: I can see I'm not welcome here anymore so....

CVP33
02-23-06, 07:59 PM
I can see I'm not welcome here anymore so screw it, I'm staying!

roadracerx72
02-23-06, 08:02 PM

Good for you. And one more thing, you spelled "down" wrong on your signature. :rolleyes:

Florian
02-23-06, 08:03 PM
BEAT IT MOPAR BOY!!!!!

j/k Love that fact that youre still here. Too bad you now know what the rear of a V looks like while driving....

F

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:04 PM
Good for you. And one more thing, you spelled "down" wrong on your signature. :rolleyes:

It's not my signature, it's my credo. And for the record you spelled your screen name wrong, "roadhopperx72". I've been there man, I feel for ya'. :yawn:

kjr39
02-23-06, 08:06 PM
I gotta admit, I really don't get why you are staying.

But, I really don't care that you stay

/wonders why you felt the need to post this....

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:06 PM
BEAT IT MOPAR BOY!!!!!

j/k Love that fact that youre still here. Too bad you now know what the rear of a V looks like while driving....

F

You should see 'em hop. :eek: I usually back off just to avoid shrapnel.

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:09 PM
I gotta admit, I really don't get why you are staying.

But, I really don't care that you stay

/wonders why you felt the need to post this....

I was falling too far behind WW in useless posts and knew this would give me an excuse to answer every post with a witty retort. Damnit, did I just say that out loud? Now they're on to me. :stirpot:

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-23-06, 08:11 PM
People are in the forum who have not yet bought a V, so what's not to welcome about a dude who has owned one?

10secvette
02-23-06, 08:12 PM
Here I'm thinking...."what a pvzzy"

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:12 PM
People are in the forum who have not yet bought a V, so what's not to welcome about a dude who has owned one?

Double damn. Can't think of anything funny to reply with. I've met my match. Curse you Ziplicon Tuesday! :want:

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:15 PM
Here I'm thinking...."what a pvzzy"

LOL. From my bannings on Edmunds and LS1TECH you know better than that. :thumbsup:

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-23-06, 08:15 PM
Hey you know how it is....wasn't it you suggesting people should reach out?

GT04CTS-V
02-23-06, 08:16 PM
:grouphug:

roadracerx72
02-23-06, 08:17 PM
Happier times with Can't Validate Purchase 33...

CIWS
02-23-06, 08:18 PM
http://www.ciws.net/ctsv/stopthisspam.jpg

;)

My jack and stands better arrive from Sears tomorrow or it's all your fault...

AmesCTS-V
02-23-06, 08:19 PM
I'm glad you are sticking around. I like other opinions and I don't mind a little arguing among friends.

I would say I don’t get the constant SRT8 is better than the V stuff. The way most of us spend money on our V’s I’d say it’s a safe bet we could get SRT8’s if we wanted them. Some of us don’t feel like we are sitting on a time bomb and don’t care to be told over and over that we are. I’m driving what I want to drive. I’m glad you got rid of a car you don’t like and got one you do, but that doesn’t mean all V’s have problems.

Barak
02-23-06, 08:21 PM
Though I don't agree with your latest sig, I'm glad that you're still around.:thumbsup: You always make me laugh!

Staxxin
02-23-06, 08:21 PM
I'm glad you're staying.... :highfive: One day we need to meet up so you can tell my how my V looks driving away from the plush seat of an SRT8 :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Just keeping the love strong :bouncy:

2004ctsv
02-23-06, 08:23 PM
Hey Chris - was that a Dodge Dart or Plymouth Valiant you bought?

I loved those push button transmissions. My grandmother had one.

T

roadracerx72
02-23-06, 08:24 PM
I'm glad you are sticking around. I like other opinions and I don't mind a little arguing among friends.

I would say I donít get the constant SRT8 is better than the V stuff. The way most of us spend money on our Vís Iíd say itís a safe bet we could get SRT8ís if we wanted them. Some of us donít feel like we are sitting on a time bomb and donít care to be told over and over that we are. Iím driving what I want to drive. Iím glad you got rid of a car you donít like and got one you do, but that doesnít mean all Vís have problems.

:yeah: If there were no V's in the world, I would consider what CVP33 is driving now.

ctsvett
02-23-06, 08:27 PM
New Forum rule:

Members of this board cannot own a Mopar and have the first name "chris." Those that violate this rule we will banned..

Just kidding. I welcome your sarcastic witty diarrhea of the fingers/keyboard. as long as you dont over do it... (check your signature- Just a funny joke))

Reed

DILLIGAF
02-23-06, 08:29 PM
Keep hanging around here,I don't ever see you in the charger forums.Its boring over there.

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:32 PM
Happier times with Can't Validate Purchase 33...

What a couple of knuckle heads. Bush and Saddam btw. Actually you are right to assume my screen name is an acronym but actually it stands for:

CTS-V Puked 33 rear differentials. :highfive:

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-23-06, 08:35 PM
Plus we get to hear of your eventual problems - not saying it's bound to happen - but it'll be interesting to know IMO. After all, everyone was thrilled with their V's when they were new too....well, most were.

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:37 PM

I would say I donít get the constant SRT8 is better than the V stuff. The way most of us spend money on our Vís Iíd say itís a safe bet we could get SRT8ís if we wanted them. Some of us donít feel like we are sitting on a time bomb and donít care to be told over and over that we are. Iím driving what I want to drive. Iím glad you got rid of a car you donít like and got one you do, but that doesnít mean all Vís have problems.

Andrew,

Agreed. I made one post/thread explaining the differences between the two. After that I have made no claims that the SRT-8 is better unless another forum member saw fit to talk the 300 down. I have historically only chimed in on the failure threads or dealer problem threads to help others understand what they're up against. The CTS-V is certainly not the worst vehicle ever, but frankly mine was. I'm way over that now. Just hanging around now to help warn others. Simple symptoms now have a history of growing into big failures later. Like wheel hop, clunking driveline, can't shift into R, etc. Best to educate the newbies now so they can lay the groundwork with their dealer. Hoping "they" will do the right thing is fruitless.

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:38 PM
Keep hanging around here,I don't ever see you in the charger forums.Its boring over there.

I didn't buy a charger and for the record, I don't see you on the Escalade forum either. :thumbsup:

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:41 PM
I'm glad you're staying.... :highfive: One day we need to meet up so you can tell my how my V looks driving away from the plush seat of an SRT8 :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Just keeping the love strong :bouncy:

Not with your mod's. Unfortunately you can't bluff someone who's driven over 50,000 miles in V's. You aren't quicker. You are faster, but you aren't quicker. Unless you can shift like the test drivers in Motor Trend, I'll smoke you out of the hole EVERYTIME as you try to balance wheel hop/spin and clutch feathering. Me? I'll just slam the loud pedal. You will lose, that's a fact. Now from a roll you have a chance. Fact, not conjecture.

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-23-06, 08:43 PM
Speaking of Charger, now that everyone has seen them on the road....pretty bland and boring IMO - including two SRT's....The 300 version was a much better choice.

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:44 PM
New Forum rule:

Members of this board cannot own a Mopar and have the first name "chris." Those that violate this rule we will banned..

Just kidding. I welcome your sarcastic witty diarrhea of the fingers/keyboard. as long as you dont over do it... (check your signature- Just a funny joke))

Reed

Damnit REED! I want my PayPal donations back! j/k.

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-23-06, 08:45 PM
For what it's worth, wheel hop is a minimal issue once I got rid of the F-1's - perhaps in the right hands this would make a difference?

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:46 PM
Plus we get to hear of your eventual problems - not saying it's bound to happen - but it'll be interesting to know IMO. After all, everyone was thrilled with their V's when they were new too....well, most were.

Correct. I did commit to reporting any and all failures on the SRT-8. Just over 3,000 miles so far and two minor issues. One seems to be correcting itself.

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:49 PM
Speaking of Charger, now that everyone has seen them on the road....pretty bland and boring IMO - including two SRT's....The 300 version was a much better choice.

Agreed. I never liked the Charger other than the hood. The wing, up swept back half, etc. make the car look awkward.

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:51 PM
For what it's worth, wheel hop is a minimal issue once I got rid of the F-1's - perhaps in the right hands this would make a difference?

I had GSD3's among others and the GM TSB bushings. While wheel hop is reduced you will NEVER get the V off the line the way you can get the SRT-8 off the line. I have offered to run a V to put this to rest. Both local V's have declined. I'm just telling you, unless you're a professional driver you won't be able to take an SRT-8 off the line and without mod's you can't make up the difference under 100 mph. On a road course though, you'll smoke 'em.

trukk
02-23-06, 08:54 PM
New Forum rule:

Reed

FUC|< I was just getting ready to buy a Grand Caravan, too.

