: Got my new rims on

integline
02-20-06, 04:07 AM
SO got my rims. they are 22's ride pretty nice but they rub in the front. I cut the plastic guard but it still does. NOt sure if i went oo large oin the tires but looks good i think, Waht do you all think?
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/vikkd/IMG_0597_2.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/vikkd/IMG_0558.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/vikkd/IMG_0556.jpg

slk230mb
02-20-06, 08:50 AM
Looks good. What's the tire size you went with?

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-20-06, 08:51 AM
I like it as well. I'm surprised you are having the rubbing issues with only 22's. You must have went real big on the tires. Are they larger than 305/45/22?

Thanks.

parexa
02-20-06, 10:25 AM
Those rims look classy, get the grill changed too, and the ultimate bling vehicle is yours

manny5700
02-20-06, 12:58 PM
Looks good man! Yeah pop on a grille and you'll be pimpin lol I'm gonna post mine up with all the changes once the weather warms up in God forsaken New England

mskdbandit
02-20-06, 01:18 PM
i'm surprised they rub too. i didn't get rubbing until i went to 24s.

Sinisterj
02-20-06, 02:38 PM
What size rim/tires did you get? btw are those akuza bounce rims?

Justin Sane
02-20-06, 03:33 PM
I guess the other question would be - Are you sure you got the right wheel offset?

Justin Sane
02-20-06, 03:34 PM
I got the grill the tow hooks and the 22's. I will post pictures sometime mid next week after I get back from Mexico.
Hasta Lavista Everyone!

jordan00escalade
02-20-06, 07:16 PM
Looks good.. I don't think they make a series any bigger than 45 for 22 inch rims. I know they go wider with the 315's. Waiting to see what size tire combo he went with.

Boombotz
02-20-06, 10:01 PM
Looking real good.

Sinisterj
02-20-06, 10:49 PM
Looks good.. I don't think they make a series any bigger than 45 for 22 inch rims. I know they go wider with the 315's. Waiting to see what size tire combo he went with.

I am curious also... You escalade is AWD isnt it?

integline
02-23-06, 11:37 AM
hey guys sorry for long time no post. Thanks for the compliments. i was with a buddy not too into cars so was kinda concerned. I got 305/45/22 and i figured out what its rubbing on. the left tire is hitting the rubber gaurd things. so i am just cutting it out. I am going to order the B&M mesh or honey comb style grill. If any of you have the hook up let me know. I think im goingto go wiht the Magnaflow exhaust system first though. Then end of this month order the grill.
As far as rim, lol, this is a first for me, but i have no idea.
Car is not AWD, its just 2wheel.

Also any ideas on brake upgrades wihtout spending like 2gs?

integline
02-26-06, 03:37 AM
http://photobucket.com/albums/c282/vikkd/?sc=1&multi=4
some more photos i took of her today. Loving these rims more and more. I feel as if they look adequate and 24's would be overkill.

Black Beauty 03 ESV
02-26-06, 10:05 PM
I have 305/45/22 as well and I get a little rubbing when I make hard left turn

jordan00escalade
02-26-06, 10:15 PM
I just don't understand how you can have the same model SUV, but so many different experiences with and without rubbing with the same tire series.. (305/45/22) Maybe it's becuase some are using a 22x10 rim and others are using a 22x9.5 inch rim. Or some other undetermining factor (shaved some plastic in wheel well). Well you could also try the 285/45/22 series tire if you don't want your tires to rub but don't want to trim your SUV. Well don't know what it is.. Just thought that was worth mentioning. *maybe torsion individual settings have something to do with it*

Digital Vidiot
02-27-06, 02:08 AM
I have the exact same rims (if they are Akuza Bounce), and the same tire size, and I too get some rubbing in the front. At some point I need to do something about it, although it isn't that bad (or I have just become used to it).

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-27-06, 08:53 AM
jordan00escalade, don't forget that no car is the same. I don't mean like different models, but I mean no Escalade is the same. Even if they are the same year and same model, the Escalade will still be different. The ride can feel different in the same car and same model. It is almost like a person, no person is the same and no car is the same. I hope this is making sense because it does sound weird, but believe me it's true. This is why some Escalade's won't have rubbing with 305/45/22 and some will have rubbing.

Thanks.

integline
02-27-06, 06:50 PM
jordan00escalade, don't forget that no car is the same. I don't mean like different models, but I mean no Escalade is the same. Even if they are the same year and same model, the Escalade will still be different. The ride can feel different in the same car and same model. It is almost like a person, no person is the same and no car is the same. I hope this is making sense because it does sound weird, but believe me it's true. This is why some Escalade's won't have rubbing with 305/45/22 and some will have rubbing.

Thanks.

this is sooo very true. If you have ever built a custom car using a body kit made from a mold it will never fit the exactway it did the car they built the mold off of. Some cars have been in accidents, used for different things so they have different wear and tear. anyways just do some trimming and your ok.

Digital VidiotI have the exact same rims (if they are Akuza Bounce), and the same tire size, and I too get some rubbing in the front. At some point I need to do something about it, although it isn't that bad (or I have just become used to it).
Did you notice a substanial loss in sterring? it almost feels as if the wheels are not balanced correctly on mine. Like the sterring wheel has a few mm's or so in play.? anyone else notice this?>

jordan00escalade
02-27-06, 07:03 PM
Good point 05, I'll buy that for a dollar. lol