: New F1 Runflat

roadracerx72
02-22-06, 02:09 PM
A month ago I ran over a screw. So I took it to the local tire shop for a patch. Seems they could not get the patch to work and told me I might have to buy a new tire. (yeah right) So I monitored the psi on the patched tire for a month. It was losing about 4 psi a week. Basically just sitting in my garage. So I went looking through the classifieds and ebay for a used tire. That was until I found the pamphlet that came with my V that said my tires were warrantied against any road hazard for the first 12 months or 2/32nds tread wear. Since my tires are 2004, Goodyear prorated me a band new runflat.

Brand new Tire: 351.00
Prorate reduction: -263.25
I pay 115.32 OTD.

That was still an expensive screw with only 2400 miles on the car but I love Goodyears warranty.

Kidhummer
02-22-06, 02:46 PM
i got a screw in my 06 cts-v. I got it patched. It is holding up okay but I would love a new tire. How do I proceed in the future?

NOCTS-V
02-22-06, 02:51 PM
My 04 has 15k and more then 2/32 gone. Backed it out Monday after sitting up for 2 weeks only to have zero pressure in passenger rear from a nail. Stopped at the first place i pass, a Firestone facility. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif They said no problem, I took my GF to a restraunt across the street. Get a call from Firestone run flats can not be repaired. I know better so I go back and pick up my V making huge mistake in not checking car/wheel. Drive down to a Goodyear dealer, says can fix no problem. We look at tire/rim Firestone left a few blems on the rim the rotten bast*&^s. Goodyear guy fixes tire for $45.00 plus tax. Plenty steep for a flat repair.http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

roadracerx72
02-22-06, 03:20 PM
i got a screw in my 06 cts-v. I got it patched. It is holding up okay but I would love a new tire. How do I proceed in the future?

You should have the GoodYear Owner's Manual and Limited Warranty pamplet in your glove box when you bought your V. All you need is a GoodYear dealer near you and tell them what your problem is. They will contact GoodYear and since you bought the car with the tires they need your DOT # to find out when the tire was made. They will prorate it based on the date of manufacture and your tread depth (if your tire was manufactured more than 12 months ago). If less than 12 months and you have a "problem due to a road hazard injury" your tire is free.

So if your patched tire on your V is giving you a problem, take it in. :thumbsup:

50 4Ever
02-22-06, 03:21 PM
My 04 has 15k and more then 2/32 gone. Backed it out Monday after sitting up for 2 weeks only to have zero pressure in passenger rear from a nail. Stopped at the first place i pass, a Firestone facility. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif They said no problem, I took my GF to a restraunt across the street. Get a call from Firestone run flats can not be repaired. I know better so I go back and pick up my V making huge mistake in not checking car/wheel. Drive down to a Goodyear dealer, says can fix no problem. We look at tire/rim Firestone left a few blems on the rim the rotten bast*&^s. Goodyear guy fixes tire for $45.00 plus tax. Plenty steep for a flat repair.http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Firestone runflats cannot be repaired, maybe they didn't know that GY's could. (Firestone will not stand behind one of their runflats that has been repaired).

tedcmiller
02-23-06, 02:00 PM
I had a nail hole in one of my Eagle F1 run-flats plugged by the dealer and never had any problems. I now have Bridgestone Potenza RE050 run-flats on the car. If I get a nail in one of these, I will have it externally plugged just like the Goodyear tire. I would not remove the tire from the rim unless absolutely necessary. An internal patch is definitely more reliable than an external plug, but then you have to dismount the tire which can result in numerous problems including out-of-balance, ruined TPMs, scratches on the rims, etc. My approach is to do only what is absolutely necessary to correct the problem.