: New V-owner

pseudosport
02-19-06, 02:33 PM
I just picked up my '04 V yesterday. :bouncy: I've been looking for awhile and I finally found one in excellent shape. I had to sacrifice my '02 Silverado and my '95 Vette but so far I think it's going to prove to be a good move. I have a daughter coming any day now and I had too many toys. Still have my '05 Vette and my sportbike so I can't really whine. I've been a Corvetteforum member for awhile and I have benefitted greatly from the info I've received over there, great guys and gals. So, my first question is what are the significant differences, if any, between the '04 V and the '05? My car came with an '05 owner's manual and I've tried to set personal settings, etc. and the menu looks different than the manual image. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to learning much from those that have experience with these awesome cars! Chris

rand49er
02-19-06, 03:17 PM
Welcome!!!

Difs? Antenna, I believe. Others here may know of more, but both years are very, very close.

So, tell us, how many miles? ... completely stock? ... color? ... pics?

(BTW, get a short shifter! JM2C)

V-SATX
02-19-06, 03:33 PM
My car came with an '05 owner's manual and I've tried to set personal settings, etc. and the menu looks different than the manual image. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to learning much from those that have experience with these awesome cars! Chris

:welcome: This will help until you can get one ordered:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/2k04cts.pdf Owners Manual
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/2k04cts_nav.pdf Navigation Guide

Geno
02-19-06, 03:42 PM
The '04 and '05 are essentially the same, except for the rear window antenna. The owners manual is confusing (at least the '04 manual is) because it also covers the regular CTS.

V-SATX
02-19-06, 03:57 PM
Yeah, my 05 manual covers both the CTS & CTS-V.

heavymetals
02-19-06, 07:07 PM
Some of the early 05 models will not work with XM radio traffic.

The NAV DVD is different also.

dqw1
02-19-06, 07:27 PM
Welcome!!!!
Damn, you get to drive a V an a Vette? Must be nice.

pseudosport
02-19-06, 11:54 PM
Welcome!!!

Difs? Antenna, I believe. Others here may know of more, but both years are very, very close.

So, tell us, how many miles? ... completely stock? ... color? ... pics?

(BTW, get a short shifter! JM2C)

Thanks. I drove an '05 and noticed the antennae difference too. Miles - 14,840, stock, silver, and I forget how to post pics but they have to be sent to a website first right? I'm on it.

pseudosport
02-20-06, 12:01 AM
Welcome!!!!
Damn, you get to drive a V an a Vette? Must be nice.

Thank you. It is very nice and I am truly blessed. I am still mourning the loss of the '95 from my garage though:crying: :crying: I miss my truck too but that I can get use to easier. My son and daughter, when she arrives, can now ride in style and if the occassional knucklehead happens along and the Vette is at home the V can hold her own. Before I get flamed, I didn't mean she can hold her own WITH the kids in the car. Thanks to all for the responses. I am going to like it here.

pseudosport
02-20-06, 12:46 AM
Thanks. I drove an '05 and noticed the antennae difference too. Miles - 14,840, stock, silver, and I forget how to post pics but they have to be sent to a website first right? I'm on it.

Hope this works. If it does, you'll see a V in there somewhere! More pics when the nursery is painted and the temperature rises! It's freakin' cold!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17838&d=1140409657

pseudosport
02-20-06, 01:08 AM
:welcome: This will help until you can get one ordered:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/2k04cts.pdf Owners Manual
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/2k04cts_nav.pdf Navigation Guide

Thanks so much! :cheers:

GTS21
02-20-06, 10:09 AM
I just picked up my '04 V yesterday. :bouncy: I've been looking for awhile and I finally found one in excellent shape. I had to sacrifice my '02 Silverado and my '95 Vette but so far I think it's going to prove to be a good move. I have a daughter coming any day now and I had too many toys. Still have my '05 Vette and my sportbike so I can't really whine. I've been a Corvetteforum member for awhile and I have benefitted greatly from the info I've received over there, great guys and gals. So, my first question is what are the significant differences, if any, between the '04 V and the '05? My car came with an '05 owner's manual and I've tried to set personal settings, etc. and the menu looks different than the manual image. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to learning much from those that have experience with these awesome cars! Chris

Chris; You may have bought my old car!! Mercedes Benz of Wilmington? 2004 V? Platinum/black interior? Corsa exhaust?

pseudosport
02-20-06, 10:56 AM
Chris; You may have bought my old car!! Mercedes Benz of Wilmington? 2004 V? Platinum/black interior? Corsa exhaust?

No, mine came from Dover. Same package though. Original owner was a doctor in New Jersey.

GTS21
02-20-06, 11:08 AM
No, mine came from Dover. Same package though. Original owner was a doctor in New Jersey.

Seemed too coincidental. They told me my car was bought by a "soldier" also. My car had a More Performance air box and a 3M clear bra as well. Strange. Anyway, enjoy the car!!

Harley Guy
02-20-06, 02:40 PM
If you two don't mind sharing, I would like to know what you paid. I am trying to sell an 05 V and just need to gauge what people are paying.

Thanks.

GTS21
02-20-06, 03:01 PM
If you two don't mind sharing, I would like to know what you paid. I am trying to sell an 05 V and just need to gauge what people are paying.

Thanks.

I got 30,500 on a trade in for my 2004 V, approx 15,000 miles.

pseudosport
02-20-06, 03:47 PM

Thanks.

$33,995

pseudosport
02-20-06, 03:49 PM
Seemed too coincidental. They told me my car was bought by a "soldier" also. My car had a More Performance air box and a 3M clear bra as well. Strange. Anyway, enjoy the car!!

I'll have to stay away from Wilmington, can't have too many Vs in one place! Sounds like an awesome car. I love mine so far. By the way, any issues from your ownership that I should look out for? Thanks. Chris

Staxxin
02-20-06, 07:22 PM
:welcome:

Dreamin
02-20-06, 07:35 PM
:welcome: to the forum!

lonestranger
02-21-06, 05:55 PM
Just a quick note to also say welcome aboard.:) There is a wealth of info available on the forum (some of it is even accurate:stirpot: ) Just kidding! again welcome and enjoy.:bouncy:

pseudosport
02-21-06, 10:47 PM
Just a quick note to also say welcome aboard.:) There is a wealth of info available on the forum (some of it is even accurate:stirpot: ) Just kidding! again welcome and enjoy.:bouncy:

Thanks!