: 2003 New to Me

Nasty Black Lac
02-19-06, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post. I ended up bringing home a sable black 2003 Escalade last night after work. I absolutely LOVE it, and I am very happy with the purchase. I was driving a Mustang GT, but needed something more practical for my business.

I have a couple of questions that I would love to hear your suggestions.

1. Where do you begin to pick out a Cat-back exhaust system? What brands, where, etc...

2. Are there 'inexpensive' grill replacements, or do you get what you pay for?

3. Is it worth picking up a factory GM Navagation system? I am very intrigued by them, but have no experience with them. Again, where, how much, install, etc...?

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!

Sinisterj
02-19-06, 08:58 PM
Only advice I can give you is on the navigation... I am pleased with the factory nav I upgraded mine. I had an aftermarket nav system in it at first and found out really fast, if you start messing with the class II databus you run into problems. Plus I kept having adapter problems with them going out etc. But anyways theres my 2 cents on that and congrats on the new escalade, just enjoy it and have fun with it!!!:thumbsup:

jordan00escalade
02-19-06, 10:16 PM
Yea.. Welcome and post some pictures of your new Escalade

hornyjuan
02-19-06, 11:32 PM
Just had the Corsa Touring installed. Very quite, no interior resonance or drone and some noticeble difference when you hit the throttle. If you want something beefier the corsa sport is very beefy sounding but I didn't like the cabin resonance. Borla, Gibson, Flowmaster all make good exhaust and are cheaper than the Corsa. Check out their websites for the exhaust sounds. Do a google search and see which site has the cheapest price. If you have basic mechanical skills then you can probably install it yourself...if not take it to your local muffler man.

E&G seems to be a popular grille brand, trenz, and then you have generic grilles for cheaper. Look at the designs and see which one you like. E&G makes a quality product and most of the grilles are very easy to install (10 minutes max, just snap in and go). Most grilles you get what you pay for as the E&G and Trenz are more expensive but look sturdier.

Factory NAV, can't really help you with. I have aftermarket alpine nav.

Nasty Black Lac
02-20-06, 07:30 AM
If you have basic mechanical skills then you can probably install it yourself...if not take it to your local muffler man.

I just traded a 2000 mustang GT that I "tinkered" with for many years. It had a Flowmaster setup on it. I installed a Mac off-road (no cats) X-pipe, CAI, Mass Air Meter, Upper Intakes and lowered the car myself. I had no prior mechanical experience, but I feel very comfortable doing the easy stuff.

I think I might go with a Corsa set. Thanks Juan!

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-20-06, 08:33 AM
Are you looking into upgrading the wheels? Seems like you are going to do all this work and a new set of wheels would look great. This is just my opinion.

Thanks.

Nasty Black Lac
02-20-06, 09:32 AM
Are you looking into upgrading the wheels? Seems like you are going to do all this work and a new set of wheels would look great. This is just my opinion.

Thanks.

I really want to, but I want to make sure I get the right set. I love the look of 22s, but I just read a thread about them rubbing. I can't spend tons of cheese unless I find the perfect set...

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-20-06, 11:20 AM
I really want to, but I want to make sure I get the right set. I love the look of 22s, but I just read a thread about them rubbing. I can't spend tons of cheese unless I find the perfect set...

With my 22's, I have no rubbing problems at all. I have 305/40/22 and the ride is as great as it was with the stock 17's. Good luck.

Thanks.

Nasty Black Lac
02-20-06, 03:15 PM
Here's a shot, plain but great!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/chainsawallen/2003Escalade.jpg

jordan00escalade
02-20-06, 07:24 PM
Your truck looks great.. We're going to trade in our Explorer sometime this year for an 02+ Escalade, most likely a EXT. We decided on keeping our 2000, even if it is the OBS.. lol some people say it like it's an outkast or something

Boombotz
02-20-06, 10:15 PM
Nasty black lac,

Looking good, My opinion to you would be look into getting rims for your truck and get your drivers and passenger windows tinted. That will dramatically change the look of your truck and make it look its best. Then I would look into getting the other things you want. I don't like the Lades when they have a custom grill with stock rims. I think it looks funny. Just my $0.02. You asked for. But don't do it for usm you are the one who pays the payment on your truck so you do what you what to.

integline
02-26-06, 04:54 AM
do magnaflow. getting mine installed on ttuesday or wednesday

DBrisson
02-26-06, 11:08 AM
Corsa Sport on a 04 with the volant airbox. Love the exhaust rumble when idling and when you get on it you reallyu hear the truck. The volant box should comliment the exhaust but also increases cabin noise so I am not sure of the gain from it but it looks nice. COming from I sports car I would think the louder corsa sport would fit your tastes.

D.Brisson 04 Escalade

Xrayqueen
03-02-06, 11:36 AM
Your truck looks great.. We're going to trade in our Explorer sometime this year for an 02+ Escalade, most likely a EXT. We decided on keeping our 2000, even if it is the OBS.. lol some people say it like it's an outkast or something

IMO the OBS still rocks !!! I also have a 2000 and it still turns heads :)
Peace :worship:

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-02-06, 01:44 PM
That 2003 looks very clean. I am impressed with it. Good luck with the work you are going to put into it. Post some pictures after modifications so we can see the progress.

Thanks.