will follow. We all agreed to the forum rules when we signed up.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

Forgoten214
01-22-12, 11:22 PM
Alright.

Thank you. I'm sorry once again.

DONE!

Off topic posts are sometimes tolerated, but let this serve as a warning. Infractions will follow. We all agreed to the forum rules when we signed up.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

rodinoma
01-24-12, 03:06 PM
A continuation of the Rome adventure... sorry it has taken me a few days to respond. I actually do not own a house or apartment in Rome. I live in the UK and Rome is only a two hour flight away. I keep the car in a friend's garage - he owns 150 cars - mostly GM vehicles from the 20s through the noughties. I am looking to buy a CTS-V - I agree that dynamically it is the better car but when I bought my STS-V if I remember correctly the CTS-V was not yet available. My Roman friend has a CTS-V and I have gotten it up to its European-restricted top speed of 304 km/h (188 mph) on one of the highways leading into Rome ("all roads lead to Rome"). This summer we are going to take both the STS-V and the CTS-V to Germany and meet up with some BMW M5 owners for a showdown. There are some lightly travelled highways in Southern Germany that are propitious grounds for high-speed travel - but on the weekends and early in the morning. BTW, if the bug grabs you it is very easy to ship your Cadillac over for a few weeks of European driving - approximately $2k for the shipping plus your own flight. I can promise you the adventure of a lifetime.

Forgoten214
01-24-12, 04:00 PM
I have a question.........How come you guys don't drive Italian cars? Like let's say Ferraris or Lamborghinis. I think if I lived in Rome or near Rome that's what I'd be driving. lol.

Well if I could afford the trip I'd go. :)

A continuation of the Rome adventure... sorry it has taken me a few days to respond. I actually do not own a house or apartment in Rome. I live in the UK and Rome is only a two hour flight away. I keep the car in a friend's garage - he owns 150 cars - mostly GM vehicles from the 20s through the noughties. I am looking to buy a CTS-V - I agree that dynamically it is the better car but when I bought my STS-V if I remember correctly the CTS-V was not yet available. My Roman friend has a CTS-V and I have gotten it up to its European-restricted top speed of 304 km/h (188 mph) on one of the highways leading into Rome ("all roads lead to Rome"). This summer we are going to take both the STS-V and the CTS-V to Germany and meet up with some BMW M5 owners for a showdown. There are some lightly travelled highways in Southern Germany that are propitious grounds for high-speed travel - but on the weekends and early in the morning. BTW, if the bug grabs you it is very easy to ship your Cadillac over for a few weeks of European driving - approximately $2k for the shipping plus your own flight. I can promise you the adventure of a lifetime.

rodinoma
01-24-12, 04:14 PM
Well you make a very good point but since my friend is Italian and I, although born in Detroit, grew up in Italy we have never been impressed with Maserati, Ferrari and Lamborghini. Firstly, they are all very unreliable and high-maintenance and secondly and most importantly they are driven by people that you would not want to associate with. These cars, and especially Ferrari and Lamborghini do not have a good reputation in Italy and are extremely rare. You can drive the length and the breadth of the boot without ever seeing a Ferrari. It is for the same reason that any elegant man would not be caught dead in a suit made by Armani - in Italy it is just not cool. Ferraris are for people with more money than sense in the Middle East, China and the USA. The most aspirational car brands for Italians are Audis on the sedan and station wagon side and Porsche on the sports car side. Cadillac is, judging from the reactions I always get, the coolest brand in Italy - unfortunately there are just not that many Cadillacs in circulation. But that is a marketing and pricing problem that Cadillac can and needs to resolve.

Forgoten214
01-24-12, 08:06 PM
Well I'm Italian but I don't speak Italian. lol. I was born in the USA. Just can't believe you guys don't like Italian cars. Just really amazing. What do you guys think of Shelbys or Corvettes? lol

Or how about Mercedes Benz or BMW?

