: McGaughys drop and air ride

hornyjuan
02-19-06, 07:27 PM
Wondering if you guys with McGaughys 2/3 deluxe kit have their airride working. Before I had the drop installed the air ride kicked in everytime I started the car up because of a heavy sound system in my truck. After the drop I haven't heard the air ride kick in once...even with 200lbs of bottled water and me standing on the back. Any input if it takes a crapload of weight for the airride to kick in or did the people that installed it mess up?

slk230mb
02-19-06, 07:37 PM
They could have disconnected the pump by accident. There is a tab on the rear suspension that needs to be bent down to accomodate the drop. So a search (I'm too lazy to do it now) on the issue, someone else had the same problem.

mja
02-19-06, 11:53 PM
When the kit is installed you must bend the 2 rods in the back they are for the airride sensors. Mine has not come on after the drop either, Its like you would have to almost bottom out for the rods to move the lever for the airride to work. If you didnt bend the rods the airride would be on and raise the back all of the time. Hope this helps and I dont think anything is wrong it seems like the same as mine.

hornyjuan
02-20-06, 12:11 AM
The 2 rods were bent along with shock extenders installed so I'm not getting the service airride message. Just wanted to know if anyone's airride has kicked in after they did the drop.

loanman
02-20-06, 02:34 AM
Give it awhile! Mine did the same thing when I installed it and it took about 3-4 months before I heard it kick in. I even went to the dealer to have it tested to make sure the damn thing still worked! I think the springs have to seat and set in because when I put the springs in they were much more harsh and now have seemed to soften a bit as far as ride and I hear the compressor kick in when I start the vehicle now like before I installed the 2/3. Hope this helps.