: Magazine Review CTS-V vs. M5 Cool article

dannystang
02-24-06, 02:12 PM
http://www.windingroad.com/download?issue=8

I had to put an email to download..I put my real email but a fake one works as you don't have to authenticate it...

It has alot of cool articles but I thought CTS-V vs. M5 would interest you guys...

Maybe someone wants to link PDF...Free online magazine..

trekster
02-24-06, 02:13 PM
Thanks,
Gilbert

ctsvett
02-24-06, 02:30 PM
I'll PDF and host... give me a minute..

Reed

ctsvett
02-24-06, 02:39 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/reviews/windingroad-ctsv-vs-m5.pdf

Just the 3 pages that you need..

Reed

04CTSVFLA
02-24-06, 03:08 PM
Great article. Fairly compared the two cars.

Koooop
02-24-06, 03:09 PM
The end sums it up "but the CTS-V is more fun".

That is a true statement about the V vs. so many cars.

It's just more fun to drive.

kjr39
02-24-06, 03:18 PM
Good article.

I tell ya. Say what you want, but this car is fantastic.

rand49er
02-24-06, 07:43 PM
Good article.

I tell ya. Say what you want, but this car is fantastic...................................:yeah:

MacOSR
02-24-06, 08:59 PM
"but the CTS-V is more fun"

Given the chance, I would imagine that the vast majority of members here that are true car enthusiasts would take an M5 over the CTS-V. However, this really is a dumb comparison. $92k vs $52k...not a small difference.

I think the statement "but the CTS-V is more fun" comes from the fact that it does take more involvement to get a similar level of performance from the CTS-V. "You barely notice the speed between 60 and 90" is more accurate then you can imagine in the M5. In a way, this makes the M5 less involved driving it...same can be said for the new Z06.

There is a whole different thrill level when talking about the M5. The article also brings this to light..."I am reminded of the otherworldly high-speed conrol of the F430." This is completely accurate.

Bottom line...the CTS-V should NOT even be compared to the M5...they aren't in the same market segment.

BTW...I would love to have an F430 ;) My wife would kill me :stirpot:

Seattle CTS-V
02-24-06, 09:00 PM
Nice article! The fact that they DID compare the two just speaks volumes for the V, IMHO. I think I'll go for a drive right now!

CVP33
02-24-06, 09:08 PM
Great article.

Jschmank
02-24-06, 09:33 PM
Great article. Everything being equal, yes it would be great to drive an M5. But think about insurance, maintenance, door dings, wife or kids driving occassionally, parking at work, and spending most of your driving day under 4000 rpms and 100 mph, etc, etc. I'll take the V.

ILoveMyV
02-24-06, 09:48 PM
Nice article! The fact that they DID compare the two just speaks volumes for the V, IMHO!

Yeap, that is exactly what I was thinking!

:burn:

Koooop
02-24-06, 10:01 PM
"but the CTS-V is more fun"

Given the chance, I would imagine that the vast majority of members here that are true car enthusiasts would take an M5 over the CTS-V. However, this really is a dumb comparison. $92k vs $52k...not a small difference.

I think the statement "but the CTS-V is more fun" comes from the fact that it does take more involvement to get a similar level of performance from the CTS-V. "You barely notice the speed between 60 and 90" is more accurate then you can imagine in the M5. In a way, this makes the M5 less involved driving it...same can be said for the new Z06.

There is a whole different thrill level when talking about the M5. The article also brings this to light..."I am reminded of the otherworldly high-speed conrol of the F430." This is completely accurate.

Bottom line...the CTS-V should NOT even be compared to the M5...they aren't in the same market segment.

BTW...I would love to have an F430 ;) My wife would kill me :stirpot:

That may be true but in my case, I could have an M, I did have an M, I don't have and M. (the maintenance was a beeyyyaaattch)

For a sedan the V is a party to drive, it's engaging.

I put my V next to a new M5 at a car show a few weeks ago, the proud M owner opened his hood (my car was dirty but I opened my hood to). People walked up, looked at the engine in the M and then walked up to the V and started pointing and getting excited saying "look! AN LS6, AN LS6". No such response on the M, the proud M owner just kept backing away disgusted.

lasstss
02-25-06, 12:34 AM
So true, One thing GM has always had is performance product identity that is generally known to the masses.

409,427,396, 454,LS-1/LS-6 /L-88 People generally recognize this as serious shiznit!

BMW is a great car. No identity.... so far except in specific venues. M series, yea a few people know about it. Not near as many as the GM stuff regardless of reputation. Its like Harley.. and thats another story.