: Hello & Question

95Concours
01-04-04, 03:31 PM
Hello,

First off, thanks to all who make this forum what it is, it is one of the best looking and informative forums I have been to..

I am considering buying a 95 deville concours with 64,000 miles... Is there anything specific/problematic these cars have I should look for? Also how reliable and problem free is the typical 4.6 northstar engine?

I do not own a caddy right now, but I did own a 64 deville a few years back, I regret selling it to this day... I want the joy back when I drive

Thanks again!

BUILDINGCTSAMG
01-04-04, 04:43 PM
Hello and welcome aboard......post pictures of the car your looking at.....
Most important on these cars is how the last owner took care of her......64k is not a lot of miles for a 95, but that does not mean it was not abused.....

Fritzi
01-06-04, 01:46 PM
welcome:welcome:

Ed_B
01-11-04, 02:49 PM
Hello,

I am considering buying a 95 deville concours with 64,000 miles... Is there anything specific/problematic these cars have I should look for? Also how reliable and problem free is the typical 4.6 northstar engine?

Thanks again!

Hi, WantOne:

I just got a '99 Eldorado with the 4.6L Northstar engine about 4 months ago and it is a superb machine. Although I have not owned this car long enough or put enough miles on it to know about reliability, I have read a lot about it. This engine seems to be fairly reliable as long as it is well maintained. Let the maintenance slip, however, and you are asking for big-time trouble. While this is true of any machine, the NorthStar engines seem to be an extreme example of this. Since I have always babied my cars and gotten great reliability and longevity out of them, this should not a problem for me. Someone recently posted the NorthStar maintenance schedule hereabouts and it would be well worth your time to look it up and save a copy for future reference.

Regards,

Ed_B