: Couple of Newbie questions

02-19-06, 08:48 AM
First of all, I just purchased my V from an Independent Corvette dealer in Va. The car has 17k miles on it. Is there something I can do to take the car to a Caddy dealer and get it "Certified" to get the extended warranty at a better rate?

I was also curious if the BMR peices for the rear suspension really help wheel hop and the clunking noise? I would feel better having adding some strength in the rear end.

Also, what would be the best and first performance mods I should look to do. I am not looking to super charge the car. I have a fast car already, just looking to give it a little more!!!

I know I probably shouldn't be asking about performance mods in the same thread as a warranty but I figure the two go hand in hand, because I do not want to void my warranty either. Thanks!


02-19-06, 09:30 AM
[quote=BADAZGN]...because I do not want to void my warranty either. Thanks!

If you do not want to void your warranty, then tread lightly with the mods. Warranties are carried out to the greatest extent by the discretion of the dealer. Here are three typical scenarios on a car that has headers installed and the rear diff blow apart:[/COLOR]

o Dealer 1: Replaces the rear with no or few questioned asked…even suggest you put on a set of cat backs.
o Dealer 2: Replaces the rear, but requested authorization from the regional rep. This can be very easy process or it can involve multiple discussions about your mod and/or your driving style contributing to the rear exploding.
o Dealer 3: No, No, and hell No we are not going to replace the rear because you modified the motor which increased the HP and caused the rear to blow.

Get to know your dealer before modding the motor or drive train.

02-19-06, 09:32 AM
I don't know if a Caddy dealer can legally certify a car it hasn't sold. You may be able to just buy a warranty from a supporting dealer, such as Lindsay. Good guys, GREAT service and they're in VA. As for wheel hop, the only equipment shown to successfully abate wheel hop is KARS. Use search to find the threads.

Lindsay Cadillac
02-19-06, 12:02 PM
A used Cadillac can only be certified when sold used at a Cadillac dealer.

Your only option would be to purchase an extended warranty. Be careful with and mods that you do, unlike the certified warranty that's administered by the dealer themselves, an extended warranty or service contract is usually administered by a third party. What this means to you is if you modify the car and they send out an adjuster to inspect what the cause of failure is, they can deny any repairs based on the fact that you modified the vehicle.

02-19-06, 01:44 PM
What is your considered opinion on the CAI's and UUC/B&M short shifter mods? Should one be careful with these when considering impact on factory warranties?
Has anyone here gotten any flack from dealers due to these mods alone?

02-20-06, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the info on the warranty stuff.

But more importantly, what should be mfirst mods that I do. Thanks!!


02-20-06, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the info on the warranty stuff.

But more importantly, what should be mfirst mods that I do. Thanks!!


without a doubt, !cags... then cai... then exhaust... from there headers or a tune from rick at stealth-v

congrats on the V//

02-20-06, 10:55 PM
If I had it to do over, the very first mod. I would do would be a shifter. I went with the UUC eventually and it makes it feel like a different car.