: update on Polyisobutylene

sts96
02-19-06, 12:01 PM
OK clear a place so you can roll on the floor with LOL.I searched the web for info and chemicals, Msds ect. I achived an increase in mileage from 22.4 avg to 24.7 when i put in jd 2 stroke oil in the gas.Finally got a reply from jd the current batch of oil does not contain PIB!.it does contain Polybutene Many of the MSDS are not dated
or list only hazarious chemicals so are not useful to me.
Some even list the wrong Cas # for their chemicals.
(PIB is cab# 9003-27-4). Tried the Torco G-P 7 right back to 22.4 avg, torco has not responded to my chemical content request.I think this tells me all I need to know ( no PIB)So far I have not been able to get any known PIB to try.So have a good laugh, a beer and a pizza. The old guy will keep on trying. sts96

eldorado1
02-19-06, 12:05 PM
fuel economy is intertwined with the mentality of the person behind the wheel, average speed, whether stop/go traffic or highway, etc.

To do a real test, the driver should not know whether there are fuel economy additives added or not, and the same trip should be driven in exactly the same way...

dkozloski
02-19-06, 12:34 PM
Years ago there was Shell gasoline advertised with "TCP". This turned out to be Tom Cat Piss. Next I was told to put a "Tiger in my tank" and got hair in my carburetor. It's all for amusement purposes only as the oil companies laugh all the way to the bank.

C170B
02-19-06, 02:41 PM
Polyisobutylene

Dkosloski I found the hairball in carb amusing then I noted you locate in Fairbanks and immediately reailized you probably had a few MARVEL MYSTERY OIL stories tucked away.

In in age of technology these additives are not going away and some variation of TCP may be out there today.

I remembered the TOM CAT joke.

Ranger
02-19-06, 05:49 PM
Years ago there was Shell gasoline advertised with "TCP". This turned out to be Tom Cat Piss. Next I was told to put a "Tiger in my tank" and got hair in my carburetor. It's all for amusement purposes only as the oil companies laugh all the way to the bank.
:histeric:I tend to agree. I have always subscribed to the gas is gas theory.

dkozloski
02-19-06, 06:36 PM
Marvel Mystery Oil is good in air tools.

eldorado1
02-19-06, 06:50 PM
Good to know.

...but I don't have any air tools.