: PCM? What now

tgs2101
01-03-04, 07:46 AM
Hello,

My service engine light has come on for my 1996 SLS. It has 105K miles on it now. Also, yesterday "EMISSIONS SYSTEMS" flashed about every 5 or 10 minutes.

I accessed the diagnostic codes via the two hot keys on the panel controls and only got the following codes:
PC1406 HISTORY
RF2560
PCM?

Now, the "PCM?" confuses me. What do I do now? As the system ran though all the other code groups, they were all clear, ie, NO ACC codes for example.

I have done the 100K maintenance, to include new AC/DELCO plugs and wires, top end valve cleaning, and run 93 octane Amoco gas through it.

Does any one know what I should do about the "PCM?" ? How do I get past it, or is that an indication that it's at the end of the cycle?

Thanks.

Tommy Smith

bob2231
01-03-04, 11:29 AM
Hello,

My service engine light has come on for my 1996 SLS. It has 105K miles on it now. Also, yesterday "EMISSIONS SYSTEMS" flashed about every 5 or 10 minutes.

I accessed the diagnostic codes via the two hot keys on the panel controls and only got the following codes:
PC1406 HISTORY
RF2560
PCM?

Now, the "PCM?" confuses me. What do I do now? As the system ran though all the other code groups, they were all clear, ie, NO ACC codes for example.

I have done the 100K maintenance, to include new AC/DELCO plugs and wires, top end valve cleaning, and run 93 octane Amoco gas through it.

Does any one know what I should do about the "PCM?" ? How do I get past it, or is that an indication that it's at the end of the cycle?

Thanks.

Tommy Smith From what I've read here, when PCM ? comes up, that's normal and it's asking you what you want to do next. It's more or less the end of cycle.
Bob

vb1994
01-03-04, 12:00 PM
Hello,

PC1406 HISTORY
RF2560
PCM?

Thanks.

Tommy Smith

vb1994
01-03-04, 12:05 PM
Go to http://www.caddyinfo.com/howto.html
I have the same problem with my 94 caddy I'm puting in the updated prom
less than $50.00.

cadillac6
01-06-04, 07:16 PM
yeah the "PCM?" is just asking what do you want to do next. Clear the codes? review the codes? etc so there is nothing wrong with that.

elwesso
01-06-04, 08:04 PM
Yes thats correct.... There are a series of other tests and data you cna look at by presing warmer or cooler when PCM comes up......