: I Miss my "V" eeeeeeeeeee !!

REDLINE_V
02-18-06, 02:11 PM
Not that I have any problems its just stored for the winter since November. Its covered in the garage and hooked up to a battery tender. I check on it once in a while but that hurts even more as I want to drive it. I have a UUC short shifter to install but that will have to wait until early April. I read all these threads and see people who are able to drive around in the nice weather not in two feet of snow like here in the northeast. Makes me wish April was tomorrow. Damn.....But for now I just tool around in my Tacoma imagining its my "V"... but that doesn't even come close for the need and desire of acceleration and speed. Oh well just day dreamin and jones-in real bad. Hope you all are enjoying your rides and keep it straight.

Soon on the road.........................:mad:

Florian
02-18-06, 02:30 PM
Me too, sometimes I just go sit in it and listen to the radio...how pathetic.
But I have done some minor mods, and on jacks it makes everything easy to get to. :)

F

heavymetals
02-18-06, 02:31 PM
And I wonder why I live in Southern Calif.

I thought it was for the girls! :thepan:

thebigjimsho
02-18-06, 02:31 PM
Or, if you decide to do the upkeep that a properly kept winter vehicle needs, take it out. I don't actually drive my V in the snow but I do take it out in the winter months. Add the clearbra and the many coats of wax I apply in the fall and spring, and it's all good.

I just make sure to wash it by hand. If it's not at least 37 degrees, I take it to a friends' garage and wash it inside. Always by hand. And a touchless automatic carwash with a good undercarriage rinse is good to have, too.

thebigjimsho
02-18-06, 02:32 PM
Is that a record for most posts in a minute?

DILLIGAF
02-18-06, 02:53 PM
I'm gonna hop in mine for you right now.5 fn degrees here but clear skies and windy.Perfect weather for breaking the tires loose in 4th.When I get back a bottle of Herradura will be calling my name.Margaritas for Randy on a saturday afternoon.

thebigjimsho
02-18-06, 02:56 PM
Yep, I'm about to head out with no particular place to go, too. Veevaaa!!

DILLIGAF
02-18-06, 03:08 PM
On another note,I planned on putting my new falkins on today.The tire shop I planned on doing this wants 200$ an hour on saturdays with a 2 hour minimum.What dickheads.Now I have to take the car back to the dealer,miss some work and beg my kid to follow me to Wichita to bring me back.Liven in the sticks sucks ass when it comes to this stuff!

50 4Ever
02-18-06, 03:21 PM
On another note,I planned on putting my new falkins on today.The tire shop I planned on doing this wants 200$ an hour on saturdays with a 2 hour minimum.What dickheads.Now I have to take the car back to the dealer,miss some work and beg my kid to follow me to Wichita to bring me back.Liven in the sticks sucks ass when it comes to this stuff!

I have never heard of a tire shop charging an hourly rate just to mount & balance tires. That is all jacked up man. Hope you can find a good deal.

:eek:

Florian
02-18-06, 03:56 PM
WOW! The speedshop that I deal with is 28/tire all mounted and balanced....perfecto!

F

DILLIGAF
02-18-06, 04:00 PM
No such thing as a good deal around here.Dealer charges 50$ apiece and that includes a road force balance.Not terrible, but damn.Adds up when your mounting new tires every 6 months.Time to start drinking.

f2000keith
02-18-06, 04:06 PM
I'm in the same boat with the original post. Car is hooked up to a battery tender and I put a bottle of StaBil in the gas tank back in November. I may have it worse though... For my Winter car, I have a purple '96 Explorer with 150k miles.:crybaby: I miss my V!!

trekster
02-18-06, 04:09 PM
Rain, Snow, or Shine I'm going to drive it everyday. Well, I don't have a problem with snow.

Florian
02-18-06, 04:17 PM
I drove it 1 winter in the snow....fortunately, I found a beater that was reliable so I could park my V. The V isnt much fun in the winter, it is managable, but too much to worry about.

F