: Just Spent $55,000 On A New CTS-V....3 Major Issues Already with 5 Miles

ILoveMyV
02-18-06, 12:06 AM
Hello,

I just purchased my 2006 Cadillac CTS-V from Mark Christopher Cadillac in Ontario California for $55,000 out-the-door. I bought the car at night, so the night inspection and test drive of the car went good.

The next day I get in my car to drive and realized that the A/C did NOT work at all, blew warm air after hours of being on. I then realize that my entire Bose 6 CD Disk changer does not work at all, keeps rejecting all disk. I then realize that after 75 miles my entire drivers side power seat stops working and is stuck in the full back position, and I can barely reach the pedals to drive.

I take the car back to the dealership and the service manager says that there is a 10 day wait before I can get my A/C to work, as the guy was on vacation, and a 4 day wait until I can get my seat to work, and a 7 day wait until I could get my cd changer to work. I was extremely upset. They offered me to rent a GMC Envoy while the car was just sitting in the shop for about 2 weeks, which I refused, as my car was brand new and I REALLY wanted to drive it ASAP.

I got on with OnStar and they directed me to another dealer which was able to work on my car the same day, and offer me a rental by the time I pulled up. So I dropped off the car, took my rental, and it took them about 2 days to fix the A/C and seat issue. They told me the A/C was assembled at the factory wrong, and was missing an O ring which caused the freon to come out, and the seat simply had a blown fuse. The CD changer was also bad, but there was a 4 day wait until they could get the part from GM. I just brought the car in yesterday for the CD changer swap out, so now the 3 issues are resolved.

Question, if I took delivery of a car, and then come to find out all of these 3 issues, do I really have any recourse, or since the issue was fixed just live with it and move on. I LOVE my V, but was extremely angry at the way the dealership in which I just paid $55,000 told me to wait 2 weeks while my brand new 0 mile car was in for repairs.

Kinda scares me that a brand new car with 0 miles can have so many issues already....

What do you think?

wildwhl
02-18-06, 12:13 AM
What is the "cooling off period" in your state?

If you're within that period - demand a full refund. If not - and I doubt you still are - accept that the dealership you took it to 2nd made it right. IT IS A CAR and the issues that were fixed likely will not come up again.

By the way, not to kick you when you are down, but seems like lately there have been somewhat better deals than $55K OTD?

Enjoy your V. Unfortunate that your car had issues out the door. Document everything. If you find that you can't enjoy the car - get rid of it. Life is far too short to do something you hate every day.

WW

ace996
02-18-06, 12:17 AM
First, welcome. Second, I think you may have paid a little too high for that car.....sorry about that. Third, you should have left the car with the dealer for the two weeks, that way you'd be half-way to a Lemon Law claim...which in inevitable, unless you like torture...and then you've done the best thing you could!

All kidding aside, that sucks...but at least you found a dealer that can help...and that may be the best find of all!!!!
-ace

wildwhl
02-18-06, 12:21 AM
Ace is right.

Sell it.

I hear a Camry is pretty reliable.

Are Ducatis reliable? Man, I miss having a Ducati.

One thread you're complaining and the next post (#2 in your case) you've already visited a performance shop to void all factory warranties with a whole list of modifications...

I'm :confused:

WW

Seattle CTS-V
02-18-06, 12:23 AM
Absolutely call Cadillac customer care and file a complaint. You will feel a little better saying bad things about the 1st dealership and also will probably get a free oil change or something. Other than that, I wouldn't expect much. Now go out and drive the hell out of that thing!!

ace996
02-18-06, 12:30 AM
Ace is right.

Are Ducatis reliable? Man, I miss having a Ducati.

WW

Actually, the Duck has been quite the trooper. Other than my shift-lever sticking down after a crash at NewHampInt'lRaceway, which was fixed, I've never had a problem....knock on carbon-fiber!!!! Sad, though...my wife is really pushing me to sell it...and I do plan on making a go at the NYRSCCA SoloII STU championship this summer with another car...and several track-days....so it may not be a bad idea to free up some cash for tires/pads/fuel.

Oh well...

And I do remember hearing about those Camrys not having many problems....Magnacharger make a kit for those?????
-ace

wildwhl
02-18-06, 12:35 AM
Actually Jackson racing I think.

Gotta love that Italian ride. You should sell it to me, cheap, to support your "other" habbit :)

ace996
02-18-06, 12:46 AM
Actually Jackson racing I think.

Gotta love that Italian ride. You should sell it to me, cheap, to support your "other" habbit :)

Jackson...good call!

You need pictures? Find a cheap way to transport it and I'll even wax it first...2001 996 Biposto (with extra mono seat painted black) under 6K miles...."never raced"..."babied"...."garage queen"....
I'm gonna miss her....
-ace

wildwhl
02-18-06, 12:48 AM
$? Transport is easy.

Pics would be nice.

Paypal? lol

heavymetals
02-18-06, 12:54 AM
Well now your in the same boat as I was.

Dealer had the car for three weeks to fix the paint.

At least you aren't having any drivetrain problems.

