: Removing my abs system 93 fleet have ?s

509Rider
02-21-06, 02:21 AM
Since my car has hyraulics whenever I 3 wheel my abs messes up along with my traction control, I pulled the fuse on both, and now I want to remove the abs unit will it be as easy as addind a proportioning valve and new brake lines?

ewill3rd
02-21-06, 07:21 AM
Seems like it would be easier to fix the problem than to go to all that trouble to remove it.
No it wouldn't be that easy.
With the system disabled there is no real reason to remove the hardware, it's not going to do anything but sit there.
The fluid passages in the system are designed to just allow the brake fluid to flow back and forth as needed unless the system is activated.

Katshot
02-21-06, 07:52 AM
I would agree. Trying to pull the hardware would "create" more potential problems than anything. Why not install a deactivation switch so you can turn the system off when you want?

509Rider
02-21-06, 04:02 PM
The reason I want to get rid of it is to clean up my engine compartment, its useless so why have that big ass thing under the hood for no reason, I hear from some guys on the impalass forums its as easy as a t fitting to the front and a proportioning valve.

Katshot
02-21-06, 05:38 PM
The reason I want to get rid of it is to clean up my engine compartment, its useless so why have that big ass thing under the hood for no reason, I hear from some guys on the impalass forums its as easy as a t fitting to the front and a proportioning valve.

Hey, then by all means go for it. Just remember, HERE you have heard from to "professionals" with a lot of years of experience. We're only trying to save you heartburn.

N0DIH
02-21-06, 06:52 PM
If I was to do it?

Replace Master Cyl with one from a similar car, like the Limo.
Ditch the ABS controller and donate it to someone who needs one (they are harder to find now and can be expensive)
Replace all the brakelines from the combination valve to the brakes and to the master cyl. (GM specs replacing some of these when replacing some of those components).

Likely will cost you $200-$300 to do.

509Rider
02-21-06, 09:42 PM
Hey, then by all means go for it. Just remember, HERE you have heard from to "professionals" with a lot of years of experience. We're only trying to save you heartburn.So have you ever done this, just curious dont see why it cant be done like the earlier year brougham.

Katshot
02-22-06, 06:29 PM
No, I've never done it. To be honest, the parts ARE all available right off the shelf. The commercial chassis was non-abs and therefore it's parts "should" be a pretty straighforward swap. I still think a simple switch would allow him the best of both worlds. The safety of the ABS/TC system during normal driving and with the flick of a switch the system is disarmed and not an issue when he wants to "play". I do this in my car. Due to my mods, the TC is a pain so I turn it off during normal use but it's nice to have it there in nasty weather.

509Rider
02-22-06, 10:20 PM
No, I've never done it. To be honest, the parts ARE all available right off the shelf. The commercial chassis was non-abs and therefore it's parts "should" be a pretty straighforward swap. I still think a simple switch would allow him the best of both worlds. The safety of the ABS/TC system during normal driving and with the flick of a switch the system is disarmed and not an issue when he wants to "play". I do this in my car. Due to my mods, the TC is a pain so I turn it off during normal use but it's nice to have it there in nasty weather.Thanks, I dont drive my car in rain or any bad weather, ill check into getting the commercial parts.