: Hello everyone, first time here.....

Night Wolf
03-16-03, 01:19 AM
Hello, my name is Rick, I am currently 15 (16 July 1st) and although I don't ave a Cadillac (almost did though) they are my favorite brand of cars. Don't worry, I am still with GM (Pontiac Grand Am :D ) My mother has a '89 Brougham custom gold edition, real nice car. My dream car would be a completly restored '59 Eldorado. ummm, let's see, more aobut me..... hobbies would be home audio (vintage gear- 70's) and working on various mechanical things (anything really, stereo equipment, cars, lawn equipment etc...) like I said before, I have a Grand Am, it's a '91 has the 2.3L Quad4, it's a project car though, as it was in a light accident, so I bought a parts car, and hopefully by the end of the summer, when I will probally get my lincense it'll be done. I really wanted a '88 or '89 Brougham, they are just really cheap now and you really get alot of car (love the style) and I was also looking at '96 DeVilles, but then one of the tennents (at my fathers place) had my Grand Am, and over the few years he had it, put $3k in parts into it (replaced alot of stuff) and then he got into the accident, so he just wanted to get rid of the car, and I got it cheap. He had problem after problem with the car, but his mechanic would only fix 1 thing at a time instead of giving the car a complete check over to see what's wrong, one example of some of the problems is: the plastic sphere vaccume canister was damaged in a first accident, so instead of being repalced, which was the smart thing to do, the previous owner (not the guy I bought it from, but the guy before that) they just rapped it in electrical tape, so then engine always had a vaccume leak. but a simple check over on the whole car would have found that, and many other things out. Anyway I was actually surprised to find a Cadillac forum here as I have searched before and never found anything.

My mother had a '84 DeVille (looked just like the Brougham, but had the 4100- yuck, although only 26k miles) about 6 years ago, only had the car for 4months (had a AMC Eagle before that, problem after problem that car was nothing but trouble, although I heard most of them were pretty good) and then she had a horrible head on accident (make a long story short, she was stopped, the kid was in a '94 Camery, he was doing 100 but the estimate was around 60mph on impact) and the other guy was 100% wrong. The whole car was wrecked, just really bad (frame was bent soo bad, the driver side headlights were in-line with the middle of the car) so anyway, after that she wanted another big Caddy again, and she has had the Brougham for 5 years now (it was a Florida car) My mothers boyfriend (well, 14 years now) also has a '88 Brougham.

The Brougham is not without it's problems, then again it is 14years old, it needs some TLC to be real mint, but is not horrible either. Money is pretty tight for my mother so she really dosn't have much to do extras, just keep it running good and normal maintance (mothers boyfriend does all the work on the cars) it has about 135k miles on it now, and for the 5years we owned it, never really any trouble...4 years ago the radaitor went, 2 years ago the tranny got rebuilt, and just last week the car over heated for unknown reasons, so we havn't been driving it much until it get's looked at (I am completly stumped on the problem) also the check engine light is on often, when we use the tester it says the TPS is bad, but we replaced it twice, and it still says it, dunno what's up with that.

Anyway, here are some pictures, like I said it is the custom gold edition (has every extra option too) the emblem on the front is not the correct one, it is just a plain emblem (no wreath) although we have the correct gold emblem with wreath for it, just havn't had time to put it on (we also have the front and real filler pieces, but waiting for the spring to paint them and put them on along with some other work to it)

sorry for the novel, I always go on and on about something, I will try to make the posts shorter ;)

pictures:

Night Wolf
03-16-03, 01:20 AM
this 500x500pixel thing is kinda annoying.....

kcnewell
03-16-03, 01:37 AM
Welcome to the madness Panther, We're glad to have you! I agree with you....The 500x500 pixel thing is annoying.

Dead Sled
03-17-03, 08:04 PM
welcomw aboad!

kcnewell
03-17-03, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Dead Sled
welcomw aboad!

