: WOW I've never been so unsatisfied with a dealer.

nikon
02-24-06, 03:40 PM
Well I guess I can just add to your guy's frustrations. I bought my car 2 weeks ago, loved it, still do. then the sail panels in the rear of the car became detached, ok pissed off. but whatever, so I get my stack of TSB's thanks reed and head on over to the dealer, the moron wouldnt take the tsb's saying he wasnt aloud to do so...ok whatever, my list of problems

-rear sail panels detached <---parts ordered
-difficult to go into reverse <---oh this is a good one
-wheel hop tsb <---parts ordered
-nav radio has a pixel burnt out and the buttons are wearing off<---parts ordered
-tsb for alarm not being turned on<---done
-rims loosing their luster on inside of spoke on ALL 4 RIMS! same place too<--REFERED TO USED CAR DEPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
-tsb for clutch pedal staying on the floor on high rpm shifts<---could not duplicate ARGH!!! READ THE TSB!!!
-whine coming from the rear end <---could not duplicate BS!!
-and a reprogram recall<----4 days to get that done

so ya 4 days to order parts and do the reprogram recall

oh ya and as for being difficult to go into reverse, I call my service advisor up the next day, he says good thing you brought it in because now IT WONT EVEN GO INTO REVERSE, wow I think to myself I got lucky....ya, NO I pick it up and the moron says oh ya about that he just didnt know reverse was all the way over to the right, his pickup trucks shifter is all the way over on the left so he got confused....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!

so after ranting to the service manager and GM rep for a while I'm finally getting somewhere, I get to pick a new service advisor since they already have the parts coming, and eh ya.....what an experience, so are there any other dealers besides maroone in the west palm/ palm beach gardens area....c'mon florida peeps help me out.

urbanski
02-24-06, 04:06 PM
the inside of the spokes and inside of the rim aren't painted to the same degree as the outside of the spokes.

nikon
02-24-06, 04:08 PM
the inside of the spokes and inside of the rim aren't painted to the same degree as the outside of the spokes.

well I guess that would explain the problem, nevertheless, he tried refering me to the used car department.....gimme a break, I've never had problems like this before.

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-24-06, 07:17 PM
I'm lovin' my V and can deal with the couple of annoyance flaws, but quality service would sure make it easier. So far, my service dept is some of the worst I've ever had.....I had a constant vibration induced rattle under the car - took it to the dealer 3 times - each time they told me they fixed a support or band. Still had the noise so I slid under the car and found a loose band on the cat. I wedged a nut under it and the problem was addressed. Took it back for a final fix....their fix was to cut the loose band off.....that's it no replacement, now I have one....I sometimes think I'm more concerned about these guys having jobs than they are...

CVP33
02-24-06, 10:13 PM
Just another thread I'm not allowed to post in.

ace996
02-25-06, 12:28 AM
phucktards....

wildwhl
02-25-06, 02:07 AM
CVP you can't post here :tisk:

How has it gone with the mopar service visits (had any?)

Gotta love competent service writers/managers :rant2:

CVP33
02-25-06, 12:47 PM
CVP you can't post here :tisk:

How has it gone with the mopar service visits (had any?)

Gotta love competent service writers/managers :rant2:

You're going to love this. I took the SRT-8 back in because the chin spoiler was detaching itself. Upon inspection there was no "sticky adhesive" left on the 3M strip. Easy fix right? Well they ordered a new one, which is cool. Then when I picked up the car I got a lecture from my salesman of all people regarding how low the car sits and that I should be careful. I explained that from his tone I can only guess you believe I've hit something with the vehicle is this correct? Major back pedaling since there was obviously no scratch, dent or other and I'd already laid the ground work with the Service Manager that the spoiler was improperly installed. Strike one for the Salesman.

I also brought up the squealing brakes and grooved rotors and the TSB. Well guess what? "Unable to duplicate". I must admit I just laughed. I resolved that I will wait until about 10,000 miles and then demand the new rotors and pads as per the TSB, thus extending their lifespan another 10,000 miles. Strike one Service Department (but not really)

Obviously I'm still in the afterglow of a new purchase so perspective is difficult right now. Love the car so far, like the dealer, but smart enough to know it's not the first month, it's the last month you own it that matters.

BTW - Go check out my grille and emblem mod pix. Of course you'll hate 'em. That's the idea!

SoCadillac
02-25-06, 07:24 PM
You're going to love this. I took the SRT-8 back in because the chin spoiler was detaching itself. Upon inspection there was no "sticky adhesive" left on the 3M strip. Easy fix right? Well they ordered a new one, which is cool. Then when I picked up the car I got a lecture from my salesman of all people regarding how low the car sits and that I should be careful. I explained that from his tone I can only guess you believe I've hit something with the vehicle is this correct? Major back pedaling since there was obviously no scratch, dent or other and I'd already laid the ground work with the Service Manager that the spoiler was improperly installed. Strike one for the Salesman.
Road & Track commented on this issue as they said the chin was a major PITA and expensive since they could not drive anywhere without F'n it up. That was their major complaint with your ride.

"For the first 10,000 miles we've encountered no problems other than one--the front end. It's so low that drivers are forced to enter driveways at an angle and avoid any type of off-road excursion. We've replaced the front underbody once, but we fear it's going to be a reoccurring theme."