: AHhh Wire Wheels!!!!

DopeStar 156
02-19-06, 11:46 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FACTORY-CADILLAC-RWD-SPOKED-WIRE-WHEELS-W-CAPS-HEARSE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43955QQitemZ8038 673337QQrdZ1

Ok, I know they're basically in shit condition but for $250 total for a set of four of these things could they be cleaned up enough to make a decent set outta them? Opinions please!

CoupeDevilleRob
02-19-06, 02:10 PM
Looks like surface rust, some Brillo and a lot of elbow grease and they would probably clean up nice. I wish he had better pics of the center caps, at least two of them look a little funky. If he'd take the tires of the damn things, they're no good anyway, the shipping probably wouldn't be as high. If they were located close enough for me to pick them up, I'd contact the guy and make him an offer he can't refuse. He sounds iffy about shipping them, but for that price it's worth pursuing. I'm gonna be watching this.

CoupeDevilleRob
02-19-06, 04:10 PM
Hmm, looking at them again I take that back about the surface rust. Some of the rims look pretty cruddy, probably need replating. But still, they are really rare, if the price stays down they could be worth it. There's another set of those wheels on eBay, they only look slightly better. How come every set that comes up for sale is all rusted and cruddy? And why can't people clean them up before they sell them, so you have a better idea of how bad they are and what you're getting into.

CaddymanTom
02-20-06, 02:58 PM
They are a little rough I'd say but for the price I think they can be cleaned up. Shipping for my full set was $130.00 from New York to CA and that was about 4 months ago or so. I would go for it . :thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
02-20-06, 04:08 PM
Hmm, they're up to $102 right now.

96Fleetwood
02-20-06, 09:14 PM
Buy them at that price.

Mr_Bam
02-21-06, 12:52 PM
I know a few companies that rechrome/relace wheels...