Welcomw ABOAD????LOL! Dead.....You kill me!:D

Dead Sled
03-17-03, 08:34 PM
welcome aboard

Dead Sled
03-17-03, 08:35 PM
im a a tiny lil laptopm and my fat fingers.. ya know :D

DeVillish
03-17-03, 11:05 PM
glad to see some other teens that loves the big boy toys! I thought i was the only "strange" teenager that likes cadillacs.

Night Wolf
03-18-03, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by DeVillish
glad to see some other teens that loves the big boy toys! I thought i was the only "strange" teenager that likes cadillacs.

yeah all I can do is laugh at the kids in my school who drool over the Honda's and their 1.6L Vtech junk and think that putting loads of stickers on a car, huge wing and a fart pipe makes it super fast.

I persoanlly don't care for 4bangers too much, I mean for a commutor or economy car etc.. they are great, but IMO hot rodding a 4banger is point less, unless that is if it is a.............

Quad4 :D the only 4banger worth having. no I am not just saying that because I own it :D but it is a real nice engine (180hp/165ft. lbs. in the HO version) BUT one of the real neat things about the Quad4 (BTW, Quad for 4 cyl. and 4 for 4vales/cyl) and probally alot of people here do not realize is, the Quad 4, made by Oldsmobile in the mid 80's to try and repalce the big V8's for the new decade (90's) and be more fuel efficent, GM wanted a engine that could repalce the V8 but still had balls and wasn't slow (being made in the mid 80's the Quad4 is one of the first highly spirted 4bangers) but engines such as the North Star are highly based (75% I read somewhere) off the Quad4, that is true, when Caddy was designing the North Star in the early 90's they had quite a few Quad 4's there to design it off of. (the North Start is pretty much double the Quad 4, twice the cyl. twice the displacment, and almost twcie the power)

maybe I will start a thread about the Quad4 sometime, just talking about how it is so closely related to the North Star and the differnt versions etc... I know it is not Cadillac, but it is GM, and in fact played a huge part in the North Star (no Quad4 can pretty much mean no North Star)

oh, but yeah, the Quad4 is perhaps the only 4banger that I like :D

elwesso
03-18-03, 08:02 PM
Rick, Welcome aboard. Great to see another youngin here that likes cadillacs. I too agree with you, what makes teenagers think that ricers are cool?? I followed one the other day (a cavalier), and it sounded like a motorcycle (No offense KC).

kcnewell
03-18-03, 08:50 PM
None taken! I know it didn't sound like mine!

elwesso
03-18-03, 08:53 PM
It sounded more like a lawn mower :D

I wish i could do this in my car :burn: :(

thebigjimsho
01-24-09, 06:17 PM
Hello, my name is Rick, I am currently 15 (16 July 1st) and although I don't ave a Cadillac (almost did though) they are my favorite brand of cars. Don't worry, I am still with GM (Pontiac Grand Am :D ) My mother has a '89 Brougham custom gold edition, real nice car. My dream car would be a completly restored '59 Eldorado. ummm, let's see, more aobut me..... hobbies would be home audio (vintage gear- 70's) and working on various mechanical things (anything really, stereo equipment, cars, lawn equipment etc...) like I said before, I have a Grand Am, it's a '91 has the 2.3L Quad4, it's a project car though, as it was in a light accident, so I bought a parts car, and hopefully by the end of the summer, when I will probally get my lincense it'll be done. I really wanted a '88 or '89 Brougham, they are just really cheap now and you really get alot of car (love the style) and I was also looking at '96 DeVilles, but then one of the tennents (at my fathers place) had my Grand Am, and over the few years he had it, put $3k in parts into it (replaced alot of stuff) and then he got into the accident, so he just wanted to get rid of the car, and I got it cheap. He had problem after problem with the car, but his mechanic would only fix 1 thing at a time instead of giving the car a complete check over to see what's wrong, one example of some of the problems is: the plastic sphere vaccume canister was damaged in a first accident, so instead of being repalced, which was the smart thing to do, the previous owner (not the guy I bought it from, but the guy before that) they just rapped it in electrical tape, so then engine always had a vaccume leak. but a simple check over on the whole car would have found that, and many other things out. Anyway I was actually surprised to find a Cadillac forum here as I have searched before and never found anything.

