: DVD player install?

William of SC
02-22-06, 06:47 PM
Hi guys, I have a 2004 Escalade EXT with sunroof and navigation but no dvd entertainment. After wanting a dvd player for some time, I bought a factory unit off EBay. The unit came with no wiring so I figured that I can buy the harness from muy local Cadillac dealer. After visiting the parts counter, I found out that the only harness that goes to the roof is the main harness and it costs $1200. I don't think that this is the harness that I need. My question is: DO ESCALADES COME FROM THE FACTORY PRE-WIRED FOR REAR ENTERTAINMENT? Is the wiring harness somewhere in the headliner? Please someone let me know. Thanks, William.

pootie
02-24-06, 09:20 AM
bump to this. I would like to know also.

B Duncan
02-24-06, 10:56 AM
I am not sure but I don't think the DVD system wiring is there. I have an '03 with a dealer installed DVD system using an Audiovox DVD Player/TV Tuner and a Rosen pull down screen. I removed the ceiling mounted screen to check how it was mounted and could clearly see that all the wiring was run by the installation company. The DVD player is under one of the 2nd row seats and I can also see non factory wiring and connections there. I would check out aftermarket systems and installations - my system peforms perfectly, has a much larger than GM screen, plays either thru the vehicle sound system or using wireless head phones and includes remote controls. I am amazed by the TV reception and picture.

Izzy
03-08-08, 11:30 PM
William of SC, I have a 2003 ESV and also got a factory unit to install in my truck.I was lucky enough to have received the plug for the unit with 8 inches of wiring.The wires are not there and the bracket to mount it to is not either.The bracket is part of the sunroof frame(over $1000 from GM).Its a big job but you have to drop the headliner and remove the sunroof frame.Then make a template of the dvd unit(if its like mine,player on the right side of the screen,you need 2 "slots" for the "hooks" and 3 holes for the bolts).Get some speed nuts,like what is used for fenders,and some longer bolts that fit them.you will need to make holes next to the ones that line up with the mounting bolts and slip the speed nuts in so they line up with the mounting holes.After you make the template, transfer the mesurements to a piece of metal that fits inside the sunroof frame rails.I installed the sunroof shade back into the frame while its on the floor so you can make sure the piece of metal doesnt get in the way.The metal piece needs to be rivited in place.I was also able to tack weld the metal piece to an exisiting piece of metel that is part of the sunroof frame.While putting the whole thing back together make sure that nothing interferes with the sunroof shade.I dont know where you can get the factory connecter but thats the only one you need, you can make the rest of the harness.Hope this helps, if you need more info let me know I'll try to help more.

yourgmsolutions
03-08-08, 11:40 PM
I know evrything about it ( had to deal with this once)
1. I had to make my own mounting Bracket ( but that was easy part )
2. Dealer had to order 2 harnesses. 1 of them (for DVD), comes only with a headliner
3. In Order to install second harness, I had to take (literally) the whole dash assembly along with console out of the vehicle, remove current harness and reinstall the other one

ZaC851
03-09-08, 01:57 AM
I dunno how simliar our years are but heres my 02 that I bought

Theres gotta be something out there for it

http://zac851.googlepages.com/ent1_1024x768.jpg

http://zac851.googlepages.com/ent2_1024x768.jpg

deedubb
03-09-08, 02:04 PM
I want this!! Where do I find it??

http://zac851.googlepages.com/ent2_1024x768.jpg

ZaC851
03-09-08, 02:18 PM
Dealership maybe :noidea: I'm the second owner of it...but it looks pretty factory to me.