Wow that's actually inspiring actually and makes me proud to own and drive a Cadillac. :)

So if I was to go to Italy what suits would you recommend? French I assume? lol

I always thought the best suits made were Italian.

Well you make a very good point but since my friend is Italian and I, although born in Detroit, grew up in Italy we have never been impressed with Maserati, Ferrari and Lamborghini. Firstly, they are all very unreliable and high-maintenance and secondly and most importantly they are driven by people that you would not want to associate with. These cars, and especially Ferrari and Lamborghini do not have a good reputation in Italy and are extremely rare. You can drive the length and the breadth of the boot without ever seeing a Ferrari. It is for the same reason that any elegant man would not be caught dead in a suit made by Armani - in Italy it is just not cool. Ferraris are for people with more money than sense in the Middle East, China and the USA. The most aspirational car brands for Italians are Audis on the sedan and station wagon side and Porsche on the sports car side. Cadillac is, judging from the reactions I always get, the coolest brand in Italy - unfortunately there are just not that many Cadillacs in circulation. But that is a marketing and pricing problem that Cadillac can and needs to resolve.

GizmoQ
01-25-12, 01:10 AM
Well I'm Italian but I don't speak Italian. lol. I was born in the USA. Just can't believe you guys don't like Italian cars. Just really amazing. What do you guys think of Shelbys or Corvettes? lol

Or how about Mercedes Benz or BMW?

Wow that's actually inspiring actually and makes me proud to own and drive a Cadillac. :)

So if I was to go to Italy what suits would you recommend? French I assume? lol

I always thought the best suits made were Italian.

Sounds like a great topic for the Lounge area. Hint, Hint.

rodinoma
01-25-12, 10:36 AM
Italians love Corvettes and I personally have owned and kept in Italy an '87 C4, an '89 C4, a '92 ZR-1, an '00 C5 and just recently an '08 C6. I will probably buy another yellow Vette in the not too distant future. Shelbys are basically unknown in Italy, but Italy is one of GM's biggest export markets for the Corvette in Europe after Germany, Switzerland and Sweden. FIAT dominated Italy's car market for the thirty years after WWII but Italians have long since realised that the Germans and the Asians make better cars and FIAT's market share has been declining inexorably. The Ferrari and Maserati divisions perform well but like I said previously their sales are concentrated in China, the US, the Middle East and northern Europe. Italy probably ranks fifteenth in terms of sales and it is very rare to see a Ferrari in Italy. Italians are proud of the brand and especially its F1 successes but well educated Italians find the cars too flashy. Pimps and Albanian drug dealers are more likely to drive a Ferrari in Italy.

Mercedes in Italy suffers from the same problem it has in Germany - too many Mercedes taxis. This cheapens the brand quite considerably. BMW is well regarded and sells right alongside Audi. As to your sartorial question no right thinking Italian would ever be caught dead in a French suit - the French do not make good male haberdashery. Most Italians of a certain socio-economic background go to their tailors to have their suits made - much cheaper than buying an off the rack Armani and looks better too. Armani, like Ferrari, is for the Chinese, the Americans and the Arabs.

Cadillacs and Italy were made for each other. If you ever see the movie Dolce Vita you will notice that Cadillacs and Corvettes were the most desirable cars in Italy during the 50s and 60s. GM lost its way in the US in the 70s, 80s and 90s and Italian interest waned alongside it. But they have come back strongly and there is nothing more enjoyable than caning the accelerator pedal on a big torquey Cadillac V8 up an autostrada incline at 140 mph and passing all of these little four-pot Asian and Fiat cars as they labor up the hill. Italy, Germany, Spain and Belgium are four countries in Western Europe where speed limits are not really an issue and you can drive to your hearts content. But its not about furtively reaching the top speed and decelerating quickly. It is about looking at the map and seeing that Naples is 200 kilometers (120 miles) away from Rome and realising that you can get there in a little over an hour door-to-door, head for Da Michele for the best pizza in the world and be back in Rome in time for your afternoon cocktail. That is what it is all about.

