: What are they really worth?

Sky High Ent.
02-22-06, 07:40 PM
I have an 02 Escalade I was thinking about selling privately , but not sure how much to ask. It has 55K , Volant, Corsa, AVIC N2, 24 Dub Big Homies - Tires still good, Excellent shape.

I checked online and see them going for 28 to 34 K depending on mileage. Do you think 35K is too much to ask for mine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Skyhighent/000_1028.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Skyhighent/000_1027.jpg

mikeee
02-22-06, 08:04 PM
I think your wheels will surely bump the price, but the stock ones are everywhere for mid 20's. 35k might be a tough sale, maybe if youre incredibly patient and find someone who really wants those mods.

Rolex
02-22-06, 09:15 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/hornav/edmunds/frame_a.jsp?restype=used (http://www.autotrader.com/hornav/edmunds/frame_a.jsp?restype=used)

The above is a free link that provides one of the very best true market estimates available IMO. I have said before that you will re-coup very little of the money you have put into modifying your Escalade. I'm not sure how to get a good idea of how much those wheels and tires "add" to the vehicle value, but you could always sell them seperately on Ebay and replace the factory wheels. Aftermarket wheels and exhaust can even turn some potential buyers away.

The local market for big SUVs has been kind of cold for some time. You can always ask 35k, but at least in my area you'd never get it. The true wholesale / auction block value of your Lade [locally] is around 24k, with the high end retail around 28-29k. The only thing from your list of mods that adds any value is the wheels IMO. Estimate 30% of the total invested cost in the wheels and tires and add that to the asking price. Good luck.

ETA: if you bought those wheels and tires new, you might add up to 50% of their cost to the asking price since you've only had them for a few months.

fast66
02-22-06, 09:29 PM
your selling yours already, didnt you just buy it?

Rolex
02-22-06, 09:46 PM

IIRC he bought it very near the end of 2005. I wonder what the reason for selling it is? :hmm: :tisk:

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-22-06, 09:49 PM
I am guessing he is upgrading to a 2007. If not, I would really like to know why he is selling.

Thanks.

Sky High Ent.
02-22-06, 10:25 PM
I'm not really in a hurry and I'm definitely not in the market for an 07.
In my area I looked and they're running around 30K stock with my mileage. A broker told me he can get one at auction for around 28-29K
I added a few things, I was hoping to at least get low 30's.

I'm thinking about a CTS V or a new Vette. I'm a sports car guy, this is my first truck. I just see one every other block , espescially white

hcvone
02-23-06, 08:54 AM
From someone who mods their cars and trucks too much let me say that your mods add almost nothing to the sale price, as said above, the best you can hope for is getting the higher end of the KBB & Edmunds, but that depends on mileage and the shape of your car/truck, I had trouble getting 32k for my 03' with 28k miles, and my truck is perfect as it's used at many local car shows.

jrs05caddyext
02-23-06, 09:49 AM
Selling it already? I think that 35k would be a little to much. Check around your area and see what their going for.

Synergetic
02-23-06, 09:53 AM
I live near Sky High Ent., about 15 minutes away. The local dealership just a month or so ago sold a 2002 for something like $36,000 and that was with 22's and nothing else. It all depends on how patient you are, and how well you can market your vehicle.

Falkolade
02-23-06, 05:53 PM
esclades hold no part of their value really... personally i don't care and i knew it was not a "value" purchase at the time...

integline
02-24-06, 12:31 PM
I would be interested in buying your Volant off of you. I live in So Cal. If your interested email me at TEamsolous@yahoo.com

Also did you have any problems with installing the pioneer? does reear work, steering wheel ? etc etc

Sky High Ent.
02-24-06, 01:26 PM
I would be interested in buying your Volant off of you. I live in So Cal. If your interested email me at TEamsolous@yahoo.com

Also did you have any problems with installing the pioneer? does reear work, steering wheel ? etc etc

Yeah I'm not parting it out sorry.
I had the AVIC installed at a a shop. Everything still works, I know I paid extra to have the steering controls work , some piece I had to buy

jordan00escalade
02-25-06, 08:39 PM
Yea.. I seen Sky's Escalade on Craigslist. With only 55K and all the upgrades I think you will get close to 35 if not the whole thing. Stick it out, see what happens. Personally we are getting rid of our Explorer and getting another Escalade (atleast an 02) later this year, if the timing was right I'd talk with you about yours. Like I said though man, Hang in there and see what happens.

Sky High Ent.
02-25-06, 09:34 PM
Yea.. I seen Sky's Escalade on Craigslist. With only 55K and all the upgrades I think you will get close to 35 if not the whole thing. Stick it out, see what happens. Personally we are getting rid of our Explorer and getting another Escalade (atleast an 02) later this year, if the timing was right I'd talk with you about yours. Like I said though man, Hang in there and see what happens.
I'm in no rush to sell it, I rarely drive it as it is. So who knows, whenever you're in the market for one, hit me up and i might still have it.

jordan00escalade
02-25-06, 10:00 PM
Bet That!.. I'm a big fan of those BIG HOMIE's, and the Diamond White (pearl) is wifey's favorite color on the Escalade. You aren't going to have much of a problem selling an SUV like yours.

slk230mb
02-26-06, 10:23 AM
Sky High, is that Aspen White or White Diamond?

Sky High Ent.
02-26-06, 01:36 PM
Sky High, is that Aspen White or White Diamond?
White Diamond, or whatever one Pearl White is.