My mother had a '84 DeVille (looked just like the Brougham, but had the 4100- yuck, although only 26k miles) about 6 years ago, only had the car for 4months (had a AMC Eagle before that, problem after problem that car was nothing but trouble, although I heard most of them were pretty good) and then she had a horrible head on accident (make a long story short, she was stopped, the kid was in a '94 Camery, he was doing 100 but the estimate was around 60mph on impact) and the other guy was 100% wrong. The whole car was wrecked, just really bad (frame was bent soo bad, the driver side headlights were in-line with the middle of the car) so anyway, after that she wanted another big Caddy again, and she has had the Brougham for 5 years now (it was a Florida car) My mothers boyfriend (well, 14 years now) also has a '88 Brougham.

The Brougham is not without it's problems, then again it is 14years old, it needs some TLC to be real mint, but is not horrible either. Money is pretty tight for my mother so she really dosn't have much to do extras, just keep it running good and normal maintance (mothers boyfriend does all the work on the cars) it has about 135k miles on it now, and for the 5years we owned it, never really any trouble...4 years ago the radaitor went, 2 years ago the tranny got rebuilt, and just last week the car over heated for unknown reasons, so we havn't been driving it much until it get's looked at (I am completly stumped on the problem) also the check engine light is on often, when we use the tester it says the TPS is bad, but we replaced it twice, and it still says it, dunno what's up with that.

Anyway, here are some pictures, like I said it is the custom gold edition (has every extra option too) the emblem on the front is not the correct one, it is just a plain emblem (no wreath) although we have the correct gold emblem with wreath for it, just havn't had time to put it on (we also have the front and real filler pieces, but waiting for the spring to paint them and put them on along with some other work to it)

sorry for the novel, I always go on and on about something, I will try to make the posts shorter ;)

pictures:Always were a blowhard...

urbanski
01-24-09, 06:45 PM
at least nobody can bump my first post here

thebigjimsho
01-24-09, 07:03 PM
at least nobody can bump my first post hereIt's been done. :sneaky:

Lord Cadillac
01-24-09, 07:12 PM
Welcome aboard, Night Wolf! Thank you for signing up! :p

heh.. Look at all these old familiar faces......

Night Wolf
01-24-09, 11:25 PM
ummm.....wow, lol

It's weird to read the old posts... all I can say is, it's quite interesting to see how people change over time :)

Night Wolf
01-25-09, 12:07 AM
Always were a blowhard...

Just noticed that you were the one that bumped the thread back.... which led me to find the definition of a word I was unsure about:

Blowhard feels the need to present his credentials before entering the fray - even if they are irrelevant to the discussion.

Yeah, I can see how I did that when I was 15....

Just wondering why the "always were" comment? As well as the desire to seek out and reply in the thread?

Rolex
01-25-09, 12:10 AM
:haha: Another resurrection.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/backtothethread.jpg

RightTurn
01-25-09, 01:03 AM
at least nobody can bump my first post here

:bump:

Joined up just to ask this simple question:

I want the V, although it will stretch my budget to the limit.
I'm sick of my "normally performing" Volvo S60, and want more excitement, but since I have a family I need a sedan...that's why I sold my 2002 Porsche C4S.

The CTS-V seems like the best bang for the buck out there...but when do I buy? There are 7 '04's on the ground here in San Antonio, but do I order an '05? Wait to see what the '06's are like?

I can't decide to take the plunge or not. Advice to this n00bie, please!! :)

:flex:

thebigjimsho
01-25-09, 01:05 AM
Just noticed that you were the one that bumped the thread back.... which led me to find the definition of a word I was unsure about:

Yeah, I can see how I did that when I was 15....

