: Horn honking hood ornament

For Sale
02-24-06, 05:57 PM
Just curious if this was an option on the 93-39 FWB i have owned 2 1993 fleetwoods and a 1994 fleetwood. On one if my 1993 FWB when you moved the hood ornament back and forth it honked the horn on the car, i guess to prevent someone from stealing it. I have never seen this on another one . Is it rare or I was thinking it may be something only cars from the U.S. have , as I am from Canada. Thanks in advance.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-24-06, 06:01 PM
I think those were a dealer installed option. I have not seen any mention of it in any of my brochures. But a friend of mine had it on his 1990 Sedan deVille.

N0DIH
02-24-06, 06:07 PM
I still like the version I want to build, connect the hood ornament up to an ignition coil that is in saturation, so when someone grabs it, then it flysback and nails them with 50KV....

CoupeDevilleRob
02-24-06, 07:04 PM
I've never heard of that but it sounds cool. Sounds like an aftermarket alarm feature or something like that. I like the electrocution idea even better, mess with my Caddy and you're gonna get hurt.

eldorado99
02-24-06, 11:52 PM
One of the members on here has it, I can't remember who... maybe he'll show up, it was the guy who named his Caddy "Cruella" I remember that much. He posted a video of his nephew or son or something leaning on it and it honked. Pretty cool!

PS: Hello there neighbour! I'm about half an hour away from you! (South East Langley)

brougham
02-25-06, 12:33 AM
It's something aftermarket. A friend of mine has a Cadillac that has it. He took it off and didn't want it so he gave it to me but I think there are some parts missing and I didn't try it yet so I dont know if it works.

DopeStar 156
02-25-06, 01:31 AM
I most definitely want one and simply can't find one.... They're elusive little things....

The Ape Man
02-25-06, 10:55 AM
I still like the version I want to build, connect the hood ornament up to an ignition coil that is in saturation, so when someone grabs it, then it flysback and nails them with 50KV....

If the hood ornament is used to parallel the horn pad and it isn't bypassed by a capacitor or shunted with a diode it will already give quite a nice inductive kick from the relay coil itself. This stuff is best left to older cars without ECM's and other stuff but you could even replace the horn relay with some other types that would make the kick quite potent.

N0DIH
02-25-06, 01:07 PM
You would have to make sure you had it overriden when car is on, else when you went through a car wash it could be an enlightening experience....

gdwriter
02-25-06, 03:37 PM
One of the members on here has it, I can't remember who... maybe he'll show up, it was the guy who named his Caddy "Cruella" I remember that much. He posted a video of his nephew or son or something leaning on it and it honked. Pretty cool!

That was me. I was told by some other, more knowledgable members that it's a dealer accessory, not factory OEM. I recently bought a new hood ornament on eBay because all the color was faded out on mine. It fit perfectly, but the setup underneath is different and I have to figure out how to set up the horn alarm again.

96-deville-man
02-27-06, 03:51 PM
My 96 deville has it. looks to be stock but wasnt hooked up. I hooked it up the my air horns check out the video.
http://media.putfile.com/horn-honk

mharker
03-03-06, 11:14 PM
So where can we buy one of these? Can't find anything on the net.

I want one for my Roadmaster. Anyone know????

creeker
03-04-06, 02:56 PM
Just curious if this was an option on the 93-39 FWB i have owned 2 1993 fleetwoods and a 1994 fleetwood. On one if my 1993 FWB when you moved the hood ornament back and forth it honked the horn on the car, i guess to prevent someone from stealing it. I have never seen this on another one . Is it rare or I was thinking it may be something only cars from the U.S. have , as I am from Canada. Thanks in advance.

I had one on my 1992 eldorado, I live in Canada too.car came Dueck's.