550HP STSV
01-25-12, 11:33 AM
could get this anymore off topic? gizmo, clear em out and clean em up. I want to see pictures of STS here.

rodinoma
01-25-12, 11:37 AM
I am in Miami right now. When I get back to Europe Ill forward photos of the STS-V. Because of its clear tail lenses and amber turn signals it has a different look. It also has two rear fog lights where the grille is on the US version.

GizmoQ
01-25-12, 10:30 PM
could get this anymore off topic? gizmo, clear em out and clean em up. I want to see pictures of STS here.

You givin' orders now? :crowded:

550HP STSV
01-26-12, 08:36 AM
Sorry, just want the rules followed. Material like this needs to be taken to the lounge, not cluttering a nice SHOW US YOUR STS-V thread. Thanks

KingOfLacs
02-25-12, 07:37 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0863.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0863.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0862.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0862.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0851.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0851.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0850.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0850.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0861.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0861.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0859.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0859.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0857.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0857.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0852.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0852.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0849.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0849.jpg)

KingOfLacs
02-28-12, 01:29 AM
Had it sitting in the garage figured I'd do something with it just got the back up camera for shits and gigs

Zzapp
03-25-12, 06:47 PM
I'm in SoCal and I purchased my silver with black interior 07 STS-V 1/21/12 in Arizona. It had 52k on it. Now that I've satisfied Ca State DMV regs and had the car inspected and smog checked I started some mods. I installed D3 Stage I & II intake, and 160 degree thermostat. I installed a Dynomax exhaust system cats to tail pipe. I fab'd and installed the system in my drive-way. It was an all day project but the car sounds great however quiet. Exhaust parts include;

1. Dynomax 17553 Ultra flow X-muffler
2. Dynomax 17219 mufflers
2. Dynomax 24215 bullet mufflers
2. Cherry Bomb 577577 exhaust tips
1. Summit 670146 2.5 inch universal exhaust pipe kit

Misc hand tools a Mig welder and 20+ years of experience building and modifying cars.
I will post photos and youtube of exhaust as soon as i figure out how to do it.

550HP STSV
03-25-12, 08:08 PM
yikes....

Zzapp
03-25-12, 11:10 PM
Yeah Yikes I'm just gettin warmed up..... I already bought a D3 overdrive crank pulley (got it before I saw the info on TimmyC), and I'm waiting for my frozenboost heat exchanger and Jabsco coolant pump... should be here in a few days...

supercharged d
06-05-12, 09:05 PM
Wow i love my sts v im in newyork i must have the only one here because atleast once a day some random person is given me compliments or asking how fast it goes and its still stock just a stage 1 intake and a gibson exhaust . I love the fact that its so rare i wish their were others in nyc so we can go to meets and trade ideas

Forgoten214
06-05-12, 09:57 PM
Nice, how did u hook the subs up to the factory Bose system?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0863.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0863.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0862.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0862.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0851.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0851.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0850.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0850.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0861.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0861.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0859.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0859.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0857.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0857.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0852.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0852.jpg)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/th_IMG_0849.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/droppedwhips/?action=view&current=IMG_0849.jpg)

Dave G
06-12-12, 09:57 AM
I probably should have posted here first.

I just picked up a Light Platinum '06 V with 37k last week. It's a long story on how I got here - cliffs notes are:
I wanted a CTS-V.
Decided to save some coin.
Looked at less expensive cars.
Test drove an STS-V.
Didn't buy it - fear of the Northstar and still holding out for CTS-V
Waited and researched a few months.
Found cleaner, lower mileage STS-V.
Bought it.

Overall I'm very happy with it. I love the ride, the interior, the power. My plans are minimal - I've been down the modding road before and just want to keep this simple. Intake (Spectre or TimmyC), Wait4Me tune, lower it, tint and wheels.

I'll try to get some pics up soon but it looks like every other silver V right now :)

Vampyre
07-02-12, 05:45 PM
Hey All,
Just got my 2007 STS-V with 45K miles last week, it was a replacement for a Jaguar STR that got rear ended.

