: Daytime Running Lights for Brougham

caddieboy
02-21-06, 05:58 PM
Can anyone help me out? Did the 1992 Brougham have Daytime Running Lights? On a side note, is it easy to install or create daytime running lights?

In order to bring my 92 Brougham up to code, it needs to have daytime running lights. I notice that without pulling the lamp knob, the lights came on when I turned the key in the ignition. Is this what they call Twilight Sentinel kicking in? I got into the habit of not pulling the knob, but noticed that they weren't on one time. I forget the conditions, and right now I don't have access to the car to check.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

brougham
02-22-06, 02:02 AM
They're supposed to have it but almost all the ones I've seen don't. Twilight Sentinel turns the headlights on by themselves when it's dark out so maybe that's whats happening when you turn on the ignition.

DaveSmed
02-24-06, 11:12 PM
Well, if it is needed to get the car to pass some kind of inspection, a little bit of black tape on the twilight sentinel sensor would do the trick...

caddieboy
02-24-06, 11:29 PM
Well, if it is needed to get the car to pass some kind of inspection, a little bit of black tape on the twilight sentinel sensor would do the trick...

That is Genuis!!! Why the hell didn't I think of that!? Here I am thinking about taking it in after it gets darker and stuff.

Now... where the hell is the sensor? =oD

brougham
02-25-06, 01:35 AM
It's on the dashboard under one of the speaker covers.

caddieboy
02-25-06, 03:48 AM
It's on the dashboard under one of the speaker covers.

I just sent you a note. Thanks for this!!!

brougham
02-25-06, 07:43 PM
I just sent you a note. Thanks for this!!!

Ill go look. You're welcome!

caddieboy
02-26-06, 12:18 AM
Ill go look. You're welcome!

I'm not sure how easy it will be to get under the speaker covers. Do they just pop off or is it an entire dash complexity? My Helms manual is in the trunk and it's cold and I'm tired and warm :D