: Junkyards

STS_spinnin
01-03-04, 04:44 PM
I did a search under junkyard but couldn't find what i was looking for. What is the website that shows which junkyards in my area have certain parts? I am looking for a fan for my 86 caprice and the part stores have the flex fans but they dont match up with my fan clutch. I remember somebody posting it before but couldnt find it, thanks

davesdeville
01-03-04, 05:06 PM
Junkyard people are generally not very computer literate. Your best bet is to get out the yellow pages and start calling.

bob2231
01-03-04, 05:23 PM
I did a search under junkyard but couldn't find what i was looking for. What is the website that shows which junkyards in my area have certain parts? I am looking for a fan for my 86 caprice and the part stores have the flex fans but they dont match up with my fan clutch. I remember somebody posting it before but couldnt find it, thanks Try car-part.com. That's the most common junkyard search engine.
Bob

MMNineInchNails
01-03-04, 06:03 PM
Did you try ebay?

brougham
01-03-04, 10:44 PM
The best way to find it is just to skip the internet all together and start calling up the yards close to you in the yellow pages to find one that has a Caprice. Just about every one I have ever gone to has had some sort of car like that.

STS_spinnin
01-06-04, 05:42 PM
thanks