Scrap that Idea.

-Chris

DILLIGAF
02-23-06, 08:57 PM
I didn't buy a charger and for the record, I don't see you on the Escalade forum either. :thumbsup:Close enough,dodge lover!:want:

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:58 PM
FUC|< I was just getting ready to buy a Grand Caravan, too.

Scrap that Idea.

-Chris

Not fast enough. Talk the wife into the Jeep SRT-8. Just tell her it's an SUV with dubs.

VELOSE
02-23-06, 08:58 PM
On a road course though, you'll smoke 'em.

And that's my arena.:thumbsup:

Stick around Chris. We like that you are a "STR8GUY".

CVP33
02-23-06, 08:59 PM
Close enough,dodge lover!:want:

It's a Chrysler you boner! :)

OldRoadDawg
02-23-06, 09:01 PM
They would probably welcome you at the the DeSotoOwners.com site. Some really cool guys there. The hot topics right now are the sticking gear selector button on their TorqueFlight tranny keeping them from going into reverse and which DeSoto is the fastest . . the Chartreuse or Salmon.

But we hope you don't stay away for long. :highfive:

DILLIGAF
02-23-06, 09:05 PM
It's a Chrysler you boner! :)Same thing you hemi:alchi:

CVP33
02-23-06, 09:05 PM
Here's something interesting. I did get 20.8 mpg traveling through SC and NC from Atlanta at 100mph. For whatever reason, my V topped out at 23.5 mpg, but when I kept the speed over 85mph for any length of time the mpg dropped into the 20-21 range. Probably gearing.

trukk
02-23-06, 09:07 PM
After 9 months of intensive therapy, I have finally realized what happened during those 45 fatefull minutes last April, that had been a blank spot in my memory.

I thought It was a harmless meeting with another V enthusiast. How wrong I was. I don't want to set my progress back, so lets just say it started with him giving me a womans golf shirt with his companies logo on it, and ended with him <CENSORED> me in the <CENSORED> with a <CENSORED> accomanied by a smelly <CENSORED> and an albino <CENSORED> at a seedy motel. The most distrubing thing was the <CENSORED> that he wore, and the glassy gaze he had while <CENSORED> me from behind. Actually it was fairly disturbing when he then <CENSORED> the <CENSORED> with the <CENSORED> in the <CENSORED> repeatedly all while screaming 'DANNYSTANG'. OK. I still have a lot of issues to work out.

One redeeming result of the 'encounter' was, I did learn how to amass a HUGE furtune from selling "GM Perfromance Division" and "Mobil 1" stickers to sucker V owners at ridiculous markups. While I'll always have to live with this <CENSORED> bag attached to my <CENSORED>, at least I'll have a bunch of hot chicks to clean the <CENSORED> off my shoes, thanks to my new fortune.

Thanks Chris!

-Chris

CVP33
02-23-06, 09:07 PM
Same thing you hemi:alchi:
That's it, now I'm really pissed! But wait................wait..................wait, $hit I just got over it. I just can't stay mad at you guys! :grouphug:

Rickerbucks
02-23-06, 09:17 PM
I think it says a lot about the friendships formed on the board over the years that an SRT8 owner chosses to spend his time here.

I'm gald to see you around and hope you stay. I'd like to hear the SRT8 feedback as well.

Its all good.

:)

DILLIGAF
02-23-06, 09:17 PM
I did join the forums over there just to see what happens to your car 5 or more times.And of course urb got me hooked on the scion forums too(no joke).Thanks urb

AmesCTS-V
02-23-06, 09:25 PM
Andrew,

Agreed. I made one post/thread explaining the differences between the two. After that I have made no claims that the SRT-8 is better unless another forum member saw fit to talk the 300 down. I have historically only chimed in on the failure threads or dealer problem threads to help others understand what they're up against. The CTS-V is certainly not the worst vehicle ever, but frankly mine was. I'm way over that now. Just hanging around now to help warn others. Simple symptoms now have a history of growing into big failures later. Like wheel hop, clunking driveline, can't shift into R, etc. Best to educate the newbies now so they can lay the groundwork with their dealer. Hoping "they" will do the right thing is fruitless.
That's cool jumping in when other people have problems is fine and I'm sure they appreciate advice. Wheel hop is in a lot of IRS cars that don't have problems. Even in the V it isn't indicative of any problems.

CVP33
02-23-06, 09:26 PM
After 9 months of intensive therapy, I have finally realized what happened during those 45 fatefull minutes last April, that had been a blank spot in my memory.

I thought It was a harmless meeting with another V enthusiast. How wrong I was. I don't want to set my progress back, so lets just say it started with him giving me a womans golf shirt with his companies logo on it, and ended with him <CENSORED> me in the <CENSORED> with a <CENSORED> accomanied by a smelly <CENSORED> and an albino <CENSORED> at a seedy motel. The most distrubing thing was the <CENSORED> that he wore, and the glassy gaze he had while <CENSORED> me from behind. Actually it was fairly disturbing when he then <CENSORED> the <CENSORED> with the <CENSORED> in the <CENSORED> repeatedly all while screaming 'DANNYSTANG'. OK. I still have a lot of issues to work out.

One redeeming result of the 'encounter' was, I did learn how to amass a HUGE furtune from selling "GM Perfromance Division" and "Mobil 1" stickers to sucker V owners at ridiculous markups. While I'll always have to live with this <CENSORED> bag attached to my <CENSORED>, at least I'll have a bunch of hot chicks to clean the <CENSORED> off my shoes.

Thanks Chris!

-Chris

This has just enough truth to actually sound true so I'd better set the record straight on this. Granted we did meet at my office to compare V's. I had to give you a woman's shirt because frankly you're a little on the small side and that's all we had in your size. The key chain though was nice, no?

The GM performance Div and Mobil One emblems were sold to forum members as a courtesy. You may go to GM Parts Direct and check for yourselves. Buy them in 20's to minimize the shipping and handling and you'll pay $11.91 for the Mobil 1's and GM Perf Div. Emblems. Now remember, mailing these will cost you $.61 cents postage, a $.40 cent envelope and then when someone decides to paypal you they will deduct $.61 cents from the transaction. So when each of you so graciously decided to buy an emblem from me for $14.00, I was able to net out an astounding $.47 cents on each emblem to cover my time and effort. :eek: And let's not forget the capital expenditure of $476.40 for the emblems.

It's true, I have amassed a small fortune with which I use to offset the depreciation of my Cadillacs. :highfive:

AmesCTS-V
02-23-06, 09:26 PM
Here's something interesting. I did get 20.8 mpg traveling through SC and NC from Atlanta at 100mph. For whatever reason, my V topped out at 23.5 mpg, but when I kept the speed over 85mph for any length of time the mpg dropped into the 20-21 range. Probably gearing.
The V is geared low. I always notice that when I switch to my GTO, similar cars with different gearing. I have to change shift points. How is the SRT8 geared?

CVP33
02-23-06, 09:33 PM
That's cool jumping in when other people have problems is fine and I'm sure they appreciate advice. Wheel hop is in a lot of IRS cars that don't have problems. Even in the V it isn't indicative of any problems.

I know the issue of wheel hop is tenuous so I'll just say this and then drop it. Allowing your car to wheel hop or attempting to "drive through it" will shorten the lifespan of your rear differential. This is not a guess, this is simple engineering. The rate at which the rear cradle hops and slams into the bottom of the car changes the pinion angle so quickly and violently that you are literally ripping your rear differential apart if you allow it to happen. My last rear differential had become so "deformed" that the seals could no longer hold in the lubricant.

rand49er
02-23-06, 09:35 PM
Okay, I just got home, and I see this thread that started just a couple of hours ago, and heck, whadda we up to, maybe 30-some posts? So, I'm too tired/lazy to read all the posts, but I gotta say that the pic Chris posted reminded me SO MUCH of Rick Moranis' Dark Helmet in Spaceballs (the movie). Anybody????????????? :annoyed:

Geez, he's like a bad penny ... isn't he?

CVP33
02-23-06, 09:38 PM
The V is geared low. I always notice that when I switch to my GTO, similar cars with different gearing. I have to change shift points. How is the SRT8 geared?

CTS-V is 3.73 with a 2.09 final drive ratio.

SRT-8 is 3.06 with a 2.54 final drive ratio.

Unfortunately I don't have the individual gear ratios.