Love this STS-V, and have not looked back!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2007%20STS-V/2007STS-V.jpg

Forgoten214
07-03-12, 12:00 PM
Nice! Anymore pictures?

What do you think of the Jag as compared to this? I always wanted to see some XJR or XFR comparisons but have been afraid to ask.

Hey All,
Just got my 2007 STS-V with 45K miles last week, it was a replacement for a Jaguar STR that got rear ended.

Love this STS-V, and have not looked back!

Vampyre
07-03-12, 11:34 PM
well my Jaguar was a 2005 Jaguar S-Type R, with 400HP supercharged 4.2 liter, brembo brakes, nav, etc etc. I loved it, it was a great car, it was rare and it was fast, but compared to the 2007
STS-V, I would take the STS-V over the Jaguar, a few reasons, I like the larger trunk, I like the larger back seats, I like the Nav system better, and the ride is a little firmer, which I like.
Power also goes to the STS-V but not by much.

The Jaguar was great , but the STS-V is just better. Jaguar had a Cats systems for "Computer Active Technology Suspension", this controls the up and down movement of the wheel and can
limit and/or remove body roll, vs the STS-V's stabilitrak system. Both cars braked very well as both have brembo brakes. Interiors are both very nice, with the STS-V being slightly larger inside.

But I would take either car if I did not have the choice, given a choice I would get the STS-V

What I love about the STS-V, the power and sound of a V8, it is just amazing!
I am getting about 17.5 to 18.3 to work and back that is mixed highway and city, but I will state, I am gliding as much as possible to pull these numbers, I see a street light and know I am not
going to make it and I just left of the throttle and watch as this girl just keeps moving ... so I guess you could say I am hyper-mile'ing her.. LOL
Style of the STS-V is just amazing, I want to tint the windows, but that will come late this year.
Love the headlights and hood and grill work.

I'll get some better STS-V photos up once I get a chance to detail her this week.... It is a little dirty in these photos..

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2007%20STS-V/IMGP5717.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2007%20STS-V/STS-VLighs.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2007%20STS-V/STS-VCrest.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2007%20STS-V/STS-Vinside.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2007%20STS-V/STS-V3.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2007%20STS-V/STS-VBrembo.jpg

My Jag
If this is the wrong thread to put the Jaguar photos, mods please move or delete them, as I am still new here.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2005%20Jaguar%20S-Type%20R/IMGP3722.jpg

A few more Jaguar STR photos. ( don't want to display them all in this thread )
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2005%20Jaguar%20S-Type%20R/IMGP3573.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2005%20Jaguar%20S-Type%20R/IMGP3622.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2005%20Jaguar%20S-Type%20R/IMGP3650.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2005%20Jaguar%20S-Type%20R/IMGP3667.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/vampyrelegion/2005%20Jaguar%20S-Type%20R/IMGP3595.jpg

Forgoten214
07-04-12, 09:07 PM
Wow! Thanks for the pictures and insight on both cars.

Both are very beautiful, I've been considering a 2006 XJR myself. But I'm also kinda afraid of it's repair bill I hear they have electrical issues. I don't know much about Jags but I know some of the older models were really small on the interior side of things. That's a pretty big deciding factor for me, I need to be comfortable while driving to really love a car. Im hoping to test drive a XJR pretty soon the ones I've found are not really local and I definitely want Black/Black. I love the hood mascot as well.

Frescy
07-10-12, 01:55 AM
Hi

I am from switzerland, zurich!

I pick my Platinium with 15000 mls. is a 2010.

cheers from europe...

sandro

FamofV
08-08-12, 03:06 PM
I just picked up a Thunder gray, 2007 STS-V while vacationing in Vegas.
I had never driven one before but knew that I had to have one. These cars are awesome. Power galore, luxurious and smooth.

After I got it home I detailed it. Here are some pics

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/01mussl/100_4730.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/01mussl/100_4729.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/01mussl/100_4726.jpg

Forgoten214
08-08-12, 06:05 PM
I like the Grey. What's it like to drive so far?

