: Advice on Exterior?

++Fixx++
02-23-06, 06:52 PM
Was wondering if I could get some advice with my 04 V. I have the Black and have noticed lots of fine scratches all over the clear coat, or at least I hope its the clear coat and not the actual paint. What would you have done to remove the fine scratches and then to better protect the paint? I am looking into the Clear Bra as well to better protect the front end. My local detail shop wants to use a certain polish to buff out the scratches and then use a high end wax for better protection. I am amazed with only 6k miles this thing is covered with fine scratches as if the previous owner had no care in how he cleaned her up.:tisk: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

++Fixx++

kjr39
02-23-06, 07:12 PM
Here you go:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/63661-looking-good-wax.html?highlight=zaino

++Fixx++
02-24-06, 03:01 PM

++Fixx++

04CTSVFLA
02-24-06, 03:10 PM
i had this problem too. Wax will mask it somewhat. But the moment you get under a gas station lights at night, or the right angle of the sun - you will seethem again. I feel whats truely needed is a wetsand and buff or maybe a color wetsand (something new, im unfamiliar with it) i am planning on doing this sometime soon.

jspridge
02-24-06, 04:18 PM
I had the same problem, and after checking with reputable detailers in the area, I discovered that it would cost around $200 to have the car polished properly to remove the light scratches. Rather than spend that much money on having someone else do this one time, I decided to invest that money in the equipment to do it myself (wife has a black Lexus SUV, so this is not the only vehicle in the family with the "sunny day" problem). So, for about $159, I purchased a Porter Cable 7424 Random Orbital Buffer with a velcro backing plate and a few polishing pads, plus a bottle of Poorboy's Super Swirl Remover and a small container of Klasse, and did the work myself. I'm not going to say that it's easy, but the result was certainly satisfying, and I don't have any additional out of pocket expense to do my wife's car, or to do mine again.

SoCadillac
02-24-06, 07:31 PM
i had this problem too. Wax will mask it somewhat. But the moment you get under a gas station lights at night, or the right angle of the sun - you will see them again. I feel whats truely needed is a wetsand and buff or maybe a color wetsand (something new, im unfamiliar with it) i am planning on doing this sometime soon.
Be careful wet sanding out your paint as both GM and Ford are a mixed bag when it comes to paint quality, just go to any higher-end paint shop and they'll tell you that.