: HOTCHKIS Group Buy - Update

homer403
02-18-06, 11:16 AM
To all that express that they were "IN" on the Hotchkis group buy... what happened??? There were many of you that just never follow through... that is just wrong :thehand: . Those of us who put group buys together invest many of our own personal time doing research, negotiating with manufactures and putting together the best deal. For those who just flake out :tisk: , you hurt the rest of us. So you tell me, why do a group, any group buy to begin with??? Why invest the time???

The price was good.. the savings was there (based on current prices across the internet)... they took credit cards... the "stock" was right.... i follow through with technical information... so why so many flaked out???

This kind of participation can and will only hurt future group buys and people taking the time to start one.

For those who follow through... I thank you. I know who you are.. and THANKS!

ahahnu
02-18-06, 11:33 AM
I ordered mine this week! Sorry about giving you a hard time, however I was trying to avoid what happened to me on ebay this week.

-Dont buy anything on Ebay from "upscalecustoms." He is trying to sell rims from his "700 hp" CTSV. However when I talked to him he knew nothing about it. Liar.

Thanks Derek!

verbs
02-18-06, 01:29 PM
To all that express that they were "IN" on the Hotchkis group buy... what happened??? There were many of you that just never follow through... that is just wrong :thehand: . Those of us who put group buys together invest many of our own personal time doing research, negotiating with manufactures and putting together the best deal. For those who just flake out :tisk: , you hurt the rest of us. So you tell me, why do a group, any group buy to begin with??? Why invest the time???

The price was good.. the savings was there (based on current prices across the internet)... they took credit cards... the "stock" was right.... i follow through with technical information... so why so many flaked out???

This kind of participation can and will only hurt future group buys and people taking the time to start one.

For those who follow through... I thank you. I know who you are.. and THANKS!

I still bought mine, but I can give you a few reasons why people backed out.

1. We get an email saying there is a defect in the rear sway bars Hotchkis has been sending out and get a picture with a broken sway bar. We're told to wait a little longer for Hotchkis to fix it, and we'll get the first re-tooled fixed swaybars. We're told if we don't wait and order through someone else we're not going to get the re-tooled fixed swaybars.

2. All of a sudden Hotchkis, the maker of the bars backs out, and we're forced to order from a 2nd rate import shop that almost everyone here has never heard of who is not a sponsor. According to Hotchkis if we ordered through someone other than them we don't get the fixed bars. Well guess what, we're now ordering through someone else and are getting the old defective bars.

3. Denial on the part of Hotchkis to the owners of the sway bars is some VERY shady shit, citing there was never a problem with the swaybars when there clearly was. Not everyone is comfortable buying from a company who lies to a customer and puts them at risk by keeing them in the dark about the fact that their rear swaybar could snap at any moment.

4.In the month or so it took to put this together, people's priorities situations change. Some people sell their cars, or have other issues come up. That's the way with any GP.

I'm sorry, but I've been biting my tongue long enough on this.

thebigjimsho
02-18-06, 02:05 PM
Yep, I was cautious also. I'm having a potential issue with identity theft with one of my credit cards having a fraudulent charge and my AOL account being hacked. So I had bigger fish to fry.

Florian
02-18-06, 02:52 PM
I think the fact that it was a 'shady' deal, done off board, with an unknown source was the cause of the bailing. There were no known defects of the bars (according to Brian at Hotchkis) and I think that the fact that this was an unauthorized retailler of Hotchkis products had a bunch to do with it (ie getting bars at a price lower than jobber cost, etc)

My .02

F

DILLIGAF
02-18-06, 04:58 PM
Thanks,I wanted the bars and the wait doesn't bother me.Shady,I don't know about that,off board yes.Most people putting a gp together would have bailed on the whole thing.Whos fault,who cares,as long as the gp stays together, and thats what this perticular individual did.Kept it together as best he could.Time will tell if it was worth it.

Florian
02-18-06, 05:02 PM
Thanks,I wanted the bars and the wait doesn't bother me.Shady,I don't know about that,off board yes.Most people putting a gp together would have bailed on the whole thing.Whos fault,who cares,as long as the gp stays together, and thats what this perticular individual did.Kept it together as best he could.Time will tell if it was worth it.
:yeah: agreed. Not pointing fingers....just my .02

F

Geno
02-18-06, 05:26 PM
Hey I'm onboard and kept my end of the bargain. As long as I get the bars in the promised amount of time, I'll be a happy camper. The one worry I have is if the people we bought the bars from is not an authorized vender, then Hotchkis is going to bend them over sort of speak and they'll be delays in delivery.

