: Differential Updates????

Florian
02-18-06, 03:15 PM
Folks,

Been about a month since there were any posts from either MM or the Aussies on the progress of the rear end differential projects that they had going. Apparantly there is a new contender that has tossed his hat into the ring which will give us 2 domestic and 1 offshore source. Any news from anyone on where they are at? At last check, MM was sourcing the driveshaft and had already mounted the 'pumpkin' in the cradle and all was well there. Kurt (the Aussies) had plopped the pumpkin in and that was about as far as they had gotten. WW was getting them a cradle???? with the forum donations.
Where are we now?

Inquiring minds want to know (so we can toss the crappy GM diff)

F

DansCTSV
02-18-06, 06:51 PM
Yes, inquiring minds want to know. Spring it coming!

akm2k5
02-18-06, 08:39 PM
Yes, inquiring minds want to know. Spring it coming!

+1

Florian
02-20-06, 09:22 AM
ttt

lasstss
02-20-06, 10:26 AM
Folks,

Been about a month since there were any posts from either MM or the Aussies on the progress of the rear end differential projects that they had going. Apparantly there is a new contender that has tossed his hat into the ring which will give us 2 domestic and 1 offshore source. Any news from anyone on where they are at? At last check, MM was sourcing the driveshaft and had already mounted the 'pumpkin' in the cradle and all was well there. Kurt (the Aussies) had plopped the pumpkin in and that was about as far as they had gotten. WW was getting them a cradle???? with the forum donations.
Where are we now?

Inquiring minds want to know (so we can toss the crappy GM diff)
F

I called a week ago. THey were working on some other stuff and supposed to get back on the V. He did say that he was welding up the new support system for the revised casting. I will try contacting him tonight...

Florian
02-20-06, 10:58 AM
well done, Marty. Keep us informed.

F

Vegas V
02-20-06, 11:28 AM
Here is my situation,

Since my car broke down about 4 weeks ago, and it was my daily driver since I bought it, I had to switch and drive the Saleen for the mean time, but I really want to go back to drive the caddy, I mean, sometimes I have to take customers out to lunch and I don't look that good taking them out in the Stang, or taking their car, so I had to find a cure to get my car back on the road, since the local dealer wanted too much money for the repair, I decided to do it my self, I went to the local CHEVY dealer and order the part wich costed me $1600.00 including tax, I now have the unit and I'm going to be installing it this week, I would love to have the Madman rear end in my car, or perhaps the Aussie one, but I can not wait any longer, perhaps when they become available I'll buy one.

I was also thinking on taking the car back to the dealer and trade it for something else, like an Escalade or something, but I really don't want to do it, I really like the V and would like to keep it as much time as I can, not to mention that I WON'T be doing any more burnouts till I get a good rear end for it.

Jose

VELOSE
02-20-06, 11:55 AM
VegasV, that's the best you can do right now. ;)

If I had the Saleen already, I don't know, I would probably have an Escalade in my head too. Keep hanging in there.

Thanks for the update Marty. Florian, thanks for being on top of this for updates. ;)

madman69
02-20-06, 12:34 PM
I finally got all the new pieces from the machine shop friday. I ran into a problem with my "Overengineering" everything on the drive axles. I had to step down some on the drive axle sizing. I have the new stuff now and I am installing the cradle this evening.

Florian
02-20-06, 01:13 PM
MM, keep us posted. Sounds like youll be the first to the table with a solution. Thank you for your time and efforts.

F

Flyboy
02-20-06, 04:11 PM
F and MM.....

Amen Brothers!

Geno
02-20-06, 05:22 PM
...waiting patiently and with great anticipation!...:bomb:

DiffTechnics
02-20-06, 06:28 PM
I called a week ago. THey were working on some other stuff and supposed to get back on the V. He did say that he was welding up the new support system for the revised casting. I will try contacting him tonight...

Marty

I'll email you shortly !

We are almost ready to go to the pattern maker so we can get casting , I would say about a month before the first casting's are done ! :thumbsup:

We havn't given up just ALOT OF R&D on at the moment

Kurt :stirpot:

Florian
02-20-06, 07:24 PM
ja ever notice Difftechnics sig? "Packing nine inches' I laughed out loud when I saw that. (I also figured it was metric, so its actually like what, 2.3 inches or something?)

F

DiffTechnics
02-20-06, 07:34 PM
ja ever notice Difftechnics sig? "Packing nine inches' I laughed out loud when I saw that. (I also figured it was metric, so its actually like what, 2.3 inches or something?)

F

nope I'm talkin your language , I ain't got a choice with all my U.S. GTO customers and me buying alot of camaro parts from there too , I gotta talk the talk hey ? LOL :)

lasstss
02-20-06, 09:26 PM
bumped

Florian
02-20-06, 11:25 PM
just havin fun diff.....we all know you guys down under are packin. (Just ask the kangaroos!)
Kidding.

Anxiously awaiting your rear...(so to speak)

F

DiffTechnics
02-21-06, 12:54 AM
Anxiously awaiting your rear

:eek: :thehand:

LOL

Florian
02-21-06, 11:56 AM
:eek: :thehand:

LOL

Thought youd get a kick out of that.

Take it easy down under, mates! Lift a castlemaine xxxx for us!

F

DiffTechnics
02-21-06, 04:35 PM
Thought youd get a kick out of that.

Take it easy down under, mates! Lift a castlemaine xxxx for us!

F

LOL You gotta be the first guy that didn't say have a fosters ...... man I hate that stuff noboddy drinks it here anyhow ! :tisk:

two weeks ago I had some customers/friends come out from chicago to visit they tried many beers Tooheys New was their pick :alchi: My fave is Carlton Draught ATM goes down easy .......too easy LOL

Kurt

Florian
02-21-06, 04:51 PM
LOL You gotta be the first guy that didn't say have a fosters ...... man I hate that stuff noboddy drinks it here anyhow ! :tisk:

two weeks ago I had some customers/friends come out from chicago to visit they tried many beers Tooheys New was their pick :alchi: My fave is Carlton Draught ATM goes down easy .......too easy LOL

Kurt

That Fosters garbage isnt fit for my dog....Now Carlton..thats a fine brew. Now stop drinkin get that rear done, my V begs for it.... :thumbsup:
All the best, mates!

F

Florian
02-24-06, 11:50 PM
....anxious....

ttt

F

lasstss
02-25-06, 12:12 AM
Given the complexity of this project and the fact that we want a low impact installation, also easily reversible. Its going to take a couple of months to get this finalized.
I have approached Lindsay to handle it possibly as I cannot. This is serious money. Once proven out. We can proceed with production units.

Im sure that madman knows this isnt an easy task and just takes a lot of time to bug out. As I get info from them, I will post it. Usually once every 2 weeks.

Flyboy
02-25-06, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the update Marty.

We'll all keep checking back.

Florian
02-25-06, 02:43 PM
nicely done, Marty!

F

trukk
02-26-06, 06:04 PM

FOSTERS...Austrailian for Bud.

-Chris

DiffTechnics
02-26-06, 08:41 PM
FOSTERS...Austrailian for Bud.

-Chris

You mean Sh**T ? LOL

Florian
02-26-06, 08:50 PM
same thing.

Bud = Fosters = shit.

F

DiffTechnics
02-26-06, 10:06 PM
same thing.

Bud = Fosters = shit.

F

LOL

Finally people who understand that fosters is s*** LOL

thank you thank you

thebigjimsho
02-26-06, 10:54 PM
Not all of us Americans is stoopid.

trukk
02-28-06, 11:53 AM
LOL

Finally people who understand that fosters is s*** LOL

thank you thank you

Great now I get to be 'Joke Assassin'.

Here in the states, Fosters has an add campaign, with the slogan 'Fosters, Australian for Beer'. Budweiser (Bud) is off course the mass produced everyman's beer, that basically tastes like @ss. IMHO (and your's it would appear), Fosters is made in the same vein as Bud (i.e. mass produced crap that tastes like @ss). Hence my quote: 'Fosters, Austrailian for Bud.'

So it would appear that we agree. :D

-Chris

Florian hit the nail on the head, and now that I've further explained it, the joke is no longer funny. YES, I am JOKE ASSASSIN!

V-Sting
02-28-06, 09:57 PM
In case someone is doing the green-visor thing and wondering about ROI, add me to the list of buyers for a sano drop-in diff.