I always wondered how these compared to the E55 AMG of same generation. Remarkably similar in terms of performance and price range.

I just picked up a Thunder gray, 2007 STS-V while vacationing in Vegas.
I had never driven one before but knew that I had to have one. These cars are awesome. Power galore, luxurious and smooth.

After I got it home I detailed it. Here are some pics

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/01mussl/100_4730.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/01mussl/100_4729.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/01mussl/100_4726.jpg

FamofV
08-08-12, 11:50 PM
The car is a blast to drive. It feels big yet powerful. The ride is smooth and the brakes are fantastic. Its has some blind spots I'm still getting used to. Other than that, I feel like I'm driving in a personalized office given that it has an abundance of gadgets that can be taylored to your liking.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/01mussl/100_4728.jpg

Forgoten214
08-09-12, 04:28 AM
Nice, I like your saying "Personalized office".

I assume it has a lot of blind spots I haven't driven a STS or CTS from this generation yet myself. It does have a massive C Pillar.

The brakes are standard? I think they are in house Cadillac brakes if I'm not mistaken.

The car is a blast to drive. It feels big yet powerful. The ride is smooth and the brakes are fantastic. Its has some blind spots I'm still getting used to. Other than that, I feel like I'm driving in a personalized office given that it has an abundance of gadgets that can be taylored to your liking.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/01mussl/100_4728.jpg

FamofV
08-09-12, 02:42 PM
STS-v's come with Brembo brakes.

Forgoten214
08-09-12, 02:44 PM
Thanks, I wasn't sure if they were or not.

STS-v's come with Brembo brakes.

m1jones
09-02-12, 02:49 PM
Another new guy here! Been trying to join the forums for months now but was having registration issues that never got resolved.

Bought my 07 in April with 50k on it. I work in a pre-owned dealer in Massachusetts and we stole this car on a trade and there was no way I was gonna let it pass me by. Can you believe someone traded this car in for an 05 GTO with an Automatic transmission??? I absolutely love this car. The only thing that could make me love it more is if it was black. This is the only car I've ever owned that wasn't. I have the Spectre intake and Euro tails, it's tinted 15% all around :shhh:, not much else planned except for a Magnaflow setup and a tune. I'm also thinking of painting the roof black. :thumbsup: It's in amazing condition inside and out I couldn't ask for any better

Anyways glad to be here. Hope to learn a lot more about this awesome machine!

Forgoten214
09-02-12, 05:38 PM
Beautiful, welcome to the forums.

Another new guy here! Been trying to join the forums for months now but was having registration issues that never got resolved.

Bought my 07 in April with 50k on it. I work in a pre-owned dealer in Massachusetts and we stole this car on a trade and there was no way I was gonna let it pass me by. Can you believe someone traded this car in for an 05 GTO with an Automatic transmission??? I absolutely love this car. The only thing that could make me love it more is if it was black. This is the only car I've ever owned that wasn't. I have the Spectre intake and Euro tails, it's tinted 15% all around :shhh:, not much else planned except for a Magnaflow setup and a tune. I'm also thinking of painting the roof black. :thumbsup: It's in amazing condition inside and out I couldn't ask for any better

Anyways glad to be here. Hope to learn a lot more about this awesome machine!

ChurchSTSV
12-18-12, 02:51 PM
New one here! Picked up a Silver 07 with 63k on it from Lake Havasu City Arizona. The car is in near perfect condition. It came with the Euro tails and two sets of keys! I got an extended warranty and everything i wanted! I am planning on an intake and cat-back with this car and thats it. I spent way to much time and money on my GTO and was petrified it wouldn't be taken in as trade due to its lack of cats. (They didn't ask, i didn't tell.)

FourFather
01-13-13, 09:52 PM
Hi, All,

I'm a recovering Top Fuel driver, and recently bought this Silver '06 STS-V from a fellow Texan, and am absolutely loving it!

