: Which Suspension Do I Have?

Carnalsupply
02-21-06, 01:08 PM
:confused: I bought my V from a friend, and when I did the only paperwork I got was the original window sticker, and no place on that sticker can I find any reference to which suspension is on my car. My questions are:
1) Does the lack of mention indicate the car has the base FE4 shocks?
2) Is there any way of telling the two types of shocks apart via a visual inspection?
3) Does the V have the self-leveling feature regardless of which shock package is on the car?

Thanks

BowenCT
02-21-06, 01:11 PM
1) Yes
2) Yes, there is a yellow sticker on each shock, check the faq site for correct part numbers.
3) Yes

Kadonny
02-21-06, 01:12 PM
:confused: I bought my V from a friend, and when I did the only paperwork I got was the original window sticker, and no place on that sticker can I find any reference to which suspension is on my car. My questions are:
1) Does the lack of mention indicate the car has the base FE4 shocks?
2) Is there any way of telling the two types of shocks apart via a visual inspection?
3) Does the V have the self-leveling feature regardless of which shock package is on the car?

Thanks

1. The FG2 is a dealer installed option and will not be on the window sticker.

2. Yes there is a way to tell the difference. Another member will chime in here, but there is a way to tell and I forget which is which.

3. I am not sure.

Hope that helped.

Carnalsupply
02-21-06, 01:15 PM
OMFG!
I cannot believe what a wealth this board is, and the speed at which you guys answer stuff!
THANKS MUCH! At some point maybe I'll get to know my V well enough to answer somebody else's question(s).

odysseus
02-21-06, 02:45 PM
The stock FE4's have a solid purple stripe on the outer edge of the Yellow sticker on all of the shocks. I believe the FG2's have a purple/black checkerboard stripe. (FE3's from a standard sport CTS have a blue stripe). all V's have the Nivomat self leveling shocks in the rear. All Sport model standard CTS's do also. All three nivomats have different damping rates.

Lindsay Cadillac
02-21-06, 03:07 PM
If you send me your VIN I can run the vehicle build and tell you which shock package it has..

1. The FG2 is a dealer installed option and will not be on the window sticker.Even though it is installed by the dealer it's still listed on the window sticker.

Indy-V
02-21-06, 03:19 PM
Yea, mine was listed on the window sticker.

Carnalsupply
02-21-06, 04:25 PM
I'm scanning the original window sticker (it has the VIN) right now and will e-mail it over to you James.

Other than the $1300 Guzzler and $1200 charge for the sunroof I don't have any options (dealer or otherwise) listed.

Thanks

Lindsay Cadillac
02-21-06, 04:27 PM
I'm scanning the original window sticker (it has the VIN) right now and will e-mail it over to you James.

Other than the $1300 Guzzler and $1200 charge for the sunroof I don't have any options (dealer or otherwise) listed.

ThanksSounds like just the standard "V" suspension... But I'll check it out once I get your e-mail...

Carnalsupply
02-21-06, 04:35 PM
It's on the way, including 2 attachments.

Lindsay Cadillac
02-21-06, 05:24 PM
It's on the way, including 2 attachments.You've got mail.

Kadonny
02-21-06, 05:30 PM
If you send me your VIN I can run the vehicle build and tell you which shock package it has..

Even though it is installed by the dealer it's still listed on the window sticker.

Really.

Well I learned something new today ;)

Carnalsupply
02-21-06, 07:54 PM
WooooHooooo, thanks to James at Lindsay Cad I just learned I have a basic, boring 'ol V, which aint half bad. Now if Ground Control will finally cut loose with that lowering kit I won't feel like I'm riding 'round in my dad's Caddy!