: Totaled Car:( Sideskirts 4 sale!!!

STIENMETZCATERA
02-23-06, 11:27 PM
(I'm firm on $300, for lowest offer)
Here's the link with pix on the car..
www.cardomain.com/id/ghostlac

here's the story on the accident:

keep in mind, i was going to get my new car at 5:00pm that day, it happened at 12:45pm (also my 1st day driving it after being in the shop for almost a week)

Ok, i was on my way home to drop the car off, because something was wrong with it. So im on the pike and all of a sudden, 2 crown victoria's pull out in front of me and go flying down the direction im going. The speed limit is 35mph i believe, they were doing around 75-90 maybe, i was going around 45-50mph, the all of a sudden, i see a PG cop going the opposite direction, he see's them, looks twice, then looks me right in the face, then slams on the brakes and turns the car around. I already know he was going to pull me over since i was somewhat speeding and he probably knew he couldnt catch the 2 vics. So as i move my attention back to the road, a car stops short infront of me, so i swerve in the direction of my turn, light on the brakes, then suddenly notice that my turn was 10 times closer than i though, so now i go full out pressure on the brakes, with my wheel cut in the direction of the turn. The wheels lock-up, slide, i DEMOLISHED the first curb, which blew my front 2 tires and broke my front driver side rim, went somewhat airborn, landed on a slope, the continued up the slope, once i got to the peak of it, the car went airborn again, back wheels didnt leave the ground, they hit another curb at the edge of the parking lot that i was now in, and both of my back two tire burst. I then landed and came to a stop after hitting a parked toyota.

The police said, since i was nice and cooperative, he only gave me 1 ticket and a $120 fine with 3 points, instead of possibly 5 tickets, close to $400 fine and up to 6 points.

Now for the pix, keep in my, it is WAS worse then it looks, the motor is sitting alot lower(in other words, it almost dropped out)

Copy and paste in address box:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/5216054840.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/5216045446.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/5216015987.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/5215592614.jpg&s=x402

ondale
02-24-06, 02:42 AM
Ouch, So sorry. That really sucks.
You had a sweet ride there. Are you giving it up? Or like Steve Majors (aka $6millions dollar man).... "We can rebuild it,...make it better"
You can always check out www.car-parts.com they have lots of Catera parts to help rebuild your beauty. Best of luck

gixxer_751
02-24-06, 09:58 AM
would you sell you cup holder?

STIENMETZCATERA
02-24-06, 04:12 PM
The car is totaled, no point in rebuilding. would cost more than the car is worth. But i do want to own another one before i pass. Great car, i will miss it :(.

Yes, i would sell it, throw a price out there... and do you need the whole inner armrest or just the holder?

ALSO, THE CATERA "SPORT" WING IS FOR SALE (NOT THE HIGH ONE, THE LOW PROFILE ONE) NO LOWER THAN $115

gixxer_751
02-24-06, 05:44 PM
The car is totaled, no point in rebuilding. would cost more than the car is worth. But i do want to own another one before i pass. Great car, i will miss it :(.

Yes, i would sell it, throw a price out there... and do you need the whole inner armrest or just the holder?

ALSO, THE CATERA "SPORT" WING IS FOR SALE (NOT THE HIGH ONE, THE LOW PROFILE ONE) NO LOWER THAN $115

i just need the inner cup holder part, how much do you want for it??... do you have a paypal account? Also the rear led 3 brake light, would you part that out?

ondale
02-25-06, 03:26 AM
gixxer_751... dude, the guy lost his favorite car and you are asking for the scrap parts already??
He had a nice ride and now it's gone. All he has left is the wreckage, a worthless title, insurance adjustors, and a ticket from officer friendly. That sucks.
Let the guy morn his loss before the vultures pick at the corpse.....................................

Hey STIENMETZCATERA would you sell me the Climate Control unit, the AC Delco Factory 12 CD changer in the trunk, the 3rd brake light, the black plastic lugnut covers????

Just trying to add a little humor to the thread. :)

STIENMETZCATERA if you are going to part out the car, email me. I could use a few things. You'll find parting out the car will bring more money in that the actual value of the car itself. Maybe you can make enough parting it out to have a nice down payment for a 2001 Catera Sport. A very suitable replacement with fewer bugs.

STIENMETZCATERA
02-25-06, 07:20 PM
lol, ondale, thanks for the concern, but no offense was taken. For the cup holder i wont rape your pockets,$20 NEGO maybe. Third brake light, im unsure. Because i sold the car to the insurance company . the dealer was going to give me $3800 for a trade in. the Insurance company is giving me $6700. so im not stripping it, just taking off non-noticeable parts. so i can try the brake light and climate control,didnt have a cd changer though :(

ondale
02-25-06, 10:26 PM
STIENMETZCATERA, email me at Chicagoeric809@aol.com, Great news that insurance will give you a nice settlement. A few extra bucks and you can get a 2001 Catera Sport.

