: window tint

Nasty Black Lac
02-22-06, 03:46 PM
What percent do you all have? I had 20% on my mustang and loved it. Who has 5% and do you like it? Opinions please.

For those who can't have tint in your state, I am sorry. Please don't tell me your local laws...

fast66
02-22-06, 03:52 PM
I had 5% all around, and I liked it. hard to see at night though but you can just put your window down. I had to take the front pair off for a ticket though :(

jrs05caddyext
02-22-06, 03:56 PM
What percent do you all have? I had 20% on my mustang and loved it. Who has 5% and do you like it? Opinions please.

For those who can't have tint in your state, I am sorry. Please don't tell me your local laws...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/62740-can-you-use-5-tint-rear.html?highlight=tint

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/52440-possible-tint-rear-window-ext.html?highlight=tint

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/53093-question-about-tint-window.html?highlight=tint

Nasty Black Lac
02-22-06, 04:03 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/62740-can-you-use-5-tint-rear.html?highlight=tint

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/52440-possible-tint-rear-window-ext.html?highlight=tint

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/53093-question-about-tint-window.html?highlight=tint

Thanks. I guess I should use the 'Search' feature more!

Nasty Black Lac
02-22-06, 04:04 PM
My local shop said it is normally $239, but they would do it for $200. What is everyone else paying?

ederbsn
02-22-06, 04:57 PM
anyone know of good reputable tint shops in Houston or surrounding areas--specifically SE side

hcvone
02-22-06, 05:00 PM
I have 15% to match the stock factory tint, it's pretty close, slightly lighter.

Spittin Game
02-22-06, 05:28 PM
Factory is 20%. But different tinters have different darkness levels to each of their %'s. Just take to a pro and have him match it. The guy that did my fronts matched it pretty close to perfect and used 20%.

brett79
02-22-06, 05:50 PM
Factory is 20%. But different tinters have different darkness levels to each of their %'s. Just take to a pro and have him match it. The guy that did my fronts matched it pretty close to perfect and used 20%.

Same here. Just pay for the front two, the others are all pretty dark. I have had 5% on my cars before, and man it's a B#^@tch to see out of. It would suck to run someone over bc you couldn't see them:eek:

mja
02-22-06, 05:52 PM
I have 15% on the 2 front doors it matches the factory tint perfect. Nasty Black Lac your Chrome Tow hooks are on the way. I am now sold out until my next shipments comes in, They have been selling like hot cakes. I also included new mounting bolts with them :thumbsup:

vietfob714
02-22-06, 05:52 PM
i also put 20% on the front to match the stock... got a ticket... bastard CHP but now i have 35% on the front 20% on the rear and 20% on the rear window... so far so good. Doesnt match as well but no ticket yet *knock on wood*

Nasty Black Lac
02-22-06, 07:27 PM
I have 15% on the 2 front doors it matches the factory tint perfect. Nasty Black Lac your Chrome Tow hooks are on the way. I am now sold out until my next shipments comes in, They have been selling like hot cakes. I also included new mounting bolts with them :thumbsup:

You da man. Thanks, can't wait to get them on! I can't believe they don't come with chrome ones to begin with!!!

Boombotz
02-22-06, 07:31 PM
My local shop said it is normally $239, but they would do it for $200. What is everyone else paying?

I paid $80.00 for the front 2 windows to match the rest of the truck.

Sinisterj
02-22-06, 08:59 PM
I have 15% On all of the rear over the factory tint and 5% in the front two windows and it matches up pretty good:thumbsup:

Nasty Black Lac
02-23-06, 12:54 PM
I'm goin' 5% all the way around...

Sinisterj
02-23-06, 03:00 PM
I'm goin' 5% all the way around...

You may want to consider 15% on the back windows it will match up with 5% in the front 15% over stock tint basically makes it 5% and it is DARK like you can hardly see. I would never put 5% over the back windows you will not be able to see at all trust me.

brandonbyrd
02-23-06, 03:04 PM
naw mine u gotta get dat 5% tint and keep it real

jordan00escalade
02-24-06, 09:37 PM
I paid 250 for my 2 front windows to match the other windows.. 20%
Kinda feel like I got robbed after reading some of the other posts

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-25-06, 01:14 AM
I placed 15% on the front two windows which matches up perfectly with the rest of the windows. I am thinking about tinting my windshield to some extent because too much light is coming through the front making my tint look a lot lighter than it is. I want my Escalade to have the black window look with the White Diamond paint. It will look sweet when I'm done with it.

Thanks.

PeteESC07
02-25-06, 09:37 AM
Just wondering....any of you guys got pulled over for tinting your front windows?......I would love to do mine, but the cops in my neighborhood will pull you over for ANYTHING!

jrs05caddyext
02-25-06, 02:06 PM
Just wondering....any of you guys got pulled over for tinting your front windows?......I would love to do mine, but the cops in my neighborhood will pull you over for ANYTHING!

Yea but they are only $15 dollar fix-a-ticket.

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-25-06, 04:23 PM

Not really where I live. I am down in South Florida and there are so many cars and trucks with tinted windows that the cops would have a field day so I guess they decided to go against pulling people over for the tints. It is one of those laws where you would have to do something illegal like speed and then when they pull you over, they will say something about your tint, but they won't pull you over just for your tint.

Thanks.

jordan00escalade
02-25-06, 11:31 PM
I've been pulled over just up the street from my house. They gave me a warning and let me go, I've caught a few other officers in violation of wreckless eyeballing at a few intersections. For the most part I've only been pulled over once.

Synergetic
02-26-06, 10:35 AM
I've been pulled over just up the street from my house. They gave me a warning and let me go, I've caught a few other officers in violation of wreckless eyeballing at a few intersections. For the most part I've only been pulled over once.

I've been pulled over a few times for my tint on my front windows. In fact, I got pulled over in front of my house a few months ago. The guy asked me where i lived as he pulled me over when I was coming down the street to my driveway. I told him "You just pulled me over in front of my freakin' house!" I still haven't got that ticket signed off and had an extension through court till March 13 to get it signed off. I'll probably forget, again...