I hope I'm wrong, we'll see.

DILLIGAF
02-18-06, 05:45 PM
The day after I ordered my bars I saw the said speed shop on the speed channel.Don't remember the shows name,but the said shop looks like a first class operation.BIG PLACE,I was worried till then because when I went to get my invoice off my e-mail my reader was locking up my computer.Called them,they faxed it to me in minutes.Not concerned at all about this deal.

homer403
02-18-06, 06:16 PM
To all... not only are they an authorized HOTCHKIS dealer... they are one of the biggest one out there - with one of the strongest reputation out there. HOTCHKIS works with these guys all the time. They agreed to offer the price on no firm numbers - so it's not really a tranditional group buy... just good negotiations on a good price... geez.. what more could you ask for.

Dam there are so many whiners here!

However.. thanks again to all of those who stuck by their words.

Geno
02-18-06, 06:35 PM
To all... not only are they an authorized HOTCHKIS dealer... they are one of the biggest one out there - with one of the strongest reputation out there. HOTCHKIS works with these guys all the time. They agreed to offer the price on no firm numbers - so it's not really a tranditional group buy... just good negotiations on a good price... geez.. what more could you ask for.

Dam there are so many whiners here!

However.. thanks again to all of those who stuck by their words.

Hey Homer...I don't want you to think I was whining...just musing out loud. I'm real happy you went through the effort to get this done... and more happy when the bar gets installed.

Thanks again!!!:worship:

homer403
02-18-06, 06:52 PM
Thanks Geno :thumbsup:

Homer

SlvrVee
02-18-06, 06:58 PM
Derek... just wanted to say thank you for your effort in putting this together and saving me quiet a few dollars. Placing my order was smooth and effortless and I rec a confirmation e-mail with my invoice attached. For the guys who are still sitting on the fence, go take a look at the web site and you will clearly see that they are an authorized dealer for Hotchkis and many others. This vendor is in no way "Shady". I am totaly satisified and am patienly waiting for my bars to ship.

verbs
02-18-06, 07:35 PM
There were no known defects of the bars (according to Brian at Hotchkis)

Then one of us is being lied to. The automotive industry is very shady and I don't like seeing people getting dicked aroudn. Take a good read at the email the GPers were sent. The pictures being referred to was one with a rear swaybar snapped in half.

TO ALL:

DO NOT POST THESE PICTURES ON THE FOURM OR THE GROUP PRICE… YOU WILL SCREW UP THE WHOLE THING!!!!!

To all,

The good news… our request for the Cadillac CTS-V Group Sponsorship was APPROVED for "wholesale pricing" by the director of Group Sponsorship.

This is different than a traditional smaller type "Group Buy" and typically yields more favorable pricing via payment by check or money order. Payments by credit card may not be an option due to the lower manufacturers wholesale pricing.

I will have the final price based on our Group purchase of 42 buyers on Friday; February 03, 2006 and each of you will be notified personally by email as you have now with specific instructions on how to place your order for your CTS-V Hotchkiss anti-sway bar kit in the color black.

Please understand to make a group buy successful, there has to be some incentive to join in during the timeframe.. not choose to join when it is done. That incentive is getting information that may be "sensitive" – but to our benefit. We have been told of the following changes to the Hotchkis rear sway bar. Hotchkis is staying with the 1" hollow designed rear bar; but they have detected a flaw in it. Some have it; others don't. He just stated that it was a "tooling issue". I have included a picture where the bars just snaps for you to look at. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT TO GET THE RETOOLED BARS!!!!!

So please be patient. Don’t bail on me now.. I can’t tell you the work that has gone into this.

verbs
02-18-06, 07:37 PM
This vendor is in no way "Shady".

Vivid racing, not shady.

Hotckis, shady. :stirpot:

Florian
02-18-06, 10:18 PM
Then one of us is being lied to. The automotive industry is very shady and I don't like seeing people getting dicked aroudn. Take a good read at the email the GPers were sent. The pictures being referred to was one with a rear swaybar snapped in half.

TO ALL:

DO NOT POST THESE PICTURES ON THE FOURM OR THE GROUP PRICE… YOU WILL SCREW UP THE WHOLE THING!!!!!

To all,

The good news… our request for the Cadillac CTS-V Group Sponsorship was APPROVED for "wholesale pricing" by the director of Group Sponsorship.

This is different than a traditional smaller type "Group Buy" and typically yields more favorable pricing via payment by check or money order. Payments by credit card may not be an option due to the lower manufacturers wholesale pricing.