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/FourFather/Cadillac%20STS-V%20Supercharged/004_zps6efc3e29.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/FourFather/Cadillac%20STS-V%20Supercharged/002_zps9f959985.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/FourFather/Cadillac%20STS-V%20Supercharged/2013113CadillacSTS-V002.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/FourFather/Cadillac%20STS-V%20Supercharged/2013113CadillacSTS-V005.jpg

It has some sportier stablemates,

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/FourFather/IMG_0045.jpg

but the STS-V is a wonderful daily driver!

Thanks for looking!

Eddie :D

FamofV
01-16-13, 08:24 PM
Those are some nice toys including the V.

parkeraire
01-17-13, 06:51 AM
Thanks for looking!

Eddie

Is this Eddie Hill by any chance?[COLOR="Silver"]

FourFather
01-17-13, 01:56 PM
Yes, sir, retired top fuel car and boat owner/tuner/driver, now road racing (and dealer for) Ariel Atoms. Huge fun and no working required on the cars!

Eddie :D

Thanks for looking!

Eddie

Is this Eddie Hill by any chance?[COLOR="Silver"]

parkeraire
01-18-13, 06:58 AM
Wow! Very cool to see someone with your expertise and knowledge on this forum. It makes me that much prouder to be a v owner.
I have seen alot about the atoms, they look amazing. Would love to add one to the stable one day, maybe after the kids finish school.Anyway it is an honor to have you on the forum sir. Have a blessed day.

FourFather
01-18-13, 11:11 AM
Thank you, parkeraire! :D

06 STS Rob
01-19-13, 06:45 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102665&stc=1&d=1358638742

Here is a picture of my "new to me" 08-V that I traded up from my 06 standard STS to... All stock for now with chrome wheels. Under 50k miles and still smells like leather when I open the doors :D

WOW!!! Eddie Hill, I grew up watching you race! Thanks for showing us your "other" wheels.

ITL Cobra
01-23-13, 11:05 AM
Hello All -
I just picked up this 06 with 12k on the clock... So far I love it, not to happy about the brakes, with the noise and dust. Just waiting for D3 to re-stock the lowering kit so I can bring it down a little.

PGA2B
01-23-13, 08:01 PM
ITL CObra,

Nice looking V. Now you need to take off the GM Chicklets..........

Guy.Seminerio
02-23-13, 12:38 AM
Just picked up a 2009 STS-V. Just hit 50K miles. Love it. Pics to follow.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-25-13, 01:51 PM
Congratulations, Guy.Seminerio! We're looking forward to pictures!
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

Ludacrisvp
02-28-13, 08:14 AM
Just picked up a 2009 STS-V. Just hit 50K miles. Love it. Pics to follow.
09 ... i want to say that is a very rare one.

According to wikipedia:

STS-V Production Numbers
2006 - 1,306 Total - 55 were exported to various countries
2007 - 642 Total - 65 were exported to various countries
2008 - 459 Total - 32 were exported to various countries
2009 - 96 total - 4 were exported to Gulf States (BAHRAIN,OMAN,QATAR,UAE)
Total productuion 2,503 Units

Guy.Seminerio
03-09-13, 01:04 AM
yeah I've seen those numbers. I'm in NC right now and I was looking for a STS-V, preferably 2008+, but wasn't expecting to find an 09 less than 2 hours away. really sweetened the deal. I want to do you one better and say that of the 92 left that weren't exported, 2 were sold to canadians. SO 90 sold in the states. I believe I saw that info somewhere on one of these forums.

