: People are scum!!!!

DaveBlk
02-20-06, 12:11 AM
Went to a RV show yesterday and found out the hard way about trash. My son and i were coming out the doors when we heard a bang !! Guess what a loser in a truck was parking and backed into my V!!! He hit the front end and proceeded to pull away but i ran out and stepped in front of his truck ! I pointed at my car then to me > He new he was caught!! AND WITH WITNESSES!! After a talk now he has a bill to pay.

Staxxin
02-20-06, 12:13 AM
WTF... Wow, It's a very good thing you were there. How much damage?

heavymetals
02-20-06, 12:21 AM
Don't know how much damage, and sorry for your problem.

Hope you got a police report.

DaveBlk
02-20-06, 12:24 AM
Hard to believe but after it all the only damage was where his hitch receiver hit my front end about 6 inches below the grill. It left a square mark and didn't even crack the front end . I guess I'll be pulling of the front end and taking it to my caddy dealer tommorrow. He's going to give me a high estimate and the guy is paying me cash for the damage to avoid insurance payout and for my labour and hassle.!!!

Robby2006
02-20-06, 12:49 AM
I worry about those a**holes. My wife had someone hit her car twice in the ramp at work. No name left, nothing.....:mad: I have told her that if it happens to the "V" she will be taking a bike to work. I told her where and how to park so that someone will not hit pulling in/out. She puts it between the cement pillars. I know that it wont stop someone backing in to it.

Also told her to park near the security camera too.

I hope you soak him for a much as possible. Dont forgot to add your time to the bill....:thumbsup:

You know this was twice. It's been so long ago. She was hit in the ramp years ago by someone pulling in.

crowan
02-20-06, 12:50 AM
Common courtesy has almost totally disappeared from today's society. I had just gotten my V washed recently and parked in front of a fast food joint for lunch when this jerk in an old rust bucket pulls up behind my car, smacks up against the bumper, and then pushes the V to create more room. He then leaves his car resting on my rear bumper.

I went outside to "invite" him to get his car off of mine, and he acts like I have a problem! "What's the big deal. So I moved it a little. Big deal." He then got a full blast of E-Thug.

Fortunately, the plastic bumper did its job, but it is amazing how little class people have these days. Hit-and-run is now the rule, not the exception. You were fortunate to witness the incident in time to do something about it.

CR

rand49er
02-20-06, 08:07 AM
Not good, but at least you caught him. Happened to me once in a Chicago parking garage. Some guy in an Avalanche backed out of his spot and right into my SHO smacking it into the concrete wall. I ran after him and here rounding the next turn were the cops who I promptly flagged down. What an idiot, especially when he tried to deny it!!!! :rant2:

DrivingAmericanNow
02-20-06, 08:57 AM
My God, I know you were excited about the whole thing, but I'd be a bit reluctant to stand in front of a truck. Especially one with a driver ignorant enough to smack your car and then try to run. These days, you never know, he could have been a postal worker on his way into the office. Glad you caught him though, what an a-hole...

CTSV05
02-20-06, 10:15 AM
Good thing you walked out when you did!!!!

Frikkin frakkin people.

TXSilverV
02-20-06, 11:14 AM
the same thing happened to me on Friday at the Autorama. I came out side to leave and there is a minivan about 6" from my car. I could not get my door open. I waited for the police to show up since he left a huge door ding. The police came and told me he could not do anything and I was over doing it. After he left I gave him four flat tires. Yes that's correct all four and I left him a note telling him to learn how to park and take care of other peoples things. don't flame me I only let the air out! No damage!

kjr39
02-20-06, 11:25 AM
People suck. Respect for other people has all but gone out the window in today's society.

I'm that guy that parks his car way, way out there. If I think that the parking lot will be full, I won't drive the V. And, yep, I'm that guy that takes two parking spaces. I park it valet where ever I can.

Their are far too many soccer Moms that cannot drive and their dumbass kids opening the doors into other cars. Too many people that don't take care of their own things and can't understand why people want their stuff to stay nice. I've watched too many times some dumb arse not paying attention and mess up someone's car.

The number 1 rule of the jungle: NEVER, EVER MESS WITH ANOTHER MAN'S CAR!

automag928
02-20-06, 11:54 AM
I park it valet where ever I can.

Dude...valet is the worse!! Not only are you letting them decide how it gets parked or parked next to, but they get to DRIVE it!!

SoCadillac
02-20-06, 02:37 PM
Dude...valet is the worse!! Not only are you letting them decide how it gets parked or parked next to, but they get to DRIVE it!!
So true, so true...my first dings have always been by valets.

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-20-06, 09:31 PM
Hey I know it sounds obvious but if the jerk is goinig to pay you - make sure it's cash. I had a similar issue while on the road many years back - made the guy pay me on the spot or would not let him leave.....he paid, but the check bounced....long story, young on a road trip...fell for it, but the kind of person who does this type of thing and tries to run will screw you anyway they can.

Three cheers for TXsikverV - your response to the ding ***** was perfect IMO.

ahahnu
02-21-06, 12:40 AM
I hate people. I had a guy hit my car, then try to leave. When I blocked him off, got out, he tried to hit me with his car! This was at the entrance to the Lincoln tunnel leaving NYC. There were hundreds of witnesses. Then he dodged my calls for a while. An Rv rubbed against my car at a Giant game. Saw him do it, so I got $$ right away. Good luck. People do suck. Everyone is in it for themselves.

trukk
02-23-06, 06:40 PM
Common courtesy has almost totally disappeared from today's society. I had just gotten my V washed recently and parked in front of a fast food joint for lunch when this jerk in an old rust bucket pulls up behind my car, smacks up against the bumper, and then pushes the V to create more room. He then leaves his car resting on my rear bumper.

I went outside to "invite" him to get his car off of mine, and he acts like I have a problem! "What's the big deal. So I moved it a little. Big deal." He then got a full blast of E-Thug.

Fortunately, the plastic bumper did its job, but it is amazing how little class people have these days. Hit-and-run is now the rule, not the exception. You were fortunate to witness the incident in time to do something about it.

CR

Please tell me you turned on the popo lights. I'd pay money to see Joe-Bob's face.

-Chris

Luna.
02-23-06, 07:46 PM
Went to a RV show yesterday and found out the hard way about trash. My son and i were coming out the doors when we heard a bang !! Guess what a loser in a truck was parking and backed into my V!!! He hit the front end and proceeded to pull away but i ran out and stepped in front of his truck ! I pointed at my car then to me > He new he was caught!! AND WITH WITNESSES!! After a talk now he has a bill to pay.

Wow--what a royal a$$hole. I hate people who would do that. He probably would have just left and done nothing...

There's little more chickensh*t than messing with a guy's automobile...

I'm SO curious to know what he had to say. Actually, the whole conversation would be interesting, because I would also want to know what you said!

I'm not exactly sure what a full blast of E-thug means, but I commend you, for I would have AHEM--had a SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THAT & some words would have been FLYING...

DaveBlk
02-24-06, 01:53 AM
I usually don't get a lot of flack from guys who i approach. I'm always nice and being 6-2 and 245 lbs helps!! Cash has been exchanged and my bumper skin is in the body shop as i speek! $235 fixed and painted . He gave me $625. I'll make $390 for my labour to r&r front end . Not bad for 3 hours work which i didn't mind doing!!!