: Ride Quality with 20" +

Nasty Black Lac
02-20-06, 10:34 AM
How does the ride change when you put 20" or 22" wheels on an escalade? I really want to buy a set, but I am worried about losing some of the great ride. The great ride is VERY important to me because I deliver wedding cakes with mine. World's best delivery wagon!

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-20-06, 12:18 PM
With 20", your ride will not change at all. I have 22" rims on my 2005 Escalade and I have 305/40/22. I can not feel any difference in the ride quality. From what I hear, if you go 24"+, the ride will change. I'm sure you will be very happy with 22's although you may in fact feel the rims are too small after a while. If you would like, you can also improve the ride with 22's if you have 305/45/22. With the 45, you will have more rubber from the tires which should smooth out the ride. I don't think you will have any rubbing issues. Good luck.

Thanks.

jordan00escalade
02-20-06, 07:56 PM
lol... If all your worried about is ride quality, and you want to get the aftermarket rims.... Go with TWENTY-INCH-RIMS. The bigger the rim is the smaller the tire gets, and the tire absorbs most of the vibration and shock from the road. Find someone with aftermarket rims and ask them to take you for a ride in their vehicle. Sounds like you should get 20's though.

Nasty Black Lac
02-20-06, 10:14 PM
lol... If all your worried about is ride quality, and you want to get the aftermarket rims.... Go with TWENTY-INCH-RIMS. The bigger the rim is the smaller the tire gets, and the tire absorbs most of the vibration and shock from the road. Find someone with aftermarket rims and ask them to take you for a ride in their vehicle. Sounds like you should get 20's though.

Great suggestion, I better try before I buy...

Sloppy D
02-24-06, 02:15 AM
My two cents is I have had all three, got the 20's first the ride was unchaged to stock, then 3months later changed to 22's ride was a little firmer but nothing really noticable, then the 24's, I have an ext and have to say the 24's looked the best but rode horrible I expected a change but that was to much of a change in the ride so the 24's went to ebay and I am back to the 22's. From the sound of the business I would recommend the 22's. IMO it seems that when you are walking up on the escalades from a distance and they have 20's or less it just seems to make the wheels look so small for the truck.

cardio-doc
02-26-06, 03:30 PM
Have 20's on an EXT. And YES - I DID notice a difference from the stock 17's. Not much but I did notice a difference. And this is Florida with glass-smooth roads. 20's is the limit if you still want to keep some ride. And braking. And acceleration. And fuel economy. And abuse on front-end parts.

~Doc

fast66
02-26-06, 03:46 PM
I ride on 24s and the ride is aiiiiiiiight

Synergetic
02-27-06, 08:39 AM
It all depends on the roads you drive on and how tough you are on them. Avoid pot holes and 24's would be fine, and anything lower would be MORE than fine. Keep in mind, Cadillac is selling the new Escalade with a primary option of 22's.

hcvone
02-27-06, 09:06 AM
It all depends on the roads you drive on and how tough you are on them. Avoid pot holes and 24's would be fine, and anything lower would be MORE than fine. Keep in mind, Cadillac is selling the new Escalade with a primary option of 22's.

What he said. :)