Onward to mod hell?

ace996
02-18-06, 01:01 AM
$? Transport is easy.

Pics would be nice.

Paypal? lol

I'd like 9K, I'll take 8 and should the leathers fit you, I'll throw them in...the knee pucks are already worn half-way but the jacket is new...Pocono Raceway claimed my last jacket. I'm 6"4 200lbs, the leathers are perfect for for a 6' 180lbs rider....you'll need a new helmet, I need that for the track.
I'll also throw in a signed museum-framed print from Bulovant Gallery that the designer of the 916, Massimo Tamburini, signed. Plenty of mods...my wife would probably give me some extra somethin'somethin' if it goes before June...
I'll send you pics.
-ace

wildwhl
02-18-06, 01:06 AM
I'm far too short for the leathers...but send me pics. You did before, but I wasn't very serious.

I am now...let's see what we can swing.

Bill

heavymetals
02-18-06, 01:12 AM
Ok, group buy on an insurance policy for WW.:histeric:

ace996
02-18-06, 01:12 AM
I'm far too short for the leathers...but send me pics. You did before, but I wasn't very serious.

I am now...let's see what we can swing.

Bill

No problem...tomorrow, if its not raining.
-ace

wildwhl
02-18-06, 01:20 AM
Heavy -

There is more than one "less than 4 wheeler" in my fleet...or were you referencing "accidental death caused by wife" clause :nono:

WW

heavymetals
02-18-06, 01:43 AM
Heavy -

There is more than one "less than 4 wheeler" in my fleet...or were you referencing "accidental death caused by wife" clause :nono:

WW

Someone is probably the beneficiary of that one already!

Sounds like you enjoy pushing the envelope.

Or burning your candle at both ends!

GAGS-V
02-18-06, 01:52 AM
There is no cooling off period in California. What dealer made it right? Many of us are in the Southern California region and would like to know. Try to make the V meet Sunday the 19th in Orange County. You will meet all the rest of your fellow crazy V people and we will fill you in on all the fun you are about to have.

wildwhl
02-18-06, 02:32 AM
Someone is probably the beneficiary of that one already!

Sounds like you enjoy pushing the envelope.

Or burning your candle at both ends!

I find the candle burns brighter if you light it in the middle as well :tisk:

heavymetals
02-18-06, 02:42 AM
I find the candle burns brighter if you light it in the middle as well :tisk:

HA HA HA HA:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :alchi: :alchi:

ILoveMyV
02-18-06, 05:40 AM
There is no cooling off period in California. What dealer made it right? Many of us are in the Southern California region and would like to know. Try to make the V meet Sunday the 19th in Orange County. You will meet all the rest of your fellow crazy V people and we will fill you in on all the fun you are about to have.

Hey I would LOVE to meet up with fellow V owners... Can you PM or email me more information about when and where and any cost? Isn't this Sunday the big Dub show in LA?

Anways it was Mark Christopher Cadillac that took me for $55K out the door, and refused to service my car for 2 weeks. It was Crestview Cadillac that was VERY kind to service my car the same day.

CTSV05
02-18-06, 08:32 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha

Seattle....call Cadillac customer service.............dude.....you're a riot........

stop you're killin me..........lmao

urbanski
02-18-06, 08:46 AM
caddy customer service won't do anything.
welcome to the world of caddy dealers.

best search the FAQ http://www.cadillacfaq.com/dealerrank/index.php
for highly rated dealers near you, and search for forum. GTP and ctsvett stick out in my memory as being SCREWED by SoCal dealers.

kjr39
02-18-06, 08:56 AM
I tell ya. After reading some of the stories that you guys have gone through with your dealers, I'm heading down and giving my dealership a hug!

thebigjimsho
02-18-06, 12:29 PM
I believe in Massachusetts, you have a 3 day window where if there is anything wrong or the car is not as advertised, you're not obliged to keep it and can back out.

Barak
02-18-06, 12:45 PM
Nice of you guys to tell him that not only did he buy a lemon, but he also paid too much for it.

Mark Christopher blows, there is no doubt about that. Their sales department and service department are both terrible.

Crestview's sales department is also bad, but I did get a good deal from them on my V. Their service department is way better than Mark Christophers, but still far below what I expect of Cadillac service.

GAGS-V
02-18-06, 12:55 PM
Read post 7679 for all the info. on the get together on the 19th. Please come and meet a lot of cool guys (& ladies). See more V-s ask more questions. Barak has had some issues with MCC, I had mine with their sales staff (or lack of). Ended up getting mine at Kennedy Cadillac in San Bernardino.

heavymetals
02-18-06, 01:39 PM
Penske.

Treats me great. :thumbsup:

Florian
02-18-06, 01:57 PM
55K otd.....I hope youre joking. As far as the service....f-em, they already swindled you, why stick around just to get your balls kicked.
BTW, those arent major issues.....very minor. Wait till your diff blows...

F

kjr39
02-18-06, 01:58 PM
55K otd.....I hope youre joking. As far as the service....f-em, they already swindled you, why stick around just to get your balls kicked.
BTW, those arent major issues.....very minor. Wait till your diff blows...

