: Phoenixville, Pa trade in....Anyone here???

blow03ss
02-19-06, 03:35 PM
There is a 04 Black V at Cowen Cadillac it has 8K on it. Did this belong to anyone here? Do you guys think $39K is too much for this car, even if it has the all too much needed 100K warranty?

DrivingAmericanNow
02-19-06, 04:07 PM
That mileage is nice and low, and the 100k warranty is very nice to have. As a 2004 owner, I rather like that price, but I think they've worked in some bartering room for you. You should be able to get them down a few thousand. Don't get hung up on getting the absolute cheapest price though, it's far more important that you get a thorough report on the car's service history. If you're comfortable with what you find, and you like the car, see if you can work them down a few g's and grab it. You'll love it.

rand49er
02-19-06, 04:11 PM
If it has the original runflats on it, check the tread. If there's a fair amount of tread left, chances are it wasn't much more than a grocery-getter. Listen for rearend whine at various speeds, too. Also, check for tranny noise. Someone here may be able to check the VIN for more info.:)

OldRoadDawg
02-19-06, 04:37 PM
I would agree that there is probably some room for bartering on that price.
I bought my very clean/tight '04 w/12K, 100K ext wrnty & new run flats for 39K a few months ago, but I was also trading and in a weak bargaining position. Still happy though.

Check the V's in the CTS-V Classifieds. Harley Guy, near Pittsburgh, has a super immaculate (I've seen it up close) '05 platinum V listed there at a great price.

blow03ss
02-19-06, 04:56 PM
The more I think about it the more I think 39K is out of my price range. The best I can do with a private purchase is 36K

naiculnila
02-20-06, 07:56 AM
39K is RIDICULOUS!

E-mail me man we can talk: alinlp@gmail.com

Kadonny
02-20-06, 08:34 AM
Hmmmm. I think I'll drive by there tomorrow morning and take a look. They had another used 04 on the lot about a year ago. Black too.

blow03ss
02-20-06, 04:13 PM
Went and drove the car today, what a nice ride. The car was pretty much new, lease return by some 60 something guy. But the price ran me away from them. The best he could do was 38 with out the 100K warranty. Not gonna happen for me.

daytripper
02-20-06, 10:31 PM
Hmmmm. I think I'll drive by there tomorrow morning and take a look. They had another used 04 on the lot about a year ago. Black too.

I was thinking the same thing. They had a black '04 on the lot (the only V they had at the time) when I was shopping in August. Could it be the same car? Hard to believe he wouldn't be entertaining lower offers if it was. Unfortunately I didn't save the VIN info to pass along.

Sounds like you won't be buying it anyway.

Good luck on the search...

Brian R.

Kadonny
02-21-06, 07:43 AM
I stopped and looked this morning on my way to work. The car looks in great shape, but I did notice it had Potenza RE050 tires on it at all corners. So take that into consideration.

They also had another 05 Black Raven sitting out back. It is probably in for service today, but how often do you see two V's at a dealer at one time.