: Should I do it or not? Would you?

Spittin Game
02-23-06, 12:30 AM
I have a guy that I am supposed to meet here soon to talk about a trade for my White Diamond Lade for his Black EXT. Mine is pretty much mint, tv, dvd, 44,500 miles. His as far as I know is in good condition (gotta see it and drive it first), but has 55,000 miles. Thats like an extra year of driving for me. Both 02. Would you do the trade if you were in my shoes? I really want an EXT, but I love mine, and the miles are a bit higher than what I have now. So pretty much just wondering what some of you think of the deal.:)

hornyjuan
02-23-06, 12:43 AM
Have both vehicles costed out including mods and see what the price difference is. Have him pay the difference if he feels it's a fair trade. 10,000 miles isn't that bad...I do that in 3 months. But both are out of warranty (or at least close to being out of warranty being a 2002) so not really an issue. But as far as a straight up trade...it depends on how bad you want a ext and how bad he wants a regular escalade. I would say bring a friend or someone with some mechanical knowledge to inspect the car if you do decide to trade.

ladetwin
02-23-06, 12:51 AM
You got to do what you feel good about:highfive: .....If it were me, I would not make the trade....your Escalade would retail for more even if the milage were the same, now add to your's the 'less' miles, 'condition' (you say yours is MINT).....I bet you could find a trade that is better than this...:thehand:

TaTownBacker
02-23-06, 01:17 AM
No way! Keep the regular version. You will be kicking yourself if you trade.

Are you sure your Lade is an '02 and not an '03 (maybe bought used), because I thought WHite Diamond didn't become available until '03. I could be wrong though.

Ta TownBacker

hornyjuan
02-23-06, 02:21 AM

Are you sure your Lade is an '02 and not an '03 (maybe bought used), because I thought WHite Diamond didn't become available until '03. I could be wrong though.

Ta TownBacker

Nope...mine is an '02 White Diamond.

hcvone
02-23-06, 09:49 AM
Have you owned a black car or truck before, it is many times harder to keep a black truck looking good if you are used to a white truck. For my needs the standard Escalade offers me more than the EXT, but everyone uses their cars/trucks different. :)

jrs05caddyext
02-23-06, 10:45 AM
:yeah: Once you go black you wont go back......trust me im never getting a black car again...

hcvone
02-23-06, 11:00 AM
:yeah: Once you go black you wont go back......trust me im never getting a black car again...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Synergetic
02-23-06, 11:01 AM

Nah, not with me. :)

We're repainting my Escalade. Its currently two tone with black and the next paint job will have black in it as well. Black is classy and appealing. Unless it was raining, and even then... you shouldn't be getting your Escalade that dirty. I manage to keep mine clean, even with rainy weather.

hcvone
02-23-06, 11:04 AM
Nah, not with me. :)

We're repainting my Escalade. Its currently two tone with black and the next paint job will have black in it as well. Black is classy and appealing. Unless it was raining, and even then... you shouldn't be getting your Escalade that dirty. I manage to keep mine clean, even with rainy weather.

I guess mine would make you sick right now, just came back from upstate NY and 3 foot of snow, there is so much mud, salt and sand on my truck I kid you not you can not tell it's white, it will look normal by tonight. ;) It's a truck, it's made to play in the mud and water. ;)

manny5700
02-23-06, 01:44 PM

ain't that the f'ing truth?!

Spittin Game
02-23-06, 01:57 PM

Ta TownBacker

lol, Im pretty sure I know what year my Escalade is.:histeric:

Spittin Game
02-23-06, 01:58 PM
And is black really that hard to keep looking good? Ive never owned a black car, Ive owned a really dark blue car and it wasnt too bad to keep clean.

hcvone
02-23-06, 03:05 PM
Black is harder than dark blue for sure, the real problem is the size of the truck, at least with a car you car reach all the areas without ladders.

brandonbyrd
02-23-06, 04:05 PM
maine u always gotta hit uip on dat black ad blue

Synergetic
02-23-06, 05:50 PM
I guess mine would make you sick right now, just came back from upstate NY and 3 foot of snow, there is so much mud, salt and sand on my truck I kid you not you can not tell it's white, it will look normal by tonight. ;) It's a truck, it's made to play in the mud and water. ;)

Ok, I lied. Here is a pretty dirty shot of my Escalade. Well, not lied. Black is still appealing and classy. Dust and dirt just shows up more on black, rather than other colors. It just depends on how much driving you're doing, how often you wash your vehicle, where you live and where you're driving, the weather you're driving in, etc. I don't ever want my Escalade to see snow, she is like my baby. :)

Falkolade
02-23-06, 06:50 PM
I would consider it, I like the ext a lot better than the regular escalade, but the escalade was a more practical purchase for me, and imo the 02-06 exts look better than the 07 exts by far!!!

Boombotz
02-23-06, 09:05 PM
I will never own a black truck ever again. Yes they look awesome when it was detailed, but got dirty very quickly, I spent so much time detailing that truck to stop water spots and tried to avoid the hair line swirl marks. I gave up and sold it. It drove me nuts.