I will have the final price based on our Group purchase of 42 buyers on Friday; February 03, 2006 and each of you will be notified personally by email as you have now with specific instructions on how to place your order for your CTS-V Hotchkiss anti-sway bar kit in the color black.

Please understand to make a group buy successful, there has to be some incentive to join in during the timeframe.. not choose to join when it is done. That incentive is getting information that may be "sensitive" – but to our benefit. We have been told of the following changes to the Hotchkis rear sway bar. Hotchkis is staying with the 1" hollow designed rear bar; but they have detected a flaw in it. Some have it; others don't. He just stated that it was a "tooling issue". I have included a picture where the bars just snaps for you to look at. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT TO GET THE RETOOLED BARS!!!!!

So please be patient. Don’t bail on me now.. I can’t tell you the work that has gone into this.

That just oozes shady......

Vivid racing...all good. Above post, all shady.

F

PneuBird
02-19-06, 04:33 AM
I ordered mine last monday. Vivid Racing is no small organization by any means. I await the delivery of my sway bars! :bigroll:

BowenCT
02-19-06, 04:42 AM
sloppy koontz

BowenCT
02-19-06, 04:55 AM
Take a good read at the email the GPers were sent. The pictures being referred to was one with a rear swaybar snapped in half.

TO ALL:

To all,

verbs,

who sent that? I, and every buyer of Hotchkis bars would like to know.....

lasstss
02-19-06, 10:39 AM
verbs,

who sent that? I, and every buyer of Hotchkis bars would like to know.....

I know who wrote it. He is not an engineer hence the verbosity! I think he really wanted to be a writer..its harmless....

BowenCT
02-19-06, 01:00 PM
I know who wrote it. He is not an engineer hence the verbosity! I think he really wanted to be a writer..its harmless....

Figured that. Thanks man.....

verbs
02-19-06, 01:38 PM

OK, so you're saying that this Group Purchase organizer who sent a picture of a broken rear sway bar and claimed there were defects with Hotchkis bars either.......

1. Lied to all us GPers about these rear sway bars in an effort to boost purchases and keep people around given delays he was encountering.

2. Decided to slander Hotchkis for absolutely no reason.

3. Decided to **** with everyone.

4. Was absolutely truthful and Hotchkis is full of shit.

Either way somebody has been lying to people, whether it be the GP organizer or Hotchkis

Are you saying this secretive picture that we were told not to post on the forum was just fabricated by the GP starter for no reason? He're is why everyone was saying there was a defect, we were told some of the rear swaybars on CTS-Vs were snapping. Not all but some, and then sent this picture to give us an example.

http://members.cox.net/fryrice/Hollow%20sway%20bar.jpg

Something stinks. That's not how you do business.

DILLIGAF
02-19-06, 01:47 PM
Why the pissen contest here?Everybody had the option to be in or out,i'm in and very thankful Derek went to all this trouble for me and you.This deal is on paper,its done.

51PHFTY
02-19-06, 02:17 PM
Not trying to start anything here, but, that is not a picture of a broken sway bar on a "V" from what I can tell. In fact, it looks like it is on a front wheel drive car. Also, the Hotchkis bars for the "V" do not have that ring at the chassis mount. I don't remember any of my Hotchkis bars having that ring. I have used Hotchkis stuff quite a few times and currently have their bars on my "V". You guys will be quite happy with the difference.

Marty

urbanski
02-19-06, 02:44 PM
lol @ busted something on some other car but not a V

Florian
02-19-06, 04:14 PM
even funnier is that Eibachs are red, Hotchkis' are black....there is no 'ring' on the Hotchkis bars at the saddle mount either

F

verbs
02-19-06, 04:40 PM
lol @ busted something on some other car but not a VNo, it's not a V, I know that, but it was sent to us as an example of this "broken" swaybar problem with the Hotchkis bars by the GP organizers.

This whole GP was the shadiest transaction I've ever made, especially because I'm told by the GP organzier that the items we were buying were defective in the past, and Hotchkis didn't want us to tell anyone about it, but they were fixing it....and that was why there was a delay on wrapping up pricing because we needed to wait for the "fixed" retooled rear swaybars. What we were told made it out as if Hotchkis knew there was a problem but wanted to keep it quiet because they didn't want to scare any of the current sway bar owners.

Regardless, someone is spreading fallacies, whether it be the GP organizers or Hotchkis themselves, and like I said, not the way to do business.