The climate unit would be tough to take out without the insurance noticing. However, the black plastic lugnut covers would not be noticed. Email me and we will work out a deal. Thanks.

STIENMETZCATERA
02-26-06, 05:58 PM
i could get those lug covers

Cat-a-Tonic
02-26-06, 07:50 PM
Stien',

Sounds like you had a hairy ride! One question that I alway wonder, since I totaled my '73 Charger in '74?. Did you feel the car kept you from earning your 'wings'? Glad you're okay!
Hummmm, since the insurance co. now owns the cat, I guess you didn't notice if you lost the left and right hand covers for the rad cowling?
email < jerryo@bmts.com>

JerryO

gixxer_751
02-26-06, 10:18 PM
lol, ondale, thanks for the concern, but no offense was taken. For the cup holder i wont rape your pockets,$20 NEGO maybe. Third brake light, im unsure. Because i sold the car to the insurance company . the dealer was going to give me $3800 for a trade in. the Insurance company is giving me $6700. so im not stripping it, just taking off non-noticeable parts. so i can try the brake light and climate control,didnt have a cd changer though :(

STIENMETZCATERA, ill take the cup holder for $20, if you still have them up for grabs? do you have a paypal account?:worship: by the way, id hate to kick you when your down, but the cat sucks without cup holders.. i have to hold the 24oz. in between my legs:alchi:

ondale
02-26-06, 10:25 PM
STIENMETZCATERA, let me know how to handle payment for the lug covers. I can pay immediately with paypal, or send you a money order. I truly appreciate it, they will complete the look on my chrome rims.

Just shoot me an email at Chicagoeric809@aol.com.
I don't have enough posts to send you a private message.

gixxer_751
02-27-06, 09:14 AM
STIENMETZCATERA, let me know how to handle payment for the lug covers. I can pay immediately with paypal, or send you a money order. I truly appreciate it, they will complete the look on my chrome rims.

Just shoot me an email at Chicagoeric809@aol.com.
I don't have enough posts to send you a private message.

Damn, is that why i cant post a avatar, because the lack of posts?:confused:

silentkiller19
02-27-06, 12:28 PM
i would love to have your speaker covers, sent me an e-mail if they are for sale :worship:

ondale
02-27-06, 05:43 PM
silentkiller19, check out STIENMETZCATERA post regarding parting out
"the Insurance company is giving me $6700. so im not stripping it, just taking off non-noticeable parts....."

I think speaker covers inside the vehicle would not qualify as non-noticeable. Butwho knows, STIENMETZCATERA will get alot of requests from all of us fellow Catera owners who know how expensive parts are on the car.

STIENMETZCATERA
02-27-06, 06:51 PM
silentkiller19, check out STIENMETZCATERA post regarding parting out
"the Insurance company is giving me $6700. so im not stripping it, just taking off non-noticeable parts....."

I think speaker covers inside the vehicle would not qualify as non-noticeable. Butwho knows, STIENMETZCATERA will get alot of requests from all of us fellow Catera owners who know how expensive parts are on the car.

lol. Sadly, its out of my possession now. The "man" came to get as i was taking off one last part.

SOOOO.......... i Have those headlight fixture covers, 14 out of 20 lug nut covers in fair-good condition, short ram intake, wing & sideskirts (both prices are nego. now "wing=$120 nego.,Sideskirts= $300 nego.)

I found out which scrap yard its getting towed to, so i might make a trip there and get some more things off by request. I'll keep you all posted on any info ;)

liv2wrshp
02-27-06, 08:31 PM
Hey, do you have the little change holder from the drivers side door? I need one of those. You can email me at takai@rmconline.net

STIENMETZCATERA
02-28-06, 08:03 AM
Hey, do you have the little change holder from the drivers side door? I need one of those. You can email me at takai@rmconline.net

omg i was going to take that out too!!!! But i didnt think anyone would need it. I try to get it when i go to the scrap yard

ondale
02-28-06, 04:19 PM
SteinmetzCatera.. when you get a chance, drop me an email at ChicagoEric809@aol.com, besides the lugnut plastic covers, I may be interested in the side skirts. I assume the side skirts are painted the factory black color. I have the 1997 Black on Black Catera, and want to make sure I do not have to pay anything additional to get them color matched from the local shop that would install them

Lord Cadillac
02-28-06, 06:13 PM
Please use our Classified system to sell cars/parts..

Thank you...