Nimoch
03-19-13, 09:44 PM
HI everyone! New owner of a black 06 STS-V; did the muffler delete but all else is stock. Can't wait to jump into the forums and research, research, research! Was looking at M5's for almost a year but this car came along and I jumped!

theotherguyssn
03-27-13, 10:24 PM
going to get my 06 sts-v in two days so excited about picking it up had it narrowed down to 04-07 cts-v or sts-v just couldn't find any sts's around then one popped up on autotrader got for 18800 with 80k black raven with black interior cant wait to drive it home!! anybody have any d3 stage 2 intake or the tuner module called them but said they were both on back order!!

eatonup1
04-11-13, 02:58 AM
06 Black Raven with two-tone red/grey int. and sunroof. Stage 1 and 2 Spectre intake, gutted cats, custom Magnaflow exhaust, upgraded drilled/slotted rotors, hawk racing pads. I now have 103k easy (yeah right) miles on the clock...was my daily driver up to a year ago! GREAT CAR!

SugsPa
06-03-13, 08:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2008 STS-V which my wife and I bought in December of 08. It was a GM Executive car and had 19K miles on it when we purchased it. I rarely drive it and neither does my wife. Seems like every time I set down in it I learn something new about it. One thing I do know for sure about it is it is wicked fast. I don't know much about all the electronic gadgets on it or how they work, but I do know when you nail the gas pedal it will pin you to the seat. A hoot to drive!!!! Oh, I wanted to add it has the red and black interior. A person before us walked away from it because it didn't have solid black interior. It was perfect for us.

SugsPa

carter's_sts
06-03-13, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the site. They are fun for sure.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-13, 11:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2008 STS-V which my wife and I bought in December of 08. It was a GM Executive car and had 19K miles on it when we purchased it. I rarely drive it and neither does my wife. Seems like every time I set down in it I learn something new about it. One thing I do know for sure about it is it is wicked fast. I don't know much about all the electronic gadgets on it or how they work, but I do know when you nail the gas pedal it will pin you to the seat. A hoot to drive!!!! Oh, I wanted to add it has the red and black interior. A person before us walked away from it because it didn't have solid black interior. It was perfect for us.

SugsPa

Hello SugsPa and welcome to the forum! This is a great way to interact with other Cadillac owners and lovers. Glad to know this vehicle is perfect for you and your wife. I bet the V is a hoot to drive! Continue to enjoy :)

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

harvey709
06-20-13, 12:53 AM
Traded in my 2011 STS for a 2007 STS-V. As you all know they're hard to find. I'll post a photo soon. The car is a lot of fun to drive. No problems, no regrets.

parkeraire
06-20-13, 06:53 AM
Hi Harvey, Welcome to the forum. I think you will find it a great place for knowledge and some gofast parts too. glad to have you on board.:D

Nimoch
06-20-13, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the boards Harvey! There are many knowledgeable people here concerning the new misses. :)

TACAMO
06-29-13, 02:46 PM
Traded in my 2011 STS for a 2007 STS-V. As you all know they're hard to find. I'll post a photo soon. The car is a lot of fun to drive. No problems, no regrets.

Horry sheet. How was that for you? 2011... thats the 2nd generation one right? Is the interior just the same or better?

RockPASTS-V
07-24-13, 08:09 AM
I purchased a 2006 STS-V earlier this year. It is a second car for me and not a daily driver. Garage kept. I recently had an issue and I'm looking for some guidance as I dig into my first situation with the car. Radio and Navigation went down and four days later battery is dead. My first plan is a jump start to confirm battery dead and then to replace battery. Is this a bad decision for a rookie mechanic?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-24-13, 12:26 PM
I purchased a 2006 STS-V earlier this year. It is a second car for me and not a daily driver. Garage kept. I recently had an issue and I'm looking for some guidance as I dig into my first situation with the car. Radio and Navigation went down and four days later battery is dead. My first plan is a jump start to confirm battery dead and then to replace battery. Is this a bad decision for a rookie mechanic?

Hello RockPASTS-V,

I am sorry for any trouble you are experiencing with your vehicle.I see that you are looking for advice from other forum members in regards to this matter. If you would like to further discuss any concerns or issues, please reach out to us via private message.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

iLuvEasy
10-03-13, 07:24 PM
I just purchased my 2006 Balck STS-V a month ago. It had 2 previous owners only 60K on the miles got for $20k. The fastest thing I ever drove. Awesome car.