: Lingenfelter CAI

JBeechel
02-20-06, 03:59 PM
Has anyone had any problems with this CAI? I got a "Loss of Power" message over the weekend, and Kachina Cadillac is saying that the housing for the CAI fell back into a pully and the Mass Air Sensor. So of course, its not under warranty, but how is that even possible?

Any ideas?

ndogg ct
02-20-06, 07:48 PM
so what broke??

heavymetals
02-20-06, 07:52 PM
Clamps came loose or off?

Sounds like it fell apart as that would have to happen to cause a lot of damage to the MAF sensor.

If it seperated from the throttle body and fell down then it would have been chewed up.

What was the failure, did it drop dead or show a fault?

It (actually any of the CAI's) can come loose, slip down and rub on a pulley.

This may put a hole (ie. air leak) and loss of power bigtime.

Got any pics?

ndogg ct
02-20-06, 07:55 PM
what had to be covered under warranty??

1badcady
02-20-06, 08:10 PM
:yeah:

what had to be covered under warranty??

VelodromeRacer
02-20-06, 10:20 PM
My LPE has been installed for 8 months, I usually check under the hood on weekends and once or twice in that time I have tightened the clamps just for that reason!

Overall, it has been a good system for my V.

heavymetals
02-20-06, 10:30 PM
The powersteering pulley is right next to the MAF sensor plug and the connector tube.

It is possible that this got chewed up if it came loose on this end, or the bracket came loose. :eek:

Without more info (pics) can't say anymore. :confused:

JBeechel
02-20-06, 11:47 PM
They are replacing a pulley (couldnt get through to find out which one), the MAF, and something similar. I'll stop by and get pics tomorrow. Now I think I'll be joining Velo and checking the clamps every week or two..

As for the loss of power... it was severe. Went from normal operation to "Reduced Power Mode" and a max of 1200-1400 RPM at WOT. Which, by the way, is not cool at all when you have to cross a major street to get into a parking lot.

JB

wildwhl
02-21-06, 02:16 AM
Reduced power mode totally sucks.

Who installed the CAI? Kachina?

WW

JBeechel
02-21-06, 04:12 AM
Actually had it installed over at Pro-Dyno at the same time I had my UUC put in. This goes back damn near 7 months ago, so I have no idea where it came from.

trukk
02-23-06, 06:54 PM
I had this happen with my LPE. I had no issues for 6+ Months. It was then taken off for service, and one of the screws holding the partition in worked it's way loose. This caused the whole filter, to move left to right, when the engine torqued sideways. This eventaully caused the MAF plug to rub on the pulley. Finally the MAF seperated from the metal tube connecting to the partition/filter. It didn't take long for me to realize that this had happened (a few miles). I pulled over and checked, and the MAF wiring harness, had a big gouge rubbed into it from the pulley/belt.

I explained the situation to my dealer, and they took care of it no problem.

This kind of thing happens with Mods. If you are going to Mod, you have to be extra dilligent in checking things out, and performing routine checks/maintenance. For me ,moral of the story, is always double check everything whenever you or someone else does any work on the car. Finally I have now made a CAI check part of my maintenance routine (I fill 'er up daily, and check the oil at the station weekly, now when I check the oil I also double check all the CAI connections.)

-Chris