CVP33
02-23-06, 09:39 PM
Okay, I just got home, and I see this thread that started just a couple of hours ago, and heck, whadda we up to, maybe 30-some posts? So, I'm too tired/lazy to read all the posts, but I gotta say that the pic Chris posted reminded me SO MUCH of Rick Moranis' Dark Helmet in Spaceballs (the movie). Anybody????????????? :annoyed:

Geez, he's like a bad penny ... isn't he?

Smart people are FROM Michigan. No one actually freaking stays there!

CVP33
02-23-06, 09:40 PM
Smart people are FROM Michigan. No one actually freaking stays there!

I mean you gotta admit, that's pretty damned funny right there. And for the record I was born and raised in Bay City, MI. Then I turned 18 and knew better. Moved to St. Petersburg, FL. Anyone know what a snow cow is? :highfive:

Staxxin
02-23-06, 09:43 PM
Anyone know what a snow cow is? :highfive:

This is when someone might start the wife jokes..... Not me though:stirpot:

CVP33
02-23-06, 09:53 PM
55 posts in an hour and 43 minutes. I want to thank each and everyone of you for helping me close the gap on my mentor Wildwhl. This has to be some kind of record. :thumbsup:

Staxxin
02-23-06, 10:05 PM
We are happy to assist in any way!!!! :grouphug:

rand49er
02-23-06, 10:34 PM
This is when someone might start the wife jokes..... Not me though:stirpot:Ah, yes, "she who must be obeyed!" :worship:

rand49er
02-23-06, 10:38 PM
Smart people are FROM Michigan. No one actually freaking stays there!Just get my mail there.

And, who'd ever "sleep" with Wildwhl, anywayt? :stirpot:

moldowan
02-23-06, 10:49 PM
I like the attached pic
Is that an after market grill (mesh)?????? The car looks lowered with wider front wheels as well?
-moldy
oh yeah almost forgot :farting:

Rich H
02-23-06, 11:00 PM
I mean you gotta admit, that's pretty damned funny right there. And for the record I was born and raised in Bay City, MI. Then I turned 18 and knew better. Moved to St. Petersburg, FL. Anyone know what a snow cow is? :highfive:

I don't know what a snow cow is - but I do know where Bay City is - just down the road from Midland. Worked there at Dow for 3 years in the 70's and was smart enough to get out before the agent orange toxins did permanent damage.

But then, we're not the only ones who escaped without brain damage - look at Madonna. Wait.... I take that back.

wildwhl
02-24-06, 12:19 AM
Now you've really hurt my feelings, Chris.

Hey - I have a 2 for 1 package for brokediff mountain - wanna go?

WW

wildwhl
02-24-06, 12:21 AM
You know, I should have known you'd start a post like this in a ricer blowby attempt, I'm really not surprised.

Guess I'll just disassemble the V this weekend and bolt in yet another suspension :cookoo: GC came through finally. The parts look first rate from my brief inspection today.

Wish there were a "STR8GUY" to help me :hmm:

DarkKnight
02-24-06, 01:40 AM
I like the grill on the 300 in the picture you attached. I am thinking of trading the V in on a silver steel SRT this weekend. A local dealership is having a one-day deal where they give 2K over Kelly Blue Book trade in value that would get me out of the V without going upside down. I feel my V rides a bit rough and is little to noisy on road trips for me and I hear the SRTs ride very smooth. Thanks for all the info on the SRTs.:)

TXSilverV
02-24-06, 09:33 AM
CVP33 I'm glad you stayed!

wildwhl
02-24-06, 10:24 AM
I can't take credit for this - but Chris - I think this needs to be your next mod:

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22&zenid=fad67515d945d9dc5d0da8886c73ac7e

:histeric:

Staxxin
02-24-06, 10:26 AM
That's just wrong but so funny!!! and so many ways!!!!

wildwhl
02-24-06, 10:27 AM
Good thing Denniscars tipped me off to it :)

urbanski
02-24-06, 10:41 AM
posting in a spam thread :cool:

urbanski
02-24-06, 10:43 AM
55 posts in an hour and 43 minutes. I want to thank each and everyone of you for helping me close the gap on my mentor Wildwhl. This has to be some kind of record. :thumbsup:
what's funny is that when your car dies, you get a Neon loaner...or a sebring :rolleyes: IF you even get a loaner :p

I get a 06 SRX :highfive::cool2: :bighead:

VELOSE
02-24-06, 12:51 PM
I saw the funniest thing this morning on my way to work. It was a basic 6cyl 300 with chrome rims. Well that's what I thought until I got closer. It had chrome hubcaps on the stock wheels with a nice chrome grill. This had to be the best upscaled ricer I had ever seen.:D

50 4Ever
02-24-06, 01:53 PM
If you want to read a good unbiased comparison on the V vs the 300C SRT-8 just click here. (http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-general-discussion/15346-2005-cts-v-vs-2006-300c-srt-8-a.html?highlight=cvp33)

"That thing got a Hemi? .... that can't be good".
(quote made from Dodge/Chrysler TV commercials)

:thumbsup:

AmesCTS-V
02-24-06, 02:07 PM
If you want to read a good unbiased comparison on the V vs the 300C SRT-8 just click here. (http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-general-discussion/15346-2005-cts-v-vs-2006-300c-srt-8-a.html?highlight=cvp33)

"That thing got a Hemi? .... that can't be good".
(quote made from Dodge/Chrysler TV commercials)

:thumbsup:
I was on that board when my cousin had a 300. They were of zero help with mods. They acted like I was from outer space when I mentioned that the guys running with 22's and a CAI on a 300c aren't going to beating down Vettes like they said. Zero concept of the weight they were adding.

I like CVP's "I can tell you that longevitiy is not their strong suit" and "The same mod's available to the CTS-V's are available for SRT-8's"

Come on CVP you know your car isn't the norm and you know there a million more mods for LSx engines. The work done on Vettes and F-bodies has given the V and GTO a rich after-market to draw from. The SRT8's don't have anywhere near the same aftermarket support.

AmesCTS-V
02-24-06, 02:14 PM
I can't believe TriShiled is over on the 300 boards now. That guy supposedly had 2 different GTO's on order and then had some dealer issues. Now he had an SRT8 on order and the dealership messed it up. That guy is full of shit.

Koooop
02-24-06, 02:59 PM
shizzle baby! Did they throw in a picture of snoop dog to go with that ride? The boys in the hood are gonna know you went big time when you roll by!

Tupac had nothin' on you. Is that thing bullet proof?

Of course you are still welcome...

(I'm considering lemoning my V, the trunk wouldn't stay shut so I had to visit the dealer and have a Mocha Java while I waited...BASTARDS)

AmesCTS-V
02-24-06, 03:21 PM
One of the guys at work has spilled coffee on himself in my V twice now this week. Probably a major design flaw in the V. Anyone think I can lemon it?

trukk
02-24-06, 05:17 PM
This has just enough truth to actually sound true so I'd better set the record straight on this. Granted we did meet at my office to compare V's. I had to give you a woman's shirt because frankly you're a little on the small side and that's all we had in your size. The key chain though was nice, no?

The GM performance Div and Mobil One emblems were sold to forum members as a courtesy. You may go to GM Parts Direct and check for yourselves. Buy them in 20's to minimize the shipping and handling and you'll pay $11.91 for the Mobil 1's and GM Perf Div. Emblems. Now remember, mailing these will cost you $.61 cents postage, a $.40 cent envelope and then when someone decides to paypal you they will deduct $.61 cents from the transaction. So when each of you so graciously decided to buy an emblem from me for $14.00, I was able to net out an astounding $.47 cents on each emblem to cover my time and effort. :eek: And let's not forget the capital expenditure of $476.40 for the emblems.

It's true, I have amassed a small fortune with which I use to offset the depreciation of my Cadillacs. :highfive:

Heh. My kid lover the key chain actually. My wife wanted to know (and I quote) " WHY THE <CENSORED> DO YOU HAVE A WOMENS SHIRT IN YOUR CAR THAT ISN'T MINE." I was like "Relax Baby, Chris gave it to me." " CHRIS, WHO THE <CENSORED> IS CHRIS?" So I was like "Chill sweety, he's the GUY that <CENSORED> me in <CENSORED> while the albino watched." She was like, "Oh OK, as long as you weren't <CENSORED> another woman."

As for the World domination plans, one sticker at a time. You've forced me to reveal your true secret:

Chris stole all those stickers off the loaner cars he was given during his 800 trips to caddylac service, and then resold them at 100% profit. Do you REALLY think he magically went through 6 diffs? <CENSORED> NO! he told me:

"Hey man watch this (4 Clutch dumps in the parking lot, 1 puddle of gear oil later). WOOT, i'm gonna lift me a Mobil1 sticker of the loaner S'Clade they give me. $11.91 HERE I COME. GM is so <CENSORED> stupid."

Now everyone's in on the grift.

-Chris

CaddyGeek
02-24-06, 06:11 PM
One of the guys at work has spilled coffee on himself in my V twice now this week. Probably a major design flaw in the V. Anyone think I can lemon it?

Best line in this whole thread...

thebigjimsho
02-24-06, 08:02 PM
I'm just gonna post here because I'm too lazy to hit the back button 5 times.

CVP33
02-24-06, 09:18 PM
Just get my mail there.

And, who'd ever "sleep" with Wildwhl, anywayt? :stirpot:

Let me assure you we were not sleeping. :highfive:

CVP33
02-24-06, 09:20 PM
-moldy
oh yeah almost forgot :farting:

I'm sorry but my heart belongs to Wildwhl. I am flattered by your offer though.

CVP33
02-24-06, 09:21 PM
I don't know what a snow cow is - but I do know where Bay City is - just down the road from Midland. Worked there at Dow for 3 years in the 70's and was smart enough to get out before the agent orange toxins did permanent damage.

But then, we're not the only ones who escaped without brain damage - look at Madonna. Wait.... I take that back.

LOL. In Bay City you either work for Dow, GM or you're unemployed. Sad state of affairs. Great area though for the two weeks of summer.

CVP33
02-24-06, 09:33 PM
Now you've really hurt my feelings, Chris.

Hey - I have a 2 for 1 package for brokediff mountain - wanna go?

WW

OK, I can see you're new to the whole witty banter thing. To properly execute the double entendre your post should've ended with "wanna come?". Geez. :bigroll:

CVP33
02-24-06, 09:38 PM
what's funny is that when your car dies, you get a Neon loaner...or a sebring :rolleyes: IF you even get a loaner :p

I get a 06 SRX :highfive::cool2: :bighead:

I had the same concern. They gave me a choice of a 300c, Magnum or a Jeep Grand Cherokee all non-SRT of course.

CVP33
02-24-06, 09:47 PM
I like CVP's "I can tell you that longevitiy is not their strong suit" and "The same mod's available to the CTS-V's are available for SRT-8's"

Come on CVP you know your car isn't the norm and you know there a million more mods for LSx engines. The work done on Vettes and F-bodies has given the V and GTO a rich after-market to draw from. The SRT8's don't have anywhere near the same aftermarket support.

Headers - Check:thumbsup:
Exhaust - Check:thumbsup:
CAI - Check:thumbsup:
Supercharger - Check:thumbsup:
Superchips Tuner - Check:thumbsup:
Cam and Heads kits - Check:thumbsup:
Nitrous Kits - Check:thumbsup:
Grilles a plenty (not that this is a good thing):bigroll:
Wheels a plenty (not necessarily a good thing either):rolleyes:

So what exactly is the SRT-8 community missing in aftermarket parts?

wildwhl
02-24-06, 09:47 PM
OK, I can see you're new to the whole witty banter thing. To properly execut the double entendre your post should've ended with "wanna come?". Geez. :bigroll:

I know, but I was afraid Urby would ban me :hide:

CVP33
02-24-06, 09:59 PM
I saw the funniest thing this morning on my way to work. It was a basic 6cyl 300 with chrome rims. Well that's what I thought until I got closer. It had chrome hubcaps on the stock wheels with a nice chrome grill. This had to be the best upscaled ricer I had ever seen.:D

We've both seen vehicles coming the opposite way where we just mutter, "why did you do that to your CTS/300?" There's plenty to be ashamed of out of both camps.

CVP33
02-24-06, 10:02 PM
GM is so <CENSORED> stupid."
-Chris

I agree with one thing you said. :thumbsup:

urbanski
02-25-06, 07:17 AM
I had the same concern. They gave me a choice of a 300c, Magnum or a Jeep Grand Cherokee all non-SRT of course.
you belong in a sebring vert :bouncy:

urbanski
02-25-06, 07:18 AM
C5 shift knobs that look like dildos?

urbanski
02-25-06, 07:19 AM
I know, but I was afraid Urby would ban me :hide:
neither of you 2 replied to my e-mail :(
even to laugh at me :(

CIWS
02-25-06, 08:28 AM

A cool forum with lots of good Mod / Car related conversation ?

wildwhl
02-25-06, 11:20 AM
Urby -

Your situation is no laughing matter. I'd be pissed. Of course, calling CVP names and making suggestions like you have while driving an SRX mini-van in disguise...well...not sure how I feel about that :histeric:

Sorry, Urb... just slammed with work. Why don't you fly out and take over the 2bar conversion tuning of my PCM?

WW

CVP33
02-25-06, 11:50 AM
New grille installed. BLING.
300 side panel emblems removed and SRT emblems added. - More SRT-ness. And frankly meant to mirror the CTS-V use of V emblems which I always liked. Now she looks right and proper. Wait until the tint. Oh baby!

CVP33
02-25-06, 11:55 AM
A cool forum with lots of good Mod / Car related conversation ?

QUILTY! :thepan:

CVP33
02-25-06, 03:27 PM
This will help some of you with my transition from Caddy to Chrysler.

thebigjimsho
02-25-06, 03:36 PM
There were a couple of 300 SRT-8s, in black, sitting in an annexed lot down the street from the Chrysler dealer. So without salesman hassle, I stopped by to take a nice, long look. They do look very sweet in black. I think that either going with a blacked out mesh grille or keeping it stock are the only things to do on a black one. Personally, I like stock the best. When the V becomes a garage queen next fall, I may look to get me one of dem things.

CVP33
02-25-06, 03:47 PM
BigJim,

This is one of the cheap $250 ones. I just wanted to swap mine out as the stock one leaves quite a bit to be desired. I'll drive it like this for awhile and then I'll be blacking it out. Probably after the tint.

Here's a picture of the base 300 with a blacked out grille. It will really look sinister on the SRT as we don't have the chrome trim on the bumpers.

thebigjimsho
02-25-06, 03:52 PM
Your sig amuzes me and frightens me altogether at the same time.

CVP33
02-25-06, 04:00 PM
Your sig amuzes me and frightens me altogether at the same time.

Stay tuned. I change it about every 3 days. Each subsequent change pushes the limits of decency.

AmesCTS-V
02-25-06, 07:50 PM
I'm not even going to argue with you about comparing SRT8 aftermarket with LSx engine market, there is no comparision and if you think there is then you are getting dillusional. Yeah the SRT market is much better than a year ago, but it nothing like the LSx market. SRT8's are just now getting to where they actually have most everything they need. With an LSx engine for almost everything you get to pick from several companies most of which are tried and tested parts not version 1 first thing we got working deals.

When my cousin had a 300 I was on that board all the time and they were just dying for a Corsa exhaust, CAI, Supercharger, the basics. When I got my GTO a couple of years ago from day 1 I had more mods available then I had time to install.

kjr39
02-25-06, 11:09 PM
You're still here?

Who'd have guessed....

wildwhl
02-26-06, 12:18 AM
Stay tuned. I change it about every 3 days. Each subsequent change pushes the limits of decency.

CVP - you say this as though decency is something you understand? You haven't called, written, or even posted me a :grouphug: since the movie...:confused:

Florian
02-26-06, 10:55 AM
...I wish I could quit you CVP....!

F

kjr39
02-26-06, 11:07 AM
...I wish I could quit you CVP....!

F

You two are connected at the hips, huh Florian?

/worst pun ever.

Florian
02-26-06, 12:10 PM
only when he whispers sweet nothings and buys me dinner....

F

CVP33
02-26-06, 04:14 PM
I'm not even going to argue with you about comparing SRT8 aftermarket with LSx engine market, there is no comparision and if you think there is then you are getting dillusional. Yeah the SRT market is much better than a year ago, but it nothing like the LSx market. SRT8's are just now getting to where they actually have most everything they need. With an LSx engine for almost everything you get to pick from several companies most of which are tried and tested parts not version 1 first thing we got working deals.

When my cousin had a 300 I was on that board all the time and they were just dying for a Corsa exhaust, CAI, Supercharger, the basics. When I got my GTO a couple of years ago from day 1 I had more mods available then I had time to install.

So in effect you agree with me. Everything available to the V is available to the SRT community as well. Thanks.

CVP33
02-26-06, 04:15 PM
CVP - you say this as though decency is something you understand? You haven't called, written, or even posted me a :grouphug: since the movie...:confused:

How does one email a kiss? Or fed ex a hug? You will have to trust me, you are always in my heart.

lawfive
02-26-06, 06:30 PM
"Uh, huh huh huh... Chrysler guys are gay. Uh, huh huh huh..."

CVP33
02-26-06, 08:30 PM
"Uh, huh huh huh... Chrysler guys are gay. Uh, huh huh huh..."

Cadillac guys are easy. Here's one now ---> :worship:

AmesCTS-V
02-26-06, 10:09 PM
So in effect you agree with me. Everything available to the V is available to the SRT community as well. Thanks.
No the SRT has a small sub-set of what's available for the V. The SRT does have something (even if it's new and iffy) in every major category, but it pales in comparison to what's available for a V. Huge difference.

thebigjimsho
02-26-06, 10:57 PM
I think it's best summed up that SRT owners can get almost every type of mod LS6 owners can. It's just that we have innumerous aftermarket manufacturers to choose from while SRT owners have a limied amount of manufacturers, no?

DarkKnight
02-27-06, 01:02 AM
No the SRT has a small sub-set of what's available for the V. The SRT does have something (even if it's new and iffy) in every major category, but it pales in comparison to what's available for a V. Huge difference.
Aside from price advantages it really doesn't matter if there are 10 companies selling headers or 2, you end up buying from only one. If SRT owners at least have the one company to by from then they can mod, having more companies to choose from in the future will just be gravy.

There is nothing stopping SRT owners from modding if they really want to, a Lightning owner posted in the Lightning forum's war zone section about two SRTs brand spanking new that were supercharged and running nitrous doing consistent 11.2s in the 1/4 mile.

The funny thing is that it seems that most SRT owners are either current GM performance car owners or former GM performance car owners, which is good because they know what to look for when modding and their input to the aftermarket is very valuable.

CVP33
02-27-06, 09:11 PM
Agreed. I'm starting to get the itch again. CAI, headers and exhaust. Damn that didn't take long. Not even 1 full month of ownership.

DILLIGAF
02-27-06, 09:26 PM
This threads been everywhere,found this take a look.
http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/video/R32/EIP_R32_600_HP_0001.wmv

wildwhl
02-27-06, 09:36 PM
Interesting vid.

Excuse my ignorance, but the R32 is AWD, right? Why weren't they on a 4 wheel dyno? Would this skew results (or shred center differentials)?

WW

DILLIGAF
02-27-06, 09:38 PM
Interesting vid.

Excuse my ignorance, but the R32 is AWD, right? Why weren't they on a 4 wheel dyno? Would this skew results (or shred center differentials)?

WWI'll go get another link that supposably explains that.I would hate to run into that effer on the road.

Florian
02-27-06, 09:40 PM
I'll go get another link that supposably explains that.I would hate to run into that effer on the road.

Its SUPPOSEDLY!!!!! :tisk: as in supposition. :thehand: sorry...its a pet peeve. :want:

F

DILLIGAF
02-27-06, 09:42 PM
I'll go get another link that supposably explains that.I would hate to run into that effer on the road.
http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/project_eip_r32_s4_01.html (http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/project_eip_r32_s4_01.html)

I would like to add this link is all urbs fault and his sound deadening addiction.

Florian
02-27-06, 09:44 PM
Sorry RP, I just went a bit bonkers on that.....silly grammar police BS.

Accept my apology

F

wildwhl
02-27-06, 09:48 PM
yummy...Florian is a grammar queen...me like.

Hey, ya where do ya wanna meet CVP and me *at*? Wait, I have got an idea. At Dannystang's place - you can bring the thong?

WW

DILLIGAF
02-27-06, 09:48 PM
We don'st talks to goods or speels here in the sticks.None taken dude,timeout to do new foamy toon.

Florian
02-27-06, 10:38 PM
yummy...Florian is a grammar queen...me like.

Hey, ya where do ya wanna meet CVP and me *at*? Wait, I have got an idea. At Dannystang's place - you can bring the thong?

WW

I was thinkin I could shine up CVPs new SRT with some of that anal oleo that Dannystang was brewin up next to that thong strap. I think that Danny could provide entertainment, wed have to get some Cher records so he could do his 'dancing' to. Other than that, Id love to hang with both of you fellas for a spell. Id even buy the Old English 800...:) :highfive:

F

CVP33
02-27-06, 10:44 PM
I was thinkin I could shine up CVPs new SRT with some of that anal oleo that Dannystang was brewin up next to that thong strap. I think that Danny could provide entertainment, wed have to get some Cher records so he could do his 'dancing' to. Other than that, Id love to hang with both of you fellas for a spell. Id even buy the Old English 800...:) :highfive:

F

Oh snap he's breakin' out the good stuff. OE 800! Damn you devil! We gonna' party now. I'll bring the burpless cuke, cheese grater, duct tape, cow bell, firemen's boots, snow goggles, silly putty, 20' extension cord, vice grips and ABBA tapes. Now let your mind wander with that list! :highfive:

Florian
02-27-06, 10:51 PM
CVP,

I notice in your sig, that when youre riding tandem not to let WW in the back...so how is it when you fellas are doing your 2-man luge? And those suits..dang! That aerodynamic fin on the top...oh wait, uh, thats....not....a....fin. Nevermind.

F

CVP33
02-27-06, 10:59 PM
New signature. I grew tired of the old one. BTW, quit picking on kidhummers. I feel a ban coming. Time to make an example of us reprobates. I say acquiesce you obsequious bastards!

DILLIGAF
02-27-06, 11:06 PM
Florian's causin trouble in the lounge too tonight.

Florian
02-27-06, 11:07 PM
I made amends...just hate when young whippersnappers come in here and get all mouthy demanding stuff. I remember when I was a kid...had to walk uphill to school..both ways, with no shoes.
As for the cheesewhiz....I just dont know. Never eat cheese from a can, unless youre Dannystang, who will eat anything from anyones can.

F

Florian
02-27-06, 11:07 PM
Florian's causin trouble in the lounge too tonight.

I think the boxers are bunched up on my nads makin me irritable.

F

urbanski
02-28-06, 07:23 AM
http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/project_eip_r32_s4_01.html (http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/project_eip_r32_s4_01.html)

I would like to add this link is all urbs fault and his sound deadening addiction.
lol
doing wife's denali next :highfive:

urbanski
02-28-06, 07:31 AM
I think the boxers are bunched up on my nads makin me irritable.

F
AHAHAHA

DILLIGAF
02-28-06, 06:24 PM
lol
doing wife's denali next :highfive:When I e-mailed those guys they said they were out of inventory till the end of the week,I'll order 2 rolls friday.Sweet f'n hook-up urb,I owe you:thumbsup: .That forums kinda cool over there,different mentality for sure.:highfive: I've had fun lurking,of course i'm gonna lose my g friend over being on the comp more.:want:

kjr39
02-28-06, 06:29 PM
I made amends...just hate when young whippersnappers come in here and get all mouthy demanding stuff. I remember when I was a kid...had to walk uphill to school..both ways, with no shoes.
As for the cheesewhiz....I just dont know. Never eat cheese from a can, unless youre Dannystang, who will eat anything from anyones can.

F

Oh jeez. Get it right. It's up hills both ways in snow that was ashhole deep to a tall Indian, with no shoes, no coat, carrying yours and your little brother's books... Not to mention that you had to run home at lunch to feed and water the livestock. And then come home and do chores for 4 hours after school....

Sheesh! :thepan:

Florian
02-28-06, 06:46 PM
Oh jeez. Get it right. It's up hills both ways in snow that was ashhole deep to a tall Indian, with no shoes, no coat, carrying yours and your little brother's books... Not to mention that you had to run home at lunch to feed and water the livestock. And then come home and do chores for 4 hours after school....

Sheesh! :thepan:

I think you got it! :thumbsup:

F

CVP33
02-28-06, 08:35 PM
I have successfully eliminated signatures from the forum. I'm such an ass. My last signature was:

"Lot's of things feel like cheez whiz but only one thing tastes like cheez whiz."

My next was going to be:

"WildWhl, Florian and CVP33 - Old school sexual predators"

Alas my fun has ended.

DILLIGAF
02-28-06, 10:08 PM
I have successfully eliminated signatures from the forum. I'm such an ass. My last signature was:

"Lot's of things feel like cheez whiz but only one thing tastes like cheez whiz."

My next was going to be:

"WildWhl, Florian and CVP33 - Old school sexual predators"

Alas my fun has ended.We'll follow you anywhere!!

trekster
02-28-06, 11:20 PM
hey guys! What's going on in this thread?

CVP33
02-28-06, 11:25 PM
I've decided to keep my SRT-8 stuff here, rather than create additional non-V threads which will eventually be moved to the lounge. Anything goes, kind of like an asylum. It's been off-topic so long that frankly who cares. It's one of the few threads where you can say whatever the hell you want and I'm certainly not going to take it personal. It's kind of got a life of it's own now with 100+ postings and over 1,700 views. :thumbsup:

wildwhl
03-01-06, 12:31 AM
Uhhh...huh....huhhhut....he said Ass...

Wait...he said asylum.

Welcome all, especially black beast.

You own this thread. She is yours. Belongs to you and that V hatin' SRT8 of yours. Besides, where else can you punt cavaliers for fun :D

WW

CVP33
03-01-06, 08:24 PM
Uhhh...huh....huhhhut....he said Ass...

Wait...he said asylum.

Welcome all, especially black beast.

You own this thread. She is yours. Belongs to you and that V hatin' SRT8 of yours. Besides, where else can you punt cavaliers for fun :D

WW

That cavalier had it coming! GM scum. I must say though it's rear differential faired better than it's rear bumper cover. :thumbsup:

lasstss
03-01-06, 10:03 PM
:wtf: :alchi:

StealthV
03-01-06, 10:10 PM
I'm just telling you, unless you're a professional driver you won't be able to take an SRT-8 off the line and without mod's you can't make up the difference under 100 mph.

Someone spank this guy already so he can go back and wonder with the Mopower engineers why the Russian limo's shifts are eternal torque managed sluggish events and cost him the race with the V.

Real cars have sticks.

CVP33
03-01-06, 10:15 PM
These Russian limos are fkn quick.

http://challengevideos.com/2005/notears/05notearsb.php

Said to be stock. Argue when ready.

CVP33
03-01-06, 10:23 PM
Of course anyone can run a 12 once.

http://challengevideos.com/2005/notears/05notearsb_01.php

Oh shit. Twice.

CVP33
03-01-06, 10:24 PM
No hop.
http://challengevideos.com/2005/notears/05notears_09.php

StealthV
03-01-06, 10:42 PM
These Russian limos are fkn quick.

http://challengevideos.com/2005/notears/05notearsb.php

Said to be stock. Argue when ready.

The launch didn't impress me.
Neither did the lack of tire chirps during shifts.
How much lower of an ET would the video car have if it didn't have the crappy slushbox transmission wasting time during shifts?
Put a stopwatch on the video...

A V that is stock as well with no hop... http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/video/hd/hd-129-108.html

Here's the time slip...
http://www.stealthv.com/images/HD_19aug2005.jpg

The V had a completely stock engine, heads, cam, etc.

The rest? Well, I dunno. There was the opportunity for some stealth tweakage. :alchi:

CVP, you fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Florian
03-01-06, 10:45 PM
Holy Schnikeys! A Princess Bride quote.....never thought Id see the day.

F

StealthV
03-01-06, 10:48 PM
I just do the stealth stuff to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge.

Florian
03-01-06, 11:08 PM
But its fun nonetheless! Now wheres my leather ball gag mask...I have some 'justice' to mete out.

F

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-02-06, 07:07 PM
Why such focus on the 1/4 anyway? I was in a 300C yesterday - not an SRT granted, but the car is a boat compared to the V - and I don't mean just based on suspension attributes. I mean the car feels big and bulky, very difficult to gage the front end, and just feels like somethng that does not belong on the backroads (twistys). SRT or not - the shape is bulky from inside.

I also found the interior nicely done, high quality appearance, but boring in it's shape. Plain old straight dash, straight door sides, cheesy looking gages and what is that - a mini Nav screen? Basically boring albeit with some nice trim

And CP (Chris) I read your discussion on the SRT site (well done) but you answered a question a 300 owner raised about On Star being an advantage and you indicated you basically almost never use it. Well, I've never used my air bags either but I'm still happy they're there and I see the value. Get in a crash on an isolated road with no On Star to automatically call for help and the last thing you'll remember before blacking out is how much you wish you had it.

AmesCTS-V
03-02-06, 07:25 PM
Aside from price advantages it really doesn't matter if there are 10 companies selling headers or 2, you end up buying from only one. If SRT owners at least have the one company to by from then they can mod, having more companies to choose from in the future will just be gravy.
Not true. If the only tuning software I could get was a Superchips one I wouldn't have a V. I need something good.

StealthV
03-02-06, 08:53 PM
CVP must have been kidnapped by aliens.

Again.

:alien:

Talking about his grandpa car and he doesn't even care.

:boring:

CVP33
03-02-06, 09:17 PM
The launch didn't impress me.
Neither did the lack of tire chirps during shifts.
How much lower of an ET would the video car have if it didn't have the crappy slushbox transmission wasting time during shifts?
Put a stopwatch on the video...

A V that is stock as well with no hop... http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/video/hd/hd-129-108.html

Here's the time slip...
http://www.stealthv.com/images/HD_19aug2005.jpg

The V had a completely stock engine, heads, cam, etc.

The rest? Well, I dunno. There was the opportunity for some stealth tweakage. :alchi:

CVP, you fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Awesome time for a CTS-V. He would've only lost by 2 tenths. Moral victory?

CVP33
03-02-06, 09:18 PM
But its fun nonetheless! Now wheres my leather ball gag mask...I have some 'justice' to mete out.

F

Enough already! I send you one video of WildWhl and myself and your suddenly chatty! Learn to keep a freakin' secret F!

CVP (more initials mean I win F!)

CVP33
03-02-06, 09:20 PM
Why such focus on the 1/4 anyway? I was in a 300C yesterday - not an SRT granted, but the car is a boat compared to the V - and I don't mean just based on suspension attributes. I mean the car feels big and bulky, very difficult to gage the front end, and just feels like somethng that does not belong on the backroads (twistys). SRT or not - the shape is bulky from inside.

I also found the interior nicely done, high quality appearance, but boring in it's shape. Plain old straight dash, straight door sides, cheesy looking gages and what is that - a mini Nav screen? Basically boring albeit with some nice trim

And CP (Chris) I read your discussion on the SRT site (well done) but you answered a question a 300 owner raised about On Star being an advantage and you indicated you basically almost never use it. Well, I've never used my air bags either but I'm still happy they're there and I see the value. Get in a crash on an isolated road with no On Star to automatically call for help and the last thing you'll remember before blacking out is how much you wish you had it.

OnStar's awesome. Saved me many times when my differential broke. Now other than calling 911 when your airbag deploys, provided you can't. Tell me one thing OnStar does that your cell phone can't.

StealthV
03-02-06, 09:22 PM
Since when did flying saucers have wireless internet?

StealthV
03-02-06, 09:23 PM
Awesome time for a CTS-V. He would've only lost by 2 tenths. Moral victory?

My dad can beat up your dad. Does that make your dad slow?

Same track, same day. Bring it on Morepower.

Really stock means stock.

CVP33
03-02-06, 09:30 PM
I'm stock and my invitation still stands. I'll run any stock V. :thumbsup:

StealthV
03-02-06, 09:51 PM
Just a little tip for you - put a stop watch on your torque managed shifts from hell before you get too brave...

CVP33
03-02-06, 09:59 PM
sigh..................and still I wait.

DILLIGAF
03-02-06, 10:09 PM
I'm stock and my invitation still stands. I'll run any stock V. :thumbsup:In one month you've went from a loved,respected and honored V icon into a troll.:tisk:
Damn that hemi power:thepan:
Still stock=not for long:worship:

CVP33
03-02-06, 10:23 PM
In one month you've went from a loved,respected and honored V icon into a troll.:tisk:
Damn that hemi power:thepan:
Still stock=not for long:worship:

#1 - Hope you're joking about the troll comment. I will assume so and leave the bait.

#2 - I say the same thing. DAMN that hemi power!

3# - You're right. Even though I said I was going to keep it stock, mod's are calling.

StealthV
03-02-06, 10:26 PM
CVP. Your car isn't as fast as you think it is. Really.

Why would I make this up?

Don't judge the speed of your car by someone else running a 12.7 on the track...

Let's review....

1. Your Chrysler is heavier
2. Your Chrysler has a less efficient transmission
3. Your Chrysler takes more power to turn the big 20" wheels
4. Your Chrysler is less aerodynamic
5. Your Chrysler has 25 more horsepower
6. Your Chrysler has TM holding back shifts
7. Your Chrysler has a poorer final drive ratio

If the V lauches clean (and is a good power shifter), it'll be a lot closer than you think...think taillights...really.