Florian
02-19-06, 04:46 PM
I said it at the beginning, Ill say it again...this GB smells funky....like bad BO

F

urbanski
02-19-06, 06:47 PM
I'm with you F

my "delete" finger is getting really itchy.

If the "vendor" walks on water as rumored to, let them join here as a Vendor and make a thread.

I won't kill this yet and here is why....the "shadiness" needs discussed more, specifically the "defect". Real or not.

This is the last Hotchkiss thread until we get a REAL GB by a REAL vendor here.

lasstss
02-19-06, 07:09 PM
Why the pissen contest here?Everybody had the option to be in or out,i'm in and very thankful Derek went to all this trouble for me and you.This deal is on paper,its done.

Hey, I dont know who posted that pic but like I said before, things break. Hotchkis is no different. I had a Hotchkiss bar on my son's Matrix fail laterally. They sent me a new one no charge. Shit happens...and this was a 2 year old bar.

I paid with my amex, any issue, I just refuse the charge.
I will call Vivid tomorow.

On another note, one of the guys who was in on setting up the GP is pretty ill with a debilitating health problem. I have not been able to reach him which is not good.

Dreamin
02-19-06, 08:35 PM
I said it at the beginning, Ill say it again...this GB smells funky....like bad BO

The whole thing smells funky...

From the original thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/64479-hotchkis-group-buy-whats-deal.html

Homer starts with, "Hotchkis has a fix to the rear bars [ ]... I will be sending out an eMail this evening detailing everything."

Lastss adds, "They snap at the bend. Hollow bars have a torsion limit. Evidently, they were not formed properly."

Some respected forum members were (are?) supporting the "defect theory".

Now Lastss you write about the email above, "I know who wrote it. [...] its harmless...."

And Florian is jumping up and down stating there is no flaw... but how do we know Hotchkis isn't lying to him? Hell, Cadillac lies to us everyday...

:wtf: So who wrote that email?? I see only 3 possibilties: Homer, Vivid Racing, or Hotchkis. And is there a defect, or did someone make it up to make more money on this GP??

thebigjimsho
02-19-06, 08:50 PM
I'm not whining. But...

There was some concern over this group buy as it was going down. And we got no explanation or insight on the matter. I also got that email and was under the impression that Hotchkis had problems with early bars. I also was wondering what those pics were telling me since the impression in the email was that this was a V when it clearly is not...unless someone has done some serious exhaust replumbing.

I am somewhat thankful that someone went through the trouble to set up a group buy. But there were a lot of questions here that were never addressed. So when you see this email after all the commotion:

To all,

To avoid any further delays directly from the manufacture, I am “recommending” that everyone call RJ (Vivid Racing) at 480-966-3040 ext. 231 for a price of $xxx plus shipping. He is aware of our situation and is prepare to help everyone.

Thanks to all for your patience.

To me, this seemed like something had happened and plans changed. I'm glad Vivid is doing this and their website is impressive. But it just didn't feel right.

I'm not doing this to fuel any fire or accuse anyone of anything but I feel like I've been accused of doing something wrong. I got the above email on the 8th. On the 9th and 10th I got follow-up emails from the arranger and Vivid. I was going to order last Saturday until I saw they were closed on weekends. This week became a blur and being the busy guy I am, never got to make the call because their hours are not conducive to my schedule. Add to that I may be having personal credit issues with fraudulent charges, and it hasn't been to good a week. Besides, I don't remember a deadline being passed down to purchase these bars in X amount of days. I've already emailed Vivid so if they'll let me, I'll make the purchase on Monday or Tuesday if they're closed for the holiday.

I also think berating, talking down to or accusing people of whining is not a good way to build up trust when doing these things.

homer403
02-19-06, 09:03 PM
OK.. let me see if I can put this to bed.

This was a deal a supporting vendor and I was trying to pull together for the group (see if I ever do this again). The first group buy I did for the group went well - the Ultimate Pedals - and they even became a supporting vendor. After reading about the problems some have experienced on the board about the Hotchkis splitting and breaking http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/62455-hotchkis-sway-bar-squeak.html?highlight=hotchkis+split (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/62455-hotchkis-sway-bar-squeak.html?highlight=hotchkis+split) ... we inquire this to HOTCHKIS. Here is what my crystal ball say - they were experiencing a tooling problem - which maybe why some folks have had problems - but a direct answer, no. Anyways, I believe what problems existed has been addressed. But the other issue was the price break point.. you needed a $40k order to get a break. And of course, we didn't have that volume. So I called around and came upon Vivid Racing.. who was willing to help us out with the price point. Since Vivid Racing wasn't a supporting vendor.. they offered me a couple of things, one is to become one.. which accoding to RJ at Vivid... they tried... and are still willing to but no one has contacted them back. So keep this from becoming a group buy.. they were willing to just offer a good price... whether if there was handful of buyers or a lot of buyers. So this took away the need to have "X" number of folks who sign up (but i did wanted them to make something since i knew what there cost was - or dam close to it). If anyone think I made money on this deal please send me a check - I am waiting. To make the inquires took time.. to find a vendor... took time... to address any problems with the bars.. took time. Many on this board have no patience (well I should have guess that from people who buys fast cars, me included). Just because one has existing bars prior to retooling.. it doesn't mean they have a bad bar. Vivid has the reputation and the buying power provide us with the right support before and afetr the sale. Hope this make sense. What happened here is I try to do folks a favor... Vivid did us a favor...

Derek

ahahnu
02-19-06, 09:18 PM
Jim, I understand your concern about it sounding fishy. After talking to Derek, then RJ at Vivid, I was sold. I recently had a prob also, so I was nervous.

Derek, thanks for all the leg work. I apologize about raising so many concerns, however I was taught a major lesson this week.

thebigjimsho
02-19-06, 09:21 PM
Derek, I know you're probably a very busy guy and it's hard to make this work when things change constantly. And you did send a lot of emails. I also had no problem with the time it took do get this done. You just needed to give us that clarification. Even though it wasn't the smoothest, I appreciate the effort. And like I said, I'm still planning on getting the bars.

BowenCT
02-19-06, 09:30 PM
Sure am glad all I had to do was pick up the phone, call TByrne and get my bars for $299. Watching this GB unfold was a unique blend of comedy and torture.

Florian
02-19-06, 10:07 PM
:yeah: I did the same on the first GB. It was easy, professional and on the level. No assaches, no mystery, no secrets, no pictures I couldnt post....

F

dannystang
02-20-06, 12:10 AM
:yeah: I did the same on the first GB. It was easy, professional and on the level. No assaches, no mystery, no secrets, no pictures I couldnt post....

F

How's that secret extra long anal beads order coming along?

Can we share?

urbanski
02-20-06, 09:09 AM
Sure am glad all I had to do was pick up the phone, call TByrne and get my bars for $299. Watching this GB unfold was a unique blend of comedy and torture.
Tbyrne is a Vendor here and is having a Presidents Day sale.

Florian
02-20-06, 10:00 AM
How's that secret extra long anal beads order coming along?

Can we share?

Danny,

As one of the most famous "power bottoms" in the 'community' you should know that it isnt about length. My order is for bowling balls attached by anchor chain...that should keep your sphincter happy....:eek: :)

F

dannystang
02-20-06, 03:07 PM
ROFL

Oh that was worth a good laugh...

Florian
02-20-06, 03:15 PM
anything for you DS!

F

Mat347
02-20-06, 04:35 PM
Tbyrne is a Vendor here and is having a Presidents Day sale.

Can he give us the same $299 to our door price like he gave you?

Florian
02-20-06, 04:38 PM
Cant hurt to ask.....

F

BowenCT
02-20-06, 04:40 PM
877-4-tbyrne

dannystang
03-20-06, 04:37 PM
Umm I figured I bump this..

As I am pretty disorganized and have no idea when I ordered this...

Thinking beginning of febuary...counted 4 weeks which leaves me somewhere in march...

MLG you seem to be on-top of this vendor have any clues?

If its another 4 weeks I don't care as long as they didnt forget us :)

lasstss
03-20-06, 05:58 PM
Umm I figured I bump this..

As I am pretty disorganized and have no idea when I ordered this...

Thinking beginning of febuary...counted 4 weeks which leaves me somewhere in march...

MLG you seem to be on-top of this vendor have any clues?

If its another 4 weeks I don't care as long as they didnt forget us :)

They were supposed to ship this past friday. Im waiting for an update.

dannystang
03-20-06, 06:07 PM
They were supposed to ship this past friday. Im waiting for an update.

Cool, thanks...

I guess pretty soon then...

heavymetals
03-20-06, 06:10 PM
Still waiting to.

I need my fix.

More MODS!!!!

DILLIGAF
03-20-06, 06:16 PM
Still waiting to.

I need my fix.

More MODS!!!!
Since this got bumped,has anybody contacted the vendor about end links?If somebody has info could they post?:bouncy:

pimpcaddy
03-20-06, 06:28 PM
All,

I received the following reply earlier today.

Dave

"Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:09:54 -0700
I was supposed to have the bars on Friday so I will contact hotchkis todayand check the status on them! RJ Schulte"

DILLIGAF
03-20-06, 06:31 PM
All,

I received the following reply earlier today.

Dave

"Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:09:54 -0700
I was supposed to have the bars on Friday so I will contact hotchkis todayand check the status on them! RJ Schulte"
Looks like we're still a few weeks away.Thats ok,Only because we don't have a choice.:thepan:

ChicagoCTS32
03-20-06, 06:42 PM
Once you guys upgrade your bars, I'd be willing to take a set off your hands... obviously with some donation to your pocket. Especially if any of you are in the chicago area. Send a PM. Thanks!

AsAkAs
03-20-06, 07:40 PM
Once you guys upgrade your bars, I'd be willing to take a set off your hands... obviously with some donation to your pocket. Especially if any of you are in the chicago area. Send a PM. Thanks!

Ditto, i'd like a set of V-Sways when someone upgrades.

Southeastern, MA here, willing to pickup in region.

DILLIGAF
03-20-06, 08:04 PM
I'm sure when we get our bars you guys can put up a thread offering to buy our stock bars.We will sell then.

mlg
03-21-06, 01:03 AM
Wtf, I Say We All Bail On The Deal And Go W/ Tbyrne. This Is Rediculous. I Ordered Custom Floor Mats 1 Week Ago And They Arrived As Ordered 2 Days Ago . This Is Not Kenya In 1950. This Is My 1st And Probably Last Gb. We Started This In F'n Dec 05..

Staxxin
03-21-06, 09:16 AM
mlg -

I received an update from RJ last week stating that the bars were expected to arrive this week at Vivid’s facility. I’ll follow up again mid-week to see what’s going on…

John

mlg
03-21-06, 12:18 PM
stax, thanx 4 the update, i hope its accurate as my faith is faaaaaaading.

Luna.
03-21-06, 12:30 PM
This GB is not only for a LOT of units (like 50), Hotchkiss bars weren't available if you tried to purchase a single unit from many vendors (they would specifically say it was 4-6 weeks away). What exactly was your expectation?

ChicagoCTS32
03-21-06, 01:02 PM
As a self-appointed spokesperson from the non-V forum, I would like to establish a "group buy" for your v-sways. Can we agree on a set price (including S&H) and get a list of you V owners that are willing to sell your bars when you upgrade. This would just allow us to streamline the process. If you're interested, please send an e-mail directly to me: caleb.garvey (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks V owners!

AsAkAs
03-21-06, 01:52 PM
As a self-appointed spokesperson from the non-V forum, I would like to establish a "group buy" for your v-sways. Can we agree on a set price (including S&H) and get a list of you V owners that are willing to sell your bars when you upgrade. This would just allow us to streamline the process. If you're interested, please send an e-mail directly to me: caleb.garvey (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks V owners!

Good call!

ChicagoCTS32
03-22-06, 04:15 PM
Any other V-owners want to put your name in on the list? I have 4 buyers and 1 seller so far. I'm just doing this to try and streamline the process. The CTS owners would like to see the price at $100 including shipping.

Thanks!

ochaole
03-22-06, 04:38 PM
you can have mine too

kgoch
03-22-06, 04:51 PM
I ordered my bars directly from Hotchkiss. They took about 1 1/2 months to get. Everytime they said they would ship by Friday, it would take another 2 weeks.

pimpcaddy
03-22-06, 11:31 PM
Any other V-owners want to put your name in on the list? I have 4 buyers and 1 seller so far. I'm just doing this to try and streamline the process. The CTS owners would like to see the price at $100 including shipping.

Thanks!

Put my name in the hat. Preference is for local pick-up. San Francisco Bay Area.

Dave

trekster
03-23-06, 11:37 AM
How much is the swaybars? I'm willing to take up someones spot or get on the list.

50 4Ever
03-23-06, 12:34 PM
I would be willing to sell mine locally in the Sacramento area if possible. I have no idea how much shipping would be and who would ship them.

KILR CAD
03-23-06, 01:35 PM
I was one of the first 30 or so to order and have not recieved my bars yet, I called a few weeks ago and he said they would be shipped the next week. That was a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to cancel my order if they are not here by Monday.

trekster
03-23-06, 02:06 PM
I would be willing to sell mine locally in the Sacramento area if possible. I have no idea how much shipping would be and who would ship them.Shipping should be more than $20 bucks ground with fedex. I'm willing to take them off your hands. Just pm me the price and if everything goes well I'm willing to send the payment via paypal tonight.

austin
03-23-06, 04:23 PM
The vender should atleast sent an update email to everyone. :(

verbs
03-23-06, 04:28 PM
I called today and am waiting for a call back.

Staxxin
03-23-06, 04:35 PM
I called today too and spoke with RJ. He said Hotchkis confirmed shipment and they should be ariving at the Vivid facility today or tomorrow. They plan to start shipping to us next week. He also stated that they should be able to ship 30 of the 50 the first day. I know I'm anxiously awaiting!

DILLIGAF
03-23-06, 06:37 PM
I called today too and spoke with RJ. He said Hotchkis confirmed shipment and they should be ariving at the Vivid facility today or tomorrow. They plan to start shipping to us next week. He also stated that they should be able to ship 30 of the 50 the first day. I know I'm anxiously awaiting!
Good news Finally!

L.Sanchez
03-23-06, 07:01 PM
I also called today and RJ said they'd be in by tommorow (Friday the 24th). I'm 16 on the list so IF they do come in tommorow, I should recieve my bars by mid-end of next week. RJ said he'd call me tommorow to at least let me know if the bars come in.

I KNOW I'm getting the bars. There is nothing shady going on in my opinion. I've been part of several GP's for other cars I've had and they never go too smoothly or within the length of time they say. Thats part of sales. ;)

I say we quit worrying about that a start making sure you have all the tools you need to put these bars on when they get here!! :)

Oh, I'm the San Fernando Valley. If someone wants to pick up my stock V bars, send me an email.

Ladis

bryce3
03-23-06, 07:09 PM
Rj told me I was # 18 on the list, so I hope my bars get shipped in the first group too.

DeputyDog
03-23-06, 10:37 PM
Sounds like good news from RJ. I was told I was in the top ten so we'll see if they get here next week. When they show up I'll post, as I'm sure the rest of you will too.

kali_cts03
03-23-06, 11:26 PM
I also called today and RJ said they'd be in by tommorow (Friday the 24th). I'm 16 on the list so IF they do come in tommorow, I should recieve my bars by mid-end of next week. RJ said he'd call me tommorow to at least let me know if the bars come in.

I KNOW I'm getting the bars. There is nothing shady going on in my opinion. I've been part of several GP's for other cars I've had and they never go too smoothly or within the length of time they say. Thats part of sales. ;)

I say we quit worrying about that a start making sure you have all the tools you need to put these bars on when they get here!! :)

Oh, I'm the San Fernando Valley. If someone wants to pick up my stock V bars, send me an email.

Ladis

PM sent, didn't find your email her in the post! :)

verbs
03-24-06, 02:02 AM
I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow from Vivid tomorrow then :p

verbs
03-24-06, 11:19 PM
Called them to pick it up. Surprise! None showed up today. Supposedly RJ called Hotchkis and was told Monday or Tuesday.

*Yawn*

JOEYCTS-V
03-24-06, 11:30 PM
I got the run-around from Vivid for 2 months when I ordered my bars through them. They have no clue what's going on! I will never order another part from them, EVER! They also charged my credit card as soon as I placed the order even though they had no idea when they would get the part. To make a long story short after all the BS, they said they should be getting them soon and will be shipping them out. After calling Hotchkis I found out they had already shipped them to me directly. They gave me a tracking # and I had them a few days later. I guarantee Hotchkis is shipping them out directly. Your best bet is to call them and stop wasting your time with Vivid.

KILR CAD
03-24-06, 11:36 PM
Are these bars the same diameter as the stock bars? If not are these bars coming with new bushings? Are they greasable bushings? Are they the new style bars? Inquiring Minds want to Know :confused:

wildwhl
03-25-06, 12:18 AM
They are larger diameter.

The bushings can be greased (and need to be - don't and you'll hear a lot of noise).

What do you mean by new style? If you mean do they make your V handle (almost) like a go-kart, then yes :thumbsup:

WW

KILR CAD
03-25-06, 01:07 AM
I meant different from the bar's that were breaking. And as for the bushings I was talking about the type like "Energy Suspension" has with a Zerk fitting in them.

ahahnu
03-25-06, 07:58 AM
I thought someone said it wasn't a V the picture was taken of. Also, you push anythong hard enough it'll break.

50 4Ever
03-25-06, 03:00 PM
I got the run-around from Vivid for 2 months when I ordered my bars through them. They have no clue what's going on! I will never order another part from them, EVER! They also charged my credit card as soon as I placed the order even though they had no idea when they would get the part. To make a long story short after all the BS, they said they should be getting them soon and will be shipping them out. After calling Hotchkis I found out they had already shipped them to me directly. They gave me a tracking # and I had them a few days later. I guarantee Hotchkis is shipping them out directly. Your best bet is to call them and stop wasting your time with Vivid.

Do you remember what number you were on the list? I am #7 and no bars yet. What number did you call for Hotchkis?

:bouncy:

Geno
03-25-06, 08:50 PM
I meant different from the bar's that were breaking. And as for the bushings I was talking about the type like "Energy Suspension" has with a Zerk fitting in them.

The pic shown of the car with the broken bar, was not a "V". Dead give away, the muffler was mounted horizontally. Also I don't think the Hotchkis bars are red, as shown in the pic. I think, the Hotchkis bars are black.

verbs
03-25-06, 10:34 PM
The pic shown of the car with the broken bar, was not a "V". Dead give away, the muffler was mounted horizontally. Also I don't think the Hotchkis bars are red, as shown in the pic. I think, the Hotchkis bars are black.

I'm still bothered by that picture. Why would the organizer of the group purchase send us those pictures and say that there is a defect in the bars and we had to wait for Hotchkis to retool their machines to fix the defect? Was this to cover up the fact that he couldn't come through in a timely fashion? Who knows.

This whole GP has been a joke.

dannystang
03-26-06, 11:26 AM
Damn guys stop bashing the damn GP...

Homer spent alot of time on it, he didn't even need to bother...

Manufacturers will send product whenever they damn feel like it...The vendor can only order it and wait...then deliver...

Its no ones fault this stuff just takes time...

mlg
03-26-06, 11:39 AM
ds, dude get a clue. this gp is a cluster f. sorry to piss u off, but sometimes the trueth hurtz.

thebigjimsho
03-26-06, 12:42 PM
ds, dude get a clue. this gp is a cluster f. sorry to piss u off, but sometimes the trueth hurtz.Yeah, but it doesn't hurt as much as your spelling...

dannystang
03-26-06, 01:39 PM
ds, dude get a clue. this gp is a cluster f. sorry to piss u off, but sometimes the trueth hurtz.

Mlg I could be off but I think how this works is Vendor takes orders, vendor calls Manufacturer, Manufacturer orders raw materials, raw materials get bent by manufacturer, manufacturer delivers to vendor, vendor ships to us...

Something about supply line management or something...

Hell, my clients wait 4 months for product...unless the manufacturer is late then we are looking at 6 months.

Sometimes it is what it is...

I think they gave us a 4-6 week lead time what are we on 8 weeks could be worse...

If it doesnt come within 10 ill worry...

heavymetals
03-26-06, 01:57 PM
Mlg I could be off but I think how this works is Vendor takes orders, vendor calls Manufacturer, Manufacturer orders raw materials, raw materials get bent by manufacturer, manufacturer delivers to vendor, vendor ships to us...

Something about supply line management or something...

Hell, my clients wait 4 months for product...unless the manufacturer is late then we are looking at 6 months.

Sometimes it is what it is...

I think they gave us a 4-6 week lead time what are we on 8 weeks could be worse...

If it doesnt come within 10 ill worry...

MLG has been whining about this GB since inception.:thepan:

I hope he is as quick with the compliments.

As for the wait, I think it would have been nice if VIVID would have taken a non-refundable deposit instead of full payment, but they are an established business, and since it is on my credit card, if I don't get product, I am protected.

dannystang
03-28-06, 05:51 PM
Umm called today.

No one picked up the phone twice in the day...?

Same day one of my tenants rent bounces...

Ok shameless bouce as telling me it will arrive next year is always better then shop not picking up phone...

pimpcaddy
03-28-06, 05:58 PM
Just got through to Vivid Racing. One of RJ's co-workers is looking into the delivery from Hotchkis. Obviously, it's a supplier issue. I will report back once I hear from Vivid.

Dave

Staxxin
03-28-06, 07:11 PM
Just got through to Vivid Racing. One of RJ's co-workers is looking into the delivery from Hotchkis. Obviously, it's a supplier issue. I will report back once I hear from Vivid.

Dave

I called earlier today and they told me the same. Haven't received a call back nor an email!

KILR CAD
04-03-06, 04:17 PM
Any updates? I haven't heard a thing (nice communication skillls) and still haven't recieved my bars.

dannystang
04-03-06, 04:31 PM
Check new thread guess 35 came in...