: Factory multi disk bose CD player removal

Justin Sane
02-18-06, 08:00 PM
I have replaced my factory head unit (on a 2002 Lade) with an aftermarket head unit. I am qurious if they make anything for the old factory CD player which is down below, and unused now. Do they make any mounting brackets or anything that can fit in there and make that space usable. I thought a digital EQ would look good in there. Just don't know how it would mount up.
Please Help.
Justin

jordan00escalade
02-18-06, 09:28 PM
I know you have the 2002 and I have the OBS 2000 Lade. But I had the same problem as you have when I replaced my factory headunit. This is what I decided to do, so I wasn't left with the dead space. I'm sure there is an aftermarket CD/DVD player or EQ that will fit without modifications.. Mine however required a little cutting. Not advising you to do the same, just sharing. Good luck with your decision.

Justin Sane
02-19-06, 12:21 AM
Yea, I would prefer not to cut anything if possible. I always want the option to take any mod back to stock.

fast66
02-19-06, 12:26 AM
i am thinking of putting another headunit down there, or maybe another cd changer

jordan00escalade
02-19-06, 02:52 AM
Yea... If I do decide to return to stock I'll have to get another dash kit.

Justin Sane
02-19-06, 09:16 AM
my question is, if you do put something else down there how will it mount. They obviously make a install kit that comes with brackets for your upper unit. Do they make anything like that for the lower unit???

honda4x4nut
02-19-06, 06:20 PM
Justin sane
In order to fit any single din anything you will have to trim both top/bottom and left /right sides. I put a single din dvd player in there and I had to trim it to make it fit. I mounted it with the dash kit it came with. The piece of metal that wraps around the player, with the tabs you bend out to hold it in place. I did that slid the dvd player in and use the trim ring to cover my cuts. it does not look bad.at all BTW- I am very proud of this install cause I did it myself and it worked... not my usual outcome! If you would like pics I will take some for you tonight.

jordan00escalade
02-19-06, 08:26 PM
Justin sane
In order to fit any single din anything you will have to trim both top/bottom and left /right sides. I put a single din dvd player in there and I had to trim it to make it fit. I mounted it with the dash kit it came with. The piece of metal that wraps around the player, with the tabs you bend out to hold it in place. I did that slid the dvd player in and use the trim ring to cover my cuts. it does not look bad.at all BTW- I am very proud of this install cause I did it myself and it worked... not my usual outcome! If you would like pics I will take some for you tonight.

yes post the pictures so he may have a better idea of the end results. The ends may justify the means, or maybe not... But a picture is worth a thousand words.