: Trailer Hitches

Nasty Black Lac
02-22-06, 03:49 PM
My escalade didn't come with a factory trailer hitch. What drawbacks does this present? I know I can get an aftermarket hitch, but what will the differences be? I'm glad to know that my 03 has been pullin $hit around the country for the past 3 years, but I wish it came with one...

jrs05caddyext
02-22-06, 03:58 PM
My escalade didn't come with a factory trailer hitch. What drawbacks does this present? I know I can get an aftermarket hitch, but what will the differences be? I'm glad to know that my 03 has been pullin $hit around the country for the past 3 years, but I wish it came with one...

I have 2 if you’re interested.

Nasty Black Lac
02-22-06, 04:12 PM
I have 2 if you’re interested.

Do you have the whole setup, or just the part that has the ball? My lade has nothin'.

jrs05caddyext
02-22-06, 04:51 PM
Do you have the whole setup, or just the part that has the ball? My lade has nothin'.

The whole hitch. I took them of my old 2002 EXT and now my new 2005 EXT.

Nasty Black Lac
02-22-06, 07:31 PM
The whole hitch. I took them of my old 2002 EXT and now my new 2005 EXT.

How hard are they to install? Are they pre-drilled or do you have to drill holes? My 1st car was a Bronco II and they had to use a HUGE drill with a 'lever' to drill holes. That's out of my league, but I can do it if it is pre-drilled.

Falkolade
02-22-06, 11:26 PM
hitch... i think most escalade's hitches have seen no use... i use mine for to tow my jet skis, like 20 times a year in the summer... thats it though

40 Acres
02-22-06, 11:47 PM
I use mine all the time...(boat & trailer)I thought they all come with hitches. It tow better than my Suburban. the lade AWD has 8400lbs tow capacity.

jrs05caddyext
02-23-06, 09:56 AM
How hard are they to install? Are they pre-drilled or do you have to drill holes? My 1st car was a Bronco II and they had to use a HUGE drill with a 'lever' to drill holes. That's out of my league, but I can do it if it is pre-drilled.

The ones that I have are already drilled since they came off my EXTs. I'll take pics later today.

Nasty Black Lac
02-23-06, 10:59 AM
The ones that I have are already drilled since they came off my EXTs. I'll take pics later today.

Would mine have holes drilled from the factory? I guess I'll have to look.