F

Yeah, I'd be icing those things down for awhile...

SoCadillac
02-18-06, 02:40 PM
I then realize that my entire Bose 6 CD Disk changer does not work at all, keeps rejecting all disk.?

On your OTD price, did you purchase an extended warranty? Also, your issues are not major, but they are annoyances. Did you rip your own CD's? If so, the CD player has been known not to read CD's that are burned, if they are done on cheaper media or poor ripping application or CD burner. Did the dealership says why the CD unit was bad?

ILoveMyV
02-18-06, 03:22 PM
On your OTD price, did you purchase an extended warranty? Also, your issues are not major, but they are annoyances. Did you rip your own CD's? If so, the CD player has been known not to read CD's that are burned, if they are done on cheaper media or poor ripping application or CD burner. Did the dealership says why the CD unit was bad?

I believe the car was $51,000 and then after taxes, title, and installation on an early warning low-jack system for $1,300, the out the door price came to about $55,000.

The CD changer had to be swapped out, on the sheet it says faulty wiring and bad fuses. The drivers side seat just blew a fuse, and the A/C was assembled wrong from the factory. :bighead:

SoCadillac
02-18-06, 04:51 PM
I believe the car was $51,000 and then after taxes, title, and installation on an early warning low-jack system for $1,300, the out the door price came to about $55,000.

The CD changer had to be swapped out, on the sheet it says faulty wiring and bad fuses. The drivers side seat just blew a fuse, and the A/C was assembled wrong from the factory. :bighead:
I don't think it's all that bad, and certainly hope you don't get a bad taste for your new V because of what happened; it is a mass produced vehicle. A pisser, no doubt, but you can look at it as you caught it early on and now they have record of it, which can give you leverage should anything major happened later on.

Zorb750
02-18-06, 05:08 PM
... The drivers side seat just blew a fuse ...

Just blew a fuse? Oh yeah, just put a new fuse in it and you're as good as gold... At least until whatever is wrong with the car crops up again, and again, and again, fuse after fuse after fuse. If another fuse blows, actually troubleshoot it, ok?

2004ctsv
02-18-06, 06:10 PM

Welcome on board

Take the info from some of these guys with a grain of salt
We want tho change the name of the forum to Napa Valley.com because there's some much whine on it.

Everyone here bought their car for under $45K new, drove it like Gramma going to church on Sunday and their diff (or name your part of choice) blew up (fell out, never worked, name your verb of choice) and the dealers tried to screw (cheat, rip off, you get the picture) them out of their free repairs.

Just drive your car and enjoy it. If you spend too much time here you'll need Prozac. I'm down to once or twice a week. The threads worth reading are pretty easy to identify. You'll pick out the top whines also.

Happy Motoring

T

GAGS-V
02-18-06, 06:24 PM
A reminder e-mail.. Despite the possibility of showers (although it is small) we will STILL BE HAVING THIS MEETING…

Hope to see you all there…

--------------------

In our grand attempt to get everyone together and have a great time talking about CTS’s and CTS-V’s, we have decided to have a gathering on Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 11:00 at dromo1 (www.dromo1.com (http://www.dromo1.com/)). Dromo1 is an indoor go-kart racing track for adults (in age, not maturity).

Dromo1 is located at:

1431 North Main Street
Orange, CA 92867

We will be gathering in the parking lot at about 11:00 am and spend some time talking about cars, showing off mods, etc. There is food located across the street (Chili’s, King fish and a coffee shop) which we can walk over to if we get hungry (or thirsty).

People will be welcome to race at dromo1 at will (grudge matches are ok) at a cost of $25 / race (see the website for more information- they take this racing seriously).

I will send out a reminder the Friday before the event to this e-mail address…

NOTE: In the case of rain, we will cancel the event (nobody wants to stand in the rain and talk about cars). This information will be provided in a reminder e-mail/post a few days before.

I hope to see you all there. We can get a ton of pictures and make everyone in the rest of the country jealous!

Reed
www.cadillacfaq.com (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/)
www.cadillacforums.com (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/../)
www.clubcts.com (http://www.clubcts.com/)

P.S. For those who are headed south on the 405, I will be leaving from the Inglewood offramp (in-n-out burger parking lot) at about 10:35 ish. If you are headed by, stop in and we can caravan. E-mail me so we wait for you (within reason).

thebigjimsho
02-19-06, 07:20 PM
Welcome on board

Take the info from some of these guys with a grain of salt
We want tho change the name of the forum to Napa Valley.com because there's some much whine on it.

Everyone here bought their car for under $45K new, drove it like Gramma going to church on Sunday and their diff (or name your part of choice) blew up (fell out, never worked, name your verb of choice) and the dealers tried to screw (cheat, rip off, you get the picture) them out of their free repairs.

Just drive your car and enjoy it. If you spend too much time here you'll need Prozac. I'm down to once or twice a week. The threads worth reading are pretty easy to identify. You'll pick out the top whines also.

Happy Motoring

TWell, hooray for you that the Steelers won. I'd hate to see what you'd be like if you were thoroughly bitter instead of just a little bit.