Take your Chrysler to the track or dyno. Until then. :thehand:

wildwhl
03-02-06, 10:32 PM
How about this.

StealthV can vouch for the speed with which I shift.

CVP - wanna race - repeatedly - before they replace diff #4? Loser picks up the tab (or at least buys popcorn)?

:sneaky:

WW

CVP33
03-02-06, 10:34 PM
CVP. Your car isn't as fast as you think it is. Really.

Why would I make this up?

Don't judge the speed of your car by someone else running a 12.7 on the track...

Let's review....

1. Your Chrysler is heavier
2. Your Chrysler has a less efficient transmission
3. Your Chrysler takes more power to turn the big 20" wheels
4. Your Chrysler is less aerodynamic
5. Your Chrysler has 25 more horsepower
6. Your Chrysler has TM holding back shifts
7. Your Chrysler has a poorer final drive ratio

If the V lauches clean (and is a good power shifter), it'll be a lot closer than you think...think taillights...really.

Take your Chrysler to the track or dyno. Until then. :thehand:

And when I've gone to the track what then? Offer still stands. Any stock V, anytime. V's aren't the weakness, good drivers are and YOU know I'm right. That's why the hand :thehand: .

IF, IF, IF, IF, IF.
IF you have a good driver
IF you launch just right
IF it doesn't hop
IF you can slip the clutch just enough
IF you hit 2nd cleanly
IF you can get into 3rd with a rubbery shifter.

Too many IF's = odds in my favor.

CVP33
03-02-06, 10:36 PM
How about this.

StealthV can vouch for the speed with which I shift.

CVP - wanna race - repeatedly - before they replace diff #4? Loser picks up the tab (or at least buys popcorn)?

:sneaky:

WW

I will respectfully decline. :worship:

wildwhl
03-02-06, 10:41 PM
You know you're going to mod the piss out of your Chrysler.

And I KNOW after today that I'm going to have to actually break the diff into pieces to get it replaced, regardless of how noisey it is now since 1/2 the fluid leaked out on my 90 mile drive Monday...but they say the metal in the oil is "accepted wear and tear" and simply replaced a seal and topped off (not swapped) the fluid.

You are correct about the consistency part though Chris. I think StealthV's point is simply that most of us that have V's, have become quite consistent with the inconsistent shifting/wheel hop.

WW

StealthV
03-02-06, 10:44 PM
So when can I start Stealth8 tuning on your car CVP?

Say the word... :lildevil:

CVP33
03-02-06, 10:45 PM
You know you're going to mod the piss out of your Chrysler.

And I KNOW after today that I'm going to have to actually break the diff into pieces to get it replaced, regardless of how noisey it is now since 1/2 the fluid leaked out on my 90 mile drive Monday...but they say the metal in the oil is "accepted wear and tear" and simply replaced a seal and topped off (not swapped) the fluid.

You are correct about the consistency part though Chris. I think StealthV's point is simply that most of us that have V's, have become quite consistent with the inconsistent shifting/wheel hop.

WW

Point taken.

Sorry to hear about your diff. My last one was replaced due to a warped case that could no longer hold fluid. As far as breaking yours, I have a few ideas.

CVP33
03-02-06, 10:48 PM
So when can I start Stealth8 tuning on your car CVP?

Say the word... :lildevil:

Now you know that if ANYONE was going to tune this car it would be YOU. :thumbsup: Much lamenting on the 300c forums that the PCM is locked by DC. No plans to share code. Many have tried. Current tuning "tricks" the DC PCM into thinking certain conditions are present to enable changes in fuel delivery, shift algorithms, etc. Definitely a DC weakness. I suspect though that "power packs" are on the way. Much like the SRT-4 equipment.

StealthV
03-02-06, 10:54 PM
SRT8 Tuning? Um. Oops. I better shut up now. :)

Remember this in life: Any security system designed by humans can be circumnavigated by humans.

CVP33
03-02-06, 11:01 PM
Any security system designed by humans can be circumnavigated by humans.

Cast not pearls before swine. Your wit is wasted on most. :thumbsup:

wildwhl
03-02-06, 11:01 PM
I have no doubt the code can be cracked...it is simply a matter of want vs. time.

WW

CVP33
03-02-06, 11:04 PM
I have no doubt the code can be cracked...it is simply a matter of want vs. time.

WW

Modder's theorm:

$ > than sense + time x desire = solution.

Florian
03-02-06, 11:17 PM
WOW...I think I was sick that day from class. However, I have learned this equation: $ out of wifes grasp, spent on mods > than her having it at all.
Guess thats not really an equation, more like a theorum

F

dannystang
03-03-06, 09:08 AM
Modder's theorm:

$ > than sense + time x desire = solution.

Theorem

You wouldnt have made that mistake when you had the V CVP...

Solution = SRT8 + Trash Compactor

Katshot
03-03-06, 10:15 AM
Well, this spring we're having a track day. Can't remember right off hand if it's to be at Atco or E-Town but either way, hopefully we'll get some CTS-V's out there and finally see first-hand what they can do. Too much bench-racing on here for my liking. Like I always say, "bring it to the track". I've watched as two bone stock SRT-8's ran 12.8 and 12.9 last fall, so I'll be very interested to see what the 'V' can do. I'm guessing that even though the car IS powerful, there won't be any 12sec passes with a stock one but we'll see. As long as someone actually shows up to run.

M5eatr
03-03-06, 12:06 PM
I will be willing to go. Opps, I am modded though, I got a carseat. Seriously, I am willing to go with street tires completely bone dry stock....sacriligious, I know to you mod freaks here. Would want to see if the SovietRacingTeam8 is bone dry stock like the Siberian tundra.

Katshot
03-03-06, 01:59 PM
I will be willing to go. Opps, I am modded though, I got a carseat. Seriously, I am willing to go with street tires completely bone dry stock....sacriligious, I know to you mod freaks here. Would want to see if the SovietRacingTeam8 is bone dry stock like the Siberian tundra.

I posted a picture of the car sitting in line waiting to run with the hood up. You could plainly see that it even had the stock airbox in place.
I hope to see you and some others at the track.

M5eatr
03-03-06, 04:27 PM
I'll be there.

M5eatr
03-03-06, 04:29 PM
...toughguy.

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-03-06, 06:48 PM
OnStar's awesome. Saved me many times when my differential broke. Now other than calling 911 when your airbag deploys, provided you can't. Tell me one thing OnStar does that your cell phone can't.

Thing #1: Remote door unlock
Thing #2: Monthly vehicle diagnostics check sent to my computer (builds a nice database for record purposes should trouble arise).
Thing #3: Gives me a built in hands free automatic volume controlling phone so I can have a private car phone number in addition to my cell.
Thing #4: Apparently saved you several times and did so by you using a direct connection to trained "help" personnel - not a receptionist like you'd get with a cell phone.

.....all in addition to potentially saving your life with the 911 call..:confused:

CVP33
03-03-06, 08:48 PM
Thing #1: Remote door unlock
Thing #2: Monthly vehicle diagnostics check sent to my computer (builds a nice database for record purposes should trouble arise).
Thing #3: Gives me a built in hands free automatic volume controlling phone so I can have a private car phone number in addition to my cell.
Thing #4: Apparently saved you several times and did so by you using a direct connection to trained "help" personnel - not a receptionist like you'd get with a cell phone.

.....all in addition to potentially saving your life with the 911 call..:confused:

#1 - I've never in my life locked my keys in my car.
#2 - LOL. Not even going to touch that one.
#3 - Uconnect in the SRT-8 plus bluetooth compatible
#4 - So called "trained personnel" called a tow truck for my V on 4 occassions. I think I could've handled that just fine. :thumbsup:

DaveBlk
03-03-06, 11:04 PM
CVP33 time for great ridin 2006 Redline CTSV !! :highfive: If only to stay on the best forum .:stirpot: :eek: :stirpot: :eek: :alchi:

ctsvett
03-04-06, 02:23 AM
Not going to get into a pissing contest about the V vs srt8... I have better things to do.

However, the SRT8 guys certainly dont have a cool forum like the V guys (or a FAQ for that matter).. this is evident by the fact that you havent gone away Chris..

or is that you have not yet admitted that you love me instead of WW?

Reed

Ziplicon Tuesday
03-04-06, 10:05 AM
#1 - I've never in my life locked my keys in my car.
#2 - LOL. Not even going to touch that one.
#3 - Uconnect in the SRT-8 plus bluetooth compatible
#4 - So called "trained personnel" called a tow truck for my V on 4 occassions. I think I could've handled that just fine. :thumbsup:

But see, your question was to name one thing - not something YOU have value for....I named 4.

1. I have locked my keys in my car - plus the remote unlock impresses my daughter (a plus).
2. My point on the diagnostics is for the documentation purposes.
3. Uconnect does not give you a separate private phone number - a real plus for me....hands free too.
4. Never implied you couldn't handle it - only that it was handled for you with out you seeking a number, or knowing who to call (depending where you were).

I'm starting to think you're talking youself into liking the the SRT better. Maybe Reed has a point - apparently there is much less enthusiasm on the part of the drivers at your new forum (unless his other theory trumps).

So how's that boat on the twisty roads anyway? It would not do well on mine - twisty and hilly.

thebigjimsho
03-04-06, 03:46 PM
So how's that boat on the twisty roads anyway? It would not do well on mine - twisty and hilly.Why not try one out for yourself before making statements you know of not.

CVP33
03-04-06, 03:47 PM
But see, your question was to name one thing - not something YOU have value for....I named 4.

1. I have locked my keys in my car - plus the remote unlock impresses my daughter (a plus).
2. My point on the diagnostics is for the documentation purposes.
3. Uconnect does not give you a separate private phone number - a real plus for me....hands free too.
4. Never implied you couldn't handle it - only that it was handled for you with out you seeking a number, or knowing who to call (depending where you were).

I'm starting to think you're talking youself into liking the the SRT better. Maybe Reed has a point - apparently there is much less enthusiasm on the part of the drivers at your new forum (unless his other theory trumps).

So how's that boat on the twisty roads anyway? It would not do well on mine - twisty and hilly.

Reed vs. Wildwhl - Much more entertaining than V vs. SRT.

OnStar vs. cell phone - Who gives a rip?

Forum vs. Forum - with only 100's sold vs. 1,000's of V's the forum is well, slow. There are a few characters but obviously not the level that I have here.

I don't regret my purchase one bit for one second. Just no need to brag about the SRT here. Serves no purpose. I do miss my friends here though.

thebigjimsho
03-04-06, 04:05 PM
Just like what happened here, as the new car gets bought, the forum grows exponentially.

OK, Chris, get in your 3,000th post.

wildwhl
03-04-06, 04:10 PM
Reed -

You cannot have Chris. He is mine. Don't make me kick your ass, I like you.

WW

CVP33
03-04-06, 04:15 PM
Reed -

You cannot have Chris. He is mine. Don't make me kick your ass, I like you.

WW

Trust me I'm not worth fighting over. And YES BigJim that makes 3,000 posts! I can't think of a better post to summarize who I am and what I stand for on the forum than the post above. What could be sweeter than two male forum members fighting over a married man. :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

DILLIGAF
03-04-06, 04:18 PM
Reed vs. Wildwhl - Much more entertaining than V vs. SRT.

OnStar vs. cell phone - Who gives a rip?

Forum vs. Forum - with only 100's sold vs. 1,000's of V's the forum is well, slow. There are a few characters but obviously not the level that I have here.

I don't regret my purchase one bit for one second. Just no need to brag about the SRT here. Serves no purpose. I do miss my friends here though.Never say never.I have not installed those speakers you sold me because you might need them back when you get your next V.Or i'm just fn lazy.:thumbsup: This forum is 25% of my happy V ownership:grouphug:

CVP33
03-04-06, 04:22 PM
Never say never.I have not installed those speakers you sold me because you might need them back when you get your next V.Or i'm just fn lazy.:thumbsup: This forum is 25% of my happy V ownership:grouphug:

I can't argue with that. :highfive:

CVP33
03-10-06, 06:51 PM
Wildwhl and I went for a little bike ride yesterday. Just thought I'd share. He sure can drive. :thumbsup:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B15190C8-B6F0-4CC4-B52F-C9F55FCF2F9D.htm

DILLIGAF
03-10-06, 08:29 PM
Wildwhl and I went for a little bike ride yesterday. Just thought I'd share. He sure can drive. :thumbsup:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B15190C8-B6F0-4CC4-B52F-C9F55FCF2F9D.htm
He stopped short:bouncy:

CVP33
03-11-06, 05:34 AM
Here are some "did you knows" for the SRT-8. Some will say "do I care" but I'll assume we're all car guys here and interested in performance vehicles.

The 6.1L Hemi is an iron block not aluminum. The heads are aluminum.
The block is painted "hemi" orange. Very hard to see under the accesories.
The crank is forged.
The motor has two spark plugs per cylinder. Whoa, I didn't even know that.
The intake valves are hollow to reduce weight.
The exhaust valeves are sodium filled.
The suspension has Bilstein shocks in front and Sachs Nivomat shocks in back.
There are a bank of oil jets on each side of the motor that spray the underside of the piston to help keep them cool.
The 6.1L take 7 quarts of 0-W40 sythetic oil. Unless you live in the south then 5-W40 is fine.
The engine is a "throttle by wire" set up.

DILLIGAF
03-11-06, 08:33 AM
Here are some "did you knows" for the SRT-8. Some will say "do I care" but I'll assume we're all car guys here and interested in performance vehicles.

The 6.1L Hemi is an iron block not aluminum. The heads are aluminum.
The block is painted "hemi" orange. Very hard to see under the accesories.
The crank is forged.
The motor has two spark plugs per cylinder. Whoa, I didn't even know that.
The intake valves are hollow to reduce weight.
The exhaust valeves are sodium filled.
The suspension has Bilstein shocks in front and Sachs Nivomat shocks in back.
There are a bank of oil jets on each side of the motor that spray the piston tops to help keep them cool.
The 6.1L take 7 quarts of 0-W40 sythetic oil. Unless you live in the south then 5-W40 is fine.
The engine is a "throttle by wire" set up.Is your motor a (true)hemi engine or not?:stirpot:

10secvette
03-11-06, 08:59 AM
There are a bank of oil jets on each side of the motor that spray the piston tops to help keep them cool..

The top or then underside of the top, Hmm.?

CVP33
03-11-06, 10:06 AM
The top or then underside of the top, Hmm.?

Underside. Bottom of the tops. :thumbsup:

CVP33
03-11-06, 10:07 AM
Is your motor a (true)hemi engine or not?:stirpot:

No, just a 6.1L beast. Dyno's at 365 rwhp.

lawfive
03-11-06, 10:39 AM
I'm starting to think you're talking youself into liking the the SRT better. Maybe Reed has a point - apparently there is much less enthusiasm on the part of the drivers at your new forum

You should see the SoCal meet they've got going on the 300C forum, open to all LX platforms. They've got hundreds of people signed up to meet at DCX's Irvine locale. I'm one... Just to look, you understand. Can't even bring the V into the area.

CVP33
03-12-06, 01:26 PM
Went to my first Meet and Greet at First TEAM Dodge in Chesapeake. Nice people. Give aways were Mopar oil filter, mouse pad, great food and they sold me the Mopar CAI for $298 vs. $339 list. :thumbsup:

Had an impromptu family reunion of sorts. All SRT-8's except the Jeep and all in Brilliant Black

Charger SRT-8
300C SRT-8
Magnum SRT-8 (with great sounding Zoomers exhaust and RKsports cowl hood)

DILLIGAF
03-12-06, 02:00 PM
Went to my first Meet and Greet at First TEAM Dodge in Chesapeake. Nice people. Give aways were Mopar oil filter, mouse pad, great food and they sold me the Mopar CAI for $298 vs. $339 list. :thumbsup:

Had an impromptu family reunion of sorts. All SRT-8's except the Jeep and all in Brilliant Black

Charger SRT-8
300C SRT-8
Magnum SRT-8 (with great sounding Zoomers exhaust and RKsports cowl hood)Next time you meet black out your grill.Cool pics!:worship:

thebigjimsho
03-12-06, 02:34 PM
Glad to hear you had fun at the AC/DC, I mean the DC meet you guys had.

2004ctsv
03-12-06, 06:24 PM
Those cars look like they belong under the Mickey Dee sign

T

wildwhl
03-12-06, 06:27 PM
2004ctsv -

Those aren't the Mickey Dee managers having a reunion. They work at the mini-mart.

CVP33
03-12-06, 07:16 PM
2004ctsv -

Those aren't the Mickey Dee managers having a reunion. They work at the mini-mart.

Unfortunately one guy was a real loser. Kept on ranting about owning his own printing company or some shit. What a moron. :thepan:

thebigjimsho
03-12-06, 09:03 PM
Unfortunately one guy was a real loser. Kept on ranting about owning his own printing company or some shit. What a moron. :thepan::histeric: