: Looking for a V

blow03ss
02-18-06, 03:59 PM
Im in the market for a 04 or 05 V with less then 20K on the clock, give or take a few. Im in Philadelphia and don't mind a little travel to pick up the car. I will set me price between 30K and 34K depending on mods done and condition of course. If you want something new and shinny let me know I may want your old V. Thanks

Florian
02-18-06, 04:10 PM
I would recommend a sponsor here that deals with PEP vehicles. But since they punched me in the balls, Id say find one elsewhere, the sponsor apparantly is only concerned with your money, not your satisfaction.

F

blow03ss
02-18-06, 04:17 PM
please explain the PEP vehicles

Florian
02-18-06, 04:20 PM
A GM program where an executive gets to drive the car for 4-6 months to put some miles on it...it is mfgr titled so you it's "new" when you title it yourself, not "used". You let GM take the depreciation hit, so you can pick up a car with 1k-15K miles (depending on the exec.) for about 20-25% off list. I got my 04 (from a self serving dealer that wants only your money) for 36K with 15K on the clock.

F

DILLIGAF
02-18-06, 05:08 PM
If I was you I would look in the classifieds here and stay away from the dealers.I think you'll get a better deal from a forum member.Last time I looked there were quite a few cars for sale in there.And when its time for service visits look in here first for good dealers.Don't give a dealer business thats not going to take care of you down the road.Care to drop a name F

Florian
02-18-06, 05:14 PM
No, because they know who they are, and they suck. I wouldnt send my worst enemy there. CTSV05 and me are customer as are a bunch of others here on the board.

F

naiculnila
02-18-06, 06:47 PM
I'm in philly and have a redline V with 13,000 miles (ALL PA TURNPIKE miles)

blow03ss
02-18-06, 09:27 PM
yeah we need to talk

jdinjax
02-18-06, 11:16 PM
04' Silver with 17K on the clock located in Alexandria VA.
Exterior condition: Great to Excellent (No dings or scratches) one minor blemish on front spoiler near driving light (can send pics).
Black Interior: Excellent
Wheels: a couple 1" spots of curb rash on rear wheel (can send pics)
Tires: Excellent (purchased 5 months ago)
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust
Service/TSBs: Bushings, Radiator, XM tuner all performed by Lindsay Cadillac.

Car is 100%, meaning everything is updated, and working. No diff whine, or other problems to speak of. Garaged kept.

Asking price is 33.5K OBO.

Please PM me if you are interested

I haven't listed it anywhere yet. It has been in the garage awaiting spring. Really been Jonesing for a convertible of some sort....:)

blow03ss
02-19-06, 10:50 AM
yeah well I can't pm you because of the number of post. But email me some pics and some good info. silvy423@yahoo.com

Hokie99
02-19-06, 12:56 PM
A GM program where an executive gets to drive the car for 4-6 months to put some miles on it...it is mfgr titled so you it's "new" when you title it yourself, not "used". You let GM take the depreciation hit, so you can pick up a car with 1k-15K miles (depending on the exec.) for about 20-25% off list. I got my 04 (from a self serving dealer that wants only your money) for 36K with 15K on the clock.

F

take a look at http://www.pepcars.com/

doesn't seem to be any CTS-Vs

fig32
02-19-06, 01:36 PM
Jdinjax,
How about trading your silver CTSV for an 04 Lemans Blue Corvette Convertible with very low miles. I have aftermarket rims, Corsa Exhaust, Halltech air intake, Killer stereo, shifter and clear bra. Adult driven, kept on a lift covered in my garage during the winter and carefully babied. If you have some cash and your car, maybe we can make a deal. You can email me at fig32@mac.com for contact info if interested.

Mark

blow03ss
02-19-06, 01:59 PM
Yo fig32 give a guy a shot at getting into a car in his thread, damn you highjacker!

fig32
02-19-06, 02:29 PM
Dude Chill,
He mentioned a trade and I was interested. There are plenty of Vs available throughout the country. Both through private owners and dealers. Hell, I went to check out an 05 today. There might be a one in a million chance he would be interested in taking my car as a trade and coming up with cash. Didn't realize you would be offended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdinjax
02-19-06, 03:43 PM
hey gang...sorry for the delay in posting. Just got back from church and saw the additional posts.

Fig32, while your offer is tempting, and believe me it is. My goal is to have something the kids (3 and 1 yoa) can enjoy as well.

blow03ss, any specific shots other than the ones I mentioned earlier?

cheers,
-jd

blow03ss
02-19-06, 03:44 PM
Take it easy man, I didn't mean it like that. This is why I love computers, everyone has no idea how someone really feels on the other end. Anyway what happend with the 05? Is it still for sale? Can you give some details or are you thinking of getting it?

fig32
02-19-06, 05:23 PM
It's cool man! Didn't mean to over react. I want to get a V but don't want to end up with one someone traded in because of problems. The 05 is for sale at a local dealer. I went to look at it while they are closed before calling them tomorrow for the wonderful President's day, gotta get rid of inventory, willing to make great deals to get rid of cars sale:)
It's stealth grey, black interior and has 6600 on the clock. They are asking 39K for the car. I think that is too much and really would prefer to get into one for about 35-36K. I know there really isn't any difference between an 04 and an 05 but if I get an 04 I don't really want to pay much over 30K for it.

Mark

blow03ss
02-19-06, 05:53 PM
I think you and I are in the same boat, and in the same shopping area.

blow03ss
02-19-06, 05:55 PM
hey gang...sorry for the delay in posting. Just got back from church and saw the additional posts.

Fig32, while your offer is tempting, and believe me it is. My goal is to have something the kids (3 and 1 yoa) can enjoy as well.

blow03ss, any specific shots other than the ones I mentioned earlier?

cheers,
-jd

I just wanted you to send me some pics of the car I am very intrested in it. Its a long drive so I need to see as much as I can and tell me some more about it.....al trhough email of course. Thanks

04CTSVFLA
02-19-06, 06:12 PM
where are u located blowss?

blow03ss
02-19-06, 06:34 PM
Philly

Harley Guy
02-19-06, 09:37 PM
I have a 2005 Platinum V with a sun roof. It has 14k miles on it and is in showroom condition. I have a Corsa exhaust and a clear bra. I have nearly new Goodyear GS D3's and an original equipment wheel as a spare. This car has never been to a track day, never raced, never smoked in and never driven on the roads in the winter. I love the car, but some other changes in my life are prompting me to sell it. I am in Pittsburgh. I don't want to dicker on the price so it is for sale for $38K. It is definitely worth that and more.
You can e-mail me at Manning101@gmail.com.

naiculnila
02-20-06, 08:54 AM
blowss: i would NOT pay more than 33 for an '05 from a dealer.

While just playing around with the idea on how much i could get for my car, i stopped by many various dealers. The range i got was $28,000 - $35,000. the 35k was a one off offer from a VW dealer. The 28k-30k was from Cadillac dealers.

Hell if you want, i will go to the dealer with you and we can ask them how much they would give me trade in before you tell them you want to buy the one on the lot. Then you tell them that you want the one on the lot for the same amount!

I guarantee you, the deal will be amazing for that V on the lot.

Harley Guy
02-20-06, 01:36 PM
Naiculnila,
I am not doubting your word and I am not sure what is going on in Philly, but what you quote is not at all what I am seeing here on the other side of the state. I have taken a look a trading my V and I have been able to get more in trade than you are stating that dealers are asking for there. Yes, I know the invoice cost of the cars I am looking at and can separate real trade value quoted vs. trade value on an inflated price of the new car.

What I don't know is the condition of the cars that you are seeing on the lots there. Something seems out of whack. Hard to see why a Cadillac dealer would sell a car that is only a year old and probably sold new for say $45k at $30k or less. Wouldn't that indicate that someone traded in the V for less than that?

Bottom line if you can find a good used 05 V for $35K our under you should grab it. My car with Corsa, clear bar, new tires and OEM spare wheel is easily worth $38K. No car could be in better conditions than mine.

Just my thoughts.

naiculnila
02-20-06, 01:58 PM
harley: im just posting what i got. I saw the Manheim report from serveral dealers. The 38k figure is accurate for some V's but in TExas and some parts on the west coast.

There have been serverla V's in the local area that have gone for average of 33k with only 4-6k miles on manheim.

I also am quoting several dealers i have visited , Cadillac, Audi, VW

And cadillac was the lowest by offering me 28k trade in. Just stating the best deals i could get on a trade in. This way the guy shopping knows what dealers are getting them for instead of what they are just asking!

Harley Guy
02-20-06, 02:47 PM
Naiculnila: Thanks. Was just trying to understand.

Posting this info is a double edged sword. On one hand this forum needs to be a good place for owners and perspective owners to get good accurate info. On the other hand some of the sales prices I see being discussed seem to hurt all existing owners on the depreciation side as it lowers expectations by perspective buyers.

I don't think we should change anything, just making an observation.

blow03ss
02-20-06, 05:10 PM
Well went and looked @ a 04 with 8K on it today. That damn car was like new, and it drove so well compared to the pieces of sh*t I drove over the weekend. They wanted 38K for the car and all I could do is tell them they were crazy. I know its only got 8K but come on man I know that Harley has a damn nice 05 for that price. I think I have found the car I want I just have to wait on my morgage company now.