Just wondering why the "always were" comment? As well as the desire to seek out and reply in the thread?Oh, don't flatter yourself, Bimmerboy. I went back to the furthest dates of this forum and found a thread that qualifies for a bump. It had to be from someone that still posts here and that people here would find relevant. add the fact we've seen you grow up here, and I resurrected it. As for my comment, I had to leave something.

I should've figured you'd be overly sensitive about it. Lighten up, Francis... :welcome:

thebigjimsho
04-01-12, 01:36 AM
Wha happun?

Jesda
04-01-12, 04:25 AM
Welcome to the forums, Rick! Nice to make your acquaintance.

Playdrv4me
04-01-12, 06:08 AM
Welcome, Rick. Do you like Jeeps?

gary88
04-01-12, 02:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FkpEB.jpg

orconn
04-01-12, 04:19 PM
^^^ Remember it's Rick's "Second Coming!" Will he be the messiah of venerable (read old) BMW's and re-constructed Jeeps? Time will tell! Tune in next week for this exciting sequel to .....!

JimmyH
04-01-12, 08:18 PM
I just had a vision in my head of doc brown and the flux capacitor.

Stingroo
04-01-12, 09:54 PM
Gary H's post: LOL!

thebigjimsho
04-01-12, 11:10 PM
Wha happun?

CadillacLuke24
04-01-12, 11:16 PM
Gary H's post: LOL !

Speaking of which, has anyone seen that youtube vid? :hijacked:

cadillac kevin
04-02-12, 01:06 AM
9 years later and he's still a jeep loving bimmer lawn ornament collecting troll.

77CDV
04-02-12, 03:32 AM
Why all the Rick hate? :confused:

thebigjimsho
04-02-12, 10:54 AM
I don't hate Rick. He ages fast...

JimmyH
04-02-12, 02:19 PM
I don't hate Rick either. I think hating him would require taking the time to actually read his posts. I don't have that kind of time available to me.

93DevilleUSMC
04-02-12, 06:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av3e

----------

It was going to happen at some point..

Jesda
04-02-12, 06:40 PM
Why all the Rick hate? :confused:

No one hates Rick.

He's a decent human being and what not. 'Hate' is reserved for malicious people.

gary88
04-02-12, 10:06 PM
I hate Rick because he makes long posts about his automotive hobbies on an automotive enthusiast site, and quite frankly that really offends me :squid:

Destroyer
04-02-12, 10:20 PM
This thread is useless without a ton of pictures and extensive write-ups. :)

cadillac kevin
04-02-12, 11:53 PM
wheres my f-ing 45 minute lecture/ post on how the "E" code BMW 4 banger doesnt stand for efficiency, it stands for something in german that means efficiency- complete with 20 pictures, detailed schematics and charts on how it produced more low end torque and had a lower redline than its higher output brethren, and period articles showing how this made it more appealing to the american market.

see, I did take notes, Prof. Rick :)

Jesda
04-03-12, 12:02 AM
wheres my f-ing 45 minute lecture/ post on how the "E" code BMW 4 banger doesnt stand for efficiency, it stands for something in german that means efficiency- complete with 20 pictures, detailed schematics and charts on how it produced more low end torque and had a lower redline than its higher output brethren, and period articles showing how this made it more appealing to the american market.

see, I did take notes, Prof. Rick :)

:histeric:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-03-12, 02:38 AM
I hate Rick because he makes long posts about his automotive hobbies on an automotive enthusiast site, and quite frankly that really offends me :squid:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5AtkbZjZOpo/TSCa1TBDUbI/AAAAAAAAAt8/F6K052Lmq7Q/s1600/JOHNREDCORN.jpg

Playdrv4me
04-03-12, 03:56 AM
locks are for honest people

thebigjimsho
04-03-12, 12:19 PM
I still love the last paragraph of Rick's original poast...

CadillacLuke24
04-03-12, 12:21 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5AtkbZjZOpo/TSCa1TBDUbI/AAAAAAAAAt8/F6K052Lmq7Q/s1600/JOHNREDCORN.jpg

Wait, what?

sfv41901
04-03-12, 05:44 PM
:yeah: